W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO close to going to jail yesterday! You guys ever close?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
SO close to going to jail yesterday! You guys ever close?

Not much to post about for me lately but this one sure is.

Out hunting and some ricers were wanting to have some fun. We get to my favorite stretch of highway in Mexico. A long desolate valley where I have never seen a cop.

I start to hammer it and with my car like many of yours, 110mph comes up quite fast. As I look down I see the 110mph and then look up to see in the distance...perhaps 1/4 mile or less, a white front bumper sticking out of the weeds.

Before he could laser, I literally locked up the brakes and ended up cruising past him at around 70 (bout 10 over). I know he heard the brakes squeal....he had to. I just hammered them and the car went into panic stop mode.

Heart beating out of my chest, I basically drove watching the rear view and my cue to pull over.

No ticket, no jail, but needed to go home to change pants.

Bottom line, on this stretch of highway, I usually go past where the cop was sitting at around 145-155mph.

Wonder what would have happened then?

Hope all is well for you guys!

Jim

PS. All happened during my recent trip to Mexico. Speeding in the US in illegal and dangerous.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
You are lucky my friend ! one of my friend was driving a TSX at 110 and almost got in jail. The cop was too lazy so gave him a ticket at 100MPH so the ticket was $1200 + suspended DLicense + go to the court..... pain in the ****.

Drive safe !
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
acb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55 amg
I spent the night in the watchhouse when I was a young idiot for boxing on with a bouncer but got let out the next morning with a stern warning. these days I keep people out of jail...
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Out Of Control!

Everytime i hear someone doing a "spirited" driving in Mexico it reminds me of Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
What's the difference between speeding in Mejico vs. US?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Jakpro, I always envied that part of Mexico. At least there are lots of nice big wide open spots. Good place to exercise the motor.

But yeah, I guess there can be Federales anywhere in Mexico. You never know.

You had sharp eyes and lots of luck this time.

Be safe.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

PS. All happened during my recent trip to Mexico. Speeding in the US in illegal and dangerous.
LOL! Great story bro, glad U didnt get busted by the "Mexican Cops"
Old 08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i gotta go to mexico... .que paso!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM

'03 E55
I was pulled over at 4 in the morning on a recent road trip through southern Illinois and knew I was screwed, but wasn't sure how low I had gotten before he locked in the speed. He came to the window and said, "Son, I know y'all do things a little different down in Florida, but people 'round here don't drive 107 through my county." I desparately wanted to tell him that he could have had me at 157 if he was hiding just a couple miles to the south, but thought it wise to hold my tongue at the time. Long story short, he was a decent guy about it and let me off with a $75 ticket for 84 in a 65.

The funny thing is I had already driven 500+ miles and averaged 88mph including pulling over for gas. Not 30 minutes before getting pulled over, I was thinking that there's no way in hell a stationary officer in a patrol car is catching me with a 100+ MPH head start on a deserted, dark interstate, but when the radar lit up, I just couldn't bring myself to attempt to evade. I guess the consequences of a failure were just to strong to overcome in my mind. (After I saw that he was in a Malibu/Impala, I was kicking myself for not going for it). I have escaped from the police successfully once, but was 19 with much less to lose at the time.

That's the 3rd time I've been pulled over at 100+, with both of the other times being about 105-110 in a 45 and both of them resulted in a ticket for 54 in a 45.

I really never travel at those speeds unless there is absolutely no one on the road with me (either oncoming or the same direction), and luckily the officers have taken that into account when assessing the citation each time.

Last edited by Hazy1; 08-05-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 PM

2005 E55 AMG **sold** 2005 E55 AMG Take 2
good to see you posting.

Like to know what street in Mexico is your favorite as I might want to visit it

So, umm not sure I need to ask but what happened with the ricer?

Peace, love and doughnuts
Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
here in the Bay Area - CA I am seeing mor and more CHP in the center divide with their Laser Guns pointed. The other day I had it set at 72mph and Valentine started going off as he focused in on me and I was happy I had the cruise set. Usually on the same part of the fwy I usually sit around 85-90 minimum.

I think it is time for a Laser Jammer group buy. Why the cops have to ruin our fun?

I am almost to driver over 100 anymore for too long a time with all the extra cops out in CA looking to make some $$ since our state si broke!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The only problem with laser jammers in CA is that if you don't hit the brakes right away and instantly turn off the jammer at the same time so the cop can hit you again (and that way think you don't have a jammer), he can come chase you and give you a fix it ticket.

Lasers use time difference of when the hit happens and when it comes back, and if it doesn't come back they know you're jamming them. They get jam codes coming back (like with the Laser Atlanta guns.) So you have to slow down and let them hit you again w/o jamming, all at the same time.

You can have three jammers and only get a fix it, but more than that is a misdemeanor. And to be really effective you need them on the front and the rear all in the right spots (near chrome, grilles, etc..)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
close one... I haven't seen them laser at night, is that common?

anyways, my latest "close call"... near my house (in mexico) of course, there is a nice stretch of road that is totally empty in the late hours... I use it as my "test and tune" with the GTEC Pro....

I had a new tune on the GT-R and headed out to see what it would run... so I pull up. Stop the car, setup the GTEC and blast off.... 0-126 MPH in about 11 seconds. Turn around, do it again. Two runs was all I needed, so I'm sitting at the intersection at the end of this road getting ready to pull out, and I see a car with it's lights off right behind me.....

I'm thinking, who the **** is that behind me??? I look closer and it's a cop! I'm thinking, holy ****, I'm DONE, DONE, DONE..... I sit there, don't move, and he doesn't move. After at least two minutes, I pull forward to leave and he lights up right away and pulls me over. He probably thought I was going to do it again with him right behind me....

Turns out he was sitting off the side of the road with his lights off, probably snoozing as I blasted by him twice. My radar and laser never went off, so I knew he had no idea how fast I was going. Needless to say, he was PISSED. He got my license, saw I lived a mile away and said what the (****, ****, ****) was I doing. Another cop car pulls up and I hear them talking about what to do at near the rear of my car.

"How fast was he going? I have no idea, very fast."
"Can't write him for racing, no other cars around."
"Too fast for conditions?, it's not raining"

etc.. etc...

He finally comes back and says, "I don't care if this is the baddest car on the road, you're not doing this **** around here anymore, you're banned from this road, don't come back, I know where you live".

SWEET!@#$@
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by 220S
The only problem with laser jammers in CA is that if you don't hit the brakes right away and instantly turn off the jammer at the same time so the cop can hit you again (and that way think you don't have a jammer), he can come chase you and give you a fix it ticket.

Lasers use time difference of when the hit happens and when it comes back, and if it doesn't come back they know you're jamming them. They get jam codes coming back (like with the Laser Atlanta guns.) So you have to slow down and let them hit you again w/o jamming, all at the same time.

You can have three jammers and only get a fix it, but more than that is a misdemeanor. And to be really effective you need them on the front and the rear all in the right spots (near chrome, grilles, etc..)
so it could be effective and once you get hit and reset the jammer you could slow down from 100-75 very quickly correct?

i was on the guys of lidar site and am i am really tempted to get them and paired with my Valentine will really increase my odds of being able to drive this car like i stole it once in a while
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM

2005 E55 AMG
When I was younger I got nailed for 110 in a 45, out of state DL, no license plate, no insurance, no registration - no proof I even owned the car.

Good 'ol NC deputy let me go! Said "throw the keys in a drawer til you get legal".
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM

2005 E55 AMG
ugh site so slow I hit submit twice...sry!

Last edited by EcruisinUSA; 08-05-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by baldmike73
so it could be effective and once you get hit and reset the jammer you could slow down from 100-75 very quickly correct?

i was on the guys of lidar site and am i am really tempted to get them and paired with my Valentine will really increase my odds of being able to drive this car like i stole it once in a while
Yeah, that's the theory. They shoot the laser instantaneously several times to measure speed (beam going to the car and back) But harder to do that in real life, esp if you're not paying full attention, etc.. imho. And the new guns have jammer codes. It will return a code on the laser gun's lcd. Although they can get false codes, so it's up to the cop to investigate further.

Downside is that to be really really effective you need to mount jammers on several points (front, rear) And in CA they made it a misdemeanor (not just a traffic fine) to have more than three.

But two are better than none, I guess.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Fikse
close one... I haven't seen them laser at night, is that common?

anyways, my latest "close call"... near my house (in mexico) of course, there is a nice stretch of road that is totally empty in the late hours... I use it as my "test and tune" with the GTEC Pro....

I had a new tune on the GT-R and headed out to see what it would run... so I pull up. Stop the car, setup the GTEC and blast off.... 0-126 MPH in about 11 seconds. Turn around, do it again. Two runs was all I needed, so I'm sitting at the intersection at the end of this road getting ready to pull out, and I see a car with it's lights off right behind me.....

I'm thinking, who the **** is that behind me??? I look closer and it's a cop! I'm thinking, holy ****, I'm DONE, DONE, DONE..... I sit there, don't move, and he doesn't move. After at least two minutes, I pull forward to leave and he lights up right away and pulls me over. He probably thought I was going to do it again with him right behind me....

Turns out he was sitting off the side of the road with his lights off, probably snoozing as I blasted by him twice. My radar and laser never went off, so I knew he had no idea how fast I was going. Needless to say, he was PISSED. He got my license, saw I lived a mile away and said what the (****, ****, ****) was I doing. Another cop car pulls up and I hear them talking about what to do at near the rear of my car.

"How fast was he going? I have no idea, very fast."
"Can't write him for racing, no other cars around."
"Too fast for conditions?, it's not raining"

etc.. etc...

He finally comes back and says, "I don't care if this is the baddest car on the road, you're not doing this **** around here anymore, you're banned from this road, don't come back, I know where you live".

SWEET!@#$@
Now that's a close call I've learned the hard way to ALWAYS be nice no matter what pigster you may face... Going to the gym a few yrs back in my old S class, (tints/No frnt plate) I get all the way to parking lot across st from Spectrum Fitness, pigster follows me in lot, I park turn-off car & get out.

Officer has parked behind me sideways throws up lights as I exit car, says "Where are you going?" sternly on loud speaker, my reply "The gym, don't you have anything better to do?" he starts to cite me for frnt plate & tints, tells me to go sit in my car?? I reply why? it's already locked I'm going to the gym accross st just give me my ticket (I was meeting training partner & late)

He says I'm intimidating him??? While he's standing on the other side of his patrol car parked sideways writing tickets, I'm leaning against my rear 1/4 panel nearly full car length away frm him, next thing I know I'm surrounded by 3 patrol cars flood lights blaring (ReCockulous! scene outta Miami-Vice)
I end up being threatened to spend night in jail if I don't sit in my drivers seat?? Nonetheless I ended up sitting in the drivers seat, original Pigster writes me up for all 5 windows!! plus frnt plate, he was actually shaking as he asked me to sign ticket (I later found out from my bro Sherif, the guy was just fresh outt've the academy, & thought I was going to knock his block off, I was heavily into bodybuilding & a very lean 220 lbs back then) my bro signed-off all my fix-it tickets

Moral to the story?

Yes sir, No sir, Yes ma'am, No ma'am... No matter what!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
I am currently facing an issue that might land me in jail. I was pulled over and cited in April for 115mph. I am already expecting to lose my licence, and pay a hefty fine, hopefully it will end at that. Trial is next Friday.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55

Last edited by bobgodd; 08-06-2009 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bobgodd
I am currently facing an issue that might land me in jail. I was pulled over and cited in April for 115mph. I am already expecting to lose my licence, and pay a hefty fine, hopefully it will end at that. Trial is next Friday.
Good luck. The 100 mph law is bad news in CA. But you shouldn't lose your license unless you have a recent prior. Esp if you need to get to work. And you won't go to jail. But insurance premiums are the real kicker.

Did you hire Stan the Radar Man? His subpoena duces tecum filing is the trick up his sleeve. He gets so technical that the prosecution usually can't keep up and fail to present all the right documents.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
I cant believe the 100Mph law in CA, I don't even really fully know what it is, but there isn't a day that goes past that I have not done over 100Mph multiple times. Sucks they have to be so hard on it.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fantasm
I cant believe the 100Mph law in CA, I don't even really fully know what it is, but there isn't a day that goes past that I have not done over 100Mph multiple times. Sucks they have to be so hard on it.
It stays on the DMV record for 7 years.

A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction punishable, as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5.
(2) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense that occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a conviction of an offense under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed seven hundred fifty dollars ($750). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 13355.
(3) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense that occurred within five years of two or more prior offenses resulting in convictions of offenses under this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 13355.

Vehicle Code 13355 also provides for mandatory suspensions under certain conditions as follows:

The department shall immediately suspend the privilege of any person to operate a motor vehicle upon receipt of a duly certified abstract of the record of any court showing that the person has been convicted of a violation of subdivision (b) of Section 22348, or upon a receipt of a report of a judge of a juvenile court, a juvenile hearing officer, or a referee of a juvenile court showing that the person has been found to have committed a violation of subdivision (b) of Section 22348 under the following conditions and for the periods, as follows:
(a) Upon a conviction or finding of an offense under subdivision (b) of Section 22348 that occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a conviction of an offense under subdivision (b) of Section 22348, the privilege shall be suspended for a period of six months, or the privilege shall be restricted for six months to necessary travel to and from the person's place of employment and, if driving a motor vehicle is necessary to perform the duties of the person's employment, restricted to driving within the person's scope of employment.
(b) Upon a conviction or finding of an offense under subdivision (b) of Section 22348 that occurred within five years of two or more prior offenses resulting in convictions of offenses under subdivision (b) of Section 22348, the privilege shall be suspended for a period of one year, or the privilege shall be restricted for one year to necessary travel to and from the person's place of employment and, if driving a motor vehicle is necessary to perform the duties of the person's employment, restricted to driving within the person's scope of employment.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 AM

2005 AMG E55
80 mph in Hawaii gets you in jail if the cops wants to do it.....
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Picked up with a group of sportbikes at a gas station on a country road in Alabama (I was on my nitro Hayabusa). Got caught at 165,was doing 185+ easily. Scene right out of the movies where cruisers come to a V in the middle of the road. The cruisers behind us lost chase so they sent up a helicopter. Didn't ever see them. They held me until the sheriff arrived and he pulled four slips from his book and told any one of them was going to put me in jail that night, and I better have good goddamn story for him. I did. Mom and apple pie. Got a ticket for 110mph in 55, which in Alabama at the time is about a $90 fine and no appearance. Daaaamn lucky I was the only one with legit papers..one other guy had no license, no registration, only expired mil ID. Glad they had bigger fish to fry.

Living in Florida now, current law is 30mph over posted is jailtime and car impounded.

Last edited by Wryfox; 08-06-2009 at 01:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SO close to going to jail yesterday! You guys ever close?