Keyless Go Problem.:(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Keyless Go Problem.:(

My Keyless Go only works on passenger side now. My car is on the bad list so I'm not sure if the dealer will fix it. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by BENZGal
My Keyless Go only works on passenger side now. My car is on the bad list so I'm not sure if the dealer will fix it. Has anyone else had this problem?
It may just need re-programming by the dealer.... Did you have any recent battery trouble or was the battery changed recently?

By the way, if Mercedes voided your engine warranty, shouldn't the warranty be voided only for the engine (and related components of course) and not other non-related parts? Keyless go is completely separate
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 PM

05 obsidian black e55
my keyless go wasnt working on the driver side about a year ago as well, but passenger side works like yours, my car is a 05, and from what the dealer told me, they changed a new keyless go system which require changing the sensor on the door, i am sure they will fix it for you and upgrade it to the newer system,
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It may just need re-programming by the dealer.... Did you have any recent battery trouble or was the battery changed recently?

By the way, if Mercedes voided your engine warranty, shouldn't the warranty be voided only for the engine (and related components of course) and not other non-related parts? Keyless go is completely separate
When you have that status you are at the mercy of MBUSA for approval. RENNTech got my sun roof fixed and a new dash with the dirty black flag. They have a great relationship with the local dealers. Another reason I need to move to Florida!!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by k-white330ci
my keyless go wasnt working on the driver side about a year ago as well, but passenger side works like yours, my car is a 05, and from what the dealer told me, they changed a new keyless go system which require changing the sensor on the door, i am sure they will fix it for you and upgrade it to the newer system,
Thank you for the great information. This option makes me feel safe in this crazy world with a bling car. I will contact my Cali SA tomorrow. I always find it funny that my mods out last the OEM parts. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
I've noticed lately that every so often my drivers door doesn't open immediately like it does most of the time. I hope this isn't a sign of something failing.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 PM

05 obsidian black e55
Originally Posted by bobgodd
I've noticed lately that every so often my drivers door doesn't open immediately like it does most of the time. I hope this isn't a sign of something failing.

mine started just like that and last about 1-2 month before the driver side completely failed, i suggest a visit to the dealer, the keyless go driver side failure happened to both me and my friend's E, it seems to happen quite often
Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
only problems I have had with my keyless go is the batteries tend to need replacing every 6-8 months!
Other then that system has been working fine for me.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bob,
Mine started the same way.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Bob,
Mine started the same way.
Love the great news!!!

It makes me feel like a damn fool too haha. I walk up to the door and pull the handle all normal and what-not and when it doesn't open I look like an idiot yanking on the door and almost falling onto the car.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by k-white330ci
mine started just like that and last about 1-2 month before the driver side completely failed, i suggest a visit to the dealer, the keyless go driver side failure happened to both me and my friend's E, it seems to happen quite often
I'm technical by nature and can't understand why the passenger side works!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
only problems I have had with my keyless go is the batteries tend to need replacing every 6-8 months!
Other then that system has been working fine for me.
Can you give more technical info on the battery failure? Which battery and where is it located? This princess might have to get her fingers dirty.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 AM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
There are several antennas to detect where the key is located. One in each door, inside and trunk at least. Could be just the door antenna on the driver said has failed.

Here's a link to a doc that explains it all.-> http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...2008-16-02.pdf
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The passenger door has its own sensor and since the driver-side door usually doesn't get used nearly as much as the driver side one, your driver side sensor is likely failing.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Love the great news!!!

It makes me feel like a damn fool too haha. I walk up to the door and pull the handle all normal and what-not and when it doesn't open I look like an idiot yanking on the door and almost falling onto the car.
LMAO! I'm more pissed that I paid for this car at a normal price X 2 sets of mods and my flippin Keyless Go goes.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
I have had my keyless fail three times. Once the shifter stopped working. They replaced the shifter.

Then the passanger side. Then the driver side door stopped working. When the handles do not work, there is a sensor that needs to be replaced. I bet you its a sensor like mine was. Each handle has its own sensor I believe (or maybe one sensor per side of vehicle). In any case, if only one side is not working, its probably a sensor.

What is this new system? I have not heard anythign about it. I also have a 2005. And have had keyless go issues. Details please so I can request the new system from my dealer! Please!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
The passenger door has its own sensor and since the driver-side door usually doesn't get used nearly as much as the driver side one, your driver side sensor is likely failing.
Thank you Mo! I'll be ready for a record track day at the end of March. Famoso
day?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by velvet fog
There are several antennas to detect where the key is located. One in each door, inside and trunk at least. Could be just the door antenna on the driver said has failed.

Here's a link to a doc that explains it all.->
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdf...2008-16-02.pdf
Thank you for technical info. Trunk is fine so it must be the driver door.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55_GT3wheels
I have had my keyless fail three times. Once the shifter stopped working. They replaced the shifter.

Then the passanger side. Then the driver side door stopped working. When the handles do not work, there is a sensor that needs to be replaced. I bet you its a sensor like mine was. Each handle has its own sensor I believe (or maybe one sensor per side of vehicle). In any case, if only one side is not working, its probably a sensor.

What is this new system? I have not heard anythign about it. I also have a 2005. And have had keyless go issues. Details please so I can request the new system from my dealer! Please!!
My shifter has acted up a few times as well. I give it a second and it resets.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I had to have the entire door handle assembly replaced on both front doors (under warranty).

BTW, the can't cancel the whole warranty for engine mods. But they can sure be an a** about it.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Here's the wacky part about my situation... when I press the driver's side handle button the car will not lock. However, when I come back to open the locked car, the driver's side opens up no problem. So, it is just the locking. Any ideas as to why?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Maybe a bad button thingy.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 AM

E55
Hey all it sounds like you guys all know your stuff I'd like to throw my issue at you guys if you dont mind! I picked up an '05 E55 last November w/ all options except Distronic. The car came with 2 older style remotes which worked fine (doors/trunk/start). One of the remotes started acting up a few months ago so I took it to the dealer and they gave me a newer style remote as a replacement. I kept the new one as a spare and was using the old key day to day. Then occasionally I noticed I could start the car with keyless go but the button would not allow me to turn off the car. I replaced the batteries in the older remote but still no luck. I then started using the newer remote to see if that would help. It didn't help at all. I took it to the dealer and complained about this issue, so they went ahead and replaced the entire shifter. It worked fine when I was in the dealer, but after driving home that night the car still didn't want to turn off by way of the button. I tried using the newer remote and still have the same luck. At least 8 of 10 tries to use keyless go are unsuccessful. On both remotes the buttons can lock/unlock the car and trunk, and all the other keyless options also work fine. I am waiting for the dealer to call me back but I would appreciate any suggestions just so we have a heads up on this. thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Benzgal, talk to your SA about this and stress the safety part and the fact that it is unrelated to the mods. If he refuses, ask for the link between keyless go and your mods (i.e. how could you have caused this). Document it in a letter to the dealership and stress the safety aspect. If you still have issues, bring it to SD and I can have a "friendly" SA speak with the regional MBUSA tech.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 991s, 2015 macan turbo, 2018 c63s
My keyless go is trying to kill me! Its happened about 10 times now. I will be driving and all of a sudden my dash with start flashing key not detected. I have to fumble around in my pocket hold it up and its fine. Its crazy because its happened to me on the highway before. My car is only a month old so I dont think its the battery. I going to the dealer tomorrow. Is there anything I should tell them to look out for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keyless Go Problem.:(