Vendor drama

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Vendor drama

There seems to be some vendor turnover and I was wondering where the dust will settle. This eonomy has put some in a bad position and we get the blunt end at times. Hopefully, we are getting over some of the hurt as the mods start to wind back up!!

I know we have some cases of vendors owing money / services and refusing to pay (all in due time) but I have heard no stories of members screwing vendors lately. Maybe things are looking up.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG & BMW F10
More details? Examples?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Jangy, I think I know exactly where you are coming from. Its no secret there is a underground sub forum called Private messaging. Just because no one talks about in the public forums most of us know whats going on and who is at blame.

Maybe some of these vendors think if its not talked about on the boards know one will know.

A very good friend of mine on here and local drinking buddy Has been owed a refund for many of months now. Only after repeated emails and phone calls not returned was he giving only a partial refund for sub-standandard hardware returned that was never installed.

I think its total BS that this is happening. MBW cant do anything about it because the public out cry isn't there when things float around the PM underworld.

I wanted so much to just start calling out some of these problems and let the public know what is going on.

I honestly think its time for people to expose the miss doings that have happened to them.

I find after becoming a sponsor myself, Its hard to state my honest opinion and I have to stay clear of some posts even if I think my review or insight would help the MBW community.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I find after becoming a sponsor myself, Its hard to state my honest opinion and I have to stay clear of some posts even if I think my review or insight would help the MBW community.
you seem like a pretty straightforward and direct person to me

I can't imagine you not posting *exactly* what's on your mind
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
you seem like a pretty straightforward and direct person to me

I can't imagine you not posting *exactly* what's on your mind
LOL when am I buying you a beer?

I am rather upfront. I hate it more than anything when my friends are getting scammed or ripped off.

I find myself reading the board alot and saying "Thank god someone said that."
Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
There will always be drama...can't escape it, LOL
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
LOL when am I buying you a beer?

I am rather upfront. I hate it more than anything when my friends are getting scammed or ripped off.

I find myself reading the board alot and saying "Thank god someone said that."
We'll probably have to go with "it's the thought that counts" on that beer. I'm in VA and haven't been west of the Shenandoah Valley in about a decade.

I'm a very direct person as well, I'd never make it in politics.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
A very good friend of mine on here and local drinking buddy has been owed a refund for many of months now. Only after repeated emails and phone calls not returned was he given only a partial refund for sub-standard hardware returned that was never installed.
wow. that sucks.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 AM

I've heard rumors about certain vendors owing money to several customers. No "victim" wants to do a public call-out for fear it will ruin what little chance they might have of ever getting the money that's owed them. Plus all of the relativists on the Board would do their usual "two sides to the story" routine. Who needs that crap? Usually, if a vendor owes a customer money, the customer is getting screwed, not the vendor. But as a consumer, I'd sure like to know which vendors to avoid.

Did that CLS63 owner that did a call-out a while back ever collect the money that was owed him?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
when things float around the PM underworld.
I love that description! "PM Underworld" suits it to a "T" "Off Topic" = "PM Underworld-Light"

If ONLY I could share a 1/16 of what I've read in the "Underworld" this forum would implode Some of these Sponsors are indeed SHADY, 1 in particular, I think you know who I'm talking about is quite UNSAVORY
Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Thericker
I love that description! "PM Underworld" suits it to a "T" "Off Topic" = "PM Underworld-Light"

If ONLY I could share a 1/16 of what I've read in the "Underworld" this forum would implode Some of these Sponsors are indeed SHADY, 1 in particular, I think you know who I'm talking about is quite UNSAVORY
do share i wish to join the underworld, ill be the middle east branch HQ
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
I'm sure the rest of us would like to know about these "shady" vendors, so we can steer clear or them.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
It does help to come forth and expose wrongdoing to save others from making the same mistake.

Money is earned and not given to most of us. Who wants to get ripped-off?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

+1...I may not know as much as you but I know my fair share...

I for one haven't gotten screwed by any vendor so I can't say anything. I do not plan on speaking on behalf of any members either. The time will come soon...
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Vendor Drama

As a very small supplier too some of the vendors ,that sell to our members here. I got to say VRP Canada, LET/Eurocharge, & MHP , have been jam up and always paid within a very reasonal time frame. In fact even all my private sales (Except 1) have always paid with no problems. Of coarse I do not sell big dollar items either. I have brought some small stuff from some sketchy venders of blower Accessiores, They soon wentaway. Kleemann was a good vender too, If I had an software complaint , They stepped up and made things work for me Right! I can be a bit fussy at times. All in all I got to hand ,a Ataboy to the mention venders.Many Thanks to all of you guy's. __PTEngineering

Last edited by PTE; 06-25-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
+1...I may not know as much as you but I know my fair share...

I for one haven't gotten screwed by any vendor so I can't say anything. I do not plan on speaking on behalf of any members either. The time will come soon...
Exactly bud! PM Underworld, is indeed the Femoral Artery of this board... Put another way it's like "Fight Club" 1st rule of Fight Club, DO NOT TALK about Fight Club!

Lawsuits, threats of Legal action would fly if intimate details were shared on the open forums. But like Karma those who do wrong will eventually Self-Destruct it's only a matter of time, the ONLY shame is that we in the know can't stop/help others from being taken by these Charlatans before their found out. Only bit of advice I can give is to Thoroughly Research Sponsors/Tuners before handing over your fav/asset-beast.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Exactly bud! PM Underworld, is indeed the Femoral Artery of this board... Put another way it's like "Fight Club" 1st rule of Fight Club, DO NOT TALK about Fight Club!

Lawsuits, threats of Legal action would fly if intimate details were shared on the open forums. But like Karma those who do wrong will eventually Self-Destruct it's only a matter of time, the ONLY shame is that we in the know can't stop/help others from being taken by these Charlatans before their found out. Only bit of advice I can give is to Thoroughly Research Sponsors/Tuners before handing over your fav/asset-beast.
well said
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Rule 2 of the PM underworld is "Keep it in your sneaker"

I think for the most part the members that are involves in the underworld know whats going on.

We know whats products are good, who to avoid, and how to keep it in our sneaker. trust is everything.

To join all you have to do is PM someone and ask for their real take on an issue. But remember you are being trusted in total confidence. Thats why PM's cant be posted in threads. TOU violation.

Personally I cant wait until all this BS comes out. Members really need to take back this forum.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG

To join all you have to do is PM someone and ask for their real take on an issue. But remember you are being trusted in total confidence. Thats why PM's cant be posted in threads. TOU violation.
haha....+1

Personally I cant wait until all this BS comes out. Members really need to take back this forum.
me too! maybe someone will finally say something and get the ball rollin'
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Rule 2 of the PM underworld is "Keep it in your sneaker"

I think for the most part the members that are involves in the underworld know whats going on.

We know whats products are good, who to avoid, and how to keep it in our sneaker. trust is everything.

well said mike. Do your research on every vendor when the time comes to mod. I joined the pm undergound a while ago and this is where you'll hear the full truth with nothing held back. Sometime it's even taken offline and discussed through email.

Last edited by bassn_07; 06-26-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Email is the only way, but I am getting tired of hearing the same old thing.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Email is the only way, but I am getting tired of hearing the same old thing.
You're the one that actually recommnended using email......
Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by bassn_07
You're the one that actually recommnended using email......

Exactly. Keep it private and spread the word ASAP. Enough is enough.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I hear you on enough is enough! I really hate when people promise things and don't deliver, week after week.

Like I said before, from now on, good or bad it's going to be posted. I'm totally guilty of not posting some of my negative experiences with vendors, shame on me! It's really a hard thing to do at times for many reasons, the top one being loyalty.

Here's a question, if you had a supporting vendors product fail would you post immediately or wait to see how they handle it? Or, would you post it up immediately and post the way the vendor handled the matter regardless. The way I see it, everyone will have some type of problem when modding and the way the vendor handles that problem after the fact goes a long way. Think about it, if you never post the problem the vendor will never get the props they deserve for excellent customer service and the fact that they took care of their customers after the sale.

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here but if I would of knew some of the things I know now about some of the vendors I never would have given them my money.

Let me add, I have had way more positive experiences with vendors here on MBW than negative. Props to all you guys who keep it real and thanks for your services....you know who you are . The people I've dealt with in the past knows that I love to mod and usually works with me in every way. Thanks again guys!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
WHAT ABOUT RACING

Lets do it man !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vendor drama