Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by harjothundal
i wouldn't trust a word that comes out of scott gibson's mouth... can't go into details, but lets just say we've gone at it before, to the point where i as a consumer got pissed off and called my buddies at the federal government... i was the person who reported them to the DOT and NHTSA starting the investigation... my family was endangered and mr gibson played it all off like a joke...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...219&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...796&highlight=

----

here was the end result

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...598&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=348289
Holy *****. Yeah, 360 must be REAL proud to have Scott Gibson onboard

Who in their right mind would hire that guy after his involvement with the exploding rims, government investigation, recall, and bankruptcy that happened at Sevas? He doesn't exactly have the strongest resume...

Although I guess he probably fits right in at 360, since Sevas was also a master of the "Let's blame our problems on the customer" approach...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
wow! Nice work sir, and may god bless you and your family.

Originally Posted by harjothundal
i wouldn't trust a word that comes out of scott gibson's mouth... can't go into details, but lets just say we've gone at it before, to the point where i as a consumer got pissed off and called my buddies at the federal government... i was the person who reported them to the DOT and NHTSA starting the investigation... my family was endangered and mr gibson played it all off like a joke...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...219&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...796&highlight=

----

here was the end result

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...598&highlight=

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=348289
Old 04-22-2009, 09:19 PM

BMW 7 series
Harjo is the man, he is the one that helped many other people by doing a story on the news about his sh*tty wheels
Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 PM

2005 E55, 2000 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
Originally Posted by cdd
Um...isn't this exact scenario what product liability insurance is for? Is it common for companies that do a good amount of business (i.e. those that don't run the business out of their garage) not to have it?
Their product liability insurance wouldn't cover their own faulty workmanship.
It would cover property damage or bodily injury to a third party because of their defect. If the wheel blew and caused the car to crash and someone got injured, then their liabilty would cover the suit from the third party for their loss.
If there was no damage or injury and just replacing the wheel, then they wouldn't have any cover.
To get a recall covered by insurance, you'd specifically have to request and purchase that separate coverage. It's not part of the liability. And I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't carry that coverage. It's expensive. Especially on an automotive part.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 AM

02 cl203
so why doesn't the MB staff come together and kick them out to protect their members?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by valexv
so why doesn't the MB staff come together and kick them out to protect their members?
Damn good question....this is totally unacceptable.

Lies about the lies that they lied about pretty much sums it up. I can't believe 360 actually thought we didn't know about this case, and who Scott is in regards to Sevas. Now that is has come to the light of day, I don't know about you guys, but is there no reasonable doubt anymore.

I was hoping that all would be made whole by the takeover of 360, but seeing the blatant lies instead of coming clean has me doubting past customers will be taken care of now. Like I said from the beginning, it's a nuclear bomb. All should clear from the blast zone for safe distance.

What really burns up my scruples meter and I am sure the customers out of money is, instead of being humble, and apologize for the mistakes and have some type of following as to "Hey guys we have taken care of, x, y, z said customers, it's been more of a "shut up", "deny all" scenario. In order to win back the confidence and trust you have got to show a solid track record of rebuild. Damn, you would have thought some businesses would have learned this by so many examples as of late.

JRCart mentioned it, where are the credit lines? Where are the posts from customers that got refunds and/or rims? I know they (Forged) said they would straighten this out. IDK, perhaps they still will? Now all are wondering, is it all smoke and mirrors?

Maybe this subject like 360/Sevas/Forged Distributing is done. Well, in regards to many car forums. Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Sport HSE
This whole thread is a waste of time. If you want 360 forged wheels buy them from COR directly.

Problem solved.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Saab Viggen, 72 Porsche
Originally Posted by theeddie
this reminds me of hennessey motorsports. if that a**hole thief can make it, im sure you guys can as well. good luck
OMG, so true! I had a viper way back and what a douche-bag that guy was!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
They are now looking for "select vehicles for exclusive sponsorship" on the non-AMG forums.... does this mean all backorders have now been fulfilled?
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...portunity.html
Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 PM

when not riding the bus
Originally Posted by valexv
Sorry this isn't going to be the shortest answer - but its a good question.

As we understand it.
360 Forged was previously owned by 2 people, Alain and Jordan.
As I understand it, around 2 years Alain left 360 Forged and started a separate company, Modular Concepts.
360 Forged began having issues delivering product to MBWorld users (in addition to 2 other forums that they sponsor that are owned by Internet Brands), as a result of their inability to rectify these issues, their sponsorship was revoked and they were banned.

Alain returned to 360 Forged, and as I understand took over the sales and manufacturing side of 360 Forged recently, and combined them with the existing companies System Forged and Modular Concepts.
This company (which as I understand) runs the sales for 360 Forged, System Forged and Modular concepts is called System Forged.

Based on a couple of items
  • Their progress with a number of the users that have outstanding orders from 360 (bear in mind I think we have around 40 users that either have, or have had outstanding orders with 360 across 3 of our sites that I am aware of).
  • The separate management team (and a lack of complaints with them to our understanding)
System Forged were allowed as a vendor. 360 Forged are still not, that status may change if they are able to meet some of the expectations that we have outlined for them.

As with all vendors, while we will attempt to provide support with issues to help our users (I think I have close to 1000 e-mails with regards to 360 forged issues and I have no idea how many phone calls - and I am most certainly not on 360's payroll), we ultimately are not responsible for poor service etc. of our vendors and we would encourage all users to shop carefully.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
System Forged were allowed as a vendor. 360 Forged are still not, that status may change if they are able to meet some of the expectations that we have outlined for them.

As with all vendors, while we will attempt to provide support with issues to help our users (I think I have close to 1000 e-mails with regards to 360 forged issues and I have no idea how many phone calls - and I am most certainly not on 360's payroll), we ultimately are not responsible for poor service etc. of our vendors and we would encourage all users to shop carefully.
Well at least you're semi-honest about it; if a scumbag vendor is willing to pay IB to advertise on IB's websites, IB will gladly forego any ethical or moral responsibility to its end users and simply flip them the bird by saying "buyer beware" (as you essentially did above) and will gladly accept the monies paid by the some of the criminal sponsors advertising here.

This business practice by IB, of course, was already highly suspected by many of us based on IB's coddling of other malcreant sponsors in the past; now you've removed any remaining shred of doubt about IB's ethical practices. What you're really doing is devaluing the legitimate sponsors who support this Board. If I were one, I would forego advertising on this board in order to avoid being associated with the dishonest sponsors you routinely faciliate and protect. Pathetic corporate behavior by IB.

Last edited by komp55; 05-01-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
^ yup. you pretty much hit the nail directly on the head. money talks, legal business practices can walk. screw being honest and legitimate bc you can just pay to be a sponsor and not worry about taking care of your customers or even delivering what you sell. it just sucks for the decent vendors bc you basically said not to trust any of them.

i feel bad for the peolpe that got screwed and i feel bad for the respectable vendors bc its hard for anyone to have confidence in any of them now. are there not enough decent vendors so they have to take money from crooks? the fact that they would consider making them a sponsor again is outright insane, is money that tight???
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
It actually makes the respectable vendors look that much better in my opinion.

What it does not help with is the new forum members who do not know any better and have not had the time or inclination to do their homework before shelling out good money to bad vendors.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Just watched that YouTube vid...and there's no way I would by from ANY company that Jordan is associated with. I wouldn't care he was lead floor sweeper, if any company thinks he is worth having around...then that company is worthless. Forged DST can rename the company to whatever they like, and try to convince me their's new mgmt...but if Jordan is still there, I will spend my money elsewhere.

It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by buzzards.

On a side note: I did send a PM regarding the System Forged "sponsorship" a few days ago with some questions. I got a blanket reply that didn't answer ANY of the questions I had asked. Plus, the "discount" amounted to the exact price on the website that it appears is standard price. I was skeptical at first....but now I just know this is 360 Forgery - The Remix...

Last edited by FormulaZR; 05-01-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:57 AM

2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Timeless
It actually makes the respectable vendors look that much better in my opinion.
how exactly does a IB staff member saying you cant trust their own sponsors make the respectable vendors look that much better?

are you reasured by the fact that by his own admission they would consider taking 360 back even after the countless lies, having ignored paid customers with legitimate issues, and outright fraud they commited to many fellow members?

are you happy they were allowed to simply change names and become a sponsor again?

are you ignorant of the fact they have multiple well-known crooks working there or does that not bother you?

are you excited to do business with them or would you recommend them to your friends/family??

if you really think this whole thing makes any vendor that is a sponsor on this site look good you must be either insane or smoking a lot more powerful stuff than i am. wake up dude, this makes this site look really bad thus anyone assoicated it is cast in the same negative light.

how is someone coming to this site for the first time supposed to know the difference between a shady scam artist sponsor or a legitimate one?

Last edited by sleewell; 05-01-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
we are not responsible for poor service etc. of our vendors and we would encourage all users to shop carefully.
You may not be legally responsible for 360 Forged's issues, but you're certainly morally/ethically responsible for every customer that got ripped off after you had notice of the problems but did nothing about it because you didn't want to endanger your sponsorship fees.

You already acknowledged you received 1,000 emails and multiple phone calls about the 360 Forged problems, and that places you in a unique position. You have more information about this situation than anybody else did, including the customers with outstanding orders. That you would sit idly by and do nothing, while new people placed orders that you had every reason to believe probably wouldn't get filled is just plain wrong.

I don't care about legally or morally or whatever distinction you want to draw, it's just wrong. The membership is what adds value to this site, and with all due respect (I know this is your house and all), what you did amounts to biting the hand that feeds you.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by CWW
You may not be legally responsible for 360 Forged's issues, but you're certainly morally/ethically responsible for every customer that got ripped off after you had notice of the problems but did nothing about it because you didn't want to endanger your sponsorship fees.

You already acknowledged you received 1,000 emails and multiple phone calls about the 360 Forged problems, and that places you in a unique position. You have more information about this situation than anybody else did, including the customers with outstanding orders. That you would sit idly by and do nothing, while new people placed orders that you had every reason to believe probably wouldn't get filled is just plain wrong.

I don't care about legally or morally or whatever distinction you want to draw, it's just wrong. The membership is what adds value to this site, and with all due respect (I know this is your house and all), what you did amounts to biting the hand that feeds you.
I predict a bogus probation or ban in your future...

God forbid you speak out against IB in that way...LOL, like you said they should have terminated 360 sponsorship months before they did, now Jordan backdoored his way back by them changing the company name and adding a few new profile names. I'm sure they are going to dupe a few more customers, but I am going to do my best to make sure nobody else gets hosed. I have a friend that is still waiting for a set of wheels that he has pretty much written off along with the $2500 or so deposit he sent them months ago.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by jrcart

God forbid you speak out against IB in that way...LOL, like you said they should have terminated 360 sponsorship months before they did, now Jordan backdoored his way back by them changing the company name and adding a few new profile names. I'm sure they are going to dupe a few more customers, but I am going to do my best to make sure nobody else gets hosed. I have a friend that is still waiting for a set of wheels that he has pretty much written off along with the $2500 or so deposit he sent them months ago.
It's a sucky situation, and it just seems like something should have been done sooner to protect people from getting ripped off.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 AM

CLS55
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-update-9.html
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM

2011 E350 4matic

is this what they meant by the "new" management making good on all the "mistakes" of the past? looks like more of the same from these crooks. funny how they take a brillo pad to some poor saps wheels and charge him 1400 when they said it would be 1100.

i'm soooooo glad they are a new sponsor of this site. way to go guys, keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 PM

when not riding the bus
Originally Posted by komp55
Well at least you're semi-honest about it; if a scumbag vendor is willing to pay IB to advertise on IB's websites, IB will gladly forego any ethical or moral responsibility to its end users and simply flip them the bird by saying "buyer beware" (as you essentially did above) and will gladly accept the monies paid by the some of the criminal sponsors advertising here.

This business practice by IB, of course, was already highly suspected by many of us based on IB's coddling of other malcreant sponsors in the past; now you've removed any remaining shred of doubt about IB's ethical practices. What you're really doing is devaluing the legitimate sponsors who support this Board. If I were one, I would forego advertising on this board in order to avoid being associated with the dishonest sponsors you routinely faciliate and protect. Pathetic corporate behavior by IB.
Our interest is the users.
Banning sponsors doesn't get anyone the wheels that they rightly paid for.
I would suggest (as I mentioned above) that people research any company before purchasing, be they a sponsor of one of our sites, or not.
I would like to think that our sponsors are indeed all reputable companies, and address all customer concerns, and it is unfortunate in some situations they are not.
Where we become aware of concerns, we will attempt to address them to the best of our ability, knowing that our main priorities are first to rectify existing concerns, and to prevent future concerns occurring.
Originally Posted by jrcart

I am not here to defend Jordan/360 Forged/Forged distributing - if anything I have been more disgusted with the whole situation than anyone else.
Your friend is more than welcome to e-mail me: adrian.harris@internetbrands.com with his name (if he hasn't already), and I will add him to the list of customer issues I am working to get resolved.
Originally Posted by CWW
To my knowledge, we had one gentleman who had a concern with 360 forged previously, which I believe was rectified (the gentleman that was a user of MBworld that was waiting on his carbon fiber centers).
It was approximately 2 months ago that we received a number of inquiries from users about 360 forged. We inquired with 360 forged, their responses were not satisfactory, so we banned their account, with the caveat that their only possibility of returning as a sponsor was to rectify all of these issues.

In all honesty, my main concern with 360 Forged (and I think that of the users) has been the communication from them - or lack there of it, and when it exists it doesn't befit a user that has had to wait 6months for an $8k set of wheels.
I do - its a complex situation, and I am pretty sure I am just touching the surface of it.
I don't think we are idly sitting by - when we were aware of the concerns users were experiencing, we did our best (and continue to do so) to attempt to get our users rectified.
Alain had to jump through a number of hoops to get back here as a sponsor - and we told him what kind of reaction he was going to get.
He was brave enough to accept it.
I am not going to disagree.
If I knew what was going to happen 12 months ago with 360 Forged, we wouldn't have wasted our time having them as a sponsor.
Its not worth if for our users. That said - this is where we are, we can either try to help fix the problem others have made, or ignore the situation.

Last edited by IB Adrian; 05-01-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Holy goat ***** batman. 360Forgery should be burned to the ground.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Holy goat ***** batman. 360Forgery should be burned to the ground.

I cant see the pics.. Need to be a member, no interest in joining the vette forums.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 PM

when not riding the bus
Here you go:

Pretty horrific job. The user (as I understand) received a full refund.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Just watched that YouTube vid...and there's no way I would by from ANY company that Jordan is associated with. I wouldn't care he was lead floor sweeper, if any company thinks he is worth having around...then that company is worthless. Forged DST can rename the company to whatever they like, and try to convince me their's new mgmt...but if Jordan is still there, I will spend my money elsewhere.
Yeah, no kidding. I had no clue that guy was him. Amazing. What a classy guy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 360 FORGED UPDATE...