Sponsored by:

* Northern Virginia NOVA *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
My buddy E55 COP just bought a '05 E55 with 43K miles for $27K. He lives out in Loudoun Co.

One place that is always packed with GTRs, Z06s, RX7s, Domestics is Chic Fillet on Frdays from 5ish to 9pm off R 28N near the Dulles Town Center Mall. We could meet up there.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by e55 baller
My buddy E55 COP just bought a '05 E55 with 43K miles for $27K. He lives out in Loudoun Co.

One place that is always packed with GTRs, Z06s, RX7s, Domestics is Chic Fillet on Frdays from 5ish to 9pm off R 28N near the Dulles Town Center Mall. We could meet up there.
for real? Last time I was there all I saw were honda ****ics and bunch of ricers. Not a single European made car
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM

'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
Oh, I crashed the BMW meet, haha. I went with an M5, I won 4 to 1, he kinda cheated on the one that he won, but whatever. He made lots of whiney excuses on all the reasons he lost, but he didn't loose by just a little bit... It was his idea to race, he choose the place and the conditions, 30 roll... He got STOMP STOMP STOMPED

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=E60-E63.flv
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by e55 baller
Wow!

Chic Fil A is mostly muscle cars earlier and then when night falls all the imports come out and the domestics leave. If you all plan on meeting up somewhere one night let me know and I will come hang out
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by intellilogic
Oh, I crashed the BMW meet, haha. I went with an M5, I won 4 to 1, he kinda cheated on the one that he won, but whatever. He made lots of whiney excuses on all the reasons he lost, but he didn't loose by just a little bit... It was his idea to race, he choose the place and the conditions, 30 roll... He got STOMP STOMP STOMPED

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=E60-E63.flv
LoL. Wish I could have been there to play
Nice kill!
I never seem to find ANY good races. Seems to only happen for me like maybe once a month if I am lucky!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
LoL. Wish I could have been there to play
Nice kill!
I never seem to find ANY good races. Seems to only happen for me like maybe once a month if I am lucky!
how about the drag strip?

I never understood how/why people race on the street and can definitavely quantify a win. There are too many factors, traffic patterns, variables, not to mention it's not a clearly defined race, with a marked start and end. I mean playing around on the street with another fast car I can understand but I think that if people want to actually catagorize wins etc...it should be in a controlled environment with measures and constraints...either on a drag strip or on a proffesional closed course/racing circuit where race perameters are defined clearly, conditions are equal, and actual elapsed time or lap time or position at a clearly defined closing point determine the winner...these measures never lie and are definative in their nature.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sunir

I never understood how/why people race on the street and can definitavely quantify a win. There are too many factors, traffic patterns, variables, not to mention it's not a clearly defined race, with a marked start and end. I mean playing around on the street with another fast car I can understand but I think that if people want to actually catagorize wins etc...it should be in a controlled environment with measures and constraints...either on a drag strip or on a proffesional closed course/racing circuit where race perameters are defined clearly, conditions are equal, and actual elapsed time or lap time or position at a clearly defined closing point determine the winner...these measures never lie and are definative in their nature.
How about it....
I goto the strip often but lets face it....strip is fun but nothing like a good kill on the street when the conditions are right. If noone is around or in danger then I personally dont see anything wrong with it. Why does every race have to be at a track or strip? or as you say measured in a controlled enviorment with constraints. Personally if that was the ONLY way to have fun in our cars it would be BORING!
I love fun highway runs late at night when roads are about empty and you get a few cars that want to have some fun without being stupid or reckless.
Noone is asking you to understand. To each his or her own. As long as its not being reckless then its party time
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials

If both people are racing in the same conditions on an open road not posing a danger to anyone else- the variables are the same for both cars. They weren't racing for 1/4 mile and 60ft times, just good old 'ol school racing.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
As long as its not being reckless then its party time

try to say THAT to State Trooper or FFX/Arlington police
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Good thing I am freinds with several local law enforcement and most feel about the same as I do....
But thats a whole nother thing....
Bottom line is everytime we ALL get behind the wheel of our AMG's we take a chance just going 5 mph over...so if your gonna go over and get a ticket....make it worth the ticket
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
we all enjoy a pedal to the floor jaunt every now again in the amg cars; it's fun no doubt...but it's more show than it is "winning" a race.

a race is defined by a prescribed distance, that can me measured in space or time. Say if two cars get into it from a roll...when do they know it's ok to get off the throttle? when do they know that the other person is just slowing down because they no longer want to "race" ? The answer is you don't know...so one guy can slow down for a number of reasons even if he is faster or has the faster car...but technically he does not come out in front of the other guy in this contest. On the same token the guy that comes out in front maybe just stayed in the throttle for a longer period of time...the only way I see a street race really making any sense is both cars from a roll (assuming this is a highway) going to their maximum velocity over a extended period of time given they have the conditions and distance of road long enough to sustain such a contest.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM

'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
we all enjoy a pedal to the floor jaunt every now again in the amg cars; it's fun no doubt...but it's more show than it is "winning" a race.

a race is defined by a prescribed distance, that can me measured in space or time. Say if two cars get into it from a roll...when do they know it's ok to get off the throttle? when do they know that the other person is just slowing down because they no longer want to "race" ? The answer is you don't know...so one guy can slow down for a number of reasons even if he is faster or has the faster car...but technically he does not come out in front of the other guy in this contest. On the same token the guy that comes out in front maybe just stayed in the throttle for a longer period of time...the only way I see a street race really making any sense is both cars from a roll (assuming this is a highway) going to their maximum velocity over a extended period of time given they have the conditions and distance of road long enough to sustain such a contest.
Did you watch this video? You stop when its very clear you have won. Often there isn't anyone else watching, between you and him, you know who won and they know who won.

Vs. 430hp+? moded 335 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcUWjLRg15g

He knew who won, he stopped. Of course this was 1 of like 8 races we did, I won all, LOL. I've raced man cars, you keep going till the looser gives up or traffic gets in the way, if it does, go again... There is a lot to street racing, you just kinda learn it, but it becomes very clear who wins, with the exception of who would win on a windy race track, can't put cars side by side on back roads really.

*I'm not thinking clearly this morning, been rough, but you get the idea.*