Sacramento track results!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously? This was raised before and clearly is that noticeable in the lack of it for forum members to question it. haha seriously though with regards to the weight issue...pano roofs are they actually like 200lbs and does anyone know roughly what 100 or 200 pounds costs you in terms of speed and time on the track?

What time does that bracket racing start tonight?
Starts at 6.

"Speaking of work don't you ever work seriously?", Don't you? You claim to be at work but yet find time to post most of the day? Go get a real job....haha j/k. Weight this, weight that...blah blah blah...run what you brung and quit whining, you sound just like my supercharger. . Just kidding bro, give me a call if you end up going.[/QUOTE]

I believe AMG had stated before that the difference was only 90 lbs. However, a few years back, a few members weighed their cars at the track (some with pano roof and some without), and it was concluded that the pano roof equipped cars were about 120 lbs heavier. Of course since the cars were not equally equipped and were weighed at different tracks, it was hard to finalize an exact amount. In order to reach a more accurate conclusion, we may need to obtain E55s that are identical in every way except for the pano roof and try weigh them at our next track event.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Next time someone gets a chance stop by the chp scales and put the beast on the scale.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Hey Exotic, I have never had a problem with telling members of my mods or conditions I ran in. People are still having a hard time believing what my car has accomplished with my my mods. On my previous post I mentioned everything that came out of my car. I just don't feel the need to disclose everything anymore since I found myself defending my accomplishments. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.
Bassn, Not sure how many cars you have had that led an ET catagory but many people on this board have been in the same position over the years. Either with MB`s or many other cars. The cheers and the doubts come with the catagory lead. Just have to work through it.

You asked what weight does to ET; I posted 100lbs is damn close to .10 off ET. A lot!

Just relax , share info and the doubters will go away. At the end of the day,, there is no magic to a car..It is just physics. Once people understand the physics, the doubt goes away and then credability grows.. You are in an educational position and how you handle that, will be how fast the doubters go away.. I don`t have an E or involved in the first E to the 10`s. I do enjoy watching,learning and seeing you hurt some E55 egos along the way.. Stay loose and go get that 10.

Thank you for the PM offer, will take you up on that..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
did someone go to the trackie poo and run 10's tonight??
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
did someone go to the trackie poo and run 10's tonight??
Josh, what happened here...hahaha! A far cry from your 1.47 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-bLQsx4_wo

Last edited by bassn_07; 08-13-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
^^^ that's just mean.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
^^^ that's just mean.
I'm sure Josh will get a kick out of that....!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
That's just Orca with a little to much air in his tail pipes
Man that was mean... But funny as hell, I spit my drink all over my key board.. Looked like a cat shaking sh*t off it's tail..
Old 08-13-2009, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
That's just Orca with a little to much air in his tail pipes
Man that was mean... But funny as hell, I spit my drink all over my key board.. Looked like a cat shaking sh*t off it's tail..
That's what happens when you do something great, someone will always find something to bring you down !!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Looked like a cat shaking sh*t off it's tail..
Th at's as funny as the movie the hangover!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
lol, its ok he made up for that now!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Next time someone gets a chance stop by the chp scales and put the beast on the scale.
Going to on Friday hopefully. My cousin is CHP on 580 and he's off for a Doctors appt tomorrow but is asking the scale guys on Friday if I can. I will post it if they let me do it.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
wow impressive, congrats on the amazing run!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Bassn, Not sure how many cars you have had that led an ET catagory but many people on this board have been in the same position over the years. Either with MB`s or many other cars. The cheers and the doubts come with the catagory lead. Just have to work through it.

You asked what weight does to ET; I posted 100lbs is damn close to .10 off ET. A lot!
Exactly! Did you see all the drama that ensued after I posted the 10s passes? People were saying I was spraying nitrous to trap 127 I guess now that you trapped 130 in higher DA it kinda validates my mph. Let the haters hate and go run mid 12's

And yea rule of thumb is 100lbs = 0.1s
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Th at's as funny as the movie the hangover!!!
Man that movie was HILARIOUS!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Let the haters hate and go run mid 12's
True that! It's funny when people talk smack with either a stock or slow a$$ car. "Blah blah this blah blah that, Oh, I don't run my car" . I guess you guys are right, screw the hater and let them be jealous.

On a positive note, my LT's will be going on in 2 weeks with my re-tune the next day. I'll also be having a couple of other small things added but nothing substantial. Any opinions on whether or not the python tube by VRP will help at all, maybe a little? They look so damn nice but I couldn't justify the purchase on looks alone.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
True that! It's funny when people talk smack with either a stock or slow a$$ car. "Blah blah this blah blah that, Oh, I don't run my car" . I guess you guys are right, screw the hater and let them be jealous.

On a positive note, my LT's will be going on in 2 weeks with my re-tune the next day. I'll also be having a couple of other small things added but nothing substantial. Any opinions on whether or not the python tube by VRP will help at all, maybe a little? They look so damn nice but I couldn't justify the purchase on looks alone.
Be careful man. . Whatever your car is doing it is doing with the tune you have now. Like you say, your car is not norm. Who knows what the tune you have now is doing for you, it may be like a musician that wrote a hit song, It just happens and they can't understand how Do what I did and buy another ECU and tune that one. That way you will always have your beast in a box. I have a tune that I have yet to use that is wicked fast that NO ONE has I have yet to use it at the track, but I will Good luck man, Long tubes KICK AZZ..
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S

good find, I found one of my runs that Jon caught on tape that I had never seen before. 12.2@117
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Be careful man. . Whatever your car is doing it is doing with the tune you have now. Like you say, your car is not norm. Who knows what the tune you have now is doing for you, it may be like a musician that wrote a hit song, It just happens and they can't understand how Do what I did and buy another ECU and tune that one. That way you will always have your beast in a box. I have a tune that I have yet to use that is wicked fast that NO ONE has I have yet to use it at the track, but I will Good luck man, Long tubes KICK AZZ..
Rick can you tell me a little more info on a spare ECU and cost. The only reason why I'm doing this is because everything is reversible. I just can't imagine LT's hurting my performance. I'm hoping I'll see gains before the re-tune and changes are minimal.

Rick, you always have something up your sleeve . Let me know if you ever have some time and I'll meet up with you at Sac and we'll run some 10's.

Last edited by bassn_07; 08-13-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You always have secret weapons but I never see you use them
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Exactly! Did you see all the drama that ensued after I posted the 10s passes? People were saying I was spraying nitrous to trap 127 I guess now that you trapped 130 in higher DA it kinda validates my mph. Let the haters hate and go run mid 12's

And yea rule of thumb is 100lbs = 0.1s

Man that movie was HILARIOUS!!!
You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when Alan brought his beast to the track with mine, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Alan joined in later. And six months ago, when Alan introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added a few more guys to my wolf pack. All of us wolves, running around the virtual world together, in MBWorld.org, looking for strippers and cocaine, all in hopes of making that first all motor 10 past!

I'm going to go cry now from all this emotion!

What about the Renntech box thingy you got Rick, couldn't Alan just get that and save his tune or does it not work out quite the same when the parts are removed and put back on?

Speaking of tune my box tune I have, does anyone know what it octane it allows the engine to adapt to? I heard stock the car can only adjust to 95, does the box Renntech tune stick to that or allow it to get up to 100? Or are only costum tunes able to get up to 100 octane? I'm curious since we mix 91 and 100 to make it 95 but I heard somewhere the stock tune only gets up to 95 and if the octane is higher it's a waste. Enlighten the rookie here if you can please.

Last edited by Mikesamg; 08-13-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I type to damn fast and can't spell
Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when Alan brought his beast to the track with mine, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Alan joined in later. And six months ago, when Alan introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added a few more guys to my wolf pack. All of us wolves, running around the virtual world together, in MBWorld.org, looking for strippers and cocaine, all in hopes of making that first all motor 10 past!

I'm going to go cry now from all this emotion!
LOL. That movie was HILARIOUS !!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Rick can you tell me a little more info on a spare ECU and cost. The only reason why I'm doing this is because everything is reversible. I just can't imagine LT's hurting my performance. I'm hoping I'll see gains before the re-tune and changes are minimal.

Rick, you always have something up your sleeve . Let me know if you ever have some time and I'll meet up with you at Sac and we'll run some 10's.
Screw Sac why don't you and Rick with say ChiroMikey and who ever else is worthy, go on out to Concord NC and be the first to have four MB's run it. I'd pay to go watch that beautiful site!

Last edited by Mikesamg; 08-13-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S

You know what now that I think about it, even though its on a different level back in Dec of 07 when we all first met up and I ran "faster" than any other E55(except for Shaun's E55 Stage 1) and some of the guys were looking my engine bay over because they thought I was running a bigger pulley.

They were all running 115 and under even the evosport55 and a couple of other tuned cars as well, and at that time the only two faster traps belonged to Enzom and Housclass so they were all saying "your not stock are you?" "what mods do you have?"

Hater's will come, whether you are running 130 or you are running 117?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sacramento part 2......

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...04-2009-a.html
Old 08-14-2009, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

That was why we never rushed back to sac.

I think that was one of my good runs , LOL..

Dam what flew off the car? Looks like the heat shield came off, always wondered where that went.

That was funny. I miss those 19 lb rims tho, It is gonna be rough being the new 60 ft champ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento track results!!!