Sponsored by:

E63 Pic's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
I really don't care for the new E class in general. It's also a lot bigger than the W211. But I guess as soon as MB/AMG decide to sling a v12 TT in the engine bay I'll change my mind.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
I like it more then in the begging when they first released the non amg models not as nice as the last model amg's but the tips are diffrent and if the clear part on the tails were smoked they would be nicer plus maybe a roof or trunk deck spoiler and it would liven it up abit, the tails almost ressemble the 335xi's a bit but im sure it will grow on all of use once we trade up for one haha.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
I really don't care for the new E class in general. It's also a lot bigger than the W211. But I guess as soon as MB/AMG decide to sling a v12 TT in the engine bay I'll change my mind.
BRABUS persuade you?...fail

-from Car & Driver

Brabus Unveils 800-hp E V12 Based on the New E-class Sedan

September 16, 2009 at 3:33 pm by Jake Holmes

Where to start with this car? Well, it’s a new Mercedes-Benz E-class modified by Brabus. Power comes from the V-12 engine normally found in the Mercedes S600, although in this case it’s tweaked to put out 800 hp and 811 lb-ft of torque. (The engine could make 1047 lb-ft, but is neutered so as not to destroy the transmission.) Brabus says 62 mph flashes by in 3.7 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 217 mph.
The power bump comes from stroking the 5.5-liter engine to 6.2 liters and adding higher-pressure turbochargers with four water-to-air intercoolers, along with a reprogrammed engine computer and less-restrictive exhaust system. The car’s five-speed automatic transmission had to be significantly beefed up for the extra power and it sports a limited-slip rear end. You can fully disable the E V12’s stability control system if you want, but that sounds unwise.

Brabus adds a load of carbon fiber for aerodynamics: a new hood, front splitter, rear spoiler, and rear diffuser, as well as “speed spads.” They’re covers for the rear wheels that add 1.4 inches to the E V12’s width and allegedly improve aerodynamic performance, but look seriously uncool.
Underneath is an all-new suspension with adjustable height, compression, and rebound settings. It all rides on 19-inch wheels wrapped in Pirelli or Yokohama tires. The E V12 gets heavy-duty brakes, too: 12-piston units with 15-inch vented discs for the front axle, six-piston units with 14.2-inch discs out back.
There’s still more. Inside are Brabus bucket seats and surfaces covered by Alcantara or leather. Brabus logos that glow blue are located in the fenders, door sills, and in front of the rear wheel arches. You can also opt to include a limited-edition Vertu Ascent cell phone that’s made of—you guessed it—carbon fiber.
If all that seems too much, Brabus says customers can opt for a 750-hp version without the aggressive bodywork. There will be just ten of these cars built and, should you want one, it’ll cost the equivalent of $732,000.
[View with PicLens]

Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Those tails-pipes on that EV12 are so ghey. Looks like they came off a stock Accord.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Those tails-pipes on that EV12 are so ghey. Looks like they came off a stock Accord.
...whey-ghey. looks like cousin It's car from the Adam's Family. I approve of the matte black, interior is nice too, and I'm sure that thing flys, but it is an eye sore.