W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sacramento Raceway all day racing $100!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Sacramento Raceway all day racing $100!!!

All right boys and girls I'm going to try this one more time . On August 7th Sac will be having a test-n-tune day which last all day and into the night. If we're lucky we'll have some decent conditions.

I'm really hoping some of you guys will show as I made the efforts to make Fontana. The conditions will definitely be much better than Fontana regardless...I promise. The session to make IMO is the day, at least from my last experience. There were nothing but full blown dragsters leaving a nice patch of rubber behind for us street cars. Traction was great and my 60' times proved it. I'm not that great of a driver and I was able to get a couple of high 1.6's and 4-5 1.7's with my DR's.

Rick.........the Team AMG flag is waiting for you. I would like nothing better than for you come and get. Racing heads up with you awesome and I can't wait for our next meeting. Make sure you bring your wild card (Lisa), she'll be able to make as many passes as wanted. You know, heat soak that thing for your runs against me !

Mike, I know you'll be there !

Mo, You missed this past one and I expect you to come...please!!!!!

Bill, come on man you'll have a blast. I'll also expect your name on the list.

Josh, man up man! I went through hell and back to make Fontana, you owe me one now. I think you're the key to getting others to show. You have plenty of notice and I'll be very disappointed if you don't show

We would race and get the feel of the track during the day session and tear it up during the night session. You could run as many time as you like, I promise. It will nothing like Fontana. Maybe we could get other car groups to participate and have a friendly competition.

This will most likely be my last run until Famoso, my poor car is getting beat up . Hopefully I'll see you guys out there.

Here's the info needed:

Fri...August 7 Test and Tune
Drag Racing All vehicles must pass a regular tech inspection. Vehicles quicker than 10 seconds will run single passes.
Times: Pit Gates Open: 10:00am. Testing 12:00pm-4:00pm and 6:00pm-10:00pm
Admission: General Admission: $10
Racers: $100 car and driver for 12:00pm - 10:00pm.
$50 (car and driver) for 6:00pm-10:00pm .

I'll start the list, please don't embarass me with my name being the only one...LOL! I would be use to it. I'll only put down 5 spots to keep expectations low lol!

1. bassn_07

Last edited by bassn_07; 07-20-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Of course I'll be there I have to see how well the mods stack up from before. Hopefully I will have some DR's by then. Plus it's a 20 minute drive for me.

Yes Rick bring your wild card Lisa I have some unfinished business with her! Is she going to be running at Famosa as well? I think we will need some Juice there too IMO!

I'm off every Thursday, Friday and Saturday so buy me a plane ticket and I'll ride up with anyone so they don't have any road lag!

I'll be sure to ask my two friends to come both have mustangs ones newer and not really that fast but the other is a fastback that runs 10s.

1. bassn_07
2. mikesamg
Old 07-21-2009, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Of course I'll be there I have to see how well the mods stack up from before. Hopefully I will have some DR's by then. Plus it's a 20 minute drive for me.

Yes Rick bring your wild card Lisa I have some unfinished business with her! Is she going to be running at Famosa as well? I think we will need some Juice there too IMO!

I'm off every Thursday, Friday and Saturday so buy me a plane ticket and I'll ride up with anyone so they don't have any road lag!

I'll be sure to ask my two friends to come both have mustangs ones newer and not really that fast but the other is a fastback that runs 10s.

1. bassn_07
2. mikesamg
3. juicee63(weather and wife permitting)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO...keep an eye on the weather, maybe we get lucky
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i wish i lived closer to u guys!
anyhow im going to go to a local drag event on august 7th as well!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jikjak
i wish i lived closer to u guys!
anyhow im going to go to a local drag event on august 7th as well!
Come on Terence! Make it down for this one because during winter you'll have to deal with all the closed roads due to snow. It will be a blast and if more people end up showing you'll get a chance to meet and greet. It's great to finally put the faces to their names. Man up son!!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:03 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by bassn_07
All right boys and girls I'm going to try this one more time . On August 7th Sac will be having a test-n-tune day which last all day and into the night. If we're lucky we'll have some decent conditions.

Rick.........the Team AMG flag is waiting for you. I would like nothing better than for you come and get. Racing heads up with you awesome and I can't wait for our next meeting. Make sure you bring your wild card (Lisa), she'll be able to make as many passes as wanted. You know, heat soak that thing for your runs against me !

Mike, I know you'll be there !

Mo, You missed this past one and I expect you to come...please!!!!!

Bill, come on man you'll have a blast. I'll also expect your name on the list.

Josh, man up man! I went through hell and back to make Fontana, you owe me one now. I think you're the key to getting others to show. You have plenty of notice and I'll be very disappointed if you don't show

Hey Alan. Why was I not invited??? Is it because my car is TOO SLOW???
Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
Hey Alan. Why was I not invited??? Is it because my car is TOO SLOW???
Jerry,

No Jerry, you weren't invited because you have a LET tune...LOL j/k. You're always invited and I'm really hoping you make it out. I believe in the other thread I even asked you and Johnny to make it on down "Infineon thread:. Can you make it? If yes please add your name to the list and let's have a blast.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:28 PM

2005 E55
I'm so sad my car got vandalized today. Some guy thought it would be funny to key up my beloved. I could feel an odd emotion blocking my interest to say yes right now.....

So sad.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Come on Terence! Make it down for this one because during winter you'll have to deal with all the closed roads due to snow. It will be a blast and if more people end up showing you'll get a chance to meet and greet. It's great to finally put the faces to their names. Man up son!!!!!
ill be at the local dragstrip (about an hour away) on that same day!
im also trying to get some other cars to show up as well.

what month is the 'big' winter drag meet out there?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 PM

That's what insurance is for get that all fixed and you will be good by then! If anything she will be nice and detailed and looking good for Sac! Sorry to hear about that I just got mine out of the shop three weeks ago. Kids in Livermore decided to chip up my bumber and break my front windshield.

Jerry you need to come so you can see what an LET stage 1.5 can do against a stage 1 Renntech. Did you figure out if your tune was just slightly off or maybe had an issue with something on the car?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
That's what insurance is for get that all fixed and you will be good by then! If anything she will be nice and detailed and looking good for Sac! Sorry to hear about that I just got mine out of the shop three weeks ago. Kids in Livermore decided to chip up my bumber and break my front windshield.

Jerry you need to come so you can see what an LET stage 1.5 can do against a stage 1 Renntech. Did you figure out if your tune was just slightly off or maybe had an issue with something on the car?
Dude it's not the car. I think it's my driving! LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM

That's definitely my problem, so get out there and fix it I know I am haha. I need to stop practicing at stop lights in front of cops too!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM

2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
I let you know...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
If you come out and Josh shows he'll more than happy to help you out. He helped Z-Gluide take his stock E55 to a new personal best in every category. BTW...Great job Bill.

ZGlide I'm so sad my car got vandalized today. Some guy thought it would be funny to key up my beloved. I could feel an odd emotion blocking my interest to say yes right now.....

So sad.
WTH...that really suck Bill and I'm sorry to hear that. I have a hard time believing people have such little respect for other peoples property...haters !!!! I'm sure your insurance company will take care of you and you'll be back on the road again enjoying your E once again.

Please try to make Sacramento as I believe you have a very strong running E55 and you might have a chance for very very low 12's.

Just to give you guys an idea of what last years condition looked like on the same day...at 8:30 pm DA was at 635 ! Hopefully we'll see similar conditions if not better.

As far as heat goes, if we get enough people to join I might bring my RV which has 2 big air condition units and all the same amenities as home. I'm thinking we could do a BBQ, relax, race, and have a bunch of fun.

How about more of the Socal boys, Sun and Edison are more than welcome to join us. I'm sure you guys will love the conditions when compared to Fontana, if the weather treats us well. Lots of notice to get that day off guys.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
1. bassn_07
2. mikesamg
3. juicee63(weather and wife permitting)
4. Modified 996TT
Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 PM

c32 amg, c43 amg
hey guys do you guys know of a drag strip in the bay area?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by avilajf03
hey guys do you guys know of a drag strip in the bay area?
You have Infineon and Sacramento but it's worth the drive to go to Sacramento since you have to drive anyways. They are more open to certain rules and you get more runs for your money. That's why we opened this thread for Sacramento to host the big boys from SoCal. There's nothing else in the area that I know of unless you take a ride to Mexico!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 PM

c32 amg, c43 amg
im just a noob do you guys think its a good idea i show up?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by avilajf03
im just a noob do you guys think its a good idea i show up?
Hell yea you should you got an AMG why shouldn't you? Put your name ont he list and come out for some fun you will love it I promise. Especially if you like high speed runs since you can do it with no worries of a cop lighting you up!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 AM

03 C32 AMG
I mite be joining as well but for right now its just a maybe.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by EURO KNG
I mite be joining as well but for right now its just a maybe.
Are you in Tracy Euro King? That's where I am at for now?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 AM

c32 amg, c43 amg
alright ill get back to you guys
Old 07-22-2009, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
so tempting..
Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Oh boy, I'm getting excited here! I've never had this kind of response from a Sacramento thread.

sae1one, what's stopping you? I promise you'll have a blast and all the AMG guys are really cool. Make a showing and I promise you'll have a blast.

Euro King, Let's get that car to the track and see what that LET tune could do. It's always fun hanging out talking cars....commitment.

avilaf03, I'm still a newbie and learning. Everytime a take my car to the track I learn something new. If you ever plan on tracking your car this would be the ideal place for you to start. You'l have tons of support with people willing to give their help and advice. Make it down and I'm sure you'll be hooked just like MikesAMG. GET-R-DONE!!!!!

What's up Jerry? Why isn't your name on that list?

Mo, come on man! We need you to make this summer event complete. Please make it down and grace us with your presence.

Rick, I'm still waiting for a response. It's all you fault for having that fast a$$ CLS. All I could think about is heads up racing now, it's a new addiction. Hopefully you could leave your business for a day and join us, it will be a blast if all of you show. I'm just worried that in the end it will be just Mike and myself .
Old 07-22-2009, 12:44 AM

2003 E500, 2006 VW Touareg Individual, 2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT
Yo Alan, you know i'll be there!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Raceway all day racing $100!!!