Sponsored by:

E55K long tubes for $2500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrcart

hmmmmm.......I believe it's called an aftermarket blower

I'm really getting sick of the 55 guys like you and Mikey that think their super chargers are N/A or "motor only". Hey Ahmad, I'm gonna ask the question nobody seems to be asking. How fast was your "hooptie" before you bolted up an aftermarket blower to it? I promise it was not even in the same leauge as my car (even when I was bone stock), what did you run 12.4's? 12.5's....maybe even 12.7's????do I hear 13.0's???? Regardless of the cost of my car or it's mods it runs 11.3's on motor with simple bolt-ons, far fewer mods than any of you 55 guys have made to run comparable times with your cars. I have headers, X-pipe (stock mufflers), ECU tuning, a crank pulley and an airbox on my car, those are the only mods that are helping my engine make power. Show me any 55 that can lay down a 11.3 with only those mods. You guys have to change TB's, IC's, IC pumps, pulleys, T-stats, MAJOR intake mods, plus who knows what else. Bottom line is that most of you are stubborn haters that for whatever reason you think your 55's are far superior to anything else out there. I'm going to beat each and every last one of your e/t's on motor if it's the last thing I do just so a 63 can stand atop all of you in the record books. I have all the time, money and resources I will need to do it too. So sit back and enjoy, it's going to be an intersting spring...and I have not even taken delivery of the SL BS yet, and some of you guys think I am going over board on the CLK, LOL, just wait! God, I know it's gonna burn some of you guys up when you see JRCART in the top two spots of all the lists.
Just buy a 55, put 20k in mods, set the record, and save a couple hundred grand you donk.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Just buy a 55, put 20k in mods, set the record, and save a couple hundred grand you donk.
LOL. I had a similar thought. Jim, you could pick up an E55, mod it, and try for the trifecta of having the fastest 63, V12TT, and 55K at the same time. It would also give you a well-rounded Merc stable with a roadster, two door coupe, and four door sedan.

Also, I believe "all motor" thing is nothing more than people struggling to come up with suitable language to describe that the 55K's blower was installed at the factory and is not an after-market power adder. I don't think anyone is trying to obscure the fact that the 55K engines have a blower installed.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Why don't you do it then you bust-out?....I think the Black Series cars make a little bit more of a statement than any 55 MB ever built. You can do it your way, I'll do it mine , so go ahead and max out you credit cards trying to polish a turd and I'll be out driving in style in one of my Black Series'. Obviously a couple hundred grand to me is like 5 grand to you, otherwise you would have already taken your own advise and dumped $20k into a 55 yourself. When I need some financial advice I'll ask for it...but it will not be from a bust-out like you. Obviously, from your words I assume you should be the one seeking financial advice, not giving it if you think $200k is really that much money LOL!

Donk....Donk? That's the best you could come up with? LOL, what a loser!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jmf003
Also, I believe "all motor" thing is nothing more than people struggling to come up with suitable language to describe that the 55K's blower was installed at the factory and is not an after-market power adder. I don't think anyone is trying to obscure the fact that the 55K engines have a blower installed.

Can someone tell this to Ahmad...there is nothing factory about the blower on his car. It is 100% aftermarket, to the best of my knowledge the 208 CLK never came with a factory Kompressor.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
please, stop the bs.

i just can't figure out why you and andy are always lumping me in your arguments? i never said anything about your car's power, i couldn't care less what your 63 does or what records it holds, and i couldn't care less if your car is quicker or faster than mine. you guys keep wanting to compare your car to my e and bait me to race for some reason but it just isn't that important to me. if it was, i would have bolted on a baby shot of n2o and whooped you at famoso. and calling 55's like mine "highly modded" makes me laugh. we have some very basic bolt-on parts...big deal.

i have also never gotten into the "motor only" argument, and for you to go even further by saying i've said our e55's are n/a is absolute nonsense. please stop making this stuff up to fit your arguments. i do see how "motor only" could be considered a fair description since it describes the platform as it came from the factory...but again, i really couldn't care less about what some people want to call it.

so please leave my name out of your rants and maybe if andy would do the same about his grudge matches we wouldn't have to worry about moderators taking action against us. i'd honestly rather just have fun here and at the track.

I'm really getting sick of the 55 guys like you and Mikey that think their super chargers are N/A or "motor only". Hey Ahmad, I'm gonna ask the question nobody seems to be asking. How fast was your "hooptie" before you bolted up an aftermarket blower to it? I promise it was not even in the same leauge as my car (even when I was bone stock), what did you run 12.4's? 12.5's....maybe even 12.7's????do I hear 13.0's???? Regardless of the cost of my car or it's mods it runs 11.3's on motor with simple bolt-ons, far fewer mods than any of you 55 guys have made to run comparable times with your cars. I have headers, X-pipe (stock mufflers), ECU tuning, a crank pulley and an airbox on my car, those are the only mods that are helping my engine make power. Show me any 55 that can lay down a 11.3 with only those mods. You guys have to change TB's, IC's, IC pumps, pulleys, T-stats, MAJOR intake mods, plus who knows what else. Bottom line is that most of you are stubborn haters that for whatever reason you think your 55's are far superior to anything else out there. I'm going to beat each and every last one of your e/t's on motor if it's the last thing I do just so a 63 can stand atop all of you in the record books. I have all the time, money and resources I will need to do it too. So sit back and enjoy, it's going to be an intersting spring...and I have not even taken delivery of the SL BS yet, and some of you guys think I am going over board on the CLK, LOL, just wait! God, I know it's gonna burn some of you guys up when you see JRCART in the top two spots of all the lists.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you do it then you bust-out?....I think the Black Series cars make a little bit more of a statement than any 55 MB ever built. You can do it your way, I'll do it mine , so go ahead and max out you credit cards trying to polish a turd and I'll be out driving in style in one of my Black Series'. Obviously a couple hundred grand to me is like 5 grand to you, otherwise you would have already taken your own advise and dumped $20k into a 55 yourself. When I need some financial advice I'll ask for it...but it will not be from a bust-out like you. Obviously, from your words I assume you should be the one seeking financial advice, not giving it if you think $200k is really that much money LOL!

Donk....Donk? That's the best you could come up with? LOL, what a loser!
Calm down Jimbo, it was just a joke.

I'm not into a souped-up family sedan, but thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

Off tpoic

lol down boy

Firstly the 55k are not heavily modded
Look at all the stage 1 cars done by LET they are already at 120-121mph and 11.6 -11.7 with just stage 1 pulley and tune.
SL55 with 11.3 or 2 and 126mph with VRP 600kit (long tube headers, 80mm TB, carbon fibre air box, pulley & tune)

The pump that gets replaced is to fix the stock broken one. You see MB has a revised one that works, but most of the guys got used to running an after market one that is pretty much = to the revised MB pump. and if your out of warranty it might be cheaper i think so

Headers?
most are running shorti or non...nothing like your long tubes with no cats/ race cats.

T stat hmm does not give hp from what I know, just better cooling. in winter any need?

Addition cooling HE again no hp, just consistency with cooling

TB is actually an AMG part made by AMG its self

So I would not call that major modding, although it does seem like a few things it is nearly = to yours...you are not mentioning the dymgs ;p 20-25whp is not something little

and finally you are lighter then pretty much any other benz & have TCU tuning to boot

pity u guys do not have the CLK55 DTM AMG would have loved to see what that car could do!

The whole argument with the 63 is. It’s not an upgrade in the power department to a 55k. More power can be had in the 55 for far less then the 63 & the car is cheaper to boot, that’s pretty much it (nothing to do with the 63 been not good)
This is fact nothing to prove, if you get good numbers congrats, but does not change it

BACK on TOPIC

So what’s the deal then Jangy poor chiro is in the sin bin…I need to ask him a few things!!! Whats the diameter on these headers?
Will the stock bottom cover under the trans fit with them on?

Last edited by Zod; 02-08-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i won't take anything away from jim's car but NO ONE was comparing what my 91octane street car did compared to his 120octane nitrous fed track car. i was comparing what my car did against similarly modded e55's.

Mikey...care to re-phrase your last statement? Looks like a jab to me. Track car? LOL, you talk like it's not street legal! LOL!!!!! All you do is compare my car to your car and other 55's. You are always throwing the little NOS jab in there....and your car has a hell of a lot more work done to it than mine does, we all know this is a fact. Obviously I am talking about go fast mods, my roll bar and brake lines and road race stuff does not really play into the equation at the strip.

Mikey, you are an instigator if you say so or not.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by LZH
With all due respect....please go back and read the first page. It was not until post #45 where Mikey started it. Ban me, suspend me I really don't give a ***** because I'm getting really sick and tired of his backhanded comments that are CLEARLY meant to instigate...Jim is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. I wouldn't put them on my car either. Sure, he was wrong about who makes them, but he certainly wasn't trying to "derail the fabricator"...he was pointing out that they are an inferior product, and they are. Then the "selp proclaimed" commnet totally out of left aimed directly at MHP for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.
And you MODS wonder why this bickering continues. I hate to sound like a kid on the playground.....but perhaps you should punish who starts it and not the guys who react after the fact.
Ah, this explains it. You were that kid in school- red hair and a ruddy complexion meant not only getting continuously bullied but must've also made for painful lunch breaks in the Cali sun. It all makes sense now.

Now we've all had some comic relief, let's get back on topic and stop the bickering. $2500 is a great price.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
lol down boy

Firstly the 55k are not heavily modded
Look at all the stage 1 cars done by LET they are already at 120-121mph and 11.6 -11.7 with just stage 1 pulley and tune.
SL55 with 11.3 or 2 and 126mph with VRP 600kit (long tube headers, 80mm TB, carbon fibre air box, pulley & tune)
LOL, you are making my point for me, thanks. I too have long tube headers, STOCK TB, Carbon Fiber Air Box, Pulley and a tune and I too run 11.3's with NO NOS!

"Firstly the 55k are not heavily modded"...WTF??? LOL!!!!!!!!

What is done to the ones running 11.1's and 11.2's?

You guys need to make up your mind, they are either heavily modded or they are not...can't have it both ways. In one breath you guys call mine "heavily modded" but then you fire off a list with more mods than my car and call it "not heavily modded"...what gives? You guys need to get your crap stories straight.

Bottom line my bolt-on equiped 63 is quicker/faster than 95% of the quickest 55's out there and it's buring some of you guys up pretty beadly...an my car looks 10x better in the process.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

rephrase what? again, please don't change what i said to fit your aguement. i didn't say anything about your car's street legal status. i'm going on the fact that YOU'VE stated you primarily use this car to run on the track and it gets trailered all across the country to do so. it was no jab at you, it was stating a fact.

again, your putting words in my mouth to fit your arguement. i don't compare your car to mine except when defending statements like these. and i don't care how much work my car has compared to yours...although when it comes to performance upgrades, i can promise it is a lot less when you consider the entire picture.

seriously, look at your car...you don't really want to compare it to a piece of crap like mine do you?

Mikey...care to re-phrase your last statement? Looks like a jab to me. Track car? LOL, you talk like it's not street legal! LOL!!!!! All you do is compare my car to your car and other 55's. You are always throwing the little NOS jab in there....and your car has a hell of a lot more work done to it than mine does, we all know this is a fact. Obviously I am talking about go fast mods, my roll bar and brake lines and road race stuff does not really play into the equation at the strip.

Mikey, you are an instigator if you say so or not.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

rephrase what? again, please don't change what i said to fit your aguement. i didn't say anything about your car's street legal status. i'm going on the fact that YOU'VE stated you primarily use this car to run on the track and it gets trailered all across the country to do so. it was no jab at you, it was stating a fact.

again, your putting words in my mouth to fit your arguement. i don't compare your car to mine except when defending statements like these. and i don't care how much work my car has compared to yours...although when it comes to performance upgrades, i can promise it is a lot less when you consider the entire picture.

seriously, look at your car...you don't really want to compare it to a piece of crap like mine do you?
The car has over 7000 road miles on it, it is no trailer queen, If I need to remind you I live in Chicago, driving from Chicago to LA in January in a 525rwhp car is not really an option. I trailer it along with spare parts, spare tires and tools...I saw lots of trailers at Famoso. You are really not the brightest bulb in the bunch are you?

"although when it comes to performance upgrades, i can promise it is a lot less when you consider the entire picture" WTF???????????? What do you mean by this comment?...your car has more engine performance mods than my car has....bottom line! If you state otherwise you would be lying.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok jim...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
although when it comes to performance upgrades, i can promise it is a lot less when you consider the entire picture.
It means most people consider mods to reduce weight as performance mods.

Honestly Moderators ... at what point do you say, regardless of the input of a member, that enough is enough. Just perma ban them.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by theeddie
i feel you. screw it why not just suspended me aswell.

this is what happens when a all the internet boards are owned by one big company!

we shall rise up and take down the man...well woman.
Wow, words to live by. Thank you for your well-thought contribution. I hope you now feel accepted in the virtual world. And your point makes so much sense. Just blame people's bad behavior on I/B. How original!

------

Some people change, other don't, nor are they willing to. Even after countless warnings, infractions, probations, suspensions. We're not asking the impossible, but to some it apparently is. You don't need to have a say in everything, especially in threads you have no reason to be in. And to someone's point, the amount of insight or knowledge you provide does not make you an exception to how you handle yourself on the boards, nor does it justify bad behavior.

If anyone has questions or comments you can PM me. Otherwise, this thread is CLOSED.