W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11.236 @ 128.1 mph @ Sacramento Raceway!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Hey Josh,

Damn! Are you trying to egg me on or what...!

If I end up winning do I get to take home the AMG flag? That itself might make it worth it..... If I do make it down I want some Sacramento Raceway commitment from both you and Rick . One other thing, will there be other E55's coming? I'm hoping some of the other 500+ rwhp cars will show - Benzgal, Sun, Bluemonster, and I think MJ50 if I'm not mistaken. It would definitely make it more fun meeting and greeting all the board members I've spoken with.

Yeah, I'm sure Rick will smoke me but it will still be fun. As well as my car did it can't compete with a 722 hp beast like Ricks . If I make it we'll see what happens, winner buys the rounds afterwards .
Wow...I'm honored that you put me alongside those great names....Although I'm not as fast as them...it's an honor...thanks buddy!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Wow...I'm honored that you put me alongside those great names....Although I'm not as fast as them...it's an honor...thanks buddy!
Sun..quit being so humble . Your car has already proven to be amongst the fastest E55's ! I know you'll have a few surprises for us at Famoso and I can't wait to see that beautiful beast run again.

Do you have plans on Saturday? If I end up going it would be great to see you again and if you haven't got your tires yet feel free to give mine a shot.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Man Josh are trying to get be shot? LOL I have know Idea what the car will do at this time. I just know it is crazy in the low end TQ and never seems to quit pulling.. No spray to start with but I do want to feel that 722 hp pull When I last dyno'd the car it was in AZ at about 95-97 degrees.. Do you think it would dyno higher with better weather? I will bring the AMG FLAG for the winner. Man, it's been in the famaly for a couple years now, so whom ever ends up with it PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT. It will be fun seeing some of the crew out there.. Come on SD CREW lets role man.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sun..quit being so humble . Your car has already proven to be amongst the fastest E55's ! I know you'll have a few surprises for us at Famoso and I can't wait to see that beautiful beast run again.

Do you have plans on Saturday? If I end up going it would be great to see you again and if you haven't got your tires yet feel free to give mine a shot.
Let me know if you come down this weekend. Granted our schedules match up, well definitely hang!

I won't have any more surprises. I'm done with the motor. I'm jus aiming for a new PB the next time out. Just trying to keep up with you buddy!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Man Josh are trying to get be shot? LOL I have know Idea what the car will do at this time. I just know it is crazy in the low end TQ and never seems to quit pulling.. No spray to start with but I do want to feel that 722 hp pull When I last dyno'd the car it was in AZ at about 95-97 degrees.. Do you think it would dyno higher with better weather? I will bring the AMG FLAG for the winner. Man, it's been in the famaly for a couple years now, so whom ever ends up with it PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT. It will be fun seeing some of the crew out there.. Come on SD CREW lets role man.
I was just joking about the flag, that's something betwen you and Josh. That thing deserves to be Socal and not Norcal, very few race here .

Let me know if you come down this weekend. Granted our schedules match up, well definitely hang!

I won't have any more surprises. I'm done with the motor. I'm jus aiming for a new PB the next time out. Just trying to keep up with you buddy!
I'll bump you up if I head down. Even if you don't run it would be great to see you again .
Old 07-14-2009, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Alan I have no problem awarding the flag to the fastest AMG!

Please do not make me face this Vellano show car alone. Guys the only chance any one has of defeating this super car , as seen on "supercars exposed" is bringing a weapon of equal firepower.

My car will be vaporized , I will stick to racing modded mini coopers and such.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Alan,
Congrats! I am so happy for and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I know what you mean about reaching a point when you are happy with your car. We both know it's not reality for us mod junkies! Lol
I wish I could join you but I'm on a well deserved vacation.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
If you are talking about uncorrected dyno numbers then yes it will be higher in better weather conditions
Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Marcus....how's the E running? Have you decided on what your plans are in regards to a tune?
Haven't had time to work on the car... going to swing by CPT one of these days to put together a game plan. Powerchips is coming to one of the local tuners soon (August) and I may have them do a tune then.

Car runs fine, just has high IATs. I'll figure it out, just no time.

-m