Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I just dont need this tease on Sunday... tell or ban!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Vic55
I just dont need this tease on Sunday... tell or ban!!!!
This has to be about his custom long-tube headers. I know they were suppose to be fabricated by MHP. Then again, Andy is no longer a sponsor but maybe Rick forgot that he got the boot.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
the vendor needs to be outed. this forum has always been about helping and protecting fellow members...not serving vendors. do the right thing rick!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
If it's been a year and it's who we think it is.....this will go on indefinitely Rick.

It drove me insane. Having someone tell you straight up, "Okay this is it best buddy!!! You'll be all set tomorrow!" , only to have another promise and another lie follow right after.

I just can't imagine how these guys sleep at night knowing that their entire operation is built on lies and scamming.

Plus Rick, if it is who we think, they really aren't gonna care if you go public anyway.

One thing is for sure, they are the masters of mind games so 100% expect, "Well I have the check right in my hand!! JUST about to drop it in the mailbox/paypal/fedex/chargeback blah blah blah...BUT THEN, I read your post. Now I just can't give you the money back"

All lies brotha.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
If it's been a year and it's who we think it is.....this will go on indefinitely Rick.

It drove me insane. Having someone tell you straight up, "Okay this is it best buddy!!! You'll be all set tomorrow!" , only to have another promise and another lie follow right after.

I just can't imagine how these guys sleep at night knowing that their entire operation is built on lies and scamming.

Plus Rick, if it is who we think, they really aren't gonna care if you go public anyway.

One thing is for sure, they are the masters of mind games so 100% expect, "Well I have the check right in my hand!! JUST about to drop it in the mailbox/paypal/fedex/chargeback blah blah blah...BUT THEN, I read your post. Now I just can't give you the money back"

All lies brotha.
Guys, If I say whom it's not then I may as well say who it is I stated that I would wait ONE more week, so I must hold to my word. Posting this here I feel will do a few major things,
#1 Get my money
#2 help the Vendor realize we are what keeps the MOD shops open
#3 They will think twice about thier work practices

I'm not here to say use or not use this vendor I am just stating what has happened to me and to make all aware.
If a week goes by and I do not get my refund then ALL WILL BE TOLD, as to not let this happen to others.. I real hope this Vendor takes car of this matter.. I know times are hard but LETS KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN

Last edited by rarfinancial; 04-26-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Guys, If I say whom it's not then I may as well say who it is I stated that I would wait ONE more week, so I must hold to my word...
actually you originally just asked a question instead of making any statements or giving your word ("or should I not state the name and give them ONE more week to settle up?").

now that we have that clear...fess up!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
What a waste of time this is BUT gotta do what I gotta do
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 PM

a g
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Rick you are a valued member here, I would caution you in helping to perpetuate the problem, by using us. What I mean by this is, your tactic may get your money back but the reality is that Newbie Johnny just put down a deposit for the same thing you did. The problem continues. And nobody knows about it! If the vendor pays you on Monday will you still post the name?
Threats are for kids, Real men take action. OUT'EM
Life lesson "deposit" to those that think a deposit is a good thing you are right, it is the first indicator the person/contractor/company has no cash and is in trouble. I hear deposit and laugh my *** off and walk out. I don't have the time to fool around.
I would argue that taking a deposit doesn't necessarily mean the company has no money in the slightest. It more aptly (at least in the normal situations) means that the company doesn't want to be stuck with unsellable products.

I could buy quite of bit of special order product with the capital on hand, but I won't order any of it without a deposit from my customers simply for the reason I don't want to buy something to have it taking up unnecessary space, or worse be out myself $4000.

Sorry to threadjack a little, but not every retailer or vendor is in the same cast as those that don't have the cash availible and require deposits.

Rar,

Sorry to see this happen to someone. I'll commend you on being so patient with the whole ordeal. I would (even though I'm quite patient myself) have said something months ago.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
The way I see it is... Are we going to be given a heads up or not? Keeping tight lipped might end up doing more harm than good. Possibly letting other members fall victim too.

I hope you get this worked out one way or another.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
I would say let the community know even if it does get settled. That gives the consumer the knowledge that if they are to do business with said company then expect a long delay and many head aches. It really helps the decision process.

I know when we are back ordered a month on something I start to feel like sh*t. A year with no delivery is just unprofessional.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:56 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
I know you said one more week. But c'mon, I think the name should be brought out. Even if your issue gets resolved in a week, another member on the board may have to go through the same trouble with this same vendor and they'll be able to get away with it for another year by preying on another victim. Please tell.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rock
This has to be about his custom long-tube headers. I know they were suppose to be fabricated by MHP. Then again, Andy is no longer a sponsor but maybe Rick forgot that he got the boot.
Probably the other three letter vendor that ends in a P.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Rick is talking about me.

I was working on a supercharger project for his CLS63. He put down a deposit and we started working on it. It took longer than expected, it was cancelled and restarted numerous times by Rick. Then he decided on a long tube headers project and that was cancelled again, twice as recently as last week. Unfortunately, all has cost me well beyond what was originally paid as a deposit.

There is a lot more to this story and I am not going to start bashing my client on this public board. I ask the same from Rick as well.

Rick you have my phone number. You called me three weeks ago on it to talk about the headers and to plan to order the parts for them. Please call me again and we will come to a solution.

Thank you for listening.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ FD

I was working on a supercharger project for his CLS63. He put down a deposit and we started working on it. It took longer than expected, it was cancelled and restarted numerous times by Rick. Then he decided on a long tube headers project and that was cancelled again, twice as recently as last week. Unfortunately, all has cost me well beyond what was originally paid as a deposit.

There is a lot more to this story and I am not going to start bashing my client on this public board. I ask the same from Rick as well.

Rick you have my phone number. You called me three weeks ago on it to talk about the headers and to plan to order the parts for them. Please call me again and we will come to a solution.

Thank you for listening.
Wow, sad to hear that this is about VRP. I never expected it.

May I suggest that you two work it out and come to some sort of middle grounds on this. I know business doesn't always come through smoothly, and there's certainly always two sides to a story. With a legitimate dispute, both of you may have to take some loss on each end to be able to work this through. Think compromise. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Wow, sad to hear that this is about VRP. I never expected it.

May I suggest that you two work it out and come to some sort of middle grounds on this. I know business doesn't always come through smoothly, and there's certainly always two sides to a story. With a legitimate dispute, both of you may have to take some loss on each end to be able to work this through. Think compromise. Good luck.

Well said.

I'm glad Vadim came out openly and admitted that Rick was talking about him. I sure these two well respected members could work something out offline and resolve this issue.

Like Aipod said, there is always 2 sides of the story and I'm sure there's plenty of reading in between the lines. Good luck to the both of you.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM

2008 E63, White/Black, P030
Can you imagine how many nights of lost sleep over this situation. When I paid for my E63 to be shipped from TX to CA I could not really sleep until it was in my driveway and that was only 3 days. Even though it was in my driveway I did not really sleep well until I received the plates and the registration papers another 3 weeks! I heard since the economy is so bad some dealers just take your money and run and never paid the title holder the money. I feel your pain man! Do what ever you have to do to get your money back, then decide whats next.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Wow, sad to hear that this is about VRP.
I dunno if it really is "VRP". I thought Vadim went out on his own recently, and started up his own shop...

Is this issue with Vadim's new shop, or with Victor/VRP?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just for the record (and future searchers)

I wasn't talkin about VRP.

Other tuner that ends in P
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by CWW
I dunno if it really is "VRP". I thought Vadim went out on his own recently, and started up his own shop...

I don't recall any involvement from Victor & VRP and it is interesting the recent split. I am sure we will have clarity soon.
EDIT
FYI here is the 63 Supercharger thread from Aug 07 Victor did make posts but more along the line of support for Vadim.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-63s-m156.html

Last edited by Yacht Master; 04-26-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63

Thank you for listening.
I will not get into a pissing contest with Vadim. Vadim say anything again that is fales I will open the bag of worms. You and I both know what is the truth. Why would we still be talking of this a whole year later? Just do the right thing man. Guys I am off tho AZ for new mods.. I will let you all know what happens..
Old 04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by CWW

Well... it must've at least originated as a VRP issue, if it's almost a year old now - FD is, what, a couple weeks old?

That said, liability over projects under development and awaiting completion (as well as client remuneration if the work isn't completed under the agreed parameters between vendor/client) was likely covered by the two entities when they decided on a split. Given Vadim's post above, it sounds like FD may be the firm that is responsible for the resolution of this particular issue.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I will not get into a pissing contest with Vadim. Vadim say anything again that is fales I will open the bag of worms. You and I both know what is the truth. Why would we still be talking of this a whole year later? Just do the right thing man. Guys I am off tho AZ for new mods.. I will let you all know what happens..

May I ask were you are getting your work done in AZ?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Thank you for listening.
Two HIGHLY acclaimed individuals here and I wish the best to two both of them. As was stated above, please don't post dirty laudry here and just come to an amicable conclusion. Again, Best wishes to BOTH of you

See yeah
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Wow, hope everything works out for both parties. Unfortunately more and more, it looks to me like the big name, established tuners are the way to go for ANY modifications.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by lauer87
Wow, hope everything works out for both parties. Unfortunately more and more, it looks to me like the big name, established tuners are the way to go for ANY modifications.
Why do you say that? I think VRP and LET for example are more customer oriented than the "bigger guys." Maybe I'm wrong, but I think smaller outfits like VRP and LET will work with you as much as they can. The bigger guys will treat you like a number. As with any larger business, they can care less if you walked out unhappy and decide to post your opinions on a board.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***