Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
when I looked at 7 pm there was no link, and no post edited link either.
Censorship eeeep :p

on a more serious note

on topic:

You said it was locked, yet he unlocked it in 15min...
I also heard that PC gets their tunes stolen or copied
maybe there was a reason for it?

But sharing information is what the forum is far and for that i thank you MJ

Off topic, but related

MJ mods are pretty much stage 2 (pulley/tune and headers)
mufflers/ cat delete & K&N do not give serious power for the data recorded by numerous members, primary cat delete could be good for 5-10 rwhp, but has draw backs.

Stock tune with a modified pulley has shown to give -HP and /or only gain trq. Your 470-480whp on stock tune sounds off, as timing will be pulled from the boost...hmm unless your car does not have the MB recall flash

No tune on a 55k gives serious power alone...it complements your mods and makes them work. At best a tune has shown to be around 15-20rwp if you have allot of mods. Not taking anything away from your tuner, but if the results are true you have killed renntech, kleemann, powerchip and every one else with those results for a stage 2, or even 4 & 5 if you take into account the 522whp.

This is what i know

line up and do a side by side with someone with stage 2 to compare

Last edited by Zod; 06-02-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by bassn_07
During my session with LET a stock E55 dynode 335, a stage 1 380, and a stage 2 407 rwhp...all after LET's custom tune. They all posted their actual numbers they got that day.... Everyone could have easily added on a 20% increase given the current conditions and dyno used in comparison to a dynojet but they didn't. I'm just saying. THis is just my outlook on dyno numbers and how they could easily be influence for people that want to see higher numbers. Than again I'm still a newbie and have a lot to learn...who knows.
stock E55 dyno at 335rwhp? that's 10% off what the stock crank claim is 470 ish. if 335rwhp is correct then stock E55 only makes 418hp with a 20% loss? come'on...do some calculation before giving other people doubtful craps. dyno is relative only to that particular shop any other dyno could've resulted differently. As MJ stated that during dyno day multiple cars are off by 10% even the stock cars. It is pretty fair for him to assume all cars are off on that shop's dyno. However, he went back just because he dynoed there previously. It makes it easier for him to compare his stock numbers and with mods. etc.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by MJ50
renntech pulley, k&n filters, magnaflow mufflers and ECU tune is stage 2???
that pwned thericker.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Ricker, I may be mistaken, was it you that had spoken about a car that people were mislead about?
WTF are you talking about?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by FrankW
that pwned thericker.
That's what MJ called/labeled his E55 last year, I can get the old threads & post them for you? Ignorance is Bliss huh, now technically w/shorty headers it's a true stg 2.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Thericker
That's what MJ called/labeled his E55 last year, I can get the old threads & post them for you? Ignorance is Bliss huh, now technically w/shorty headers it's a true stg 2.
he didn't have the header until few months ago. I think I'll remember when I dropped of his car at Vadim for him. if missing a 20-25rwhp mod is called "technically stage 2"...then ****...my car is technically stage 3. since I just need to add some stage 3 mods.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
You know what the really bad part is?

These types of threads have been on MBWorld a lot as of late. A whole lot, and those that are looking at different tuners or thinking of modding their car it makes think think once, twice, and three times about doing it period.

Who do you trust? Who can you trust? So far it looks like Kleeman is the only one that is solid. Note I said looks like which is perception, and often taken as reality. This hurts any other tuners out there, just my .10.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
stock E55 dyno at 335rwhp? that's 10% off what the stock crank claim is 470 ish. if 335rwhp is correct then stock E55 only makes 418hp with a 20% loss? come'on...do some calculation before giving other people doubtful craps. dyno is relative only to that particular shop any other dyno could've resulted differently. As MJ stated that during dyno day multiple cars are off by 10% even the stock cars. It is pretty fair for him to assume all cars are off on that shop's dyno. However, he went back just because he dynoed there previously. It makes it easier for him to compare his stock numbers and with mods. etc.
Stick to the C32 dyno/info Everyone here (except you) knows the fact claim of 469 BHP MB puts out is purely due to marketingALL the E55/S55/CL55/early SL55's dyno the same @ 400-420 rwhp on Dynojet = average 500 Crank HP

Bassn_07 is reporting heart-breaker Dyno results from Mustang Dyno, they read lowest of all dynos but said to be the closest to actual #'s being put to the ground...You are totally lost in this conversation, just zip it

Last edited by Thericker; 06-02-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:29 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Stick to the C32 dyno/info Everyone here (except you) knows the fact claim of 469 BHP MB puts out is purely due to marketingALL the E55/S55/CL55/early SL55's dyno the same @ 400-420 rwhp on Dynojet = average 500 Crank HP

Bassn_07 is reporting heart-breaker Dyno results from Mustang Dyno, they read lowest of all dynos but said to be the closest to actual #'s being put to the ground...You are totally lost in this conversation, just zip it
did I say I don't know the actual number? you assumed too much.

the post you quoted was solely for the purpose of showing not all dynos are the same, but I guess you did not get that.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by bigben320e
You know what the really bad part is?

These types of threads have been on MBWorld a lot as of late. A whole lot, and those that are looking at different tuners or thinking of modding their car it makes think think once, twice, and three times about doing it period.

Who do you trust? Who can you trust? So far it looks like Kleeman is the only one that is solid. Note I said looks like which is perception, and often taken as reality. This hurts any other tuners out there, just my .10.
what's sad about it is no one can post feedbacks of their experience without getting pummeled by admins that has nothing to do with the issue, sponsors, and people that already have a predetermined mind that they're against the company that's getting a good feedback. I rarely see tuning company ***** at one another on m3forum or e90post. I do see a lot of *****ing about cosmetic mods etc. maybe because they have a lot more customer base and don't need to do things like this. people modding MB vs people modding BMW is like 1:10 ratio. lol
Old 06-02-2009, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
did I say I don't know the actual number? you assumed too much.

the post you quoted was solely for the purpose of showing not all dynos are the same, but I guess you did not get that.
Yeah right trying to save face, is not gonna work guy your misguided simpleton posts/questions speak clearly...

Posted by FrankW
stock E55 dyno at 335rwhp? that's 10% off what the stock crank claim is 470 ish. if 335rwhp is correct then stock E55 only makes 418hp with a 20% loss? come'on...do some calculation before giving other people doubtful craps
You only made an *** outt've yourself Not knowing the marketing MB does w/quoting E55 makes 469BHP

Last edited by Thericker; 06-02-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
lol that's why a) I don't race b)I don't do power mods w/ all the shadyness.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Oh and for those of you want to see a real dyno in action of how a stock W211 E55 should be, peep this: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ideo-ever.html
Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by The Godfather
lol that's why a) I don't race b)I don't do power mods w/ all the shadyness.
so forgive me for asking...but why own an AMG if not for the speed?

I do not get people that buy these cars and just keep them for decoration

it is meant to be driven

and for the shadyness...well yes it does happen, but to be fair if one makes a statment agenst some one, it is only fair that they can say their part to...
Old 06-02-2009, 06:29 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Yeah right trying to save face, is not gonna work guy your misguided simpleton posts/questions speak clearly...

You only made an *** outt've yourself Not knowing the marketing MB does w/quoting E55 makes 469BHP
lmao...did you not think being MJ's friend we don't receive emails on something he does regularly?

I think you need to have yourself checked by a shrink. good luck to you The Ricer. be strong and admit you need help is the first step towards happiness.

edit: because the admin don't want me to show the title of your PM to me in this thread. too bad, but how sad it is that you can't win an argument that you have to resort to name calling to someone's PM. seriously...take the suggestion above and see a shrink asap.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-02-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:41 AM
acb

2005 e55 amg
Originally Posted by otoupalik
As an admin, I was just sent this thread.

I think it is important to clarify a few things, as it seems there is way too much misinformation and as FrankW stated "hating" going on.

3. As a third party that was involved with PC when Jesse was an employee, I will tell you 100% that Jess stole tunes from Powerchip, sold evosport IP and Powerchip IP that he stole. It is a shame that our justice system and the consumers allow people to get away with this (this is why I don't practice Law, I could not deal with the injustice that our justice system allows).

Thanks
Brad
I have a HUGE issue with people posting opinion or hearsay as fact. Especially if it slanders or libels good people and or companies in the process. That is my problem, plain and simple.

People do this with far too less thought and good people trying to earn a living are harmed. Most of the people that do this don't think or try to realize that while modifying their car is a hobby, those they are talking about live and breathe and eat based upon sales, and often threads that have little fact but are full of hearsay and opinion seriously harm that ability to live/breathe/eat.

How would any of you like it if someone went on a forum for your industry and slandered/libeled/defamed you based on nothing more then pure hearsay or opinion (posted as FACT)? I know the answer, it is "I would not like it" or maybe "I would sue them" - people need to consider this before posting. While being a passion or hobby for the consumer, it is a REAL business to those that are selling these parts, and 99% of these businesses are small (1-10 people) and threads like this DO have a REAL impact on the bottom line.

That is the power of the internet, good and bad. Sadly it is used for bad far more then good.

Thanks
Brad

[preface] I have nothing to do with this (dont even live on the same continent)
You publicly declared in your first post in this thread that someone - by name, is 100% guilty of industrial espionage in circumstances where the complainant's lawyers (no doubt) couldnt establish (or wouldnt advise to commence) an IP suit based on a 51% + proof, or the police refused to get involved (in what is a criminal allegation). In this context, with respect, your above quote is perhaps the most hypocritical thing I have ever read.

Last edited by acb; 06-02-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
what's sad about it is no one can post feedbacks of their experience without getting pummeled by admins that has nothing to do with the issue, sponsors, and people that already have a predetermined mind that they're against the company that's getting a good feedback. I rarely see tuning company ***** at one another on m3forum or e90post. I do see a lot of *****ing about cosmetic mods etc. maybe because they have a lot more customer base and don't need to do things like this. people modding MB vs people modding BMW is like 1:10 ratio. lol
I can see that, you should be allowed to post your experience just as the OP has. Every time I see a ECU or tuner issue though, it tuns into a flame-on witch hunt, that portrays the picture that the tuners involved (several are sponsors here) are FOS and involved in something shady.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 751 Likes on 732 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
off topic: who knows, maybe the previous owner put 80mm TB or SLR cams on the car..
Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Yeah...okay dyno queen. Play with the numbers as much as you guys want! I'm just stating the numbers that he got on that day on that dyno. Okay ...I'll rephrase it for you, instead of 335 rwhp he got...let's say 500 rwhp. .
Old 06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah...okay dyno queen. Play with the numbers as much as you guys want! I'm just stating the numbers that he got on that day on that dyno. Okay ...I'll rephrase it for you, instead of 335 rwhp he got...let's say 500 rwhp. .
I think FrankW's point is that wheel horsepower can vary all over the place due to dyno type, operator, etc, but if we assume (correctly, IMHO) that all healthy E55's have ballpark of 480-500 crank hp... then a dyno reading of 335 rwhp isn't "accurate" - it's low, unless you're willing to conclude that the car's driveline losses are in the 30%+ range. It's either that or the car's only making 418 crank hp stock - or, a plausible third option is that the dyno reads an inaccurate level, in this case presumably too low.

Reinforcing here that dynos are tools for demonstrating increases/decreases from a baseline point, and all but worthless if the baseline doesn't exist or if the car's taken to multiple dyno brands, shops, etc, while changing mods at the same time. That doesn't appear to be the case here, as MJ50 dyno'd at the same, independent 3rd party shop, to compare the tuning (at least, that's how I read it).
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5

Powerchip is used by all the top tuners from this board, their longevity/professionalism in this business speaks volumes over other entities....enuff said...
By "all," I presume you mean "two"?

evosport and FD use Powerchip.

LET/Eurocharged, VRP, Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson, et. al. do not use Powerchip. Consequently, I'd conclude your position that "all the top tuners use Powerchip" is a bit misinformed.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I have been wondering for a while which tuner to use, but none of these were my first choices so it's not really relevant to me. I see both sides of the story here and I can see why there would be so much tension on the subject evosport uses them and that's why the admin is in the discussion. Also MJ has every right to voice what happened to him and he doesn't need to get his facts straight he is only a customer and can only go on what he was told by SI and his dynos. That's the good thing about a discussion forum he can be corrected or others could come forward that had a refund and have their cars checked for the same type of abuse. It doesn't seem too far fetched that they would de tune his car so he would come back after noticing the power decrease and I have no doubt that the story could have been blown out of proportion by SI What we are missing is the fighting that did go on between the two which is there since he stated it was, so maybe they are both to blame maybe MJ came off like a dick and they de-tuned his car. PC has every ability to join this discussion and give their side of the story as well. I am pretty sure they have read it already by reading this it would not have persuaded me to think that PC is a bad company to go with they are obviously legit the only problem I see is that you guys are at each others necks about it. Everyone has legitimate responses and this issue is really between MJ and PC not the forum members so hopefully you guys can continue a respectful discussion about this and come to a real conclusion.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by acb
[preface] I have nothing to do with this (dont even live on the same continent)
You publicly declared in your first post in this thread that someone - by name, is 100% guilty of industrial espionage in circumstances where the complainant's lawyers (no doubt) couldnt establish (or wouldnt advise to commence) an IP suit based on a 51% + proof, or the police refused to get involved (in what is a criminal allegation). In this context, with respect, your above quote is perhaps the most hypocritical thing I have ever read.
You just made HUGE assumptions, so I will clarify.

It has nothing to do with not being to find guilt, it has to do with (1) paying 10K-50K to sue someone civilly and (2) the very real likelihood of the guilty party claiming BK. Then you are stuck with a verdict you like, a big legal bill and no way of ever collecting any money. This leaves you worse then when you started.

And yes, the police will not get involved in civil actions in the US, especially in CA.

It is very unfortunate.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
acb

2005 e55 amg
You just made HUGE assumptions, so I will clarify.

It has nothing to do with not being to find guilt, it has to do with (1) paying 10K-50K to sue someone civilly and (2) the very real likelihood of the guilty party claiming BK. Then you are stuck with a verdict you like, a big legal bill and no way of ever collecting any money. This leaves you worse then when you started.

And yes, the police will not get involved in civil actions in the US, especially in CA.

It is very unfortunate.
The point being is that what you have alleged is a pretty serious offence - stealing IP, and the appropriateness, particularly as an admin, of publically defaming someone which could have the potential of damaging their business is dubious - even if you are right. Suggesting that a multi nat company like PC wouldnt spend good money to protect their IP where, per your accusations, there is no doubt it was stolen, is spurious. And, if it is so clear then I would be amazed a law enforcement agency wouldnt at least take a complaint. It is no different to stealing money from your employer, and in fact worse.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This "Jesse" guy used to work for Powerchip. He is an ex-employee of the company. Doesn't that tell you anything? Of course he will say anything he can to his customers to make Powerchip look bad. ie. locked the ECU and this that, and the other. Thats what most ex-employees that are still in the same field do, is slander and talk ****. Jesse is real a sleazeball if you ask me.

As for the Dyno numbers,
correct me if I am wrong, but Powerchip just flashed your car correct? They didn't actuall DYNO-tune your car , correct?
But SI actrually Dyno tuned your car. Those are two completely different forms of tuning.
So comparing your Powerchip "flash" numbers with your SI "DYNO" tune numbers isnt really a fair comparison, now is it?My point is, I know that if you did a Dyno tune with Powerchip, the results would not have been the same.

As far as the 522 RWHP, and the additional 10% dyno addition BS, thats the lamest thing I have ever heard. I recommend that you go to this place called Autowave in Huntington BEach. They have a Dyno Dynamics Dyno, and the dyno operator could care less WHO tuned your car, he just gives you ACTUAL numbers that your car puts down that day.
I can almost guarantee that your car wouldnt break 450 RW on that dyno in its current state of tune.

And I can GUARANTEE, after witnessing what powerchip did to my E55 on the Dyno, That the PC dyno tune would be FAR superior to the SI dyno tune.

MJ, I have nothing against you, your a good guy in my book. Im just stating my opinion.

Last edited by Blue_Monster; 06-02-2009 at 07:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please read if you plan to tune your ECU by another tuner