Sponsored by:

Ride Height Adjustment Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG E55
Ride Height Adjustment Issue

Have any of you have ride height adjustment issues? Took car in for service and did a -10 degree mod. Shop didn't have time to lower the car vis star but noticed the front right was sitting .57 inches higher than the left.

I took the car to dealer for a minor warranty issue and asked them to fix ride height as well. This is not covered under warranty. They charged me $200 to re calibrate the suspension.

Service crew said it was probably from hitting a pot hole and throwing sensors off?!?!? Anyone else have this issue with their ride height getting all wack?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Onlly after playing with the links, not potholes.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Links are Fully Adjustable. For the E, CLS and Non ABC Sport S Class you can adjust each front corner but the rear only has 1 Link. For every other vehicle there are 2 Links in the rear so you can get the vehicle to sit absolutely perfect!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:22 AM

2005 AMG E55
Originally Posted by John V.
Links are Fully Adjustable. For the E, CLS and Non ABC Sport S Class you can adjust each front corner but the rear only has 1 Link. For every other vehicle there are 2 Links in the rear so you can get the vehicle to sit absolutely perfect!!!
any discount for MBworld members? Just thought I'd ask...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 PM

2010 E63 AMG
How the car responds to the Links

Originally Posted by John V.
Hello John,

I had a question on these links and how the car responds to them.

When the E55 is on Comfort the height will be at the default setting and dampening is not as responsive compared to Sport 1 and 2 setting.

On Sport 1 and 2 settings the ride height lowers and dampening stiffens.

My question is if I lower the car just the way I like in Comfort mode (about 1 inch front and rear):
1. How will the dampening be compared to the DEFAULT before lowering?
2. Will the car lower even more once I reach the higher speed as it would before the links?
3. Will the car lower even more if I set it to Sport 1 and Sport 2 and will it be even stiffer?

Anyone that has answers to my questions feel free to chime in. I'm close to choosing the links as I just want to set it and forget it and not have to spice any wires.

Thanks John.
Josh
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jng204
My question is if I lower the car just the way I like in Comfort mode (about 1 inch front and rear):
1. How will the dampening be compared to the DEFAULT before lowering?
The dampening valve will remain as is, since the car has no clue you did it. But, you will also have compressed the shocks more so it will be slightly stiffer.
2. Will the car lower even more once I reach the higher speed as it would before the links?
Absolutely.
3. Will the car lower even more if I set it to Sport 1 and Sport 2 and will it be even stiffer?
Again, yes.
If you intend to drop and leave alone, then maybe links is for you. Also keep in mind that we have a semi-active setup, which means the car reacts as the car pitches and dives. The car assumes it is at a particular height and so it will react to a particular angle of pitch or dive. Once fooled by links, the car will not tend to pitch and dive as much and so the Airmatic will not compensate adequately for true spirited driving. My car was MUCH flatter in the corners when OEM vs having modified links. The ELM alleviates that issue since it is not "fooling" the car. With the ELM, I can dump it and still stay flat in the turns. Don't confuse flat with handling well, but flat is good in my book.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
When i picked up my car from service a few months back, one side was sitting almost a whole inch higher than the other. After jacking up the car, i noticed that they had bent my front sensor link (normally straight on mine). I straightened it back out, and that took care of it.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 AM

2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
If you intend to drop and leave alone, then maybe links is for you. Also keep in mind that we have a semi-active setup, which means the car reacts as the car pitches and dives. The car assumes it is at a particular height and so it will react to a particular angle of pitch or dive. Once fooled by links, the car will not tend to pitch and dive as much and so the Airmatic will not compensate adequately for true spirited driving. My car was MUCH flatter in the corners when OEM vs having modified links. The ELM alleviates that issue since it is not "fooling" the car. With the ELM, I can dump it and still stay flat in the turns. Don't confuse flat with handling well, but flat is good in my book.
Thanks for the informative response. The ELM may be the way to go even though it cost many times more. You still selling your car? I want the Headers and TB together but know that someone beat me to the TB

Josh
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jng204
Thanks for the informative response. The ELM may be the way to go even though it cost many times more. You still selling your car? I want the Headers and TB together but know that someone beat me to the TB

Josh

I am fighting tooth and nail not to get rid of it but things may be out of my control...