Sponsored by:

Anyone ever mess with your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
IN OBAMAS WORLD WE SHOULD ALL BE DRIVING PRIUSES..wait those cost more than our E55s...LMFAO
Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM

E63 AMG
Walking out to my car from best buy, I see 2 younger guys walk by the front of my car and "pretend" to rip off my star on my e63. I was infuriated!

As they hop up into their brand new lifted truck, I walk up to the drivers window. I open up my "friend" and place it on the sidewall of his tire. I say "if you would have really done that, it would have been aaaallll bad"
I have never seen two people turn more white in my life... probably didn't help that i am far from a small guy...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 PM

08' C350, Toyota Tundra
I had a big fat yellow lugi on my windshield leaving the bar.....****en disgusting.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:29 PM

'03 E55
Originally Posted by izzyz28
I get dirty looks from lots of people, including retard rednecks that paid twice as much for their F-250 Superduty as I paid for the E55. Some people just have no concept of depreciation and value. Everyone I know thought I was some kind of big baller, not realizing that I paid less for my car than they did for their new Chevy Equinox or V6 Accord. If I had a brand-new E63 that would be one thing, but it's a 5 year old car with 65K on it. Apparantly the star on the hood means you're a rich a$$&ole, and people refuse to believe otherwise.
I got similar comments from a few clients about 8-9 years ago when I drove a $10,000 300E. One guy said, " Now I see why you charge so much." I just laughed and told him that it was a $10k car that likely cost about a 1/4 of what he had just pulled up in.

The funny thing is that I got more of those comments from the 300E than I have from the ML430 and E55 combined.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
i have a good one. my 55 was keyed from fender to fender on both sides. the kicker was that the perps decided to slash both of my passenger side tires as well. fun times.

one positive...if you live in the houston area and need paint or body work on your merc, or any ride for that matter, call omar at river oaks paint and body. the guys there did a great job on my car.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:33 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by O-55
i have a good one. my 55 was keyed from fender to fender on both sides. the kicker was that the perps decided to slash both of my passenger side tires as well. fun times.

one positive...if you live in the houston area and need paint or body work on your merc, or any ride for that matter, call omar at river oaks paint and body. the guys there did a great job on my car.
wow that's brutal. It amazes me that there's people out there like that
Old 06-18-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by Bisco
wow that's brutal. It amazes me that there's people out there like that
many of them I always keep a hockey stick on my back seat, in case something goes wrong....
Old 06-18-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Vader13
IN OBAMAS WORLD WE SHOULD ALL BE DRIVING PRIUSES..wait those cost more than our E55s...LMFAO
dude, stop it. It is not Obama's fault that many people are poor in this country after 8 years of W.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Karlson
dude, stop it. It is not Obama's fault that many people are poor in this country after 8 years of W.
Not much has changed yet, except big boy bail outs....
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The most damage my cars have seen is from Vendors. I have a bad habit of leaving them there, expecting great care and it never happens. I have nicks and scrapes everywhere, not to mention a blown motor and owed money. Can't say that any of it was done on purpose, but I would take more care.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
It all depends where you go. I think a lot of it has to do with where you are as oppose to the car itself.

If you hang out at the evening late night hot spots (ie. club), you're going to have a higher chance of getting your car vandalized than say going to Costco. Assuming you did not look like a moron or gave anyone a dirty look, I dont think it would matter if you pulled up at a club with a E55, M5, 350Z, Corvette, Mustang, or a Honda Accord. At these places, your vehicle will most likely get vandalized if you or your vehicle somehow stand out. (I've seen plenty of Accords, Camrys, and Civics getting vandalized!).

I drive my car to Costco more often that a club. Frankly, I'm more concern about shopping carts and fools opening their doors on my car than it getting vandalized.

And no, I don't go to Costco to get my car serviced! Thank you very much. =P
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
It all depends where you go. I think a lot of it has to do with where you are as oppose to the car itself.

If you hang out at the evening late night hot spots (ie. club), you're going to have a higher chance of getting your car vandalized than say going to Costco. Assuming you did not look like a moron or gave anyone a dirty look, I dont think it would matter if you pulled up at a club with a E55, M5, 350Z, Corvette, Mustang, or a Honda Accord. At these places, your vehicle will most likely get vandalized if you or your vehicle somehow stand out. (I've seen plenty of Accords, Camrys, and Civics getting vandalized!).

I drive my car to Costco more often that a club. Frankly, I'm more concern about shopping carts and fools opening their doors on my car than it getting vandalized.

And no, I don't go to Costco to get my car serviced! Thank you very much. =P
You're absolutely right. If it wasn't a library in a college town I don't see anyone messing with it. But since there's hot heads walking all over the place
Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Knock on wood....the only trouble that I have had is with a Ferrari. It was spat and and written on with lipstick regularly. If it was parked, it had to be within sight.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 AM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by Bisco
You're absolutely right. If it wasn't a library in a college town I don't see anyone messing with it. But since there's hot heads walking all over the place
It can happen.... even at the library. Would the damage have been worst if it was at a club? Hmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 PM

05' E55 AMG
hmm... where do I start.

1. About a year ago I went to Fullerton to a bar (first and last time) came out to my car which was parked in the middle of a neighborhood directly in front of a house! Someone threw the cement top of a water meter through my back windshield.... $1000 deductible

2. Two months after getting my car back, I parked it in a parking structure, to get some sushi. Came out to my car 2 hours later to find that someone backed up and destroyed my back bumper and my left tail light. Of course my car was parked in the only part of the garage that didn't have a camera pointed at it...No note...$1000 deductible

3. Two weeks ago I was getting on the 55 Fwy going North from Newport Blvd. and there was an extremely unlevel chunk taken out of the asphalt...Destroyed both the front passenger and rear rims...bent to *****...bye bye HRE 543Rs....battling with the construction company
Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 PM

2007 E63 AMG, 2012 F250 4x4
Originally Posted by ENTIZY1
hmm... where do I start.

1. About a year ago I went to Fullerton to a bar (first and last time) came out to my car which was parked in the middle of a neighborhood directly in front of a house! Someone threw the cement top of a water meter through my back windshield.... $1000 deductible

2. Two months after getting my car back, I parked it in a parking structure, to get some sushi. Came out to my car 2 hours later to find that someone backed up and destroyed my back bumper and my left tail light. Of course my car was parked in the only part of the garage that didn't have a camera pointed at it...No note...$1000 deductible

3. Two weeks ago I was getting on the 55 Fwy going North from Newport Blvd. and there was an extremely unlevel chunk taken out of the asphalt...Destroyed both the front passenger and rear rims...bent to *****...bye bye HRE 543Rs....battling with the construction company
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Must have been a monster chunk out of the asphalt!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
i've had someone break into my car to steal a cheap radar detector (50 bucks).....they used a pribar and dink up my driver's side door really bad. a little dent in it.

also, had someone rip of my MB emblem on my hood, leaving just a stub.....now i have a flat badge that can't be ripped off. unreal how immature and thoughtless some people are
Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by jturkel
unreal how immature and thoughtless some people are
Umm, unfortunately this is society now...the majority of it. The average, general person is an effing moron with no sense of honor or pride nowdays.

I've had 2 of my cars vandalized & broken into. Had my Evo VIII flat out stolen, joy ride, and dumped in San Bernardino.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 AM

07 E63 AMG (Sold), 2000 Land Rover Discovery II, 2012 CLS63 AMG
Luckily here in the DC area there are people with much nicer cars than me so MBs are everywhere. I have had people turn my mirrors in, and stupid crap like that just to let me know that they are there. I always park far away all by itself if I can too.

I have had an 11 second 240sx stolen though. Nothing feels that bad.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Dude, you will get that just driving an MB period.

My wife and I have gotten some nasty looks here are there, and some weird comments from some family and friends (so-called friends she has).

One of her girlfriends made the comment yesterday: "I didn't invite you to lunch because I thought you don't eat at all you can eat places." Like my wife is too good to do that?

2nd girlfriend stupid comment: "Oh you guys have 3 benzes, you don't understand the issues I have." "You have a two income household".

I think my wife needs to drop those two friends, but she still maintains contact.

WTH? What is wrong with people these days? Why are people so caught on talking about someone else, or messing with someone else's property? I am far too busy taking care of my own issues and stuff to even think about such petty things.

I don't hate, I congratulate.

Chip on shoulder syndrome is the worst...these friends need cutting asap

For the guy hating on the trucks, I love my Super Dutys....On my 3rd but I never lift them. Funny thing is my euros have never been touched but I caught a scumbag trying to steal the tailgate off a previous F350 dually I had...I'm 6'3" 240 and he ran pretty quick...if I was quicker he'd have been eating through a straw as they say...

-Rob

Last edited by transferred; 06-20-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred

Chip on shoulder syndrome is the worst...these friends need cutting asap

For the guy hating on the trucks, I love my Super Dutys....On my 3rd but I never lift them. Funny thing is my euros have never been touched but I caught a scumbag trying to steal the tailgate off a previous F350 dually I had...I'm 6'3" 240 and he ran pretty quick...if I was quicker he'd have been eating through a straw as they say...

-Rob
Not hating on the trucks at all. It's just that most of the looks I get are from guys who are driving TRUCKS that cost twice what I paid for the car. No ne has ever said anything though, which may or may not have to do with me being 6'0" 270(had to throw that in there). It is nice though when you drive past all the cheerleaders doing weekend carwashes and it seems they would do ANYTHING to get the chance to wash your car. I actually stopped at one last weekend and gave them $10 since I was feeling generous and it looked like they were actually washing AND drying the cars. Of course I ended up pulling it around the corner as soon as they were "finished" so I could dry the 50% of the car they missed with their filth-covered chamois.

I don't worry about vandalism because as others have said, I live in an area where my car just blends in and most people can't tell an E55 from a C230. Hell, the Bentley dealership is a bolck from my house and the Mercedes/BMW/Ferrari/Lamborghini/Audi dealerships line the main road(Ogden avenue in Downers Grove). I think I see about 20 black S550's a day.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by ENTIZY1
hmm... where do I start.

Damn, sorry to heard that..... just bad luck...
Wish you good luck now !
Old 07-21-2009, 04:23 PM

2005 E55
Dude my car got keyed up big time at work! Of course the chicken **** did it the right way, front AND the rear door. I think I need help since I'm not even angry yet, still in the denial stage. After the security took a (Useless) report, I am still afraid to look at the damage again. So sad......
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM

2019 s560 sedan
had some chithead lay right on my bumper last week while eating lunch in the Bronx , If i didnt have 2 clients with me i wouldve went old school Brooklyn on his car and him !!!! Sick thing was the i purposely left alot of space so no morons hit the ride .
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 AM

c32 amg, c43 amg
I just, literally 5 mins ago, had my emblem ripped off. Someone called the police but the person had already left. I guess I'm gonna get a flat emblem this time around since people are just so immature... It makes me so mad I wish I could have seen the guy that did that. Just for a second.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever mess with your car?