Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
jim,

please don't start making unfounded accusations and implications in order to derail a fabricator that has quietly brought more to this community than recent "self proclaimed" tuners. these are mild steel headers with a jet-hot coating. no one has ever represented them as ss. and to make the totally uneducated assumption that these headers are knock-offs is below the belt even for you. these are original headers...headers that vrp LATER commissioned to become their own and put their brand on. we all know you have more money than the rest of us so you can pay what you want. in the mean time others need to work within a budget and these headers flat out work (as witnessed at famoso).
As witnessed at Famoso you ran a whopping .1 quicker with all your mods and 2.3L twin screw than Jim did N/A on his nitrous (aka non optimal for N/A power) tune. Even though he didn't make a clean nitrous pass, Jim managed to beat you out by .2 and a handful of mph on a 70-100 shot.

Congrats Big Dog!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by theeddie
im still confused. how come you guys think t304 is so expensive?

i just give up on everyone on this board price points for stuff.
I keep wondering the same thing, these are six figure cars and some of these guys gripe about the cost of everything...maybe they should have kept with the civics and Mustangs for a couple more years LOL, they are always comparing prices to Mustang and Camero and even Vette stuff, what they forget is those are mass produced cars with a much larger population of people that tune them, company XYZ builds a jig for a mustang header and then builds 100 sets of headers, now you take that same company, they engineer and build a jig for an E63 and they might build and sell 15 sets of headers, the R&D and tooling is amortized over a much smaller production run resulting in a higher per unit cost, its simple business and financing practices, companies are not trying to hose you just because you drive an MB.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
As witnessed at Famoso .... Jim did N/A on his nitrous (aka non optimal for N/A power) tune.
Tuned by MHP no less, no? Jim's car on nitrous (optimized or not) is fast. The nitrous just shows the potential his car has.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by theeddie
im still confused. how come you guys think t304 is so expensive?

i just give up on everyone on this board price points for stuff.

How much more would stainless be? Couldn't the fabricator make it out of stainless and just charge the difference?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Ahh so there not Stainless, that's what we were initially saying couldn't be made for $2500 STAINLESS Jangy no T304 Stainless Steel NO "W"
GRRR!!!! I tried and almost had that "W"..
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Tuned by MHP no less, no? Jim's car on nitrous (optimized or not) is fast. The nitrous just shows the potential his car has.
Yes sir, and you are correct, nitrous makes a great N/A motor even better. Props on making it to the event btw.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
How much more would stainless be? Couldn't the fabricator make it out of stainless and just charge the difference?
The difference in price would be related to how much tubing you bought and where you got it from--I guess kind of like anything else. You'd also have to factor in the additional cost of TIG welding.
Otherwise congrats on what looks like a successful first attempt at filling a current void in the market.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Props on making it to the event btw.
I had lots of friends to see and wanted to check out the fastest AMGs out. It was one of the first times that we had various tuners representing and they all did well.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My intent was not to start a pissing match or war of words, Jangy, I was not attcking or slamming your findings, I was just asking a reasonable question.

I do need to add one thing that I can't get out of my mind...JetHot Coatings...I remember when Flowmaster started doing that back in the 90's, it lasted about a year and then rust would appear like magic, I hope these headers don't do the same thing.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
My intent was not to start a pissing match or war of words, Jangy, I was not attcking or slamming your findings, I was just asking a reasonable question.

I do need to add one thing that I can't get out of my mind...JetHot Coatings...I remember when Flowmaster started doing that back in the 90's, it lasted about a year and then rust would appear like magic, I hope these headers don't do the same thing.
I know you weren't Jim and I didn't take it that way. You have valid points and I'm sure we will get into them. There is just history with lots of things and this is one of them. Now you know why I knew more but didn't post it to start with. Whatever happened between the companies is none of my business or concern.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had lots of friends to see and wanted to check out the fastest AMGs out. It was one of the first times that we had various tuners representing and they all did well.
Jangy, are you running Willow on the 19th? I will be out there as will several other guys from the board. I might also do the saturday night test and tune at Famoso if the air looks like it is going to be good...I still want that 10.99 or better pass. A DA under 1500 and the new mods being installed are hopefully gonna be enough with the 100 shot, but I have 125shot just in case...then again I have been saying that for 4 months now LOL.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Flowmasters have been rusting out for years (likely the 90s as you say). They are paper thin and basically disposable, so i wouldn't say it is apples and oranges. I guess the same could be asked of the shorties that are out there, since most are also just steel. My guess would be that stainless would last longer, but have no idea how long a set of these will go.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
GRRR!!!! I tried and almost had that "W"..
Actually considering they are hot coated $2500 is quite the bargain, I seriously doubt you'll keep the E55 long enough to see them rusting to pieces You'll prolly be in a new AMG w/TT's by then..
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, are you running Willow on the 19th? I will be out there as will several other guys from the board. I might also do the saturday night test and tune at Famoso if the air looks like it is going to be good...I still want that 10.99 or better pass. A DA under 1500 and the new mods being installed are hopefully gonna be enough with the 100 shot, but I have 125shot just in case...then again I have been saying that for 4 months now LOL.
I didn't know about a Willow day. I doubt I will have the car running right by then. I am getting a few final things done before it just becomes a daily toy.

Test and tune nights suck for track prep but you are at the door so a good pass or two may be all you need. I wish you had run in the left lane a few more tries in the afternoon. 10s are in your future, so be patient and don't blow it up before
Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flowmasters have been rusting out for years (likely the 90s as you say). They are paper thin and basically disposable, so i wouldn't say it is apples and oranges. I guess the same could be asked of the shorties that are out there, since most are also just steel. My guess would be that stainless would last longer, but have no idea how long a set of these will go.
I was not trying to compare them to Flowmasters, but I remember when Flowmaster started the jethot coating and they said they addressed the rust issue all they did was extend the life of the muffler from a half season to a full season before you could see that famous Flowmaster rust under the bumper cover LOL
Old 02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Actually considering they are hot coated $2500 is quite the bargain, I seriously doubt you'll keep the E55 long enough to see them rusting to pieces You'll prolly be in a new AMG w/TT's by then..
Prices the way they are, I won't be dumping the E55 anytime soon. the lease ends in a few months and it looks like MB will negotiate, so we'll see. No new AMG for me anytime soon. Just glad to have what i do for now.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10s are in your future, so be patient and don't blow it up before
You guys better pray I don't blow it up, when I do its gonna be game over, even the 65tt guys won't touch me.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
I honestly don't. I know what each party says about the relationship but that's about it. It is a fine line for me because I am friends with Vadim but I've lost loyalty for the VRP "brand". A year ago, I would have insisted that VRP make it for me. Now, things are different.

Next, I posted my intentions months ago. VRP had every opportunity to hear what the members were saying and offer a similar deal. They did not.

Last thing, I fully stumbled on this. It is a mere coincidence that I asked for $2500 and this deal is $2500. I heard of the price through a friend that had found them and was considering getting them.
But they are not stainless and you claimed stainless for that price point.

What's more worrisome is once again you've lost brand loyality. Let's see that makes Renntech, EVOsport, MHP, VRP and a few others. Sounds like they told you that they wouldn't give you product for free so you "Left" them.

Now you've "found" these headers in AZ, somewhere you were in December...

Curious

Last edited by E55Pilot; 02-07-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot

What's more worrisome is once again you've lost brand loyality. Let's see that makes Renntech, EVOsport, MHP, VRP and a few others. Sounds like they told you that they wouldn't give you product for free so you "Left" them.

Now you've "found" these headers...
Sean already brought that up and I already conceeded defeat, what else do you want?

You are worried about my brand loyalty? LOL at you and your endless efforts. Just for the record, I have never bought anything from MHP so how could I lose loyalty? I've got EVOSport, RennTech, and VRP parts on my car but was never loyal to any of them.

Be clear. Vadim is a friend and my tuner. I trust him with my car and am happy to help him when he needs a E55 to test on.

What bugs you more? Losing to an E55 or to me? I asked you months ago, who did you buy your E55 from? Still have the lotus?
Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
BUT BUT BUT...... You really are weak.

Now you've "found" these headers in AZ, somewhere you were in December...

Curious
LOL!! You are a good tail. You remembered I was in Az in Dec. I dunno if I should be impressed or worried at your obsession...

I met some cool guys in Az, none of which had anything to do with me "finding" these headers. It was actually Famosa where I saw them work and then last week when a California friend told me that they were still being offered by the fabricator. We all (you excluded) already knew who made them.....
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

2004 E55
You are worried about my brand loyalty? LOL at you and your endless efforts. Just for the record, I have never bought anything from MHP so how could I lose loyalty? I've got EVOSport, RennTech, and VRP parts on my car but was never loyal to any of them.

It's apparent since you go at them and try to defame them.... It's been mentioned before and I have no issue saying it again, You are a liability. A liability to MBWorld and a liability to the tuners you "Work" with.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned

2004 E55
What bugs you more? Losing to an E55 or to me? I asked you months ago, who did you buy your E55 from? Still have the lotus?
Your paranoia speaks volumes. I have never met you or seen your car. I'm not the driver of the lotus you claimed to beat when you crashed your car, Just someone that reads the archives. BTW Whatever happened to the Vette you claimed to beat? (That's in the archives too)
Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

2004 E55
LOL!! You are a good tail. You remembered I was in Az in Dec. I dunno if I should be impressed or worried at your obsession...
I didn't need to remember, it's in your profile.... LOL You're far less on top of things than you think.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:42 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by MHP
As witnessed at Famoso you ran a whopping .1 quicker with all your mods and 2.3L twin screw than Jim did N/A on his nitrous (aka non optimal for N/A power) tune. Even though he didn't make a clean nitrous pass, Jim managed to beat you out by .2 and a handful of mph on a 70-100 shot.

Congrats Big Dog!
A HA! Will the real "so called tuner" please stand up.

I see the usual suspects are still at it -

Mikey - one of a kind, don't go changing on me now.

I for one just buy the most expensive parts that i can find and blindly install them regardless of price - fit or finish. Who cares as long as they're the most expensive. I've got more money than EVERYONE anywhere - hell I just
picked up those jet engines off the plane that went down in the hudson for a song. I'm already in talks with that hack Andy to install them.
All in preparation for MIR - so I can say I'm the richest, fastest, and best looking and then theres the car

JT55 is a fictional character and all prose are for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously. (I don't want to be sued by anyone I'm not really rich I just know Jim and Andy discounts prices in return for my undying praise - imagined, untrue or downright false statements as well)
Old 02-07-2009, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP

Congrats Big Dog!
thanks for chiming in with irrelevant babble. i won't take anything away from jim's car but NO ONE was comparing what my 91octane street car did compared to his 120octane nitrous fed track car. i was comparing what my car did against similarly modded e55's. frankly i'm surprised you have the nerve to bring anything about famoso up since the e55 that you swore and threatened would "kill me" and "rip my bumper off" had to trailer home early because your tune didn't even run properly.

...and my comment about "so called tuners" applies to several that have come and gone in the past year or so. but i'm not surprised you and jt55 found substance in the remark.

i'm done arguing with you about nothing so can we get back on topic or will you feel the need to throw your 3 happy clients in my face while neglecting to mention the several others that have asked for their money back?

Last edited by chiromikey; 02-07-2009 at 05:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55K long tubes for $2500