*** SCAM BY WELL KNOWN VENDOR ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Posting in a public forum does absolutely no good for your case if you plan on litigating. Unless Rick's bluffing the attorney would have told him to stop posting many pages back. I know first hand because I DID sue a vendor and got much less in the settlement than I should have because of some posts I made which were absolutley true but were not looked upon favorably by the judge. The bottom line is refer to the document on which the $4,000 was paid for. There's no need to pressure the vendor unless you don't have proof that this was just a deposit on paper.

Rick is making it public that he has asked numerous times for his money back.
Vadim has chose not to make public the reason Rick has not been given his money back.

If Vadim told Rick back in October: " Mr. Rar, I spent over 80 hrs working on your install and you cancelled it, I need to be paid x/hr. My labor=x, sorry but I cannot refund your non refundable deposit as you actually owe me 6k for labor."

It seems Rick has been told, " I will get you the money next week", "next month", "this week", "tomorrow" ,etc..

Likely this was a verbal agreement , rather than put on paper. You can see hints of what transpired in the other thread. If Rick paid 4k for the install and gifted his car for R&D he should be entitled to some portion , perhaps the entire amount since Vadim likely benefited from using ricks CLS for fabrication of the manifold and other parts necessary for install.

Guys really its not that complicated, refund all the money, refund a % of the money or refund nothing and put the SC on my car free.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
It's always three sides to every story:

1. Your side

2. His side

3. The truth
Old 05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by bassn_07
How can you ask Vadim to refund the full amount without knowing the whole story ?? What about the cost Vadim might have accrued? Without having all the facts it would be impossible for any of us to try and decide what would be best...silly. Like many have stated before this is something that needs to worked out between both of them, if not legal action would be the next step.
This has already been discussed, of course there is cost of time and/or materials. Based on one fact though, nothing was delivered and the customer-business relationship is sour. I am not taking sides with Rick or Vadim, but litigation costs money and time. Possibly more money and time than the cost of the entire project itself. We don't know this, but would it really be worth it? You have to analyze this as a business owner, which I am sure the parties involved are.

As having dealt with situations like this before, it may be more beneficial to refund or refund a pro-rated amount to Rick and be done with it. If it goes to litigation it will be aired here and could possibly do damage to Vadim's reputation, because we don't know all the facts, and on the outside looking in, it looks as a customer handled in an unfavorable manner.

It's not silly at all, and hopefully a resolution will come about soon.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Sorry, on vacation and taking a quick net update brake while the family sleeps. This thread was reported a few times and while I am not sure why no other mod/admin has stepped in, someone needs to.

Rar has stated his side. Vadim has stated his side and asked to be contacted.

This thread will be closed until one or the other PM's me with an update. Continued discussion will not do any good to either party or the membership.

Brad