Sponsored by:

E63 - Any Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Silver: Previous Rides : E55 Black x 3
E63 - Any Issues

After owning 3 E55's and heading towards early retirement I thought I would throttle back and get myself something sensible.

After running a BMW 535d for three months (brilliant engine) I'm yearning to return to the club and I have my eye on a good spec'd late 07 Silver E63, can anyone let me know if there has been any issues with this car.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 PM

Obsidian E55
One big major fault, its SLOWER than the 55

Last edited by andy_cyp; 04-17-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by andy_cyp
One big major fault, its SLOWER that the 55
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM

2007 E63 AMG, 2012 F250 4x4

Here we go again!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The E63 is extremely reliable. I've taken mine to multiple drag strips and road courses and it only keeps getting stronger . I haven't had any major problems with mine yet. Just make sure you get the latest software updates from the dealer once you do get the car. Also, depending on how late of a build that 2007 E63 is, you may have to go in for a couple of re-calls, but nothing major. The brake squeak issue seems to be affecting all 63 models and is not not exclusive to the E63, but was resolved by Mercedes after issuing "revised" pads. If the car you're looking at never got the upgraded pads, then you may have to apply paste to get rid of the annoying squeals at least until your next brake change is due. Once you are ready to change your brakes, make sure the dealer actually orders the new "revised" pads (new part numbers), as they have a tendency to order the same exact pads using the same old part numbers listed on the parts they're replacing

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-18-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon

Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
I don't know about anyone else, but I was getting pulsation in my front brakes at 7500 miles, they replaced rotors and pads up front under warranty, but now at 23k I'm getting the pulsation again. At 2900 bucks a pop, that's not insignificant. Anyone feel free to PM me if you've found a cheaper solution. I do drive the car hard, though.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by blk07bruins63
Here we go again!!!!!!!
JK guys, take a chill pill......
Old 04-18-2009, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
I have had the driver door keyless go function fail, but it was fixed quick - loose wire.

Mechanical mechanism opening the multi-cd door jamed and also fixed in 2 hrs.

Squeeks more than I would like. Likely the pano roof, but I have not treated the door seals with 303 in a long time.

Makes my cheeks hurt from smiling all the time!!!!!

Truely a sexy beast!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
i got a 08 e63 and since i have i have had the following issues ,

keyless drivers door ,pano roof switch, passenger seatbelt chime keeps ringing , motor mounts and tranny mounts . and a wierd knock upon cold weather starts until oil temps hit 70 .

car has 24k miles and i also am on my 3rd set of rear wheels . just threw michilen p2's all around and they hook alot better with traction off.

Not faster than a stock 55 on a roll but race from a dead stop and its a different story . for a 4 door car with no blower its very respectful and after u beat your first ferrari you will think the same
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Have only minor issues with the ride. Steering angle sensor went bad. The stealer washed the car and scratched the hood.

On third set of tires and yes the rears go bad in record time, say 6-7K and that is with taking it easy.

Insurance is high and gas mileage sucks.

Get a radar dector and watch out.

Getting tired of cleaning off brake dust.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by sack5000
Have only minor issues with the ride. Steering angle sensor went bad. The stealer washed the car and scratched the hood.

On third set of tires and yes the rears go bad in record time, say 6-7K and that is with taking it easy.

You didn't say much positive about the car...do you like it & plan to keep it? Seems like you're not happy w/it.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 AM

'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Originally Posted by sack5000

Same thing as the E55's he has.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 AM

Thumbs up

about 40k miles so far...

Sometimes the keyless has a delay, like I have to squeeze it again.

I had issues w/ the multi CD door, not jamming, but no longer triggering from the button, it would work sometimes and not other times, I had the whole command unit replaced later, this fixed it.

You will hardly notice the corning lights.

I had a slave cylinder or something in the clutch go bad (4k miles) and it would fall on its face during shifts, fixed now, no problems since.

I had the Command system shut down on a road trip once when I needed the nav. parked, turned car off, back on, waited 5, that whole thing and it didn't work. about 40min+ later, I hit the power button while driving and it finally came back on.

Nav is same old lameo nav from the 55

voice command kinda sucks

ipod intigration doesn't work w/ 3g iphone (not using the phone at the same time) They came out with some stupid *** cradle that didn't really solve the problem, I just leave iphone in pocket and hook up another ipod

pano roof does make noises, not too bad, I still love it. It does NOT auto close, you have to hold the button, this is because it doesn't have pinch guard and it doesn't have it because there is no room to put the mechanics up there. (or so I have been told)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE DISTRONIC!!! Sometimes it goes inoperable during the rain or when it gets stuff on it, stop, wipe the shield, wipe the unit (open hood) hop back on the road, keep the party goin'

SRS logo came off the back door, from the leather... need to get this fixed this, unlike the other issues may be because I had a boo boo and those airbags blew, have been replace since, maybe not properly.

GET A P30 with DISTRONIC!!! (cause they grow on trees, haha, good luck getting one with just distronic)

All this being said, I love it, its a good car, its costly upkeep, I am not sure the differences between this and an E55.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:24 AM

E63 Silver: Previous Rides : E55 Black x 3
E63 - Any Issues

Thanks Guys, appreciate you all taking the time to respond.....Collect the E63 next week from the dealers, post some pics...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by blk07bruins63
Here we go again!!!!!!!
IT'S TRUE!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 PM

2008 E63, White/Black, P030
Originally Posted by intellilogic
about 40k miles so far...

Sometimes the keyless has a delay, like I have to squeeze it again.

I had issues w/ the multi CD door, not jamming, but no longer triggering from the button, it would work sometimes and not other times, I had the whole command unit replaced later, this fixed it.

You will hardly notice the corning lights.

I had a slave cylinder or something in the clutch go bad (4k miles) and it would fall on its face during shifts, fixed now, no problems since.

I had the Command system shut down on a road trip once when I needed the nav. parked, turned car off, back on, waited 5, that whole thing and it didn't work. about 40min+ later, I hit the power button while driving and it finally came back on.

Nav is same old lameo nav from the 55

voice command kinda sucks

ipod intigration doesn't work w/ 3g iphone (not using the phone at the same time) They came out with some stupid *** cradle that didn't really solve the problem, I just leave iphone in pocket and hook up another ipod

pano roof does make noises, not too bad, I still love it. It does NOT auto close, you have to hold the button, this is because it doesn't have pinch guard and it doesn't have it because there is no room to put the mechanics up there. (or so I have been told)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE DISTRONIC!!! Sometimes it goes inoperable during the rain or when it gets stuff on it, stop, wipe the shield, wipe the unit (open hood) hop back on the road, keep the party goin'

SRS logo came off the back door, from the leather... need to get this fixed this, unlike the other issues may be because I had a boo boo and those airbags blew, have been replace since, maybe not properly.

GET A P30 with DISTRONIC!!! (cause they grow on trees, haha, good luck getting one with just distronic)

All this being said, I love it, its a good car, its costly upkeep, I am not sure the differences between this and an E55.
The E63 looks much slick than the E55 for sure.

That is alot of problems for an 08 E63! Did the dealer took care of all the problems and costs? Mine is only 14k miles all options include the performance package except disctronic and I hope it will not have that much problems.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 AM

It's not that bad really, I am getting into the nitty gritty, dealership has covered everything, yea.

The slave cylinder or what ever it was, in the clutch going bad (4k miles) was really the worst and most upsetting. Dealership said they couldn't fix it until it gave an error!!! I was like WTF! It took 2 weeks before it gave me an error. I raced a stock STR-8 and lost because of this, can jumpped him off the line, first shift, the car **** its self and took forever to shift each gear, we are talking 5 full seconds here, while my car is not getting any power to the wheels, just coasting and thinking or what ever it was doing. Well, it was more negative than that, because it would pull back actually, not coast, it would fall on its nose, really unpleasantly. No problems since then.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by intellilogic
It's not that bad really, I am getting into the nitty gritty, dealership has covered everything, yea.

The slave cylinder or what ever it was, in the clutch going bad (4k miles) was really the worst and most upsetting. Dealership said they couldn't fix it until it gave an error!!! I was like WTF! It took 2 weeks before it gave me an error. I raced a stock STR-8 and lost because of this, can jumpped him off the line, first shift, the car **** its self and took forever to shift each gear, we are talking 5 full seconds here, while my car is not getting any power to the wheels, just coasting and thinking or what ever it was doing. Well, it was more negative than that, because it would pull back actually, not coast, it would fall on its nose, really unpleasantly. No problems since then.
Come to think of it, its good to have them break down early then after the warranty expires.

Glad to hear all your car problems was properly taken care of, but aren't all E63 autos, clutch sounds like a manual term?

My car looks just like yours everything! except I have "lame" parktronics (I don't need it, but it came with it when bought used).
The changing text and picture display looks really cool on your CP, how do you do that? I have not been able to even post a full size pic on my threads, only thumbnails.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM

'09 AMG E63
Had mine for 2 mos. & love it. No issues; however the Harmon Kardon sound system is woefully weak on bass. My wife's Lexus LS460L sound system blows the MB away. Even my Tundra pickup stereo sounds better.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:35 PM

2009 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by StevesE63
Had mine for 2 mos. & love it. No issues; however the Harmon Kardon sound system is woefully weak on bass. My wife's Lexus LS460L sound system blows the MB away. Even my Tundra pickup stereo sounds better.

I agree. It is one of the worst sounding systems I've heard. The Mark Levenson system in our Lexus is awesome.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 PM

My 2008 sounds really good on the low octaves, especially the Pirates of the Caribbean sountrack of the Kraken. Could it be the 09 are different? I noticed the command is different, it looks like the new c class command.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by KV3BLUE
My 2008 sounds really good on the low octaves, especially the Pirates of the Caribbean sountrack of the Kraken. Could it be the 09 are different? I noticed the command is different, it looks like the new c class command.
No, the 2003 to 2009 sound system in the E-Class with all its variations just flat out terrible. It is average at best. The system in my Acura TL destroys it in quality and cleanliness of sound.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Not sure about sound quality, but 2009s definitely are a new style/different look.....
Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
There is an easy fix for sound. Upgrade your sub and its all good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 - Any Issues