Got a new AMG owner to race with in Arizona

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Got a new AMG owner to race with in Arizona

For all You Arizona guys we have a newbie to hit the track with. My younger brother just scored a CLS55 unmolested (not for long). So Lets plan on getting him out to the track for some baseline runs. He's a mod or two away from blowing me out of the water. I cant wait to line up with him at the track. Should make fro some good You Tube videos. I might need a Sneaky Pete just to keep the younger brother in check.

In any event he's got himself a really killer car with one of the best motors ever made in it.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 04-15-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
beautiful...that could very well be my next car!

let me know when you guys are going to be out there...we can gang up on some unsuspecting busters.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
i like the cls a lot. maybe the next project
Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT6
I'll be there friday night. What color? Those are very nice cars.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I'll be there friday night. What color? Those are very nice cars.
Silver. I think I might go too
Old 04-15-2009, 03:16 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Very nice I like silver especially when it's sapphire silver. LOL. He's going to give you a run for the money. Heck he's probably faster than me to. Low 12's is pretty easy. Better bring your A game. So you running trophy class? I may join you if not I'll run in the AZDRA race.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Evan, tell me if this sounds right to you. When I run the Hoosiers I run them at about 14psi. They hood great when they are hot there is no doubt about that, but they seem to flex alot. so when I'm bombing down the track the wheels from centripetal force grow in size from lack of psi and fewer steel belts. Do you think thats why i'm getting a CEL when i use them? Also do you think with the tire growing at speed under my wheel well is maybe causing me to have slower traps? Maybe creating a larger rotating mass?

The Hoosiers you gave me are just about done, thank you for them. I put down my best pass with them. I got a set of new M/T's I wanted to return but its to late so I might as well run them and see what times I get. If they are slower I'm ordering a new set of Hoosiers.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Very nice I like silver especially when it's sapphire silver. LOL. He's going to give you a run for the money. Heck he's probably faster than me to. Low 12's is pretty easy. Better bring your A game. So you running trophy class? I may join you if not I'll run in the AZDRA race.
I like running T&T, but it all depends where the best cars are.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
no pics??
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by MJ50
no pics??
He gets the car today
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
He gets the car today
ok, i'll wait a few hours...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

evan, how many runs will we get before we have to dial in for the bracket racing? i need to get some testing in but it's hard for me to pass up on competition.

btw, will your "connection" be there so i can run all out?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Do I smell Friday track time? Mikey I am going to run my MT's but if you want the Hoosiers to try out they have a few more passes left in them. play before you pay is always good.

BTW we dyno'ed My brothers CLS55 bone stock 430whp and 456wtq. I'm not even kidding you the car is stock. We even pulled his ECU and checked.All it had was the latest CLS55 update in it. Those are big numbers IMO, We were all checking the dyno to see if something was wrong. Mind you thats Dyno-Dynamics numbers too.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do I smell Friday track time? Mikey I am going to run my MT's but if you want the Hoosiers to try out they have a few more passes left in them. play before you pay is always good.

BTW we dyno'ed My brothers CLS55 bone stock 430whp and 456wtq. I'm not even kidding you the car is stock. We even pulled his ECU and checked.All it had was the latest CLS55 update in it. Those are big numbers IMO, We were all checking the dyno to see if something was wrong. Mind you thats Dyno-Dynamics numbers too.
what kind of rims are those hoosiers on and what's the size and offsets?

that cls is impressive! iirc, i put down 384rwhp on that dyno when i was stock. if you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did he get on it?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Damn, nice baseline. Pics when you can...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
what kind of rims are those hoosiers on and what's the size and offsets?

that cls is impressive! iirc, i put down 384rwhp on that dyno when i was stock. if you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did he get on it?
I'm goign to be swapping out the hoosiers this week when i can get to a tire store hoping tomorrow, they are on 16.7.5 rims the Hoosiers are (Evan Correct me if I'm wrong) 255x50x16

The CLS was $41K with 27000 miles its really nice. I was guessing 380whp too when i seen the graph go past that number and on into the 400's i was shocked. completely stock and old man driven.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by jangy
Damn, nice baseline. Pics when you can...
I guess the renntech guys who read the file said its among a small handful of cls55 that make that kind of power stock. On a side not the A/F was fat. Once he gets some mods under his belt its going to be insane.

We were joking that this car wasnt made during October fest like mine seemed to be.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Evan, tell me if this sounds right to you. When I run the Hoosiers I run them at about 14psi. They hood great when they are hot there is no doubt about that, but they seem to flex alot. so when I'm bombing down the track the wheels from centripetal force grow in size from lack of psi and fewer steel belts. Do you think thats why i'm getting a CEL when i use them? Also do you think with the tire growing at speed under my wheel well is maybe causing me to have slower traps? Maybe creating a larger rotating mass?

The Hoosiers you gave me are just about done, thank you for them. I put down my best pass with them. I got a set of new M/T's I wanted to return but its to late so I might as well run them and see what times I get. If they are slower I'm ordering a new set of Hoosiers.
Even if you had TPMS(Tire Pressure Monitoring System) valve stems installed on the wheels you would still get a CEL because of the low tire pressure. Mine throws the low tire warning, but no CEL. I know your system is different. If you put your stocks on and it goes away after a few miles then it's just the TPMS system doing it's job.

As for lower traps. You car is set up power wise just like the many bracket cars out there. Lots of torque and bottom end that will give you those great 60's. I'm not sure you want to tweak more top end. That's where the higher compression SC motors make their power. You still have plenty of pull while staying in the safe range. If you must tweak, which I know you will, dyno comp can tune a little more out of 3rd gear. Datalog to give them that info. It's the only real way for them to see real conditions and not on a dyno.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
evan, how many runs will we get before we have to dial in for the bracket racing? i need to get some testing in but it's hard for me to pass up on competition.

btw, will your "connection" be there so i can run all out?
3 time runs, but if you lose you can always go to the T&T lane. Don't think the owner will be there. I will ask the track manager for some grace. It's going to be chilly so track prep is going to be tricky.

I'm goign to be swapping out the hoosiers this week when i can get to a tire store hoping tomorrow, they are on 16.7.5 rims the Hoosiers are (Evan Correct me if I'm wrong) 255x50x16

The CLS was $41K with 27000 miles its really nice. I was guessing 380whp too when i seen the graph go past that number and on into the 400's i was shocked. completely stock and old man driven.
Yep that's the right size tire. That's the same size of rim I use. Mikey has had great results with the MT's, so you should be fine. They are the best two tires out there for what we do.

If I didn't need a truck I would have bought a CLS55. It's definately one of my favorites.