W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a custom RENNTech tune???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Anyone running a custom RENNTech tune???

So I'll be getting my LT's and pulley and stuff soon and I decided to go with a Custom RENNTech tune ,because my car has a regular RENNtech tuen right now. Does anyone have a custom RENNtech tune? I dont really want to be the first one since I've bee hearing all of these "custom tune" horror stories. Any input would help thanks.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
So I'll be getting my LT's and pulley and stuff soon and I decided to go with a Custom RENNTech tune ,because my car has a regular RENNtech tuen right now. Does anyone have a custom RENNtech tune? I dont really want to be the first one since I've bee hearing all of these "custom tune" horror stories. Any input would help thanks.
I wouldn't even question Renntech's ability to custom tune, I hear their guy Jeff is awesome. Look up Vinney, I think he mentioned having a custom Renntech tune.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
ya its just I really havent ever heard any thing about the custom RENNtech tune. I've been hearing good things about the custom PC tune and bad things about the custom LET. but nothing about these
Old 07-11-2009, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I have many custom RennTech tunes.. 100% GREAT TUNES. Just wait until the next track event .. My car is a beast... YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
ya its just I really havent ever heard any thing about the custom RENNtech tune. I've been hearing good things about the custom PC tune and bad things about the custom LET. but nothing about these
Ken Rudy will take care of you. feel free to email him kenr@renntechmercedes.com He's a great guy and a good friend.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
How much does it cost?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
My car already has a RENNtech tune so its $400 but dyno comp charges $185 a hour I think so it will be close to $600 but IDK how much it is to get one for a stock ECU.

Last edited by RenntechE55; 07-11-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
My car already has a RENNtech tune so its $400 but dyno comp charges $185 a our I think so it will be close to $600 but IDK how much it is to get one
My final dyno tune took a little over 3 hours which was well worth it. The shop I used charges $100 per hour. Is that $185 charge from Dyno Comp per hour? How do they charge, actual dyno time usage which means only when it's running or actually per hour which means while you're waiting in between tuning you're still paying? The latter seems like the most common but at $185 it seems high for an hourly rate, from what I've seen. Either way as long as it's done right to begin with it will be well worth it.

When I got my LET tune it took them 3 hours at $100 per hour. In the end I wasn't satisfied with their product and therefore a waste of my money. This was my first custom tuning experience and it didn't go well. With a company like Renntech and Dyno Comp I'm sure you'll end up with a product well worth the money spent. In the end that's what it comes down to....being completely satisfied. From here all your hard earned money spent feel justified!!! Good luck and I can't wait to seen your end results.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
My car already has a RENNtech tune so its $400 but dyno comp charges $185 a our I think so it will be close to $600 but IDK how much it is to get one
Hmmm, I will contact them and find out thanks. It's rediculous how hard it is to get a custom tune around here. In any other car it would be easy and people would be fighting for your business to tune your car. If I was a tuner and had the opportunity to tune one of the fastest benzes I would do it because it would actually promote business. I would even do it for free! lol
Old 07-11-2009, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by bassn_07
My final dyno tune took a little over 3 hours which was well worth it. The shop I used charges $100 per hour. Is that $185 charge from Dyno Comp per hour? How do they charge, actual dyno time usage which means only when it's running or actually per hour which means while you're waiting in between tuning you're still paying? The latter seems like the most common but at $185 it seems high for an hourly rate, from what I've seen. Either way as long as it's done right to begin with it will be well worth it.

When I got my LET tune it took them 3 hours at $100 per hour. In the end I wasn't satisfied with their product and therefore a waste of my money. This was my first custom tuning experience and it didn't go well. With a company like Renntech and Dyno Comp I'm sure you'll end up with a product well worth the money spent. In the end that's what it comes down to....being completely satisfied. From here all your hard earned money spent feel justified!!! Good luck and I can't wait to seen your end results.
Ya Im not sure on the how the hour is time , I'll have to talk to hooley boy , Because when my my brother In-law dynoed his SRT-10 it was $65 and then Hooley boy said it was $65 for me so I go dyno and they tried to charge me like $110.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Ya Im not sure on the how the hour is time , I'll have to talk to hooley boy , Because when my my brother In-law dynoed his SRT-10 it was $65 and then Hooley boy said it was $65 for me so I go dyno and they tried to charge me like $110.
It's always best to fully understand the price and how they charge to avoid the awkward feeling of price discrepancies.