W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55/CLS55 Long tubes are here! W/ Dyno!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Guys, everyone should remember that this is a Dyno Dynamics, NOT a dynojet. Stock 55 is 400rwhp, a car like mine is 430rwhp... and a VRP600 E55 does around 460rwhp. This was a STOUT E55 at 475rwhp... VERY stout.

That is impressive hooley, and I would really love to see how your basic pulley/HE/ECU car would benefit from these. This car already had RENNTech shorties and still gained a lot! Please keep us posted.

-m

I'm going to have the car back on the dyno Monday we will double check out results. I will even shoot some video's of the pulls next week.

After seeing these results I have a new found respect (As if I didn't already) for Chiromikey's E55 that put down more HP and TQ than this car on the same dyno. I'm putting them on a CLS55 stock motor very soon. I'm sure one of the E55's thats coming in will have some milder mods I will post those results up when i get them.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 07-25-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by TopGun32
how hot was it during the pull? what the altitude?

I expected a bit more from a super modded stage 6.

I know the dyno machine will make a difference, but with those mods, it should of been at 500RWHP on basically any machine.

It must of been the heat, cuz even with a heat exchanger, there is no fan that can keep up.

However the LT are making power even with those conditions. I imagine is cooler weather and flatter ground.. it would be a nice mod.
if dyno dynamics dynos are know as the "heartbreaker dyno", this particular machine should be known as the "rip your heart out and chew on your aorta dyno" for those looking for hp bragging rights.

just to put things in perspective for hooley, last year before my car went to famoso and ran the quickest non n2o et of the day, i put down 484rwhp on this particular dyno.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I think the base pull back in October was like 380whp or something like that under 400whp. I dont think this car has a very big pulley on it. So being in the 470 area seems about right.

Al I know is it was hot an humid out. So there has to be some correction factors
it was 105 yesterday + humidity. you can really tell the difference in the power the F/I cars make with it gets hot out here....
Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
What do you do about the CATS when installing Long-Tube headers?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
trust me I asked. we will need a RHD car to make this happen. I'm all for making things happen, but I have to have something to work with. I will keep pushing the topic as I know you guys are getting the shaft on these kind of mods.
Thanks! Appreciate that; although unlikely to get hold of a rhd car there I think.... damn. These headers really look the part ... btw as per above what do you do with the primary cats?

Power increase could be a combination of finding a sweet spot in a/f , heat , boost , timing combination... what was a/f before / after the install?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
if dyno dynamics dynos are know as the "heartbreaker dyno", this particular machine should be known as the "rip your heart out and chew on your aorta dyno" for those looking for hp bragging rights.

just to put things in perspective for hooley, last year before my car went to famoso and ran the quickest non n2o et of the day, i put down 484rwhp on this particular dyno.
Damn, those are some nice numbers Mike! I could only imagine what to expect from you this year at Famoso . Your car has always been a beast among beast!!!! Thanks again for all your help.

Hooley, if I could only get a small portion of what you've seen with this Renntech setup....watch out!!! My headers are almost done and I've waited a long time to have LT's, I just hope they live up to my expectations . Once again Great Job and I applaud you guys for making a beautiful set of great performing headers .
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chiromikey

got it...

usually the delta is what we are looking for... therefore the LT's showed impressive gains under bad conditions and stingy dyno.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Just want to add that there is a strong possibility between the C55 and CLS/E55 headers that we can get these headers to work on other 55's like the 208's and 210's as we didnt wrap the collector under the cars body.

Again the only reason I didnt opt for a collector under the cars body was.... I didnt want you guys or myself to smash it off a speed bump or bad road.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Just want to add that there is a strong possibility between the C55 and CLS/E55 headers that we can get these headers to work on other 55's like the 208's and 210's as we didnt wrap the collector under the cars body.

Again the only reason I didnt opt for a collector under the cars body was.... I didnt want you guys or myself to smash it off a speed bump or bad road.
There isnt alot of room on the 208 but let me know if it will fit. I plan on getting my final tune within the next month so I want to be "done" modding by then. What size primaries are on those headers and what size pipe does it connect to? Sorry if you already answered this. I would be ecstatic if I saw those kind of gains throughout the curve!

Edit: sorry I searched and found the answers to my questions. Except for the w208 fitment question. How do you explain the 48whp gain on this car compared to the 19whp gain on your car?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-25-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
There isnt alot of room on the 208 but let me know if it will fit. I plan on getting my final tune within the next month so I want to be "done" modding by then. What size primaries are on those headers and what size pipe does it connect to? Sorry if you already answered this. I would be ecstatic if I saw those kind of gains throughout the curve!

Edit: sorry I searched and found the answers to my questions. Except for the w208 fitment question. How do you explain the 48whp gain on this car compared to the 19whp gain on your car?
I had evosport headers and a full custom exhaust duel exhaust before I got these headers done. So I basically converted my old custom exhaust into SS. When I sold my whole exhaust set up to a member on the forum he came into the shop from San Diego for the install. Before an after dyno runs netted him a 20whp gain over his stock setup.

Its hard to say what my car in its currant state with a stock exhaust setup would yield for dyno numbers. But, as soon as we switched to the new header more power was made over my last header setup. I wouldn't be surprised if i switched back to a full on stock exhaust set up I would loose about 40whp. I would bet my boost would go though the roof to an unsafe level too by doing that.

This car (E55) had stock exhaust and just some shorty headers. This car also has a bigger pulley and throttle body and than my car. I'm thinking it just opened up the flow and now air and exhaust is able to get in and out. Also the cat delete has to be worth something, IMO.

Needless to say, I think currant mods played a roll what these headers and cat delete were able to make. I'm going to dyno the car on Monday and see if we get the same numbers. Win, loose or draw I will post the dyno numbers and try and shoot a video of the pull.

I also think that the cams in the E55 vs the C55 might be playing a roll in over all efficacy.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I had evosport headers and a full custom exhaust duel exhaust before I got these headers done. So I basically converted my old custom exhaust into SS. When I sold my whole exhaust set up to a member on the forum he came into the shop from San Diego for the install. Before an after dyno runs netted him a 20whp gain over his stock setup.

Its hard to say what my car in its currant state with a stock exhaust setup would yield for dyno numbers. But, as soon as we switched to the new header more power was made over my last header setup. I wouldn't be surprised if i switched back to a full on stock exhaust set up I would loose about 40whp. I would bet my boost would go though the roof to an unsafe level too by doing that.

This car (E55) had stock exhaust and just some shorty headers. This car also has a bigger pulley and throttle body and than my car. I'm thinking it just opened up the flow and now air and exhaust is able to get in and out. Also the cat delete has to be worth something, IMO.

Needless to say, I think currant mods played a roll what these headers and cat delete were able to make. I'm going to dyno the car on Monday and see if we get the same numbers. Win, loose or draw I will post the dyno numbers and try and shoot a video of the pull.

I also think that the cams in the E55 vs the C55 might be playing a roll in over all efficacy.
Ohhh I see, I thought the only change was the headers (From Renntech shorties to MBH LT) but if I am understanding correctly it was headers AND full exhaust that yielded the 48whp gain. Makes more sense now. Thanks, keep up the good work If I were to do LT's I'd do a smaller sc pulley to compensate for the boost loss for even greater gains but first step would be to see if they would even fit lol. Do you know what the boost drop was for this car?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Ohhh I see, I thought the only change was the headers (From Renntech shorties to MBH LT) but if I am understanding correctly it was headers AND full exhaust that yielded the 48whp gain. Makes more sense now. Thanks, keep up the good work If I were to do LT's I'd do a smaller sc pulley to compensate for the boost loss for even greater gains but first step would be to see if they would even fit lol. Do you know what the boost drop was for this car?
You got it backwards a bit. I was talking about my car in parts of the past post. I have a custom exhaust. This E55 only has headers and cat delete test pipes. So yeah The E55 picked up 48whp with longtubes and cat delete as the only exhaust mods. 48whp gain sound crazy even to me, but its true.

I hoping to get a few of these headers sold and get some independent dyno numbers.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Do you know what the boost drop was for this car?
We didnt monitor it, We should have though. So I will make sure it we do on the next run. However I'm not sure if boost was ever monitored on this car in the past. My boost drop on my car was from about 7psi at redline to just over 5spi. so I lost about 1-2psi of boost on my C55k.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,087 Likes on 874 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
We didnt monitor it, We should have though. So I will make sure it we do on the next run. However I'm not sure if boost was ever monitored on this car in the past. My boost drop on my car was from about 7psi at redline to just over 5spi. so I lost about 1-2psi of boost on my C55k.
Boost is a measure if resistance of the airflow in a forced induction engine. Lowering your boost is not a bad thing; in fact, you've experience that it can be a good for horsepower. Lower boost means less heat and in your case it also means better air flow.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Any 63's yet? how about a full cat delete ? CEL stay off?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Boost is a measure if resistance of the airflow in a forced induction engine. Lowering your boost is not a bad thing; in fact, you've experience that it can be a good for horsepower. Lower boost means less heat and in your case it also means better air flow.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for when I install my LT's. I really believe the headers will make my engine more efficient and run cooler. Well said.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
yes, which means HIS setup runs more safely now and now has the capability to up his boost again with a different pulley
Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Do you offer a mid pipe with either v band or slip fit cats and test pipes? that would be cool. I am very interested in a CLS55 application.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I assume that there is cutting and welding involved?

Is the cat delete from having to saw off the cat to get the headers to meet up with the rest of the exhaust, or do the headers go into cutom mid-pipes that you sell?

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I dont think anyone said it was a bad thing. Making more power with less boost is a good thing. Being able to up the boost back to wherever it started will make even more power
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Yes there will be some cutting and welding or clamping involved. Its nothing that an exhaust shop or good performance shop cant do.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I dont think anyone said it was a bad thing. Making more power with less boost is a good thing. Being able to up the boost back to wherever it started will make even more power
My whopping 5.5psi of boost. I think with a new pulley and tune I might get 30whp more. I've made arrangements to have my car trailered out for the Fomoso even this year. I plan on showing up with a pulley you would think you could mount a tire on.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
You got it backwards a bit. I was talking about my car in parts of the past post. I have a custom exhaust. This E55 only has headers and cat delete test pipes. So yeah The E55 picked up 48whp with longtubes and cat delete as the only exhaust mods. 48whp gain sound crazy even to me, but its true.

I hoping to get a few of these headers sold and get some independent dyno numbers.
sned me a set for independent dyno numbers. i got evosports now ...
Old 07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Yes there will be some cutting and welding or clamping involved. Its nothing that an exhaust shop or good performance shop cant do.

Thanks. What about CEL's and codes? Does this mod require an ECU program to turn off the O2 sensors?

The set looks nicely made.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
My whopping 5.5psi of boost. I think with a new pulley and tune I might get 30whp more. I've made arrangements to have my car trailered out for the Fomoso even this year. I plan on showing up with a pulley you would think you could mount a tire on.
Those headers look amazing, and those numbers are even more impressive

If you can produce similar numbers with the E63 headers, I think you'll be selling a lot of them

How are the E63 headers coming along? And will they be same quality?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55/CLS55 Long tubes are here! W/ Dyno!!