Sponsored by:

New 55 and CLK records set off nitrous!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001.5 S4 Stage 3+
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
We couldnt have been going more than 80mph on that pull. I spun like crazy and was on 19" DPE street tires pre exhaust. You've probably seen me spin at 80 before. We started at like a 30 which on those tires just aint happening. Did you ever run Chae with that setup? I can run him on video to see how we would have compared on a clean pull. Anyways it doesnt matter cuz when you get your car back it should be a whole nother animal.
LOL, i agree we started at 30mph which is too low for you, but i started in 3rd gear, not second And we went to 100 cause i finished 3rd gear and my 3rd goes to 100. I ran chea when i was pulling a 3.3 FATS and i had him by a fender. When i ran you i was 2.xx FATS. So you do the math
Old 03-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by EvilS4
LOL, i agree we started at 30mph which is too low for you, but i started in 3rd gear, not second And we went to 100 cause i finished 3rd gear and my 3rd goes to 100. I ran chea when i was pulling a 3.3 FATS and i had him by a fender. When i ran you i was 2.xx FATS. So you do the math
So basically... not a clean run between us and no conclusions can be drawn from it lol. Exactly what I'm saying. I dont think you would have kept up had we gone from a higher roll and went to higher speeds but no way to find out. Just talked to Chae, he is gonna get some race gas and we will do some pulls. He was short shifting when you pulled a fender. Back on topic.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Ahmad, congrats...I am starting to wonder if either one of us is ever going to get our 10 second pass. I thought for sure I was going to return home from my trip to hear you ran a 10.8 or something. I guess the race for the first CLK in the 10's is still anyones race.

When is your next attempt?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ahmad, congrats...I am starting to wonder if either one of us is ever going to get our 10 second pass. I thought for sure I was going to return home from my trip to hear you ran a 10.8 or something. I guess the race for the first CLK in the 10's is still anyones race.

Thanks Jim! Should be very soon. Still looking for some cheap light race seats.
, need to put in my ltw battery, get the CCW's to work or buy something else, and some other things.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

wooooh nice to see jim playing nice
how long can u hold the fort down!

just kidding

congrats again BB, and best of luck Jim
Old 03-09-2009, 06:28 PM

2001.5 S4 Stage 3+
So basically... not a clean run between us and no conclusions can be drawn from it lol. Exactly what I'm saying. I dont think you would have kept up had we gone from a higher roll and went to higher speeds but no way to find out. Just talked to Chae, he is gonna get some race gas and we will do some pulls. He was short shifting when you pulled a fender. Back on topic.
Ya basically. But when i got into boost was right around when you caught traction. I have no doubt that you would pull me up top, but i was still impressed that i stayed there from like 60 or so when you had traction to 100.

On topic tho, I say CCW owes you some ****!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Congrats

You set the bar pretty high for your fellow Kleemannites.

If Vadim can't get past your mark with just the blower then off it comes and then order up those quad turbos and lose the blower.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by LZH
Tom - I am very well aware of what it takes to modify a MB and clearly you are the one who doesn't get it. All it takes is money. and yes Tom, it's all about money when it comes to going fast.

So please Tom, you are the only person showing their ignorance by thinking that modifying these cars is some sort of holy grail that money cannot buy.

Ahmad - why don't you post up some high rez photos of your car, inside and out with a list of your mods and total cost ?
Actually I'm more impressed with what Ahmad has done with his car without overspending. Clearly his approach is more clever than blindly throwing money to achieve your goal. Certainly he is more knowledgeable than you or I about cars so he deserves the special Kudos.

I try to make massive gains on a budget but don't have the knowledge so have to rely on others like Vadim and therefore pay more.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Ahmad! Good Job!!!

AMGSC, check your e-mail...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ABALONE
Give BB a break please. He is running a S/C M113 V8 with NO nitrous and on pump fuel. That is ALL motor,period If he adds nitrous, then he is on "power in a bottle" and that turns the performance into a whole different direction IMHO. Now he has his power there 24/7 365 days of the year!!

Again, congrats BB
Actually it is far from all motor, he is running an aftermarket blower on his car, W208 CLK never came with a kompressor to the best of my knowledge. therefore it is a forced induction motor.

Just for the record I am not trying to take anything from Ahmad's new record, I already congratulated him and he once again holds the CLK record fair and square. A record is a record, I don't care how he (or I, or anyone else) achieves it. Just clarifying things for ABALONE.

...I'm not done yet Ahmad , but I still don't have my car back yet
Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Congrats Ahmad you basteed!

Send me the video so i can learn from your techniques.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM

, need to put in my ltw battery, get the CCW's to work or buy something else, and some other things.
best................sig..................evaa

Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ahmad, How much you looking to spend on the seats? I have seen Sparco Sprint 5's on e-bay for as low as $289.00 per seat plus no shipping charges, a buddy of mine just ordered a set for his M3 in December. The Sprints have a steel tub design to keep the cost down, but they are still nice and very very light. According to the Sparco dimension guide they weigh only 18.7 pounds per seat, my $3000 a seat cf S-Lights weigh 13 pounds so the Sprints appear to be a great value at 10x less $$ and weigh only 5 pounds more. They are nice seats for the money. My freind had his covered in black leather for more of an OEM look. I can call him to get the sellers e-bay account number to see if they have any more they can sell at that price.

Here's a link to the Sparco Dimension guide.
http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/26.pdf
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Amhed, nice work. You've taken a simple/effective approach to building this car up and it shows in the numbers. As someone stated we have some spending much more and gettting much less here. I have been following a similar 208 blackonblacks car and I also really agree with and like the way his car is heading. Solid, proven, and real mods...scratch that...not mods, work. Congrats

...side note, from what I know this is more of a "DONK" or at least to some
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by indyjoe

am in love!

Found my new mod

press button on dash Babe, pops out and licks the Star......imagin doing that after a race, am creaming my self here
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGSC
You set the bar pretty high for your fellow Kleemannites.

If Vadim can't get past your mark with just the blower then off it comes and then order up those quad turbos and lose the blower.
Thanks, cant wait to see yur beast when its done! I still say lose the charger and go twin turbo but its your car. If I had money I would definitely build the motor and go this route. I'm pretty sure it would go nines with everything reinforced
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Ahmad! Good Job!!!

AMGSC, check your e-mail...
Thanks Vadim
Actually it is far from all motor, he is running an aftermarket blower on his car, W208 CLK never came with a kompressor to the best of my knowledge. therefore it is a forced induction motor.

Just for the record I am not trying to take anything from Ahmad's new record, I already congratulated him and he once again holds the CLK record fair and square. A record is a record, I don't care how he (or I, or anyone else) achieves it. Just clarifying things for ABALONE.

...I'm not done yet Ahmad , but I still don't have my car back yet
Just so you know, I never claimed that my car was all motor. I said it was run on pump gas and no nitrous and I'll be damned if that wasn't the case.

Good luck with getting your car back, it must suck having your car down for so long.
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats Ahmad you basteed!

Send me the video so i can learn from your techniques.
Haha thanks!

I think the vid was posted somewhere earlier in this thread by Freekin63. Noone go tthe 11.00 pass on video though. I plan on breaking that real soon anyway.
Originally Posted by indyjoe

Thanks, a friend found it for me
Ahmad, How much you looking to spend on the seats? I have seen Sparco Sprint 5's on e-bay for as low as $289.00 per seat plus no shipping charges, a buddy of mine just ordered a set for his M3 in December. The Sprints have a steel tub design to keep the cost down, but they are still nice and very very light. According to the Sparco dimension guide they weigh only 18.7 pounds per seat, my $3000 a seat cf S-Lights weigh 13 pounds so the Sprints appear to be a great value at 10x less $$ and weigh only 5 pounds more. They are nice seats for the money. My freind had his covered in black leather for more of an OEM look. I can call him to get the sellers e-bay account number to see if they have any more they can sell at that price.

Here's a link to the Sparco Dimension guide.
http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/26.pdf
I'm looking to spend as little a spossible while still getting a light seat that looks decent. Trying to save up for a down payment on a new house but I'm addicted to this stuff so it's hard to resist! I'm looking at the Corbeau FX1 Pro wrapped in microsuede for only $350 a seat (but they dont make sliders so I might have to make one) and weigh 16lbs. I will take a look at the Sparcos too, thanks! Your seats are uber baller, VERY nice!
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Amhed, nice work. You've taken a simple/effective approach to building this car up and it shows in the numbers. As someone stated we have some spending much more and gettting much less here. I have been following a similar 208 blackonblacks car and I also really agree with and like the way his car is heading. Solid, proven, and real mods...scratch that...not mods, work. Congrats
Thank you. BlackonBlackCLK and I are good friends. He did my ehxaust and torque converter and diff install. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting right now lol HIs car is very fast for NA and it will only get faster!
Originally Posted by Zod
am in love!

Found my new mod

press button on dash Babe, pops out and licks the Star......imagin doing that after a race, am creaming my self here