Sponsored by:

Modified AMG mufflers and resonator delete.. Pics inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Hey Storm - I live very close to Bel Air. I'd be happy to come by your place and check it out if you want to prove these guys wrong. But, if not.....then I think we all know the truth regardless.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
If I was this storm guy, I would delete my account and sign up for a new one and call it sunshine. He's pretty much toast now...

Sunshine: Hia guys! I think a muffler guy is a great I idea, I think you guys are great! Hugs all around

lollerskates
Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by The Godfather
vid of the car driving!! inside and out please
Sorry guys, been lagging on the sound clips. My weekend was booked. Did not have time to do any car related stuff. I will get the footage up soon.

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
He's suspended right now.
Not surprised by that outcome.

Originally Posted by LZH
Hey Storm - I live very close to Bel Air. I'd be happy to come by your place and check it out if you want to prove these guys wrong. But, if not.....then I think we all know the truth regardless.
Ohh snap! Let's see those 5 hoopties.

Originally Posted by intellilogic
If I was this storm guy, I would delete my account and sign up for a new one and call it sunshine. He's pretty much toast now...

Sunshine: Hia guys! I think a muffler guy is a great I idea, I think you guys are great! Hugs all around

lollerskates

Quick summary... Storm tried to step inside the THUNDER DOME and . Started acting and wanted to with everyone. Got called out. That alerted a few MBWORLD . Which got him . Now he can be added to the growing list of that have been disposed. Just another day in cyberspace

Last edited by Max.H; 03-16-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by chiromikey
no need to defend it, i've driven an e55 with gutted oem mufflers and it sounds great! in fact, it sounds better than some of the WAY overpriced brand name mufflers being sold for our cars.

honestly if he wanted to go ghetto he would have bought some cheap bullet style resonators and just started cut-n-pasting his exhaust together like you've suggested.

lol
well bullet or High flow resonators just mean they are tube like and narrow and straight through and look like a pipe
the advantage is they dont impede air flow or performance but still are able to tune the sound..and reduce drone, alot
since mine are 304 stainless steel, and are high flow they were anything but cheap, and are really good actually

mine are anything but cheap,, I have Kleemann long tube headers, down to
304 stainless steel racing high flow cats, then electronic butterfly CUTOUTS
then all stainless 304 exhaust with X-pipe
and Stainless steel tube high flow resonators, and custom remus exhaust
as soon as I buy my new HD video camera I will record a clip..

so I would say that is not cheap, and has kick *** sound and

beats a muffler gut, and chopping off the exhaust and straightpiping it
making it sounds like a 1972 nova beater

but to each his own..

Last edited by storm; 03-28-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=The Godfather;3406370]

My old E55

GREAT PICS GODFATHER, thanks.. made me laugh , which is good considering this political and economic climate lol

Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by LZH

well thanks for the offer, LZH maybe I will take you up on it,,
but to be honest I know the truth,, and dont have to prove anything,,
my neighbors are literally BIllionaires and famous people who I wont
mention and out,, and I have lived in BH and BEL AIR all my life,
not that it matters, cause money is not everything, but when idiots comment that I dont know cars when I have been involved with them for
23 years and raced and tested countless cars, and
that I dont have money,, which is laughable, it just proves
what idiots and assumers there are on the forums..somtimes

I had a 1968 Original SHelby GT mustang 500 KR convertible frame up restore in black with white top when I was 16 lol, and used to race it around WIllow Springs..

also had a 944 TURBO BILSTEIN CUP race car, with 300 hp and custom racing suspension when I was 18 and used to track that car as well.. before doing testing for prototypes for car companies so...
since then I have owned 4 mercedes, a Corvette,and a few others etc etc

what I know about smart people and wealthy people is that often the smartest and the wealthiest dont have to prove anything,, they are confident..as I am
and there are always haters out there and loudmouths that think they know it all, and know think they know a person,, when they dont have a clue, as in a few people on this thread

I do think its sad when some people feel threatned by someone who just trying to post helpful info, and is obviously knowledgable, they make the mistake of feeling
threatned and somehow how to get in a pissing contest.. I knew guys like that in High school, most are now total losers, now, 2 are dead, and one is homeless lol
so that is what it is

I pretty much done with this thread, though, and some of the people in it..expeically since the moderator seems to take their side all the time.. so
I will ignore the haters,, some though seem to be nicer though like you,,
so advice was taken and given and thanks,, and have a good weekend

Last edited by storm; 03-28-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by storm

well thanks for the offer, LZH maybe I will take you up on it,,
but to be honest I know the truth,, and dont have to prove anything,,

Nobody believes your fairy tales... Give it a rest.

my neighbors are literally BIllionaires and famous people who I wont
mention and out,, and I have lived in BH and BEL AIR all my life,

You are literally smoking crack! This just keeps getting better and better.

not that it matters, cause money is not everything, but when idiots comment that I dont know cars when I have been involved with them for
23 years and raced and tested countless cars,

and that I dont have money,, which is laughable, it just proves
what idiots and assumers there are on the forums..somtimes

I had a 1968 Original SHelby GT mustang 500 KR convertible frame up restore in black with white top when I was 16 lol,

Reaching for those stars ay stormy? LoL is right.

and used to race it around WIllow Springs..

Puhahahahahahahahahahaha! All that at the age of 16 huh? Riiiiiiighhhhhhtt.

also had a 944 TURBO BILSTEIN CUP race car, with 300 hp and custom racing suspension when I was 18 and used to track that car as well.. before doing testing for prototypes for car companies so...

Ohhhhh gooooood, I can barely breath and type through the hysterical laughter! Ahahahahahahahaha My face hurts.

since then I have owned 4 mercedes, a Corvette,and a few others etc etc

Is today my birthday?? LoL!!!!!!!! What is going on here?? Hahahahaha

what I know about smart people and wealthy people is that often the smartest and the wealthiest dont have to prove anything,, they are confident..as I am
and there are always haters out there and loudmouths that think they know it all, and know think they know a person,, when they dont have a clue, as in a few people on this thread

What in the world does that mean? SMART AND WEALTHY PEOPLE CAN FORM A SENTENCE CORRECTLY.

I do think its sad when some people feel threatned by someone who just trying to post helpful info, and is obviously knowledgable, they make the mistake of feeling
threatned and somehow how to get in a pissing contest..

SMART AND WEALTHY PEOPLE HAVE A GRASP ON BASIC GRAMMAR. THEY CAN ALSO SPELL WORDS LIKE THREATENED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.

I knew guys like that in High school, most are now total losers, now, 2 are dead, and one is homeless lol
so that is what it is

You mean like last week? What Smart and Wealthy schools did you attend? DO SMART AND WEALTHY PEOPLE LAUGH AT THE LESS FORTUNATE TOO???

I pretty much done with this thread,

Thank GOD!

though, and some of the people in it..expeically since the moderator seems to take their side all the time..

The mods are doing a great job! Trying to keep trolls like you off this forum.

so I will ignore the haters,, some though seem to be nicer though like you,,
so advice was taken and given and thanks,, and have a good weekend
Nobody is hating on you.

Last edited by Max.H; 03-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Max, I'd like to hear your exhaust in person when you have time.

I think the E63 exhaust sounds pretty throaty, especially at start-up and accelerating. I'd like to hear how it sounds compared to yours.

Last edited by LADY_AMG; 03-29-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Oops...typo!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...mine are anything but cheap,, I have Kleemann long tube headers, down to 304 stainless steel racing high flow cats, then electronic butterfly CUTOUTS...

...beats a muffler gut, and chopping off the exhaust and straightpiping it
making it sounds like a 1972 nova beater

but to each his own..
how can you preach about someone's exhaust and say it sounds like a '72 nova beater when you've NEVER heard it and on top of that YOU run cut-outs?

seriously, get back to mowing the lawn for dad.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Max, I'd like to hear your exhaust in person when you have time.

I think the E64 exhaust sounds pretty throaty, especially at start-up and accelerating. I'd like to hear how it sounds compared to yours.
No problem Kady. You are nearby so you can come by and hear it anytime. I have my buddy's 63 today and it sounds great! You can hear that also if you want.

Last edited by Max.H; 03-28-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
You sir have a PM
Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by Max.H
Nobody is hating on you.

yeah right,, and your favorite movie I heard is the Crying Game , lol

Attached Thumbnails Modified AMG mufflers and resonator delete.. Pics inside-cry.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by storm; 03-29-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=chiromikey;3436153]how can you preach about someone's exhaust and say it sounds like a '72 nova beater when you've NEVER heard it and on top of that YOU run cut-outs?

well its true I have not heard it, so maybe that comment was not the best, point is its crazy to GUT a muffler when you have a merc,, you should be able to afford new muffers, was my point,,
and to try and defend that as a cool car mod is just crazy,, but whatever dont really care,, done with this thread,, there are idiots everywhere I guess..

I know econ is rough, but seriously..

Last edited by storm; 03-29-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 AM

nascar
I'm a cheap college student and my parents bought me the car...that is why I gutted my muffler and running straight pipes replacing reso and 2nd cat (I don't even wanna spend extra money on xpipe).

I've heard my car from outside and inside and I like it. It doesn't drone or I just don't notice it.

I don't think anyone is arguing that gutting muffler is gonna sound better than a 5k exhaust system...it is just a reasonably priced alternative mod to give people more sound they want from their cars.

I've learned to not really go by anyone's description of exhaust tones or loudness by what people say online because everyone is really different. The best thing to do really is go listen to someone who has done the exhaust setup you want in person. Saying something sounds awful without even listening to it or saying that a car shouldn't sound a certain way is just being ignorant. People shouldn't **** on other peoples parade..
Old 03-29-2009, 03:45 AM

BMW 7 series
storm, post some pics of your car/cars

i wanna see what a guy, who talks so much, drives.

you sure talk the talk, but can u walk the walk...
Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 AM

E55
I didn't scan the whole thread but I would bet one United States dollar that "Storm" is "UBERKAR". The writing style is almost identical with the over usage of "lol" after every other sentence. In addition to having no idea what he/she is talking about, the posting of thumbnails to somehow try to slam another poster is classic Marty. I call.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 PM

E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by Max.H
No problem Kady. You are nearby so you can come by and hear it anytime. I have my buddy's 63 today and it sounds great! You can hear that also if you want.
Thanks, Max! I'll text or call u.

What kind of exhaust does he have on his 63?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
yeah right,, and your favorite movie I heard is the Crying Game , lol

Storm GFO out of this thread. You are an idiot and have nothing to contribute here. Your web of LIES have spiraled out of control. Jeeeezus! How much humiliation can one take?

Originally Posted by LADY_AMG
Thanks, Max! I'll text or call u.

What kind of exhaust does he have on his 63?

No problem Kady. The 63 has stock AMG exhaust with resonator delete.

Originally Posted by seven11
storm, post some pics of your car/cars

i wanna see what a guy, who talks so much, drives.

you sure talk the talk, but can u walk the walk...

He is too busy smoking crack with his smart and wealthy friends in his imaginary Bel Air mansion.

Originally Posted by supre55

I didn't scan the whole thread but I would bet one United States dollar that "Storm" is "UBERKAR". The writing style is almost identical with the over usage of "lol" after every other sentence. In addition to having no idea what he/she is talking about, the posting of thumbnails to somehow try to slam another poster is classic Marty. I call.

Well well well. Look what the cat dragged in? Marty is that really you??

Can someone run an IP Address check on this douchebag?

Mods, I think its time to ban this troll for good.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
In the meantime Max, I still don't have a video of the car rolling lol
Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Ohh snap! The godfather has spoken. I gotta swap cars back to take video. I'm still cruising the TT C6 Vette.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
I'm a cheap college student and my parents bought me the car...that is why I gutted my muffler and running straight pipes replacing reso and 2nd cat (I don't even wanna spend extra money on xpipe).

I've heard my car from outside and inside and I like it. It doesn't drone or I just don't notice it.

I don't think anyone is arguing that gutting muffler is gonna sound better than a 5k exhaust system...it is just a reasonably priced alternative mod to give people more sound they want from their cars.

I've learned to not really go by anyone's description of exhaust tones or loudness by what people say online because everyone is really different. The best thing to do really is go listen to someone who has done the exhaust setup you want in person. Saying something sounds awful without even listening to it or saying that a car shouldn't sound a certain way is just being ignorant. People shouldn't **** on other peoples parade..

very true, and because your a college student that is a perfectly good exception,, glad you enjoying the car.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by The Godfather
In the meantime Max, I still don't have a video of the car rolling lol

GODFATHER,, just wanted to say you did a first class job modding the car,,things I would have done,, and looks great,, still has euro look,,

way to go looks great
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Stormy: Tell me more about your Bel Air mansion. What priceless artifacts do you have in it? I am dying to hear what your active imagination can conger up. I also see that you changed your profile. Mercedes, Porsche, what is etc? <<<<<<<<<<<< Please elaborate on this. I am dying to hear this one.

Last edited by Max.H; 03-29-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
GODFATHER,, just wanted to say you did a first class job modding the car,,things I would have done,, and looks great,, still has euro look,,

way to go looks great
Thanks for the compliments, but I must say, I'm puzzled by many of your posts and their contents. What gives man?

Regarding the whole gutting thing, I'm a government employee, I paid for my own car (still paying I should say lol), but I'm a cheap mother ****er, so I will gut my mufflers.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
keep in mind, gutting mufflers wasn't a cheap mod for the first few members that did it so to use that as a rip on people may be way off base. iirc, evosport charged a couple grand for that mod!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified AMG mufflers and resonator delete.. Pics inside