Sponsored by:

MoBridge Bluetooth/Ipod install help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55
MoBridge Bluetooth/Ipod install help

I have tried the search function but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have the install instructions for this unit? The box has two user manuals but no install manual...
Thanks...
Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Not sure what a Mobridge is, but see if this helps,

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...d-install.html

&

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...bluetooth.html

Last edited by Yacht Master; 05-31-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by AARONG
I have tried the search function but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have the install instructions for this unit? The box has two user manuals but no install manual...
Thanks...
why don't you mail their technical staff ?

.. I think it should come with an additional optical wire and you need to connect it to the Most ring, by-passing any other Most module.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM

06 E55
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
http://www.mobridgeinc.com/products/bluetooth

I'm just having it professionally installed today instead... Didn't look too complicated but I figured I'd let them do it.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Do you need the phone system to install one of these?

I have the buttons on my steering wheel but they do nothing.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM

06 E55
Originally Posted by JustPete
Do you need the phone system to install one of these?

I have the buttons on my steering wheel but they do nothing.
I have the buttons also, but did not have the factory MHI unit with the plug in the center console for the puck.
From what I understand, this unit not only substitutes for the factory MHI phone system, but also works the Ipod from the nav screen.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
I'd like to know how that works out.

Does it just plug in like the "puck with tail"?

And once in, do you need your dealer to activate the phone system?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
An added question for anyone that's done it. Is there any reason, if I buy the puck with tail now (That I can't seem to locate at the moment for sale anywhere) while my car is at the dealer now and they're going to do that STAR 10* mod ... that I shouldn't just tell them to activate the phone system?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:03 PM

1969 280S, 1991 300E
So...do i need the cradle in the armrest in order for this system to work?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Found pucks with tail for sale ... but they all say they only work with 2003-2004.

Will the PwT not work on my 06 CLS ???
Old 06-01-2009, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
that thing is a Most-compatible device
.. or at least it should be compatible
it has been released very recently afaik, so don't know i fit really works good.
it make more things that the original module: Bluetooth + Ipod + some more wit hone module only.

in principle, it should be recognized as an original/compatible module by the car's optical fiber MOST system

.. strange that the poster does not know what the thing he bought does ...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:46 PM

CLS55 AMG 030
Well ... I've found a lot more info about these and the Puck with Tail ... which as it would happen, DOES NOT work with my car.

The only options are the factory system or the MOST systems which basically intercepts the fiber optic loop.

The guy I talked to said the system should work flawlessly with Mercedes. Not so good with some others (He mention Audi in particular)

Mercedes quickly eliminated the less costly route that's available to 03-04 owners.

The main draw back here is having to install something not factory (Which could cause warranty issues) having to connect to a power source and not being able to use the factory microphone so having to locate that somewhere as well.

The unit isn't exactly cheap either at $850+shipping.

Nice that it allows Ipod use too though.

Anyone looking for those PucksWT ... I found them cheap for $315 each NIB.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
i installed a mobridge and it works fine, but it does not display the Ipod song name in the cluster, but it shows up in Comand. Also, i don't have a phone menu in my cluster but I do in my Comand. I have STAR, can anyone tell me how to activate the phone menu in the cluster?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Where did you get it? Is it programmed properly? We are mObridge programmers and experts in the system. It works FLAWLESSLY in every M.O.S.T. Mercedes, Porsche, Audi and BMW. The issue is proper programming of the unit and/or car. If a installer says it does not work correctly, he just does not know how to make it work properly (as in the Audi comment above). We have been working with mObridge since BEFORE it was released, and help test and evaluate for them - so we know it on an intimate level.
Direct your questions to S A L E S @ C A R tronics DOT com (run it all together, done this way for the spam scrapers, replace DOT with . )
We can not answer lengthy questions in the forum, as several of our techs are always on mobile devices. So direct email is much better. If it is really involved, we will ask you for a try small support fee. We do this to pay for the support of course, as time is money. Simple answers are free
Please do not be offended, but we end up supporting clients of other mObridge retailers that frankly are CLUELESS. Paying techs to answer emails and the phones is expensive (our largest business expense). The only downfall of the product is they have several people selling it that have no idea what they are selling or doing. If we were steering that ship, a person would have to go through several days of training and testing in order to sell the product - but that is another story.

So again, if it came from us, we FULLY warrant the situation and can help you to fix any issue.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
it's not the mobridge unit, that works perfectly. like i said the car was not programmed to have a phone in it, since there was no cradle in the arm rest. so all i need to do i turn on the phone function with STAR and then it should display in my cluster.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
It would normally be on by default, but sometimes dealer techs will turn them off to stop customers from asking why the car does not have this or that. If you get on STAR go ahead and re-interrogate the MOST ring and replace the stored positions with current positions. Then go to the cluster and turn on phone functions. Do not confuse the STAR iPod functions, as those are really just Aux input controls.