Any experience with Autothority in VA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Any experience with Autothority in VA?

I called Autothority in VA today and they claim they can custom dyno tune benzes. I talked to a member on the forum that has had experience with his Porsche there. Anybody take their benz to them? They are local to me so thats a huge plus but I know nothing about them so thats a huge minus. They charge $350/hr to tune They seem confident and said they have tuned sc CLK55's before I also hear dthere is a kleemann supercharged CLK55 in southern MD built by them that runs 12-13PSI on a stock motor but I dont know how true that is
Old 06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
That's a tough call. This car that they claimed to have tune, would they give you the dudes number for a reference check? Would that $350 at least include dyno time? This is the one of the main reasons why I went back to PC....somewhat local.

Just out of curiosity, how many SC CLK55 do you think there are?

If it was me I would definitely stick with the well known names out there, too much to risk....JMO.

Good luck with your search!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Ahmad, that is strange that they never advertised that they can tune Mercedes. I would stay away from the place, if it is the same autoathority that had a shop in Fairfax city couple years ago
Old 06-27-2009, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
I think they mainly do or did porsches...I've heard good and bad things abotu them...seems kinda risky but I don't have enough info or exprience with them to make any call one way or the other...I'd stick witht he known MB tuning community...these cars can be expensive if things go south, that's for sure bro
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I called Autothority in VA today and they claim they can custom dyno tune benzes. I talked to a member on the forum that has had experience with his Porsche there. Anybody take their benz to them? They are local to me so thats a huge plus but I know nothing about them so thats a huge minus. They charge $350/hr to tune They seem confident and said they have tuned sc CLK55's before I also hear dthere is a kleemann supercharged CLK55 in southern MD built by them that runs 12-13PSI on a stock motor but I dont know how true that is
Don't you kinda think that if this car existed, we'd know about it by now? Especially being in our backyard?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I want a tune really bad and I'm almost getting desperate lol
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Did you speak with Min? He's a sharp guy, confident and he's done a bunch of OBDI chips for Porsche's in the past for me.

I was going to use their software/hardware configuration to tune cars in-house but I just didn't think the cost and what they offer was good enough IMO.

I have a guy in Southampton, PA (PES Tuning) that just finished up 3 of the first supercharged R8's in the world. Tony has been tuning cars for as long as anybody in the game.

I would never steer you wrong Ahmad! You know that!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 PM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
I have a guy in Southampton, PA (PES Tuning) that just finished up 3 of the first supercharged R8's in the world. Tony has been tuning cars for as long as anybody in the game.

I would never steer you wrong Ahmad! You know that!
Tony is also a sucker, and has blown more than one audi motor on occasion with his supercharger kits. His tuning is horrible ever since he split with GIAC. His current software for the 3.0L with his M62 Supercharger runs so lean up top that motors literally just melt pistons when taken above 6K RPMs. Tony might beable to fabricate a kit up, but his tuning ability is not there. The only saving grace most likely with his R8 projects is that motor comes with forged pistons.

Last edited by Craigo; 06-28-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
[QUOTE=blackbenzz;3596181]I called Autothority in VA today and they claim they can custom dyno tune benzes. I talked to a member on the forum that has had experience with his Porsche there. Anybody take their benz to them? They are local to me so thats a huge plus but I know nothing about them so thats a huge minus. They charge $350/hr to tune They seem confident and said they have tuned sc CLK55's before I also hear dthere is a kleemann supercharged CLK55 in southern MD built by them that runs 12-13PSI on a stock motor but I dont know how true that is [/QUOTE

Go over to Rennlist and do a search then decide for yourself.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
Ahmad, that is strange that they never advertised that they can tune Mercedes. I would stay away from the place, if it is the same autoathority that had a shop in Fairfax city couple years ago
Sounds like you know them too.
Yes it is part of the origional autothority. Minh was Porsche Pitstop, then just Pitstop and they merged into Autothority Pitstop. The owner of autothority from Fairfax is still associated but not directly with the shops day to day operation.
I did business with them for many years and ultimatly decided to no longer do business with him based on dissappointment after dissappointment from the work performed. Minh trashing one of my cars and the list goes on, but not worth rehashing every miserable detail of the experience.

BB: whatever you end up doing it up to you, just dont say noone tried to warn ya!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
All I can say is that they have been there a LONG time. I remember them in the early 80s at Summit Point.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:52 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Ahmad,
I would take my car to Funktion Auto in Sterling off of West Ox Road. They tune high end cars and are a great bunch of guys there. Owner is a great guy. I've done business with them as well as numerous friends. They tune Porsches, Astons, MB, Audi's. Like I said, it's located in Sterling
Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by von32897
Ahmad,
I would take my car to Funktion Auto in Sterling off of West Ox Road. They tune high end cars and are a great bunch of guys there. Owner is a great guy. I've done business with them as well as numerous friends. They tune Porsches, Astons, MB, Audi's. Like I said, it's located in Sterling
overpriced.. nah, hold on, that place is way OVERpriced place
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Thanks for all the info guys. At this point I've decided against Autothority and will just keep my car untuned til I figure something out. MB tuning SUCKS!
If I had a honda, supra, BMW, Audi, pretty much anything BUT a benz I would have easily been retuned by now
Ahmad,
Walid is a nice guy but charges alot. What they do is upload generic tunes, they don't do custom tuning from what I understand. They don't even have an in house dyno.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. At this point I've decided against Autothority and will just keep my car untuned til I figure something out. MB tuning SUCKS!
If I had a honda, supra, BMW, Audi, pretty much anything BUT a benz I would have easily been retuned by now

Walid is a nice guy but charges alot. What they do is upload generic tunes, they don't do custom tuning from what I understand. They don't even have an in house dyno.
Anybody has experience with On Pole Mortorsport in Clarksville?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Anybody has experience with On Pole Mortorsport in Clarksville?
I know the owner John Winter. It's not really a shop
Old 06-30-2009, 03:08 PM

I know the owner John Winter. It's not really a shop
blackbenzz,
What do they do there? Seems like they install Renntech, Kleemann, Ect...
Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
blackbenzz,
What do they do there? Seems like they install Renntech, Kleemann, Ect...
I dont think it's like an official shop. They do sell and install parts but I would contact them for details. The owner was my instructor at Summit Point for a few sessions