Bye Bye 55 Heeelllooo 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Dan-the-Man
but for what it's worth ...... it kicks the 55's *** man no question ..... hahaha
HAHA!! I hear ya!! Glad you love the ride. Cut out the resonators and you will love the sound. That high compression sings!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Originally Posted by liquiddi
here is another video of the E63 dominating. How many more videos do you need? lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejWoCAjVMs
It's very subjective. There are videos that show an E55 beating an E63, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLsK4TiBpU

I've not owned an E63, but I've driven one... Bottom line....I'll take my E55 anyday....
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Jesus Christ people... the 55 and the 63 are two very different cars. The 55 is a torque monster, fast out of the gate. The 63 is a 7 speed car that has more power at higher RPMs, and it handles better. All depends on what you like. Style wise... I like the front of the 63, and the back lights of the 55, and I dont like the chrome on the trunk of the 63. Personal preference I know. The only reason that most people have more respect for the 55 than they do the 63 is because the 63 is newer, yet it's not a big step up from the 55... I think that's the reason that it gets less respect.

And +1 to typical 63 drivers acting like typical M5 drivers... Not that I'm any more mature.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
I think both cars are amazing and I personally love the Supercharge aspect better. I come from the jet ski world AKA my name. My Modified Supercharged Sea Doo's are the best you can get and maximize power. I think the E63 is perfect for what it is. It's not a corvette or porches when it comes to handling. If I wanted the ultimate supercharged beast I would go get a ZR1. Since I have a child on the way the E63 is perfect for me. It has Corvette speed but you can put a baby set in the back
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
BTW... personally, I prefer the drive of the 55. Compared to the 63 it feels like a complete ****ing animal.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by dlav06
It's very subjective. There are videos that show an E55 beating an E63, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLsK4TiBpU

I've not owned an E63, but I've driven one... Bottom line....I'll take my E55 anyday....

That is the same race of the tard that doesn't know how to drive. That is what I'm saying. I can't believe there has not been a E63/E55 race day or something like that. I would love to set one up for the midwest at a race track. It would be a ton of fun. We could have a big cookout and stuff. All this stuff is in good fun to me. I could care less if I lose.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 PM

That is the same race of the tard that doesn't know how to drive. That is what I'm saying. I can't believe there has not been a E63/E55 race day or something like that. I would love to set one up for the midwest at a race track. It would be a ton of fun. We could have a big cookout and stuff. All this stuff is in good fun to me. I could care less if I lose.
I'm on the other side of Missouri, but you're right....something like that would be fun.... My E55 isn't stock though, so it definitely wouldn't be fair. lol
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
The 63 ... and it handles better.

That is BS, especially on the '07s. Don't compare an '03 E55 to an '07 E63 for handling and say it holds for the models. Fact is the E55 is lighter up front....

And +1 to typical 63 drivers acting like typical M5 drivers... Not that I'm any more mature.
Dude, it is past a plus 1. I have met one genuine one.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 PM

2009 E63 AMG
I'm on the other side of Missouri, but you're right....something like that would be fun.... My E55 isn't stock though, so it definitely wouldn't be fair. lol

We should do it in KC! My brother and I are the biggest Chiefs fans on the planet. He lives in Sedalia MO. I come out to KC a few times a year. I'm getting season tickets at Arrowhead next season. So what kind of strips do they have in KC?
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
I like your sportsmanship... to me this is like 2 different sports teams... I dont really care which team wins, I just want an entertaining game and good food in the company of friends.
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
We did a shoot out of stock E55k, CLS63X2, E63-030 at Fontana for a whole day. The E55 is and was always about 3/10ths quicker in the 1/4.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 PM

We should do it in KC! My brother and I are the biggest Chiefs fans on the planet. He lives in Sedalia MO. I come out to KC a few times a year. I'm getting season tickets at Arrowhead next season. So what kind of strips do they have in KC?
Honestly, I haven't been to any of the strips out here... I know about the actual track we have out in KC, KS but I don't think it'll do. I can definitely look into it though. So, you are a Chiefs fan, huh? Good man....
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 PM

2010 E63, 2008 Range Rover Sport, 2010 GLK350
[QUOTE=

What upgrades I end up with are

Better Brakes
Better handling
Flappy paddles without button push
TV
DVD player
DVD MP3
Navigation
AMG Logo on command (heh none of the dealers here had seen that before)
Better colour (my opinion) being Black on Black.
Probably more but that will do for now. [/QUOTE]

Actually, you can program the command to say AMG on startup on a W211 E55 as well. Its done via the 3-5-7 menu (many posts on this).

As far as the brakes go, they are not better but may feel better. The E55 actually has better (more pistons) brakes in the front than the E63 does.

Good deal, as long as your happy thats all that matters. Its worth it alone for the warranty situation. The E63 is def a mean looking car but the E55 is more the "beast". I've driven both and prefer the E55s bruteness. The E63 is also an amazing machine though. The sound of the 63 engine stock for stock is WAY better than an E55 too.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Honestly, I haven't been to any of the strips out here... I know about the actual track we have out in KC, KS but I don't think it'll do. I can definitely look into it though. So, you are a Chiefs fan, huh? Good man....

Since I live across the river from St. Louis I was always a Rams fan. My brother has always been a huge chiefs fan. He converted me 2 years ago. i went to arrowhead and could not believe what a real football team was and what real fans were. The tailgate seen at Arrowhead is unreal. I'm hooked for life! lol Keep in mind I'm a big Nascar fan so I know what tailgating is all about. The chiefs really have something special.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM

Since I live across the river from St. Louis I was always a Rams fan. My brother has always been a huge chiefs fan. He converted me 2 years ago. i went to arrowhead and could not believe what a real football team was and what real fans were. The tailgate seen at Arrowhead is unreal. I'm hooked for life! lol Keep in mind I'm a big Nascar fan so I know what tailgating is all about. The chiefs really have something special.
Yeah, I remember one of my college buddies from St. Louis had come into town and we took him to a Chiefs/Patriots game a few years ago. He couldn't believe the almost college-like atmosphere that the fans have here. I love it!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63
Originally Posted by jangy
Dude, it is past a plus 1. I have met one genuine one.
lol ... so two days ago I was genuine and today I am not

Hi Jangy my name is Daniel pleased to meet you. You now have to say "yet to meet more than one"

I thrashed both cars back to back all weekend. To be fair I don't think I was getting the full potential out of the old 55 as it was 6 years old on the original supercharger clutch. It chirped and could have been down on power.

The high end acceleration is noticeably better on the 63. From the lights it is noticeably less fun. With the 55 even a 2 second squirt at 30ks was fun. The 63 is not and I will miss that to be fair.

I am amazed at the difference in handling. 03 E55 suspension vs 07 E63. The brakes are significantly better, ceramic on the 63 firmer and sharper. I guess that makes me a twisties lover ..... OMG nooooooooooo what have I done!!

Last edited by Dan-the-Man; 03-25-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
I mean look at this video. The 63 driver is a tard and doesn't hit it until after the 55 guy. Bottom line is the 63 is just as fast if not faster stock for stock. The thread holder made the right choice in buying the E63. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YaHyBnf7P8
i'm sorry but i have to disagree w/ u here. i was behind the E55 (Jason) and E63 (Antero) during that race u posted. since u brought up that race, here's the 2nd run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLLsK...eature=related as u can see, the E63 starts off first and gets pulled by the E55 pretty easily (with an extra passenger in the E55).

i have a stock E63 and have gone up against stock E55s and unfortunately i lost to them. to tell u the truth, i prefer everything on the E63 more than the E55 except the engine. i don't really care that the E55 is slightly faster than the E63 because my E63 is still better looking inside and out.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM

07 E63
Originally Posted by E55_GT3wheels
Actually, you can program the command to say AMG on startup on a W211 E55 as well. Its done via the 3-5-7 menu (many posts on this).
3-5-7 worked on the 63 but didn't work on my 03 E55. I had a very very early euro command. It was a factory ordered option as standard NZ 03's did not come with a command.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
Little ol NZ only got the NAV dvd last year even though most E55's and all E63s came with NAV units .... we had no DVD with NZ maps to use. My 55 had NAV but was a CD model. They are not going to release NZ maps on CD.

I raced cars for a numbers of years and won a few championships. I really don't need it to be the fastest ........ but for what it's worth ...... it kicks the 55's *** man no question ..... hahaha
Why you sold the 993 RUF BTR2 (SOLD) ? That's one of a kind....
Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 PM

07 E63
Originally Posted by trinitony
Why you sold the 993 RUF BTR2 (SOLD) ? That's one of a kind....
haha your absolutely right that car was amazing two wheel drive, 500hp and 1300kilos ... do the math.....

Two kids and a two car garage killed that one. I had the E500, the RUF and the wife refused to drive either. She had a cheap station wagon for the kids that we parked in the driveway. ...... winter came and stuffed that plan right up.

A few trades later and she had a brand new Golf GTI with DSG and I got the E55. Back to happy families.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
lol ... so two days ago I was genuine and today I am not

Hi Jangy my name is Daniel please to meet you. You now have to say "yet to meet more than one"
My bad Daniel. I didn't mean you. I meant of the ones I have met in person and hung out with. None of that was aimed at you and I already acknowledged that you should enjoy your car. An E63 is a sweet ride.

and yes, now I'll say 2. Oddly enough, you are the second member I have met from NZ and both are cool
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 PM

07 E63
HAHA!! I hear ya!! Glad you love the ride. Cut out the resonators and you will love the sound. That high compression sings!!
Don't shoot me for being ignorant asking .... but has anyone removed the "honey comb" from within the cat converters?

Cutting out the resonators ...... how loud inside is it compared to stock ... has anyone done this and complained that it's too loud?

hahaha and I said stock ..... my god maybe I am becoming "not genuine!"
Old 03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
This E55 vs E63 battle will never end. It's funny, I remember almost the EXACT same arguments back in the day when Audi went V8 with the S4 from the TT V6. You had your tuner-crazy forced induction crowd versus the normally aspirated crowd. The battle still goes on to this very day.

Obviously what I have reflects what I like, most notably forced induction since all my cars have it... but at the same time the E63 is a gorgeous, capable, excellent product from AMG... enjoy it Dan.

-m
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM

07 E63
My bad Daniel. I didn't mean you. I meant of the ones I have met in person and hung out with. None of that was aimed at you and I already acknowledged that you should enjoy your car. An E63 is a sweet ride.

and yes, now I'll say 2. Oddly enough, you are the second member I have met from NZ and both are cool
heh ... not sure if this saying makes sense up there but I was only "taking the ****"

Have followed many of your posts over the 3 years and much respect brother

By the way ... open offer to any member traveling to our little island ... free airport pickup and tour for those stopping over in Wellington ... can even arrange a bite to eat .... don't get to the US often but is always fun to hook up and put a face to the sig. Just remember don't pack any nukes .... NZ is still a bit funny about those
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
This E55 vs E63 battle will never end. It's funny, I remember almost the EXACT same arguments back in the day when Audi went V8 with the S4 from the TT V6. You had your tuner-crazy forced induction crowd versus the normally aspirated crowd. The battle still goes on to this very day.

Obviously what I have reflects what I like, most notably forced induction since all my cars have it... but at the same time the E63 is a gorgeous, capable, excellent product from AMG... enjoy it Dan.

-m
Very diplomatic way to look at things

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye 55 Heeelllooo 63