W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
ecu flash

I must state that I don't much about ecu tuning nor do I have one on my car.

I did speak to a tuner Singh Autosport that has done programming and tunning for other companies. He is pretty well known. He stated that all these files come from a whiz kid from europe once the ecu is cracked. The software is then sold, its up to the individual tuners that buy the software to change and modify the software

I am not pointing fingers at powerchip or MHP but this might of happen due to the fact that they bought the same software and never modified the orginal tune.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Which begs the question, how the hell did a Powerchip tune end up on my ECU? A) Either never erased by MHP B) was put back on by MHP C) ??? Is there any other logical answers????

I have little to no knowledge of what is envolved in the ECU "flashjing" process, if that is even the correct term, could there be any other reason there is a Powerchip tune on my ECU?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
There is some truth to the above. A lot of files come from Germany. Some are done here in the states.

Like I have said to others, everyone looks at everybody's work and no one holds a competitive advantage for long.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TMC M5
"Owner of a large law firm"??? Kind of an odd way to represent yourself... usually someone in that position would say "I am the managing partner of a large law firm which I founded (co-founded)". It kind of makes me question the credibilty of your statements. Although I do not believe in anti-SLAPP suits or threats... with that said.... sue me if you don't like what I just wrote..

Tom
He probably stated that so more people will understand what his title/ownership is. I too thought it was odd at first. But how many people will know what a Managing Partner is? Not to undermine anyone's intelligence here.....so please do not take offense.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by dodger63
Jr I'm more then certain that you were not reffering to me with that penisless lady comment?
Considering you did not PM or call me in the past two days on this subject it would be safe to assume I am not speaking about you, I think I made it clear who I was talking about.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Jrcart,

Do you remember when I posted this awhile ago..

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicee63
My apologies. I do see MACHC5's car was recently tuned by MHP

Please note the fastest stock pass still belongs to an E63(Oldgixxer)

Josh,

I'll be retesting my stock ECU vs. an MHP ECU in an attempt to come to an objective conclusion of the MHP ECU's performance and value differences.

My reason for doing this is, I'm not sure any performance comparison has been done on the same vehicle, same day, at same location.

God knows, there has been way... too much bench racing with adjustment formulas about Air Temps, Track Prep and icing motors for 30 mins between runs...

And as the ET/MPH on these cars change from track to track and day to day and Until "back to back" testing is done, I'm holding no opinion on the MHP ECU's having value.

MachC5
Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by jrcart
Only when people decide to speak out. As many of you know I am not affraid to speak my mind, I am not politically correct, I don't go with the flow...I pretty much don't care what anybody thinks about me, I never back down to anyone or anything and last but not least NOBODY WILL EVER CALL ME OUT, oh, they have tried, but never succeeded I post open and honest facts and feelings regardless of popular opinion.
So post the names of the people who are scared to come out
Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Jrcart,

Do you remember when I posted this awhile ago..

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicee63
My apologies. I do see MACHC5's car was recently tuned by MHP

Please note the fastest stock pass still belongs to an E63(Oldgixxer)

Josh,

I'll be retesting my stock ECU vs. an MHP ECU in an attempt to come to an objective conclusion of the MHP ECU's performance and value differences.

My reason for doing this is, I'm not sure any performance comparison has been done on the same vehicle, same day, at same location.

God knows, there has been way... too much bench racing with adjustment formulas about Air Temps, Track Prep and icing motors for 30 mins between runs...

And as the ET/MPH on these cars change from track to track and day to day and Until "back to back" testing is done, I'm holding no opinion on the MHP ECU's having value.

MachC5
Yes, I remember it well, I believe it was in a responce to me asking about your e/t's and if your car was stock or tuned, am I correct?

....so what was your result of your dyno testing and your own investigation?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gondon
So post the names of the people who are scared to come out
NO, never...people confided in me, I might be an a$$hole, but even I will not stoop to those levels. I am opinionated and loud mouthed at times, but I do have morals and I can be trusted to keep my word believe it or not.

They can come out on their own, when they feel the time is right. I'm not sure what they fear, but I assume they have their reasons.

Looking for a new toy.
Originally Posted by RBrenton
This is a train wreck of customer communication. On a forum? Calling names on various other forums? Seriously?

I don't know who is right in this, but from a consumer standpoint, I would run away from all of you.

Yup, I agree 100%, and the only concrete thing I've determined from this whole mess.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
"Ask Rock....PM Rock"

Anytime I asked Andy about his tune/tcu---I was told to ask Rock.

So Rock.....what boat are you in--in all this stuff?? Did the 'improvents" you felt placebo effect or real differances?

still having that 1-2 shift slowness??
Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
As an attorney and owner of a large law firm, I can tell you that a suit for libel based on anything posted here on these boards is nearly baseless. Most libel suits are. The amount of money required upfront for someone to pursue this route for any compensation would be substantial. I don't know of any attorney that would take a case like this on contingency. Good luck. I guess it sounds good to spew out threats of a lawsuit. It is blatantly obvious the person threatening suit has no experience with such litigation. How do you think clowns like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh stay on the air? Howard Stern? C'mon people let's get real. Nothing will come of anyone's threats to sue for libel here. Period.
FINALLY!!! Thank god somebody finally said it. If i read one more thing ab lawyer this lawyer that - Im gonna sue - ITS SO GAY!!! GAY! GAY! GAY!
No one is suing anyone and i laugh everytime i read it.
Please - I would love to see you walk into a law firm - "Umm Hi Im JT55
The Rock has hurt my feelings on MB World he used harsh letters and had very very threatening capital letters in his post" "Well looks like you have a good case here JT Ill take the case! I see millions here i am so sure we will make millions im just gonna take 5% and no money upfront"
Thats why i dont post anymore - Im so afraid of getting sued that i make up fake names and post under them. (Wasn't me - I was framed - Hold on - I think i have a case here) gotta run time to call the lawyer.

On a side note I dont know whos telling the truth so i went to Borders and i bought - ECU TUNING FOR DUMMIES. Stay tuned! get it tuned?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Coles notes version

Jcart orders tune from MhP

Jcart adds tune as well as several other parts

Car feels faster---but with to many changes to attribute the change in power directly to one thing--Jcart assumes a 25hp improvement from the tune.

Meanwhile--elsewhere--Evosport/powerchips tune BS as well---their tune has a glitch in it. The glitch manifests itself in a cel being thrown and the following series of
codes being displayed upon STAR diagnostics....

t7820149h11
u81832000wq
jqw99992 **these are made up & just for referance
qw8u231487
1nw9-1000

Every BS with the Evosport/PC tune displays the same series of codes.

Jcart goes to a track day with other BS. His car and a couple others go into limp mode.

Jcart gets one of the PC people to slap STAR diagnostic tool to his car while its on the trailer to clear the Limp mode and read the code........and what codes "HAPPEN" to pop up??

t7820149h11
u81832000wq
jqw99992 **exact same as above.
qw8u231487
1nw9-1000

PC guys are pretty pissed.

Jcart is pretty pissed.

Jcart keeps it quiet---tries to resolve it directly with Andy

Miliken drops bomb.

Andy goes on the offensive against Jcart in another forum

and here we are...

people adjust as necessary
Old 02-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BG Tuning
Okay again alot of missinformation and out right untruths, I do the tuning for MHP, We do not need or do we use or resell powerchips/LET/Rentech/Kleemen/Evosport/ Etc... files or tunes, we have 100% access to the ecu not 70% or 80% like others, I think it is a injustace for other companies to ask for our tunes so they can look at them. I don't need or care to see other tuner stuff, I trust my own tuning ability. If a customer has an issue with our tunes they can send it back and I will retune or adjust,,The fact is we have tuned multiple vehicles with excellent results, both in engine performance and transmission shifting performance. With posted so everyone can see dyno results/track times/and pure out driveability. We have even tuned vehicles with other vendors prevoius tunes and have had them do unbias a/b comparisions. We have had no problem calling out other tuners for a shoot out, which we have multiple times in the past and nobody showed up to disput our results. We have had nothing to hide and Andy has been more than fair showing our results and improvments as we have progressed and made updates. If we made a misstake we are human and will fix. If by chance a ECU did not get tuned it wasn't done on purpose and again I have no problem making it right. It is a said issue that if by chance a ECU went out undone that people and or other vendors right away want to say we are frauds or selling other vendors stuff, all you vendors or socalled experts should be ashamed for allowing this mess to get to the point is it at. That is a complete untruth and outright slander. I have been tuning vehicles for over 20 years and have tuned probly every package avalible, Hell they said on the Lexus forum that I could not tune a new ISF so I tuned it for them, or that I could not tune a Toyota truck so I tuned it for them also. I don't have the time or space to be pulled into this mess. Again We have had nothing to hide and will continue to keep on showing our results.
Good points all!

I guess the other tuners can flame back. Now who is ready for round three or is it five.

-Troy
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by JT55
Please - I would love to see you walk into a law firm - "Umm Hi Im JT55
The Rock has hurt my feelings on MB World he used harsh letters and had very very threatening capital letters in his post" "Well looks like you have a good case here JT Ill take the case! I see millions here i am so sure we will make millions im just gonna take 5% and no money upfront"
you made me spit out my coffee...
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rberga1
you made me spit out my coffee...
That $#!T is pretty dam funny.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by RBrenton
This is a train wreck of customer communication. On a forum? Calling names on various other forums? Seriously?

I don't know who is right in this, but from a consumer standpoint, I would run away from all of you.
Exactly. To the ones that were interested in getting a tune, I think it pretty much killed that idea. At least from tuners on MBWorld anyway. There seems to be many other sponsors here as well that have been "exposed to the light" as of late and won't be getting any business from me. I was considering doing the ECU and possibly the headers but oh well. Kleeman may be the better option. The rims fiasco's have me rethinking that as well.

I read the other forums, and it was absolutely shameful behavior and language from supposedly grown business men.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Gremlin
Boy Evo/Powerchip this really blew up in your face!

Even with Brad on here managing/steering the thread it still derailed on you guys. Well, if members are not going to buy from MHP they sure as hell are not buying from you now either. And oh poor Jrturncoat who hitches his caboose to Evo/Powerchip putting all of his confidence in what they have to say LMAO Is that sound of a toilet I hear??? Why YES, it's someone's credibility going down the drain. Nice work guys!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Oh now this is guna get goooood. Just bought two extra microwaves for all this popcorn...

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
Coles notes version

Jcart orders tune from MhP

Jcart adds tune as well as several other parts

Car feels faster---but with to many changes to attribute the change in power directly to one thing--Jcart assumes a 25hp improvement from the tune.

Meanwhile--elsewhere--Evosport/powerchips tune BS as well---their tune has a glitch in it. The glitch manifests itself in a cel being thrown and the following series of
codes being displayed upon STAR diagnostics....

t7820149h11
u81832000wq
jqw99992 **these are made up & just for referance
qw8u231487
1nw9-1000

Every BS with the Evosport/PC tune displays the same series of codes.

Jcart goes to a track day with other BS. His car and a couple others go into limp mode.

Jcart gets one of the PC people to slap STAR diagnostic tool to his car while its on the trailer to clear the Limp mode and read the code........and what codes "HAPPEN" to pop up??

t7820149h11
u81832000wq
jqw99992 **exact same as above.
qw8u231487
1nw9-1000

PC guys are pretty pissed.

Jcart is pretty pissed.

Jcart keeps it quiet---tries to resolve it directly with Andy

Miliken drops bomb.

Andy goes on the offensive against Jcart in another forum

and here we are...

people adjust as necessary
There were three Black Series at Willow on Jan. 15th. Mine was one of them. My ECU is bone stock. Jrcart thought he was running the MHP v3 tune and the third Black Series was running PC tune from Evosport.
Both of the other Black Series threw the SAME CODES EXCLUSIVE to POWERCHIP. My car had no problems at all and I witnessed the codes being thrown by the other cars first hand.
Now, I'm not going to speculate as to how Jims car had a PC tune on it - but, clearly it did. I also mentioned in a past thread while was driving JRcarts car that I did not notice any sort of throttle blip on downshifts and this was apparently a big selling point in the MHP TCU tune.

What has transpired here and on the other sites has been not only childish, but also has most likely delivered a major setback to the tuning industry as anyone reading this will be all the more hesitant to have their vehicle tuned. It's sad and should have been handled in private. Tim calling Andy out is a different story and I will get to that. But, I understand why Jim has posted...Andy's version of what he believes to be the truth that was posted on the other site gave Jim no other choice but to defend himself here. As to why Andy cannot post here...he is on (yet another) suspension. I think that if Andy would have behaved differently here from his first post he would be here now defending himself. But alas, he is not and only has himself to blame. Personally, I like Andy. I liked reading his posts and nobody can say that he didn't back up what he said. He stood his ground and I respect that.

What I don't respect is openly marketing one thing and selling something quite different. It appears that is what has happened with the MHP "TCU Tune". I think if Andy would have been more up front about exactly how MHP achieved TCU changes by altering ECU management, none of this would have been necessary and this "Tim" guy would never have raised his head. As many of you know, I've been involved in ongoing private discussions with AMG regarding making the C63 throttle blip available to us Black Series owners. During those discussions I have learned (not too long ago) that the blip is controlled by the ECU and not the TCU. This is the reason my ECU remains stock....

Now, let’s step back for a second and look at the chain of events posted above because they are quite accurate. All of Jim’s previous posts detailing his thoughts of the previous MHP tunes (v1 and v2) were PRE v3 if I am not mistaken. It was ONLY when Jim received the v3 tuning that problems started at Willow. The v3 tune was installed on his car, it was taken to Willow, where it then exhibited characteristics unique to PC tuning. The only thing I can think is that perhaps Dave or Andy flashed an older PC tune back into Jim’s car inadvertently thinking it was their newest v3. Seems odd, but they have had issues in the past with other members tunes not taking and the ECU tune reverting back to the previous installed…ie Renntech….Then what is even more puzzling is the fact that Jim’s MHP NOS tuned ECU was in fact a tune that was confirmed to be propitiatory to MHP. So that begs the question….Why would MHP try to dupe Jim with a PC tune and call it their v3 when they in fact DID provide their own NOS tuned ECU ??? It just doesn’t make sense. Andy has gone to great lengths to provide us with hard facts and data to prove their tuning ability and I don’t doubt that they CAN tune with good results. However, one common complaint about MHP throughout this all has been that they made claims before actually providing results. In short, they seemed to come off as not having all their ducks in a row. Perhaps this is simply what happened with Jims ECU. Dave’s post acknowledges that they have made mistakes and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy if given the chance. I hope that this is just a case of them making a mistake but it makes me very apprehensive about mail order tuning and not being able to have the car at the tuners shop. Anyway….those are my thoughts. I think this all stinks to high heaven and hope those involved can work it out in an amicable fashion.

EDIT -
I notice different individuals who clearly work for Powerchip who are constantly viewing this thread, who have been members for quite a while yet have ZERO posts. My message to you is the following. Times have changed. It's time to come out from behind your keyboards and show your interest and in involvement in the community. Especially NOW with everything that has been said. Sitting by and watching this trainwreck, while your company is in the middle of it, stinks. At least give us the facts as you know them to be and let us make a decision.

Last edited by LZH; 02-11-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
There were three Black Series at Willow on Jan. 15th. Mine was one of them. My ECU is bone stock. Jrcart thought he was running the MHP v3 tune and the third Black Series was running PC tune from Evosport.
Both of the other Black Series threw the SAME CODES EXCLUSIVE to POWERCHIP. My car had no problems at all and I witnessed the codes being thrown by the other cars first hand.
Now, I'm not going to speculate as to how Jims car had a PC tune on it - but, clearly it did. I also mentioned in a past thread while was driving JRcarts car that I did not notice any sort of throttle blip on downshifts and this was apparently a big selling point in the MHP TCU tune.

What has transpired here and on the other sites has been not only childish, but also has most likely delivered a major setback to the tuning industry as anyone reading this will be all the more hesitant to have their vehicle tuned. It's sad and should have been handled in private. Tim calling Andy out is a different story and I will get to that. But, I understand why Jim has posted...Andy's version of what he believes to be the truth that was posted on the other site gave Jim no other choice but to defend himself here. As to why Andy cannot post here...he is on (yet another) suspension. I think that if Andy would have behaved differently here from his first post he would be here now defending himself. But alas, he is not and only has himself to blame. Personally, I like Andy. I liked reading his posts and nobody can say that he didn't back up what he said. He stood his ground and I respect that.

What I don't respect is openly marketing one thing and selling something quite different. It appears that is what has happened with the MHP "TCU Tune". I think if Andy would have been more up front about exactly how MHP achieved TCU changes by altering ECU management, none of this would have been necessary and this "Tim" guy would never have raised his head. As many of you know, I've been involved in ongoing private discussions with AMG regarding making the C63 throttle blip available to us Black Series owners. During those discussions I have learned (not too long ago) that the blip is controlled by the ECU and not the TCU. This is the reason my ECU remains stock....

Now, let’s step back for a second and look at the chain of events posted above because they are quite accurate. All of Jim’s previous posts detailing his thoughts of the previous MHP tunes (v1 and v2) were PRE v3 if I am not mistaken. It was ONLY when Jim received the v3 tuning that problems started at Willow. The v3 tune was installed on his car, it was taken to Willow, where it then exhibited characteristics unique to PC tuning. The only thing I can think is that perhaps Dave or Andy flashed an older PC tune back into Jim’s car inadvertently thinking it was their newest v3. Seems odd, but they have had issues in the past with other members tunes not taking and the ECU tune reverting back to the previous installed…ie Renntech….Then what is even more puzzling is the fact that Jim’s MHP NOS tuned ECU was in fact a tune that was confirmed to be propitiatory to MHP. So that begs the question….Why would MHP try to dupe Jim with a PC tune and call it their v3 when they in fact DID provide their own NOS tuned ECU ??? It just doesn’t make sense. Andy has gone to great lengths to provide us with hard facts and data to prove their tuning ability and I don’t doubt that they CAN tune with good results. However, one common complaint about MHP throughout this all has been that they made claims before actually providing results. In short, they seemed to come off as not having all their ducks in a row. Perhaps this is simply what happened with Jims ECU. Dave’s post acknowledges that they have made mistakes and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy if given the chance. I hope that this is just a case of them making a mistake but it makes me very apprehensive about mail order tuning and not being able to have the car at the tuners shop. Anyway….those are my thoughts. I think this all stinks to high heaven and hope those involved can work it out in an amicable fashion.

EDIT -
I notice different individuals who clearly work for Powerchip who are constantly viewing this thread, who have been members for quite a while yet have ZERO posts. My message to you is the following. Times have changed. It's time to come out from behind your keyboards and show your interest and in involvement in the community. Especially NOW with everything that has been said. Sitting by and watching this trainwreck, while your company is in the middle of it, stinks. At least give us the facts as you know them to be and let us make a decision.
Thanks for your input. I think it was very informative and unbiased.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Just the facts, Jack....just the facts.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Thanks for your input. I think it was very informative and unbiased.
+1

Excellent post from LZH

LZH, thank you for sharing your comprehensive thoughts and info.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by CL#1
Boy Evo/Powerchip this really blew up in your face!
How? Don't you mean MHP? I would buy from either of them in a second, but never MHP.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
How? Don't you mean MHP? I would buy from either of them in a second, but never MHP.
I think CL was referring to the numerous posts popping up claiming to not wish to do business with ANY vendor on MBW (which, presumably would include evo/PC)
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
YOu won't have to, Im on Chapter 6 - its called "Tuning The ECu /TCU with household items" It wont be long now - Honey plug this end into the microwave now get me some 30 weight ball bearings and some gauze pads.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story