Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Eisenmann Exhaust Specifics/Info

I know Race is louder.....
Is Eisenmann and Eisenhaus different?
Best vendor?
Also, how much should one expect to pay to install a "kit" purchased off the internet?
Are these "kits" basically just rear mufflers and tips ?
Installation Instructions?
Feedback (esp. on 63) ?? (Any loss of low end torque, etc)

I just read on one supplier's website - Eurosport Design - that it takes 5-8 weeks to get your Eisenmann exhaust, they are all custom-made in Germany..... is this true ??

Thanks

Last edited by jpohl402; 03-08-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
exhaust

eisenmann and eisenhaus are completly different. Eisenhaus was the official importer and US distrubutor before until they started copying eisenmanns exhaust and branding them eisenmann meisterchaft. The Meisterschaft system is built in Korea.

There was a big uproar about a 1.5 years ago. Eisenhaus lost their rights to distribute and probably got sued for alot of money

Most m5 and m6 guys bought Eisenhaus Meisterchaft systems believing that they were eisenmann systems. There are many clips on youtube.

Both of the companies are muffler only systems that include tips. I have heard eisenamnn race in person and they sound pretty good. Cleans up the 6.3 sound pretty well. Haven't heard a meisterchaft on a 63 before but they are louder and raspy on the m5's. Don't really think they go right on a sedan.

To be honest, way overpriced for two mufflers as well as many parts for AMG's. Both systems retail around 2600 for both cans
Old 03-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by drop997stop
eisenmann and eisenhaus are completly different. Eisenhaus was the official importer and US distrubutor before until they started copying eisenmanns exhaust and branding them eisenmann meisterchaft. The Meisterschaft system is built in Korea.

There was a big uproar about a 1.5 years ago. Eisenhaus lost their rights to distribute and probably got sued for alot of money

Most m5 and m6 guys bought Eisenhaus Meisterchaft systems believing that they were eisenmann systems. There are many clips on youtube.

Both of the companies are muffler only systems that include tips. I have heard eisenamnn race in person and they sound pretty good. Cleans up the 6.3 sound pretty well. Haven't heard a meisterchaft on a 63 before but they are louder and raspy on the m5's. Don't really think they go right on a sedan.

To be honest, way overpriced for two mufflers as well as many parts for AMG's. Both systems retail around 2600 for both cans
Thank me later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvJV5neuZNU&fmt=18
Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
That sounds VERY similar to the Eisenmann Race on my E55...it is fantastic.

It is just the rear section from the differential back and there is no loss of torque that I noticed and if anything, it breathes a tiny bit better up top. On a 55 the exhaust is not a big place to gain power so it is more about sound.

That being said, I would assume the E63 is much the same with the big power gains in the headers and downpipes so to a large degree, you are looking for sound with the exhaust. The Race v. the Standard just gives you more of the same sound. I would say that the term "Race" is misleading as it is not that loud and about perfect on a 55 or 63 which has so much sound deadening that when the windows are up and the stereo is on at low levels, you can't hear it. From outside the car at idle, or on a full throttle drive by, it sounds spectacular.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks gentlemen!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also, how much should one expect to pay a muffler shop in order to do the install/welding ?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Also, how much should one expect to pay a muffler shop in order to do the install/welding ?
Depending on shop labor rates, usually $80/hr, maybe a 2-3hr job...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 350Z, 09 E63
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
sounds fantastic!! hello sun 1st post!!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by JDM Joe
sounds fantastic!! hello sun 1st post!!
What's up Joe! So when we slapping one on the AMG?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:10 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=Blacksport350;3399799]That sounds VERY similar to the Eisenmann Race on my E55...it is fantastic.

It is just the rear section from the differential back and there is no loss of torque that I noticed and if anything, it breathes a tiny bit better up top. On a 55 the exhaust is not a big place to gain power so it is more about sound.

actually there is a big difference between race and sport mufflers from most manufactureers, and its both a pyhsical and legal difference..

you see if its called SPORT< than its highway legal, for sound volume..
like in most states here in cali you cannot go above 90db I think, and some cops have sound meters, and will use them..

the RACING mufflers are louder, about 10-15 DB and thus are mot street legal, for sound.. as they will fail, the sound meter every time and this labels for track use..

I have actually seen a muffler shop test this, between to borla and magnaflows,, each street and race model, as the customers got tickets
for sound, and the muffler shop had to show them that their race mufflers were louder than the sport versions,, and used a meter.. on both..

the EIsenmann, race is louder,, but you have to compare apples and apples.. if you compare a race to a sport, you have to have the identical car, and setup, both need to have X-pipes, or not, both need same diameter tubing, same headers and cats , same resonators or not etc.

even one change can make a 5 db difference.. in sound..

race mufflers often differ in size and are slightly smaller, which makes a muffler always louder, its a sound match formula having to do with
cubic cm vs air and velocity etc.. I think.

also the race versions being smaller or may have less baffling or NONE at all, and less or NO sound deading either.

a safe bet with plenty of sound is alway on a V8 to go with SPORT..

showing the judge that its rated byt DOT and sound specs can save you from an expensive fix it ticket for sure
Old 03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
[QUOTE=storm;3401837]
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
That sounds VERY similar to the Eisenmann Race on my E55...it is fantastic.

actually there is a big difference between race and sport mufflers from most manufactureers, and its both a pyhsical and legal difference..

you see if its called SPORT< than its highway legal, for sound volume..
like in most states here in cali you cannot go above 90db I think, and some cops have sound meters, and will use them..

the RACING mufflers are louder, about 10-15 DB and thus are mot street legal, for sound.. as they will fail, the sound meter every time and this labels for track use..

I have actually seen a muffler shop test this, between to borla and magnaflows,, each street and race model, as the customers got tickets
for sound, and the muffler shop had to show them that their race mufflers were louder than the sport versions,, and used a meter.. on both..

the EIsenmann, race is louder,, but you have to compare apples and apples.. if you compare a race to a sport, you have to have the identical car, and setup, both need to have X-pipes, or not, both need same diameter tubing, same headers and cats , same resonators or not etc.

even one change can make a 5 db difference.. in sound..

race mufflers often differ in size and are slightly smaller, which makes a muffler always louder, its a sound match formula having to do with
cubic cm vs air and velocity etc.. I think.

also the race versions being smaller or may have less baffling or NONE at all, and less or NO sound deading either.

a safe bet with plenty of sound is alway on a V8 to go with SPORT..

showing the judge that its rated byt DOT and sound specs can save you from an expensive fix it ticket for sure
Sorry to disagree but I my E55 with the Race exhaust (with no changes to the front section) is just not that loud. When cruising next to a police officer with his windows down it would not attract attention outside of a low growl. At full throttle the volume goes way up and will attract attention quickly but no more so than an F430 or Gallardo with a stock exhaust. At idle it sounds healthy but will not shake the windows and you can stand right behind the car with the engine running and hold a conversation at a low level.

In short, the Race for the E55 is just not that racey. The Race version for some other applications does come in a reduced weight package that is quite loud. Also, it seems that some of the US Made "Eisenmann" exhausts are far louder than the real deal from Germany.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

E55
Blacksport350-- Where did you purchase your eisenmann system?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I purchased my eisenmann race from Neal at Euroteck. Cant say enough good things about him.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
[quote=Blacksport350;3402176][quote=storm;3401837]

Sorry to disagree but I my E55 with the Race exhaust (with no changes to the front section) is just not that loud. When cruising next to a police officer with his windows down it would not attract attention outside of a low growl. At full throttle the volume goes way up and will attract attention quickly but no more so than an F430 or Gallardo with a stock exhaust. At idle it sounds healthy but will not shake the windows and you can stand right behind the car with the engine running and hold a conversation at a low level.

WELL,,

you must have a stock cat back system then and cats,,and a resonator,

which is totally different, that would not really provide the extra flow to make the EIsenmanns; louder,,

but trust me, I have heard in person, and in clips at least 6 eisenmann race systems vs sport, on M5's and MERC's and AUDI's

and IF You have a CAT back 3" piping, no 2nd cats, and no resonators
it pushed alot more air faster to the mufflers and the race ones are louder..

I am not saying they are too loud, and certainly not as loud as BORLA which is the loudest damn muffler I have heard

but the race version is louder by about 10 db than the sport as EISENMANN will confirm this,,

you may just not be able to tell with your ear.. and I agree its not nearly as large a difference as other sport vs race models like borla..

this is probably a god thing
Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by psk145
I purchased my eisenmann race from Neal at Euroteck. Cant say enough good things about him.
Price ?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Price ?
Why not just call or email them?

http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com/

Ask for Neal
EuroTeck Motorsports Inc.
4324 NW 120th Ave.