W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story

I figure since Andy has choosen to open up a can of worms by attempting to deflect the truth on another forum by posting mis-information about the situation, I feel it my duty to post up some facts.

Andy claims Evopsort and Powerchip stole his tune from my ECU and then replaced it with one of their Powechip tunes. Let me explain why that is not only far fetched, but 100% impossible.

Powechip did not have access to my car until after the Willow Springs track event last month. However while I was running at Willow an intersing chain of events played out. While lapping at Willow my car went into limp mode several times, as did another MB World member who I will not involve at this time. When we plugged my car in to read the codes they were the exact same sequence of codes that popped in the other Black Series on the track. This raised a HUGE red flag ithe eyes of the Evosport empoyess and engineers that were present. Why such a HUGE red flag you ask? appearently Powerchip had recently discovered an error/glitch with their 63 Black Series ECU tunes which was causeing the limp mode and this very specific sequence of codes to pop. The big question was how was Jim's/JRCART'S MHP tune popping the same codes????

After the event I was confronted with this puzzling question and was asked if they could peer into the issue a little deeper, at first I declined but after some additional evidence was presented to me I agreed. Upon Powerchip looking at my ECU you could imaginge their suprise and mine when they discoverd that the tune currently in my car was a 100% version of the tune that Powerchip put in my car nearly 12 months previous...it was identical right down to the error/glitch they programmed into about a half dozen Black Series (which has since been addressed and corrected I am told). There is no way Powerchip stole anything or flashed anything on my ECU, my car was in a trailer between Dallas and SoCal unloaded from the trailer by me and always in my possesion and sight at Willow. Andy's theory is far fetched and impossible.

Now I was starting to wonder about my NOS ECU which I invested in for performance reasons but also for safety reasons, I wanted a safer ECU for when blowing NOS through my motor. Andy sold me an NOS ECU and told me he made changes to timing, throttle opening and raised the RPM and shift points. I instructed Powerchip to verify what was done to the second ECU. This time their finding were a little different, yet suprising and bad. This did appear to be a unique MHP tune however there were no changes to timing at WOT and the shift points and RPM's were all bone stock setting. There were some changes made to the timing at part throttle but everyone knows most NOS system only operate at WOT.

Fast forward to a couple days ago when the now imfamous Tim Milliken posts arose. I have recieved at least a dozen PM's, text messages, e-mails or phone calls from concerned or irate MHP customers. I heard horror stories about transmissions not shifting, about cars not running and about ECU's that are MIA since early Decmeber. All of these PM's and/or phone conversations had one common theme, all of them were affraid to voice their feeling and experiences because Andy has put the fear of god in them about lawsuits for libel, slander and defamation. I URGE ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE CONTACTED ME TO TELL YOUR STORY TO OTHERS, THIS IS A OBVIOUS PATTERN, I HAVE A TEAM OF ATTORNEYS ON RETAINER AND HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM. THERE IS NOTHING ANDY CAN LEGALLY DO IF YOU ARE STATING FACTUAL TRUTHS, THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT TELLING THE TRUTH. PLEASE, I URGE YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET YOUR STORIES BE HEARD BY OTHERS.

Please feel free to post in this thread or create your own thread on this topic. I have plenty of facts and evidence to support my statements.

Last edited by jrcart; 02-11-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribing.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
You now have my full attention. Can I get a summary? Did Andy steal the Powerchip tune?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by jrcart
...I heard horror stories about transmissions not shifting, about cars not running and about ECU's that are MIA since early Decmeber. All of these PM's and/or phonce conversations had one common theme, all of them were affraid to voice there feeling and experiences because Andy has put the fear of god i them about lawsuits for libel, slander and defamation...
this is part of what i've been saying for how long now??? and all i got for it was a cyber black eye. regardless, i knew it would only be a matter of time.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
this is part of what i've been saying for how long now??? and all i got for it was a cyber black eye. regardless, i knew it would only be a matter of time.
I guess I was one of the fortunate ones. Nothing broke or went MIA.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM

I figure since Andy has choosen to open up a can of worms by attempting to deflect the truth on another forum by posting mis-information about the situation, I feel it my duty to post up some facts.

Andy claims Evopsort and Powerchip stole his tune from my ECU and then replaced it with one of their Powechip tunes. Let me explain why that is not only far fetched, but 100% impossible.

Powechip did not have access to my car until after the Willow Springs track event last month. However while I was running at Willow an intersing chain of events played out. While lapping at Willow my car went into limp mode several times, as did another MB World member who I will not involve at this time. When we plugged my car in to read the codes they were the exact same sequence of codes that popped in the other Black Series on the track. This raised a HUGE red flag ithe eyes of the Evosport empoyess and engineers that were present. Why such a HUGE red flag you ask? appearently Powerchip had recently discovered an error/glitch with their 63 Black Series ECU tunes which was causeing the limp mode and this very specific sequence of codes to pop. The big question was how was Jim's/JRCART'S MHP tune popping the same codes????

After the event I was confronted with this puzzling question and was asked if they could peer into the issue a little deeper, at first I declined but after some additional evidence was presented to me I agreed. Upon Powerchip looking at my ECU you could imaginge their suprise and mine when they discoverd that the tune currently in my car was a 100% version of the tune that Powerchip put in my car nearly 12 months previous...it was identical right down to the error/glitch they programmed into about a half dozen Black Series (which has since been addressed and corrected I am told). There is no way Powerchip stole anything or flashed anything on my ECU, my car was in a trailer between Dallas and SoCal unloaded from the trailer by me and always in my possesion and sight at Willow. Andy's theory is far fetched and impossible.

Now I was starting to wonder about my NOS ECU which I invested in for performance reasons but also for safety reasons, I wanted a safer ECU for when blowing NOS through my motor. Andy sold me an NOS ECU and told me he made changes to timing, throttle opening and raised the RPM and shift points. I instructed Powerchip to verify what was done to the second ECU. This time their finding were a little different, yet suprising and bad. This did appear to be a unique MHP tune however there were no changes to tiing at WOT and the shift points and RPM's were all bone stock setting. THere were some changes made to the timing at part throttle but everyone knows most NOS system only operate at WOT.

Fast forward to a couple days ago when the now iimfamous Tim Milliken post arose. I have recieved at least a dozen PM's, test messages, e-mails or phone calls from concerned or irate MHP customers. I heard horror stories about transmissions not shifting, about cars not running and about ECU's that are MIA since early Decmeber. All of these PM's and/or phonce conversations had one common theme, all of them were affraid to voice there feeling and experiences because Andy has put the fear of god i them about lawsuits for libel, slander and defamation. I URGE ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE CONTACTED ME TO TELL YOUR STORY, THIS IS A PATTERN, I HAVE A TEAM OF ATTORNEYS ON RETAINER AND HAVE SPOKEN WITH THEM. THERE IS NOTHING ANDY CAN LEGALLY DO IF YOU ARE STATING FACTUAL TRUTHS, THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT TELLING THE TRUTH. PLEASE, I URGE YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET YOUR STORIES BE HEARD BY OTHER.

Please feel free to post in this thread or create your own thread on this topic. I have plenty of facts and evidence to support my statements.
Jim,
I understand how you must feel, especially if your car was put at risk unknowingly, however, how can you explain these quotes:

Well guys, I really wish you all had a chance to experience this first hand. Although I had high expectations for my MHP tune, I did not think that there would be such a noticable difference. I figured I would just go to the track and gain an extra 1/10th due to slightly faster shifts. I had no idea the gains would be a noticable as they are, it honestly feels like a different car. I know I had Andy go to the extreme on the shift points and firmness, I'm not sure I would go this extreme in an everyday driver luxo cruiser like a E63 or S63, the shifts would probably get annoying to passangers. The shifts are still smooth, at speed but in stop and go type city traffic 1st to 2nd gear shifts are abrupt and sudden even causing the tires to chirp once in a while depending on throttle position.
Brad is probably going to kill me but I have had both tunes in my car (Powerchip version 1) and there is/was no comparison. I have plenty of facts and evidence to support my statements.
My experiences coupled with those of a couple other recent Powerchip tunes that were not what was advertised leads me to believe Powerchip is chasing their tails with the 63 tune. I highly doubt Powerchip would knowingly enter their tune in a head to head comparison against the MHP tune, like I said I made an offer to the president of Powerchip and he did not accept my offer.
As you know I don't care for Andy, and I have no axe to grind with you. I honestly respect what you've done with your car, but you have to realize that you have a ton of pull with the members of this forum on what direction they go with their modifications. I just don't understand how you can claim in so many posts how "different" and "superior" MHP's tune was over Powerchips, and now claim they were exactly the same??????????
Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
I did the same thing as JIm. when you get your new tune your so excited that you convince yourself its better for a while until you drive the car more and more only to figure out tht its underperforming or not the same as it was.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thank you for providing the details that were missing in your previous post.

I'm still confused about all of your previous posts regarding power gains and better shifting when you switched to the MHP tune. What about your track and dyno results?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
I did the same thing as JIm. when you get your new tune your so excited that you convince yourself its better for a while until you drive the car more and more only to figure out tht its underperforming or not the same as it was.
Placebo? This is getting very interesting. I thought Jim did a dyno after the MHP tune? And to charge more?

Last edited by Sincity; 02-11-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM

2012 JDM
If I remember correctly ChicagoX questioned Andy about stealing (or attempting to steal) Powerchip's tune a while back. Andy replied by saying the Powerchip tunes are very inferior to his, I'll search for that now....
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Gremlin
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
Oh come on this isn't about driving impressions, he said he had FACTS to support his feelings... Quote: "I have plenty of facts and evidence to support my statements." Now which is it, did he have facts or didn't he??? And now I am suppose to believe the new facts???

Everyone's "scared" to come forward??? This isn't John Gotti we are talking about. And in the real world the ever standing threat of a law suit hasn't kept customers from complaining about service before, so why is this any different??? We are talking about educated adults here with real world experience. Where are all of the complaints??? I don't see them on the SRT8 forum, I don't see them on the Advanced forum, the lexus forum... It's really hard to believe that MHP is keeping everyone silent.

Show me the money, that's all I ask. This he said, she said stuff is getting old.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by indyjoe
Jim,
I understand how you must feel, especially if your car was put at risk unknowingly, however, how can you explain these quotes:

As you know I don't care for Andy, and I have no axe to grind with you. I honestly respect what you've done with your car, but you have to realize that you have a ton of pull with the members of this forum on what direction they go with their modifications. I just don't understand how you can claim in so many posts how "different" and "superior" MHP's tune was over Powerchips, and now claim they were exactly the same??????????

Good question. Let me explain. In mid to late December a few weeks before the Famoso event I was contacted by Andy and he told me about a new V3 tune he had available and he wanted me to ship him (actually to Dave Kasper) my ECU. I agreed and at the same time I requested that he take a look at my NOS ECU just to make sure everything was OK, this was about the time there was alot of talk on the boards about " his tunes not taking" so I wanted insurance that my NOS tune "took" because I was planning on shooting a little more NOS through my motor in at the upcoming Famoso event.

I am not sure what happend when I shipped my ECU, not sure if he erased it and returned it to my old tune becuase he knew my car was going to Evosport to get work done. When I recieved the early tune I was indeed happy with the results. As for the dyno numbers Andy boasted about, those number s are skewwed. I never had an apples to apples baseline on the same dyno with the same equpment so I choose not to post any additional dyno numbers becuase I could not accurately say what gains the tune gave me over the airbox and pulley thay had been put on the car in the mean time. Plus there were no Dymags on the car, my previous dyno run was doen with Dymags and this would further skew the results.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM

2012 JDM
Found it....

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
You mean his Powerchip ECU?

You wouldn't be contemplating a little IP theft, would you?
...and Andy's reply....

Originally Posted by MHP
Excuse me?

LOL, we don't even bother to read powerchips tunes anymore, they are simply archaic. We just wipe them clean.
Oh the irony...

Last edited by J 2OOI; 02-11-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I'm wearing out my "refresh" button my laptop.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Good question. Let me explain. In mid to late December a few weeks before the Famoso event I was contacted by Andy and he told me about a new V3 tune he had available and he wanted me to ship him (actually to Dave Kasper) my ECU. I agreed and at the same time I requested that he take a look at my NOS ECU just to make sure everything was OK, this was about the time there was alot of talk on the boards about " his tunes not taking" so I wanted insurance that my NOS tune "took" because I was planning on shooting a little more NOS through my motor in at the upcoming Famoso event.

I am not sure what happend when I shipped my ECU, not sure if he erased it and returned it to my old tune becuase he knew my car was going to Evosport to get work done. When I recieved the early tune I was indeed happy with the results. As for the dyno numbers Andy boasted about, those number s are skewwed. I never had an apples to apples baseline on the same dyno with the same equpment so I choose not to post any additional dyno numbers becuase I could not accurately say what gains the tune gave me over the airbox and pulley thay had been put on the car in the mean time. Plus there were no Dymags on the car, my previous dyno run was doen with Dymags and this would further skew the results.
So, you're saying he removed the original MHP tune, and then replaced it with an old Powerchip tune?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Placebo? This is getting very interesting. I thought Jim did a dyno after the MHP tune? The checksums are identical?
As I just stated in another post, I did not have accurate dyno numbers. I never posted any dyno sheets because there were too many variables pertaining to my constantly evolving car. If I had only added a new ECU it would be easy, but because I added other things such as a pulley, an airbox, different filters, lighter rear rotors and did not have access to my Dymags I choose not to post my numbers for fear of being flamed by nay sayers here that would instantly bring up all of those mods and not having a baseling to compare to. My HP gains were estimates I came up with by guesssing what each of the other mods gave me minus 25 hp for the Dymags

I hope this makes things more clear...I never posted up any dyno sheets with MHP tune numbers, only guestimates.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 PM

bike
wow....DRAMABOMB
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
one thing i learned the hard way is that if u pick one ECU tuner that's pretty good, then u stick with it...
Old 02-11-2009, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ50
one thing i learned the hard way is that if u pick one ECU tuner that's pretty good, then u stick with it...

Jim has a quest for the most powerful BS.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CL#1
Oh come on this isn't about driving impressions, he said he had FACTS to support his feelings... Quote: "I have plenty of facts and evidence to support my statements." Now which is it, did he have facts or didn't he??? And now I am suppose to believe the new facts???

Everyone's "scared" to come forward??? This isn't John Gotti we are talking about. And in the real world the ever standing threat of a law suit hasn't kept customers from complaining about service before, so why is this any different??? We are talking about educated adults here with real world experience. Where are all of the complaints??? I don't see them on the SRT8 forum, I don't see them on the Advanced forum, the lexus forum... It's really hard to believe that MHP is keeping everyone silent.

Show me the money, that's all I ask. This he said, she said stuff is getting old.

Please don't try to call me out, why would I make up that over a dozne people have contacted me in under 2.5 days? What would I gain? Hopefully some of these people that contacted me will come forward. I have PM's and E-mails from several of them, but out of respect for their privacy I will not post the e-mails.

I urge you guys to come forward out in the public forum as you have done with me in private conversation, it's the only way to make things right.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Andy cheated Jrcart????

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
You now have my full attention. Can I get a summary? Did Andy steal the Powerchip tune?
Glad to see you CH, Think this thread will get a post count over 1000 by Friday?
I think we will see more action on the C63 form but who knows

Hey Rock who can ghost post for Andy?
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Jim has a quest for the most powerful BS.
i can see that...

Gremlin
Yes, that does make things very clear... You claimed you had "facts" to support your statements and you didn't. I wonder how your latest statement of "facts" are going to hold water.... Can't wait!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CL#1
Yes, that does make things very clear... You claimed you had "facts" to support your statements and you didn't. I wonder how your latest statement of "facts" are going to hold water.... Can't wait!
hmmmm......I wonder who this is? I have all the facts I need. I made all parties envolved produce and show me irrefutable evidence concering my ECU and this entire cituation before I would make any accusations against Andy/MHP either in public or private. I spoke with Andy in private about this issue on many occasions over the past couple weeks. Andy is the one that choose to open this particular can of worms by posting mis-information on another, so I suggest YOU get your facts straight before making any accuastions about or towards me. I have a mountain of evidence as well as a rock soldi time-line of the events and the way they unfolded, I have been told by Powerchip that the evidence they presented to me is rock solid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story