W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save Juicee63 thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55, 2007 GL450
Why was there a lapse in coverage?
S.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Just so you guys know, Josh made good on his promise and has paid me back in full He even tried repaying me extra! Which I won't take
Same here.

Glad we could help!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
I hope allanlamebo and all the other juicee haterz enjoy their dinner tonight...

Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Sorry to hear of the insurance woes...Geico for a high-end car is not a great idea as they are a low-end insurer. A couple of years back they wouldn't even insure a "specialty" or performance car.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Geico for a high-end car is not a great idea as they are a low-end insurer. A couple of years back they wouldn't even insure a "specialty" or performance car.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Sorry to hear of the insurance woes...Geico for a high-end car is not a great idea as they are a low-end insurer. A couple of years back they wouldn't even insure a "specialty" or performance car.
Good info here.

Years ago when I was in the military I heard how great Geico was. And then the people around me started getting dropped left and right after their first speeding ticket, got in an accident, etc. They quickly got a bad rap and one I won't forget. I'm with USAA and I don't even price shop. I've dealt with them with a motorcycle that got stolen, a fender bender that wasn't my fault, and a parking lot "mishap" where my car was backed in to. They jump through hoops to help and are just plain pleasant to deal with. I could probably get cheaper rates, but I would wager it wouldn't be that much cheaper and the fact I've been with them for 14 years now and have never had a negative thing to say about them during that entire time, why would I price shop?

Oh, and they send about an 8% dividend each year on the amount you cover. Can't beat that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the further issues Juice...I've been in your corner from the start so I hope you hammer them even harder. *** turds...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Put it this way:

Their usage of a lizard to pitch their product in commercials could only be surpassed in the "unintentionally ironic, but perfect metaphor" department if they were to use the "Geico snake" instead.

When it comes time to pay out, they will nickle-and-dime you to death. We had one hail damage experience with them years ago where their appraisor assured us that any hail dents he missed wouldn't be any problem, just have the body shop call them back for easy approval...well, they did miss a few, and when the body shop did call them, they refused to pay.

Fortunately, it was only a small out of pocket expense for PDR and not an accident, but we dropped them like a hot potato after that little rip off episode.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Gieco is the largest purchaser of "china made" Ford F-150 fenders in the US. That is just one way they get over.

How much cash is that? Only the caveman knows.....
Old 04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned

SL600
I wish I had a Gecio lizard with me at work or school. He can make anything amusing... "Are those clams? I<3Clams! ...Do you uh... do you wanna offer me one?"

They need to make a full fledged movie similar to Madagascar or Shrek with the Geico lizard.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
Having a slight lapse in insurance was NOT a good thing to do.

At our DMV - you have to prove that you had coverage the entire time the car was registered - regardless of whether it was in your possession or not and can only remove coverage if you turn in the plates.

I hope that does not turn out to be a very costly mistake. Moral of this story - Insurance companies are NOT your friend and will spend a great amount of time and effort trying to avoid paying you. Giving them "a legitimate out" is the last thing in the world you want to do. Hope it works out.

And a Homeowner's claim will probably screw you over in rates, or, even get you dropped at renewal time.

It's bad enough to go through this - but to have your car virtually destroyed and have to fight to get it back a second time is terribly time consuming and has to be frustrating.

Any news from the police? That would likely help your insurance claim - as they will be taking statements and those dates will likely be in the report when they talk to someone at Manheim, as I expect they'll be trying to distance themselves from this entire thing.

Man you are 100% correct.

The statements made are helping my civil claim. Geico is definately stickingto a day there was no coverage. I am happy to report they will cover some interior pieces just not all of it. Regardless it is becoming very clear to me and the detective's who took the items and did 90% of the damage. I agree with you it was absolutely idiotic to take the car off the policy, I just figured I would never see it again so why pay for insurance.

I will be getting exterior repairs first , then hopefully prove to Geico the damage to the car happened at the RA lot not Manheim
Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Improviz
Their usage of a lizard to pitch their product in commercials could only be surpassed in the "unintentionally ironic, but perfect metaphor" department if they were to use the "Geico snake" instead.

When it comes time to pay out, they will nickle-and-dime you to death. We had one hail damage experience with them years ago where their appraisor assured us that any hail dents he missed wouldn't be any problem, just have the body shop call them back for easy approval...well, they did miss a few, and when the body shop did call them, they refused to pay.

Fortunately, it was only a small out of pocket expense for PDR and not an accident, but we dropped them like a hot potato after that little rip off episode.
Wow , lots of bad Geico experiences....

I will post up full details , pretty amazing what they are trying to stick to.

I have been working nights , apologies to you guys for not being as active on the thread. Car is still at Calstar, and will be headed to a shop in Glendale on SF rd.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by juicee63
They had a key but still had to go through the foot well, and the just left it dangling.

The battery was fried.

Thanks for the info.
The batt cables run from the trunk through the car and are accessible through the footwear. MB did that same thing when I had my car batt go dead. My car was backed into my garage and the trunk could not be opened due to the location. So he went through the floor. Its a procedure done often and is not at all hazardous.

As for all their other stupid moves thats a different story!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Gieco is the largest purchaser of "china made" Ford F-150 fenders in the US. That is just one way they get over.

How much cash is that? Only the caveman knows.....
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
LOL LOL !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by The Godfather
I figured it out why the car was all trashed inside:

That THING was looking for bread crumbs to eat.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Update:

Car is nearly finished (exterior) once we got the claim approved things moved quickly.

The interior damage was denied. I have submitted some documentation but I really have no plausible way of proving the loss date of each damaged item.

The wheels are getting refinished, they wiaved my deductable as I agreed not to replace the front tires. They are painting the rear fender, roofline, new front and rear bumper. All dents removed and scratches. Total was 6800.00 interestingly enough the same amount of cash that was stolen from behind the glove box.

Manheim has been cooperative, nobody has heard a peep from the Repo agency. I did determine they are not a legal entity in the State although they do have a license to perform repossesion. Once Geico pays outthey will pursue the RA and Manheim likely 90/10

Hopefully the interior can be approved, there are some annoying cracks and scratches but CalStar seems to have fixed some of the damage in exchange for 405.00 storage fee.

The car sat at Calstar for nearly one month, as we awaited an answer from geico.

So the gun , bluetooth puck, ipod and cash as well as physical damage to the car. I may also claim "loss of use" 1600/month sucks to pay when you do not even have the car
Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 PM

Mercedes Benz CLS 550
Mercedes Benz Financial cant see the big picture

This seems so typical of what I just went through.

Lost my job and after months of letting things go back it was the Benz's turn. They did give me a 2 month deferral but that but that turned out not to be long enough. Finally found a job and after getting 4k in the hole with them asked them for another deferral of the backpayments to be reconciled at lease end. Told them I would begin paying immediately the regular scheduled monthly amount but that I did not have the reserves to make up the back payments.

They said no at first and gave me another couple of weeks to come up with the money. I could not come up with the extra. Then they said pay 1.5 the monthly payments until the shortage was caught up. I told them I would be happy to but in return I need in writing this new arrangement. See by law I am in default of the payment arrangements so even if I did pay as the said they could come and repossess the car at anytime until I was not in default. I just wanted something in writing very simply put " that if I make the payments as agreed that although in default of the original contract they will not reposses the car in the interim.

They WOULD NOT DO THAT! So after much more back and forth I finally told them I was turning in the vehicle. I did so on a Sunday and on Monday morning around 4:30 am my intruder alarm goes off and notice a repo man looking through my garage door window. Yes he almost got shot but all that aside...........I honestly tried to offer an arrangement in which they would have gotten paid in full but they wanted nothing to do with it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MrReel
..........I honestly tried to offer an arrangement in which they would have gotten paid in full but they wanted nothing to do with it....
Yours is a story we are hearing with increasing frequency....the lack of goodwill is baffling. Do they really want these cars back ?!?

Sorry to hear of your troubles - good luck getting back into the right MB at the right time.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:21 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by MrReel
This seems so typical of what I just went through.

Lost my job and after months of letting things go back it was the Benz's turn. They did give me a 2 month deferral but that but that turned out not to be long enough. Finally found a job and after getting 4k in the hole with them asked them for another deferral of the backpayments to be reconciled at lease end. Told them I would begin paying immediately the regular scheduled monthly amount but that I did not have the reserves to make up the back payments.

They said no at first and gave me another couple of weeks to come up with the money. I could not come up with the extra. Then they said pay 1.5 the monthly payments until the shortage was caught up. I told them I would be happy to but in return I need in writing this new arrangement. See by law I am in default of the payment arrangements so even if I did pay as the said they could come and repossess the car at anytime until I was not in default. I just wanted something in writing very simply put " that if I make the payments as agreed that although in default of the original contract they will not reposses the car in the interim.

They WOULD NOT DO THAT! So after much more back and forth I finally told them I was turning in the vehicle. I did so on a Sunday and on Monday morning around 4:30 am my intruder alarm goes off and notice a repo man looking through my garage door window. Yes he almost got shot but all that aside...........I honestly tried to offer an arrangement in which they would have gotten paid in full but they wanted nothing to do with it.
So they had clearly already hired the repo guy at the same time you were still talking with them. They were just telling you whatever they had to over the phone to get you to send in as much $$$ as possible, and were then going to repo the car anyway. You were smart to demand it in writing, and the reason they wouldn't do it is because they were in the process of screwing you, and probably didn't want to mess it up.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Mercedes Benz CLS 550
Kind of bizzarre but they just called wanting to know if I wanted to get back in the car. This time offered an additional month deferral. I told them if I didnt have it two days ago I certainly dont have it now.

Still just a sad shame that I wanted to make this debt good and only either extend the lease term or pay them the back what was past due at the end of the lease. Now rather than working with me they will most likely find themselves included on an eventual bankruptcy. Go figure.......
Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Seems to be what all the lenders are doing. Mortgage lenders are doing the same - NOT working with homeowners who need the help because they are making more money in fees, etc. -but - then get stuck with REO's in this market? Seems like another short sighted ploy to pad some line item on a balance sheet to make the numbers and someone is getting paid based on "fee income" instead of overall liquidity and new underwater asset acquisition.

Amazing.

Good on you to demand this in writing - they were sweet talking you into parting with your money and they were working to repo your car. Glad you didn't give them another dime.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Seems to be what all the lenders are doing. Mortgage lenders are doing the same - NOT working with homeowners who need the help because they are making more money in fees, etc. -but - then get stuck with REO's in this market? Seems like another short sighted ploy to pad some line item on a balance sheet to make the numbers and someone is getting paid based on "fee income" instead of overall liquidity and new underwater asset acquisition.

Amazing.

Good on you to demand this in writing - they were sweet talking you into parting with your money and they were working to repo your car. Glad you didn't give them another dime.

Once you communicate to them anything " I do not have the full amount" they will issue the repo order. The company that caused near 17k damage to my car is no longer being used by mbfinancial. The fight for me continues as I have a battle with Geico, Manheim and the fired repo agency.

Depending on the State you are in a 4:30 AM disturbance would be illegal and a "breach" of the peace.

Better luck to you, I am sorry you also had to experience this.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Amazing.

Once you communicate to them anything close to " I do not have the full amount" they will issue the repo order. The company that caused near 17k damage to my car is no longer being used by mbfinancial. The fight for me continues as I have a battle with Geico, Manheim and the fired repo agency.

Depending on the State you are in a 4:30 AM disturbance would be illegal and a "breach" of the peace.

Better luck to you, I am sorry you also had to experience this.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
My car is safely tucked in the garage.

MrReel had the MB Financial issues.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Yours is a story we are hearing with increasing frequency....the lack of goodwill is baffling. Do they really want these cars back ?!?

Sorry to hear of your troubles - good luck getting back into the right MB at the right time.
The part in bold, you hit that like a new **** star. It just really makes no sense for anyone to want cars back in this market, which is already flooded with new and used cars people are not buying.

A car is a necessity depending upon where you live (in Atlanta you must have a car unless you live downtown, transit sucks) but a Benz is really just a want.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
Guys, no offense, but how about just buying cars you guys can afford next time? No offense, but you guys are blaming MB financial? Are You serious??

Im sure there are reasons this happened (job loss,etc,etc), and this is certainly unfortunate. But anyone who is living in a paycheck to paycheck situation, should not have a $1G++ car payment. Sorry guys. I could lose my job today, and pay my lease off, with one check. The full balance, not just 1 payment, in addition to my mortgage,etc,etc... Not trying to pat myself on the back or anything. But if I were living paycheck to paycheck, I would not even feel comfortable owning one of these cars.

Last edited by Taximan1; 08-20-2009 at 08:59 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Save Juicee63 thread