Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by jrcart
I actually passed on the car because when I went to look at it and drive it I brought one of my employees who is one of my truck mechanics/body guy/painter with me to look at it, when he saw it he fell in love with it. He is a young guy and has fallen on very tough times. I actually did purchase the car and sold it to him for what I paid and gave him an interest free loan which he has to pay back $200.00 per month over the next 12 months or so.

I will have him get a username on MBW and post up some pics. The car is very clean, although I would not call it mint,as it was originally described to me. Their is a small dent on the center hood which removed a dot of paint about the size of a penny like something dropped on it(BTW, is the hood aluminum, no rust on the dent???), a couple very small door dings on the passanger door and the interior leather on the top of the rear seats facing the rear window is a little sun damaged. Besides that it is a clean car and runs great.

I have a paint facility in my shop and I have agreed to let him work on the car after hours. He is going to repaint the entire car in the original factory black and put on some 18" AMG replica wheels that look period specific and paint the center black with a brused lip and tint the window. He has also located an aftermarket exhaust and a set of H&R springs that should give the car an even sportier stance. Should be perfect when it's done, and I'm sure he will drive it to some of the local events this summer so you guys can check it out.
That's a nice thing to do, man! You definitely earned some good karma on this one...

I'm sure allanlamebo will start up another thread talking about how stupid it was for you to actually help another human being.