W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Challenger SRT8 story just happened tonite @ about 10:30pm!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Great Challenger SRT8 story just happened tonite @ about 10:30pm!!

I get off the frwy hit surface streets hardly anyone out (I was coming home from LA, long day) I stop @ the red-lights/intersection about 1 block from the frwy, just then a brand new dealer plated bright orange Challenger SRT8 proceeds to pull a nice sweeping left hand burnout right infront of my SL!!

Just as he passes me the light turns green, I rip a total illegal U-turn getting sideways to make the turn, (I see some kids @ the gas station the SRT8 left from staring in awe) I tear after him catch up to him @ red-light (1) block away) to enter the frwy again (he's in front of me (2) laner that turns sharp left then merges into (1) lane straight-away down hill frwy onramp, there's a goofy ricer in Altima in the (1) lane lined up w/Challenger, edging fwd revving thinking he's got something for the SRT8

Bam light hit's green (were on the crummy outside lane) Altima fell back instantly & Challenger was off I had to hang back a bit due to Altima taking up both lanes as there merging, I got along side then flew past him too, Altima ricer got gang-raped

I quickly was about 2 cars or less off the Challengers, we were @ about 65-70mph (think it must've been a lil modded to be able to loose traction on the frwy @ that speed, rocks are shooting all over my SL fro his tires) He already had the jump do to Altima) I started reelin him in then passed him @ a good clip, I don't know how many lengths I pulled (To busy scanning the road for pigsters or slow cars ahead) I see cars up ahead about 1/2 mile I BRAKE @ 140ish then he continues to catch & pass me, I'm figuring Ahh another roll w/even start? no he heads off at next exit we meet @ a gas station..

I was by myself, as I pulled up we were throwing thumbs up out our windows, then we had a very interesting chat he asked "aren't you worried bout cops?" I answer "I knew you were gonna go for it so I said F-it it's ON!! Also usually not many cops out on this stretch @ this time of night."

His Challenger had a passenger & they both laughed out loud! (Looked to be both in there late 30's) I asked "what's so funny?" Driver looks over @ passenger & says he's CHP I say "Where am I? who are you guys? we all laugh the CHP says NO sweat I didn't see anything

The driver then tells me you got a V12 TwinTurbo, this is a V8 man, I say yeah I know but I hardly ever get fun cars like your Challenger to run me & at near perfect conditions w/hardly anybody out, & when I saw you rip that burnout in front of me it was all I needed, he agrees then his passenger the cop says "You got 604-HP! this things stock from the dealership" I retort "NO it's an SL600 NOT 65, fact stats are 500-HP, & it's stock too just a lil Cat-back & no race gas for the Turbo's"

He said damn! I didn't know what to think until you got past the Altima & came tearing after me & got on my tail.... @ the lights, I knew you had an SL & that it was a V12TT, were all just gigling like school girls talking about what each of us saw. Then he tells me he used to own the SL55 AMG & a few other exotics..

Then he tells me that he just purchased (3) identical SRT8 Challengers, I asked "What for a collector? or movie??" He answers NO I'm a tuner & we will be making mass quantity go-fast parts for these bad-boys! I tried to get him to clarify but he acted like it was top-secret as he & his pass whispered back n forth till he answered me. I said I'm a member of MBworld there's a lot of respect for those new SRT8 Challengers especially w/mods, they seemed to get more excited about their project & eluded to you'll be seeing lots on these cars in the coming weeks/months. The only tuning Co. he dropped was Horsepower something (can't remember), I asked where I could find 'em on the web he said look in the Mopar forums...We introduced ourselves his name was Secil or Cecil (SP?) & pass left anonymous due to his line of work lol...

Really cool down to earth enthusiasts, damn if I would've only knew this was going down I'd of ran some Torco! the results would've been much much uglier

I left 1st out of the gas station just broiling the tires I'm certain they were loving it!

So kool to run like-minded enthusiasts the CHP in pass seat was just gravy! very kool night!! I guess anyone here frequent the Mopar forums might know this Cecil/Seasal/Secil guy? please link him my post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
id run right when i found out the passenger was a chp... lol great story though...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Ricker...your car is definitely sweet.

But in my opinion it's missing ONE minor thing. With that blacked out tint, the black paint, and the red brakes, your car is absolutely crying out (nah...more like throwing a tantrum!) for those thin red circle lines around the lips of the rims. That would REALLY set it off nicely...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Something like this...

but maybe with a little thicker red line. You don't have to change rims, you can just have your lips painted. The car is just crying for it, though.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230 Kompressor SS
Nice little story.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Great story Ricker
Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Originally Posted by Thericker
I get off the frwy hit surface streets hardly anyone out (I was coming home from LA, long day) I stop @ the red-lights/intersection about 1 block from the frwy, just then a brand new dealer plated bright orange Challenger SRT8 proceeds to pull a nice sweeping left hand burnout right infront of my SL!!

Just as he passes me the light turns green, I rip a total illegal U-turn getting sideways to make the turn, (I see some kids @ the gas station the SRT8 left from staring in awe) I tear after him catch up to him @ red-light (1) block away) to enter the frwy again (he's in front of me (2) laner that turns sharp left then merges into (1) lane straight-away down hill frwy onramp, there's a goofy ricer in Altima in the (1) lane lined up w/Challenger, edging fwd revving thinking he's got something for the SRT8

Bam light hit's green (were on the crummy outside lane) Altima fell back instantly & Challenger was off I had to hang back a bit due to Altima taking up both lanes as there merging, I got along side then flew past him too, Altima ricer got gang-raped

I quickly was about 2 cars or less off the Challengers, we were @ about 65-70mph (think it must've been a lil modded to be able to loose traction on the frwy @ that speed, rocks are shooting all over my SL fro his tires) He already had the jump do to Altima) I started reelin him in then passed him @ a good clip, I don't know how many lengths I pulled (To busy scanning the road for pigsters or slow cars ahead) I see cars up ahead about 1/2 mile I BRAKE @ 140ish then he continues to catch & pass me, I'm figuring Ahh another roll w/even start? no he heads off at next exit we meet @ a gas station..

I was by myself, as I pulled up we were throwing thumbs up out our windows, then we had a very interesting chat he asked "aren't you worried bout cops?" I answer "I knew you were gonna go for it so I said F-it it's ON!! Also usually not many cops out on this stretch @ this time of night."

His Challenger had a passenger & they both laughed out loud! (Looked to be both in there late 30's) I asked "what's so funny?" Driver looks over @ passenger & says he's CHP I say "Where am I? who are you guys? we all laugh the CHP says NO sweat I didn't see anything

The driver then tells me you got a V12 TwinTurbo, this is a V8 man, I say yeah I know but I hardly ever get fun cars like your Challenger to run me & at near perfect conditions w/hardly anybody out, & when I saw you rip that burnout in front of me it was all I needed, he agrees then his passenger the cop says "You got 604-HP! this things stock from the dealership" I retort "NO it's an SL600 NOT 65, fact stats are 500-HP, & it's stock too just a lil Cat-back & no race gas for the Turbo's"

He said damn! I didn't know what to think until you got past the Altima & came tearing after me & got on my tail.... @ the lights, I knew you had an SL & that it was a V12TT, were all just gigling like school girls talking about what each of us saw. Then he tells me he used to own the SL55 AMG & a few other exotics..

Then he tells me that he just purchased (3) identical SRT8 Challengers, I asked "What for a collector? or movie??" He answers NO I'm a tuner & we will be making mass quantity go-fast parts for these bad-boys! I tried to get him to clarify but he acted like it was top-secret as he & his pass whispered back n forth till he answered me. I said I'm a member of MBworld there's a lot of respect for those new SRT8 Challengers especially w/mods, they seemed to get more excited about their project & eluded to you'll be seeing lots on these cars in the coming weeks/months. The only tuning Co. he dropped was Horsepower something (can't remember), I asked where I could find 'em on the web he said look in the Mopar forums...We introduced ourselves his name was Secil or Cecil (SP?) & pass left anonymous due to his line of work lol...

Really cool down to earth enthusiasts, damn if I would've only knew this was going down I'd of ran some Torco! the results would've been much much uglier

I left 1st out of the gas station just broiling the tires I'm certain they were loving it!

So kool to run like-minded enthusiasts the CHP in pass seat was just gravy! very kool night!! I guess anyone here frequent the Mopar forums might know this Cecil/Seasal/Secil guy? please link him my post

Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Originally Posted by CWW
Ricker...your car is definitely sweet.

But in my opinion it's missing ONE minor thing. With that blacked out tint, the black paint, and the red brakes, your car is absolutely crying out (nah...more like throwing a tantrum!) for those thin red circle lines around the lips of the rims. That would REALLY set it off nicely...

+2
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Thericker
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Sean, you get all the fun.... come down to Irvine- lets run
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
thanks for sharing !!!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Out Of Control!

Awsome Sean!

You could prolly out bench that guy too. lol
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM

CTS-V
Cool story. There are already some fast SRT8's out there
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by CWW
Something like this...

but maybe with a little thicker red line. You don't have to change rims, you can just have your lips painted. The car is just crying for it, though.
+100000

Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
AWESOME story dude.

I love the Challenger. I test drove an SRT8 at the local dealership and its pretty nice. I love the way the Hemi sounds.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Good story man! , Can't mess with the V12!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Ricker:

nice story...glad to see the CHP dude was cool too.

Tom
Old 02-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
Nice story! Love the SRT8's!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Thanks for sharing
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Great write up Sean. I cant wait to run with you and MJ again. We should at least meet up for coffee or something. I should be meeting up with MJ soon, he needs to pick up a shirt I made his little cousin. I'll let you know.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Great write up Sean. I cant wait to run with you and MJ again. We should at least meet up for coffee or something. I should be meeting up with MJ soon, he needs to pick up a shirt I made his little cousin. I'll let you know.
Deff Danny...Yeah I'm down w/meet on wknds work is really busy for me right now....That includes Vic in Shamu or that delicious P-car

Thanks to the rest of you guys, I was sooo excited after this run I had to post this marathon thread, sorry that it wasn't E55 related but you guys are family now regardless of which Merc platform you're running..

The Paint scheme is still in progress (thanks for suggestions) the local bodyshop I always use is busy w/repairs my car is next in line, I may just snap & throw the red-pinline into the mix
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM

The srt jeeps are fun, vortech just put out a blower kit for the jeep. The first guy with just the blower kit just ran a 11.54 in the 1/4. Not bad for a 4700lb grocery hauler.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by Thericker
I may just snap & throw the red-pinline into the mix
Definitely do it. Your car will look AMAZING with the red pinlines.

Also, FWIW, the R230 looks real nice blacked out. Yours is the only one I've seen done up like that, and it looks really good.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Hilarious story.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Hilarious story.
Yo bud glad you liked it, I was dying to call 1 of my friends to tell them what just went down but it was too late, NEVER too late for MBW tho

Any word on your 600/65 tuning progress? last I heard you guys were poised for launching OBDII port lap/tuner

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great Challenger SRT8 story just happened tonite @ about 10:30pm!!