W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay with all the drama who's left to tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
LET dyno tune here.

If you just want to get tuned for nice dyno numbers just send me a check for the amount of hp/tq you want and I will send you a nice dyno chart with whatever numbers you please
Old 02-16-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by BENZGal
RT has a few new things. I wasn't trying to put down Vadim. Vadim has always been good to me and perhaps if I would have paid him for my original mods he would have worked long and hard on my tune. To stay on topic I still think PC stinks and is unpredictable as evident in jcarts post.
+1 for everything you said here. RennTech is continually developing new products and refining their tunes. Vadim is as good as it gets, he's one of the nicest, most knowledgeable, and passionate car guys out there.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-16-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Which tuners do we use?

Renntech
Kleeman

Who else?

Is LET legit?

DMS Automotive. The most respected tuning company in the UK. The cover worldwide and very reasonable!!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Vadim is as good as it gets, he's one of the nicest, most knowledgeable, and passionate car guys out there.
+1,000

Anyone who's ever dealt with Vadim will know exactly what Mo is talking about...outstanding customer service with a ton of knowledge.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Bisco
What other mods do you have?
What Jangy said plus 80mm TB.

ASP pulley
Extra IC, separate circuit
TB
LET tune
Old 02-17-2009, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by bassn_07
+1,000

Anyone who's ever dealt with Vadim will know exactly what Mo is talking about...outstanding customer service with a ton of knowledge.
I second all that Vadim takes care of his customers and I've been extremely happy with my VRP upgrades.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
What about Hyevon Motors?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Originally Posted by bassn_07
How about data logging at the track with a A/F ratio sensor, wouldn't that be most ideal?
Not as helpful here but the ME97 cars have VERY GOOD right and left bank lambda data available as well as a lot of other values that can help determine the quality of a tune and health of a car. Things like per cylinder knock and absolute MAF (mass of air pumped through the car) can be very good indicators of engine performance. Load and calculated torque can also help with overall power estimates.

Looking at injector pulse width to determine injector duty cycle (the available amount of time versus the actual time the injector is open during an engine cycle) and fuel pressure can help you identify when you are running out of fuel system capability. Manufactures provide a limited amount of fuel for each application. The size/quantity of injectors and capacity of the fuel pump are two of the largest factors in the amount of horsepower a fuel system will support. There is normally a good bit of head room in the fuel system but it is important to verify that you are not getting close to the limits as you may very well exceed them on a cold day with dense air.

The nice thing about CAN based logging is it consists of nothing more than something (usually a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 3/4 inch dongle) plugged into your OBDii or diagnostics port. Data is recorded then you pull it out and view the data after the hot lap, 1/4 mile run or blast around the streets. Logging on older cars with K-Line is much slower and there tends to be slightly less data available but it can be done. The CAN based cars allow for up to ten samples per second with large data sets where K-Line can support ten samples per second but only at dramatically reduced data sets.

I'm obviously a big fan of data. Whenever I do a programmer for an ecu, I always start with the data logger part. It is my opinion that tuning without data is tuning in the dark and tuning with ECU generated data is tuning with the exact same information that the ECU has when it makes its fueling decisions.

Lastly, I've always been a little uncomfortable using mixture data post cats, especially at part loads. This has driven me to concentrate on pre-cat mixture data which I normally get from the car's ecu. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
plus dyno is only WOT, not daily driving.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
plus dyno is only WOT, not daily driving.
No it's not, you can run the dyno in rolling road mode to work on part throttle. thing is though with Speed Density you don't need to. If you get the WOT maps and the idle maps right your part throttle maps come into line.