Sponsored by:

Why are headers so much $$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I'll be selling my 2 month old VRP shorty headers very soon, if anyone is interested. Direct bolt-on replacement for the E55 OEM manifolds.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I'll be selling my 2 month old VRP shorty headers very soon, if anyone is interested. Direct bolt-on replacement for the E55 OEM manifolds.
Benz-O-Rama

Who works on your car? also how much for the headers.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Benz-O-Rama

Who works on your car? also how much for the headers.
I do most of the work myself, but anything that I don't have the knowledge or tools to complete, I have an MB tech from a local MB dealer on retainer.

As for the headers, let me figure it out and I'll give you a PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
The reason why headers are so expensive is... Most headers are small production runs. when you think about Vette's and mustangs or even shopping at Costco. Buying in bulk i will most always lower the price. There are lots of Mustangs and Vettes out there versus the small amount of AMG's.

Small production runs are not very cost effective or lucrative for fabricators and its labor intensive. Jigs have to made and a whole bunch or R&D. Now doing this for the maybe 20 sets or so of AMG headers isnt that profitable when compared to the man hours it takes to make them.

Also Alot of headers for large production runs are sent over sea's to be duped for a much lesser cost. I deal alot with over sea's vendors in my family business and If I want 20 items made they wouldn't do it. Now if I wanted 200 or 500 items then they would do it pending on what it is.

If Mercedes were a dime a dozen like Vette's and mustangs in term or production numbers parts would be cheaper and their would be a lot of choices in terms of headers for your car.
look at you, making perfect sense. You clearly are lost, and do not belong here. Move along now, before you hurt someone with this sound reasoning.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
look at you, making perfect sense. You clearly are lost, and do not belong here. Move along now, before you hurt someone with this sound reasoning.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
You are a complete idiot. Listen Noobie, Take your hate and knowledge of nothing eslewhere. you are barking up the wrong tree.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are a complete idiot. Listen Noobie, Take your hate and knowledge of nothing eslewhere. you are barking up the wrong tree.
wow... he followed this up with a PM:

deleted by moderator.
edit: got a warning for posting PM contents without consent. Fair enough, I should have thought about that, my bad. .
edit again: let's just move on, shall we? I think that's best since we're all friends again, and I have a beer waiting in Phoenix!

Nice. I guess my attempt at mocking *others* who post nonsense by pointing out how much sense hooleyboy actually made didn't go over very well. Sorry hooleyboy, I really did mean to indicate that your post made complete sense, and was mocking those posts that are similar to the "how do I look cool in my C63" rubbish.

Unfortunately, it looks like I exposed a very ugly side of this forum, and for that I am truly saddened.

And I guess I'll get banned soon, as well.

By all, it was fun while it lasted. All of 10 posts.

edit: "hate" wow.....

Last edited by i_am_amused; 06-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
i am amused,

"look at you, making perfect sense. You clearly are lost, and do not belong here. Move along now, before you hurt someone with this sound reasoning."

.......I also took this as being intended to be negative. Perhaps this is a product of seeing many instances where someone new will join the forum just to create trouble in the way of taunts and jibes.......

You are new and people here don't yet know you're "style" of posting so realize that this could be misinterpreted..

Last edited by wawy; 06-07-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wawy
i am amused,

"look at you, making perfect sense. You clearly are lost, and do not belong here. Move along now, before you hurt someone with this sound reasoning."

.......I also took this as being intended to be negative. Perhaps this is a product of seeing instances where someone new will join the forum just to create trouble in the way of taunts and jibes.......

yep, I saw that you didn't "get it" either. That's fine, but at least you didn't go all "hate" on me.

I still don't "get it" about the "hate", I guess that makes us even?

if the admins don't "get it" either, I'm sure I'll be gone, but if they don't "get it" then I am on the wrong board anyway, so no harm done.

I joined to learn about care and maintenance of my vehicle, which I can do by reading the forums post-ban, or by visiting other MB sites.

oh well, it is what is it

*AND* I learned why MB headers are so expensive
Old 06-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
yep, I saw that you didn't "get it" either. That's fine, but at least you didn't go all "hate" on me.

I still don't "get it" about the "hate", I guess that makes us even?

if the admins don't "get it" either, I'm sure I'll be gone, but if they don't "get it" then I am on the wrong board anyway, so no harm done.

I joined to learn about care and maintenance of my vehicle, which I can do by reading the forums post-ban, or by visiting other MB sites.

oh well, it is what is it

*AND* I learned why MB headers are so expensive

You are a tool. I think myself and Wawy are wondering what in the Hell are you talking about? If you came here to learn than sit back and shut up. There are lots of members on this board that know the ins and outs of your car. This isnt your old Honda forum so your smartass remarks should go the way of your last car. If you keep up your ways the Mods will ban you. If you want to know about service and maintenance ask your Service Advisor about an extended warranty.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are a tool. I think myself and Wawy are wondering what in the Hell are you talking about? If you came here to learn than sit back and shut up. There are lots of members on this board that know the ins and outs of your car. This isnt your old Honda forum so your smartass remarks should go the way of your last car. If you keep up your ways the Mods will ban you. If you want to know about service and maintenance ask your Service Advisor about an extended warranty.

that's the second time you've played the "mods are going to ban me" card. I get it, ok?

I can tell it's not the old honda forum, because 100% of the posts there were oddly enough quite polite. I hadn't really noticed that until you bought up the old forum, but the difference is actually quite striking.

Look man, i really did not mean to offend you. Unfortunately, I have, and apparently more so than at any other time in your life. I meant to contrast your common sense reply with the idiocy that is not rare here (for instance: "would you have sex in your C63"), but obviously there is nothing that will convince you otherwise.

oh well. c'est la vie

to prevent any further damage, I'll put you on my ignore list so I won't have even an accidental opportunity to offend you further or again.

you have a nice day, and good luck with your business ventures.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550

that's the second time you've played the "mods are going to ban me" card. I get it, ok?

I can tell it's not the old honda forum, because 100% of the posts there were oddly enough quite polite. I hadn't really noticed that until you bought up the old forum, but the difference is actually quite striking.

Look man, i really did not mean to offend you. Unfortunately, I have, and apparently more so than at any other time in your life. I meant to contrast your common sense reply with the idiocy that is not rare here (for instance: "would you have sex in your C63"), but obviously there is nothing that will convince you otherwise.

oh well. c'est la vie

to prevent any further damage, I'll put you on my ignore list so I won't have even an accidental opportunity to offend you further or again.

you have a nice day, and good luck with your business ventures.
I vote for ban
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lauer87
I vote for ban
i wouldn't be at all surprised if that is how it ends up

i'll miss this place
Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by lauer87
I vote for ban
eh. what a hell! +2
Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Karlson
eh. what a hell! +2
Dude! What are you doing??? I'm a Caps fan! Since back in the days of Hunter, Gartner, etc.

you're killing me here...

Remember Hunter's cheap shot on Turgeon after the game ended? Classic cheap shot by which all other cheap shots should be measured. Got him only 21 games, should have been 80.

Last edited by i_am_amused; 06-07-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Nice. I guess my attempt at mocking *others* who post nonsense by pointing out how much sense hooleyboy actually made didn't go over very well. Sorry hooleyboy, I really did mean to indicate that your post made complete sense, and was mocking those posts that are similar to the "how do I look cool in my C63" rubbish.
Well it didnt read like that on my end.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Dude! What are you doing??? I'm a Caps fan! Since back in the days of Hunter, Gartner, etc.

you're killing me here...

Remember Hunter's cheap shot on Turgeon after the game ended? Classic cheap shot by which all other cheap shots should be measured. Got him only 21 games, should have been 80.
hmmm, what does this have to do with the stuff you wrote about headers? I remember what #32 did to Turgeon, but that is not car related. I guess -1 for a ban as you are claiming being a Caps Fan
Old 06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I read this post as a compliment to hooleboy, for knowing his stuff and making sense, and as a mocking dig to the people who pretend to know their stuff but clearly don't (many of whom seem to post regularly) - but maybe I "got it" because, by nature, I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor?

In any event, boy did this thread take a turn for the ugly in a hurry...
Old 06-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Maybe its me, but I didnt get the humor or compliment. I consider myself a very humorous guy, Maybe this is just over my head.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I read this post as a compliment to hooleboy, for knowing his stuff and making sense, and as a mocking dig to the people who pretend to know their stuff but clearly don't (many of whom seem to post regularly) - but maybe I "got it" because, by nature, I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor?

In any event, boy did this thread take a turn for the ugly in a hurry...
I also saw that- I guess reading comprehension may be an issue on this forum.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:53 PM

2006 E55
wow this thread went to hell pretty quick.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by madgoat
wow this thread went to hell pretty quick.
Welcome to MBworld
Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I would rather this thread didnt get ugly. based on what was said was I wrong for taking exception?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 PM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
I read it and knew he was mocking others and complimenting you. What he wrote was funny - in a good way.

Last edited by Wish4_e55Wagon; 06-08-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
eh. what a hell! +2
+3...only because of his username.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are headers so much $$?