W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save Juicee63 thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Taximan1
Guys, no offense, but how about just buying cars you guys can afford next time? No offense, but you guys are blaming MB financial? Are You serious??

Im sure there are reasons this happened (job loss,etc,etc), and this is certainly unfortunate. But anyone who is living in a paycheck to paycheck situation, should not have a $1G++ car payment. Sorry guys. I could lose my job today, and pay my lease off, with one check. The full balance, not just 1 payment, in addition to my mortgage,etc,etc... Not trying to pat myself on the back or anything. But if I were living paycheck to paycheck, I would not even feel comfortable owning one of these cars.
Mr. Reel was extended a lease by MBCC, he qualified for the rental payment and made timely payments.

When he lost his income he fell behind as millions of Americans have, who likely are as responsible as you.

All people are hoping for is a chance to negotiate a reasonable repayment option. The repossesion , auction alternative hurts you and why should it?
Why should you be effected by MBCC failing to negotiate? Houses, cars, RV's , boats, airplanes, 2 million auto's went to auction in 2008 and new vehicle finance was down 40% so far in 2009. So much for the stimulus.

I am proud of you for not being effected by this crisis. The failure of Banks nationwide to negotiate and extend new terms or modified terms to corporations, states and individuals has crippled the economy far more than the guy who can no longer afford his 2007 Bayliner.

Sending the repo man is not the answer , it cost you much more than a simple change in the terms of the note. Mr. Reel thankfully has a job again and is willing to repay the past due amounts. He simply asked for it in writing which is far from unreasonable or irresponsible.

Last edited by juicee63; 08-20-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
Originally Posted by juicee63
Mr. Reel was extended a lease by MBCC, he qualified for the rental payment and made timely payments.

When he lost his income he fell behind as millions of Americans have, who likely are as responsible as you.

All people are hoping for is a chance to negotiate a reasonable repayment option. The repossesion , auction alternative hurts you and why should it?
Why should you be effected by MBCC failing to negotiate? Houses, cars, RV's , boats, airplanes, 2 million auto's went to auction in 2008 and new vehicle finance was down 40% so far in 2009. So much for the stimulus.

I am proud of you for not being effected by this crisis. The failure of Banks nationwide to negotiate and extend new terms or modified terms to corporations, states and individuals has crippled the economy far more than the guy who can no longer afford his 2007 Bayliner.

Sending the repo man is not the answer , it cost you much more than a simple change in the terms of the note. Mr. Reel thankfully has a job again and is willing to repay the past due amounts. He simply asked for it in writing which is far from unreasonable or irresponsible.

I do agree with some of your comments. And I certainly applaud your efforts, and anyone else's efforts who finds them-self in this situation, and GETS OUT OF IT.

I talked to a Benz dealer in California a few months ago, and people are walking in there and throwing the keys on the desk, once they hear the repo. man is on the way, to save face. And some of them actually have the money to pay current, but choose not to.

The whole econo. is a mess as everyone knows. People just over-purchased for their income level, bottom line. Its a very simple equation. If you want a $750k-$1MM House, a AMG Mercedes,Kids,bills,etc,etc. Then you had better make high 6 figures-7 figures, CONSISTENTLY, PER YEAR. The problem is people were trying to do all this, on a $250k per year income, and it actually worked for a little while. Because leveraging and neg. Amort. mortgages allowed it. But as we all know now, the chips fell HARD. And many will lose everything.

Juicee, I am glad you still have your car and you stood up like a man, and made current on the payments. Well done.
There are many, who are just trowing the keys back, and laughing.

My point was, THINK HARD next time you sign a lease for this amount. Heck, every month I write the check for my lease, I hate it!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the car and all.. But this is my last lease in this price range. My next car will be $500/mo. or less.. I feel guilty pissing that much away on a car. I can afford it, but its just stupid.

This world needs to get back to basics for 5-7 years... The high end cars,houses,boats,etc,etc. are going to be fire sold. As they probably should, until this country can get back on track,
Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I do agree with some of your comments. And I certainly applaud your efforts, and anyone else's efforts who finds them-self in this situation, and GETS OUT OF IT.

I talked to a Benz dealer in California a few months ago, and people are walking in there and throwing the keys on the desk, once they hear the repo. man is on the way, to save face. And some of them actually have the money to pay current, but choose not to.

The whole econo. is a mess as everyone knows. People just over-purchased for their income level, bottom line. Its a very simple equation. If you want a $750k-$1MM House, a AMG Mercedes,Kids,bills,etc,etc. Then you had better make high 6 figures-7 figures, CONSISTENTLY, PER YEAR. The problem is people were trying to do all this, on a $250k per year income, and it actually worked for a little while. Because leveraging and neg. Amort. mortgages allowed it. But as we all know now, the chips fell HARD. And many will lose everything.

Juicee, I am glad you still have your car and you stood up like a man, and made current on the payments. Well done.

My point was, THINK HARD next time you sign a lease for this amount. Heck, every month I write the check for my lease, I hate it!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the car and all.. But this is my last lease in this price range. My next car will be $500/mo. or less.. I feel guilty pissing that much away on a car. I can afford it, but its just stupid.

This world needs to get back to basics for 5-7 years... The high end cars,houses,boats,etc,etc. are going to be fire sold. As they probably should, until this country can get back on track,
Excellent post, and very true.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030

Points taken, great post!