W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Vendor drama

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Talking to me? If you are I have a Sacramento post up and I hope to see ya there. $100 for all day racing!!! "Let do it" as a wise man said!

Your car is going to be a beast at the track !!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I hear you on enough is enough! I really hate when people promise things and don't deliver, week after week.

Like I said before, from now on, good or bad it's going to be posted. I'm totally guilty of not posting some of my negative experiences with vendors, shame on me! It's really a hard thing to do at times for many reasons, the top one being loyalty.

Here's a question, if you had a supporting vendors product fail would you post immediately or wait to see how they handle it? Or, would you post it up immediately and post the way the vendor handled the matter regardless. The way I see it, everyone will have some type of problem when modding and the way the vendor handles that problem after the fact goes a long way. Think about it, if you never post the problem the vendor will never get the props they deserve for excellent customer service and the fact that they took care of their customers after the sale.

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here but if I would of knew some of the things I know now about some of the vendors I never would have given them my money.

Let me add, I have had way more positive experiences with vendors here on MBW than negative. Props to all you guys who keep it real and thanks for your services....you know who you are . The people I've dealt with in the past knows that I love to mod and usually works with me in every way. Thanks again guys!!
perhaps then, instead of being all talk, someone should make a thread only for the reviews of vendors. And make this a sticky across all applicable subforums on mbworld (can skip stuff like the off-topic and killstories and such).

or a sub-forum containing threads for each vendors and polls in each thread rating that vendor. of course, each thread would contain experiences, positive or negative. this way, feedback can be provided to members not in the underground and we can "reclaim our forum" as one post in this thread put it.

just my $.02
Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63

MAN EVERY TIME I SEE THIS SIG I SMILE BIG
Old 06-26-2009, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Rule 2 of the PM underworld is "Keep it in your sneaker"

I think for the most part the members that are involves in the underworld know whats going on.

We know whats products are good, who to avoid, and how to keep it in our sneaker. trust is everything.

To join all you have to do is PM someone and ask for their real take on an issue. But remember you are being trusted in total confidence. Thats why PM's cant be posted in threads. TOU violation.

Personally I cant wait until all this BS comes out. Members really need to take back this forum.
I can't wait either. I have ordered a few things recently (hope from no one on the BS vendor list), and personally I don't like to get burned or deal with questionable people. I am rather young but old school, you could shake my hand and my word is bond. Period.

If it is here on the forum, PM, email, phone call, get the word on any way possible. I don't understand the "privacy" factor. If someone is guilty of fraud or wrongdoing, I say expose them and off with the head.

The cloak and dagger approach leaves people to fall prey. Just my .02.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by jturkel
perhaps then, instead of being all talk, someone should make a thread only for the reviews of vendors. And make this a sticky across all applicable subforums on mbworld (can skip stuff like the off-topic and killstories and such).

or a sub-forum containing threads for each vendors and polls in each thread rating that vendor. of course, each thread would contain experiences, positive or negative. this way, feedback can be provided to members not in the underground and we can "reclaim our forum" as one post in this thread put it.

just my $.02

+100
Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

just my $.02
It's really tough at times to do this. Most don't really know how tough this is until they experience first hand. Have you yourself posted anything negative about your ventures with supporting vendors or were they all positve? Not being sarcastic but a serious question. Have you ever felt that your negative post would seriously impact that vendors business? For me, I had a conscience but from here on out I'll do it regardless.

Like I said before, I'm guilty for not posting my previous dealings with vendors in the past but that has changed. At this time I don't feel right about posting the past and all I'm willing to do is post my futures experiences. With that said why don't you start that thread you were talking about.

Just my $.02.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Will someone please educate me?

Here in America, it's perfectly legal to post the truth. Why is there so much fear of retribution from posting the truth?

If <put your favorite shady vendor here> does not deliver, and you post that they did not deliver, there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, if you post that they are lying, cheating sons of *****es then you could have a problem (unless it's TRUE).

The truth shall set you free, will set your conscience free, and will save me my hard earned bread.

edit: I can't believe "*****es" got censored
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
Will someone please educate me?
Perhaps Jangy or one of the other sage members could instead post a "history of FAIL" for the vendors that have previously been put to "rest". I'm guessing that list is in the dozens by now....

At least the board would get an idea of exactly how this business has evolved, mistakes vendors have made and what the outcomes have been.

Was "Harris" the first to go down?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I hear you on enough is enough! I really hate when people promise things and don't deliver, week after week.

Like I said before, from now on, good or bad it's going to be posted. I'm totally guilty of not posting some of my negative experiences with vendors, shame on me! It's really a hard thing to do at times for many reasons, the top one being loyalty.
+1. I will go back to when I posted everything as it is going on. Issues always come up, especially when you want the cutting edge. It is how it is handled that matters and that is a different story.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
WHAT ABOUT RACING

Lets do it man !
HA!! Then I take it you were made whole or sent your issue up to your managment? Come on now, don't buy into avoiding the topic for the rest of us....
Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Man I could write a book on this Topic.. As you guys must remember, I had a thread that grew so big that it finally got shut down. We got know where and it was a big "he said she said.. " I have many many PM's and emails on this topic. that it's quite scary how some Vendors are even still alive. What we have done here though is make us all do a lot of reaserch on vendors before we deside who to use for mods. I would also like to add that I have had some fantastic dealings with a couple of vendors hear in the past two month Hey, I was thinking of becoming a vendor here myself. I'm ready and willing and I have first hand knowlage of these damn 63's.
YOU NEVER KNOW I will say one thing, Deal with me and it's,

FAST EASY & FUN, FINANCING FOR EVERYONE

Last edited by rarfinancial; 06-26-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
It's really tough at times to do this. Most don't really know how tough this is until they experience first hand. Have you yourself posted anything negative about your ventures with supporting vendors or were they all positve? Not being sarcastic but a serious question. Have you ever felt that your negative post would seriously impact that vendors business? For me, I had a conscience but from here on out I'll do it regardless.

Like I said before, I'm guilty for not posting my previous dealings with vendors in the past but that has changed. At this time I don't feel right about posting the past and all I'm willing to do is post my futures experiences. With that said why don't you start that thread you were talking about.

Just my $.02.
I have generally been positive and supportive of the vendors here on mbworld. I have indeed experienced something negative (currently actually) and have been debating for quite some time about posting up stuff. I have had the exact same thoughts going through my mind, which is why I havent done anything, at least yet, despite others' urging. It also hasn't been resolved yet, so it could hurt me by doing so, unless i just want to take a hit for everyone else.

That is why I suggested that someone else should make a thread. I never said I was going to do it. Could I or will I? Maybe.....but I dont think I'm ready just yet. Looks like my underground PM world will continue a little longer until someone else makes this first step.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Man I could write a book on this Topic.. As you guys must remember, I had a thread that grew so big that it finally got shut down. We got know where and it was a big "he said she said.. " I have many many PM's and emails on this topic. that it's quite scary how some Vendors are even still alive. What we have done here though is make us all do a lot of reaserch on vendors before we deside who to use for mods. I would also like to add that I have had some fantastic dealings with a couple of vendors hear in the past two month Hey, I was thinking of becoming a vendor here myself. I'm ready and willing and I have first hand knowlage of these damn 63's.
YOU NEVER KNOW I will say one thing, Deal with me and it's,

FAST EASY & FUN, FINANCING FOR EVERYONE
I say becoming a vendor as I did comes with trade offs. Sure you get to offer some cool stuff, but when another vendor offers soming you would normally object to before you were a vendor, you have to bite your tounge.

I hate that aspec more than anything. But once you are in the underworld you dont have to hold back.

Some people just take their gripes over to AD or other forums.

I have to agree witrh you Rick, For the most past Vendors on here are cool and good people to work with. But then you have a small handfull of vendors (past and maybe presant) that I wouldn't do biz with.

The stove is hot right now so its just a matter of when the pot is going to boil over.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I have generally been positive and supportive of the vendors here on mbworld. I have indeed experienced something negative (currently actually) and have been debating for quite some time about posting up stuff. I have had the exact same thoughts going through my mind, which is why I havent done anything, at least yet, despite others' urging. It also hasn't been resolved yet, so it could hurt me by doing so, unless i just want to take a hit for everyone else.

That is why I suggested that someone else should make a thread. I never said I was going to do it. Could I or will I? Maybe.....but I dont think I'm ready just yet. Looks like my underground PM world will continue a little longer until someone else makes this first step.
If someone breaks the Ice others will tell their stories too.. Is this what you are hinting to Turk? However I think you did say you were going to do it, but you were drunk though...

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 06-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
You know there comes a point in time to grab your belt buckle and pull up gentlemen. It does this forum and everyone on it NO GOOD to simply start a thread like this with NO PROOF or NAMES.

If you don’t have the stones to mention names, then why and the heck would you have the nerve to say “well we talk about it personally”. Oh boy I am impressed.

What really kills me here is I started off with a C32 and had TREMDOUS help form the guys giving me info about everything. Including who was a joke and who was real. Now that I have moved on, those same people give me the same respect and knowledge. I myself was one of the first to call out MPH/ANDY and tell him how full of ____ he is. Check my posts boys and girls. Heck, I have even posted on AD under the same name stating this same fact.

I also know there are several wheel manufacturers here that are also worthless. NAME NAMES BOYS AND GIRLS. Help out the new guys.

If you have had bad or good experiences with a vendor step up and say so. Quit hiding in the dark, or sending PM’s to your buddy. For Pete’s sake save someone else the headaches and money.

I realize I am not a W211 driver, and yes I thanked a good many of you suggesting the S600 which I now enjoy, but why all the secretes? Are you ashamed, embarrassed, or afraid?

See yeah
Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
but why all the secretes? Are you ashamed, embarrassed, or afraid?

See yeah
well from my viewpoint, what i say could dramatically impact this guys business, which i would feel a little bit bad about it. and at the same time, i would probably also screw myself over because my problem would therefore probably not be resolved by taking the "calling out" route and i would be left taking a little financial hit, which no one likes. neither shame, embarrassment, nor fear have anything to do with it lol.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I realize I am not a W211 driver, and yes I thanked a good many of you suggesting the S600 which I now enjoy, but why all the secretes? Are you ashamed, embarrassed, or afraid?

See yeah
It's not about being afraid, embarrassed, or ashamed, most people who have money owed to them are trying to recuperate their cost from the vendor. Would you be so willing to give up your hard money to post something that might compromise your refund....?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
It's not about being afraid, embarrassed, or ashamed, most people who have money owed to them are trying to recuperate their cost from the vendor. Would you be so willing to give up your hard money to post something that might compromise your refund....?
+10000
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Chappy
Was "Harris" the first to go down?
MBWorld rules of engagement.

1. No hitting below the belt.
2. No digging up of the past.

lol
Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
well from my viewpoint, what i say could dramatically impact this guys business, which i would feel a little bit bad about it. and at the same time, i would probably also screw myself over because my problem would therefore probably not be resolved by taking the "calling out" route and i would be left taking a little financial hit, which no one likes. neither shame, embarrassment, nor fear have anything to do with it lol.
SO you would rather NOT impact his business and let other people get burned

I'm sorry but from where I come from that's called _______well fill in the blank sir

If I could save one person from finacial loss because of shading dealing or just plain BS, I would.

I really don't know how to phrase it without being offensive, but it is what it is my friend.

I TRY TO HELP OTHERS

Thanks for the feedback, but I really don't agree here. And on a last note, do you really think your silence is going to help your situation As long as you post the truth, they can do nothing about it. Opions are like AH and everyone has one, so stick to the facts and you CANNOT be touched.

For the most part any shady vendors that I have dealt with LOVED the silence from their screwed over customers, as no one would ever find out and that gave them cart blach to do it again

Oh well, good luck jturkel.

See yeah
Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
And agin, do you really believe your silence is helping your situation

As long as your are silent, they win

I will respectfully back off, if you have an attornoy that has recomended your silence. Otherwise, I think it STINKS.

Sorry, just MHO.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
SO you would rather NOT impact his business and let other people get burned

I'm sorry but from where I come from that's called _______well fill in the blank sir

If I could save one person from finacial loss because of shading dealing or just plain BS, I would.

I really don't know how to phrase it without being offensive, but it is what it is my friend.

I TRY TO HELP OTHERS

Thanks for the feedback, but I really don't agree here. And on a last note, do you really think your silence is going to help your situation As long as you post the truth, they can do nothing about it. Opions are like AH and everyone has one, so stick to the facts and you CANNOT be touched.

For the most part any shady vendors that I have dealt with LOVED the silence from their screwed over customers, as no one would ever find out and that gave them cart blach to do it again

Oh well, good luck jturkel.

See yeah
i understand your point point exactly, and i want to share. my only concern is that by sharing, i will screw myself over. my issue will more than likely not be resolved. posting whats goin on will certainly help others from making bad decisions or dealing with bad vendors, but then where does that put me? do i just take a hit then?

i do want to post something, but i'm just concerned that by doing so, my issue won't be resolved and i'll be left hanging. the vendor probably will be like, "f* this, this guy is posting **** and trying to screw ME over now, why should i resolve his issue (i dont want to put mine specifically in here)".....the only way i can see this helping me is that it would temporarily hurt that vendor's business until the issue at hand is resolved properly and then, perhaps, business can continue.

also, what kind of issue is worthy of posting? poor quality? bad customer service? money being owed? what if its just a little? what if its a lot?

idk. i'm thinking lol.

edit: also, i would feel really bad if i made someone go out of business, especially in this economy. but i guess the counterargument would be, well, the vendor shouldnt have screwed you over?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
And agin, do you really believe your silence is helping your situation

As long as your are silent, they win

I will respectfully back off, if you have an attornoy that has recomended your silence. Otherwise, I think it STINKS.

Sorry, just MHO.
I respect you opinion as you should mine. The past is the past for me whether you think it sucks or not, sorry. Me personally, If a vendor owed me a few grand it would definitely be in my interest to recuperate the cost and not take one for the team. Times are tough my friend and not all have the luxury of throwing away a few grand. Just to say, if you post something negative up about a vendor and that reduces their overall profit, do you think that increases or decreases your chances of getting a refund?

As I said before, the past is the past and what I'm willing to post up regardless from here on out...good or bad. Whether you or anyone thinks it's unfair or not board supportive, sorry. Just recently I posted something up in regards with my experience between 2 supporting vendors. I basically got called a sell out, do I need that crap...no, am I still willing to post up my future dealings with vendors....yes. If that isn't good enough....oh well.

Once again I respect your opinion but unfortunately it's my choice on whether or not I want to post up the past. I hope it's clear that I won't change my mind . Have a good weekend my friend.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
I respect you opinion as you should mine. The past is the past for me whether you think it sucks or not, sorry. Me personally, If a vendor owed me a few grand it would definitely be in my interest to recuperate the cost and not take one for the team. Times are tough my friend and not all have the luxury of throwing away a few grand. Just to say, if you post something negative up about a vendor and that reduces their overall profit, do you think that increases or decreases your chances of getting a refund?

As I said before, the past is the past and what I'm willing to post up regardless from here on out...good or bad. Whether you or anyone thinks it's unfair or not board supportive, sorry. Just recently I posted something up in regards with my experience between 2 supporting vendors. I basically got called a sell out, do I need that crap...no, am I still willing to post up my future dealings with vendors....yes. If that isn't good enough....oh well.

Once again I respect your opinion but unfortunately it's my choice on whether or not I want to post up the past. I hope it's clear that I won't change my mind . Have a good weekend my friend.
my sentiments exactly. also, not sure what kind of monetary figure or product or transaction would warrant an "all hell-breaks loose" thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vendor drama