Sacramento track results!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Sacramento track results!!!

After yesterday’s event I thought a new thread was in order. The day started off with around high 70's at 12:00 and stayed around mid 80's most of the day with mid to high 70's towards the end. We had a tailwind in the afternoon that died off the last couple of hours of the day.

My brother, MikesAMG, AMG_Love, and myself got our first runs right around 12:30. My very first run was just a feeler and without even trying my car ran a 11.5xx that was immediately followed by a 11.35x. After this I knew it would be a great day because on the 11.35x run I let up just a bit at the end trying to stay above 11.5xx....track owner was present.

Anyways to make a long story short my best run of the day was 11.067 @ 130.133 with a 1.659 60' time. For me this was a amazing run, all my previous records were broken in one single pass !! Mo took my slip so I wouldn't lose it...hahaha, I'm fairly careless with my slips as Mo witnessed. Either way this run is backed up by both video and a time slip, thanks Darren for taking the time to video all my runs . I tried a couple more times right at closing time but fell short with my times at 11.088 and 11.134 both with traps right around 130 mph. I was a little sad not to hit 10's but with a little cooler weather and my LT's I'm sure I'll be there.

Josh, Ali, Johnny, Jerry, Arcady, Mike, Andrew, Jack it was great running side by side with you guys. You guys all have amazing cars and I glad everyone had a blast. I think Ali had the most runs in with his time improving dramatically throughout the day. Johnny showed huge improvements with consistency, he started off with 12.8's in the beginning and ended up running into the 12.4s..... Jerry also showed great improvement with his both his times and launches, great job Jerry and I'm sure you'll be in the 11's after your next mod. MikesAMG was by far the most impressive car of the day. With only a stage I, Renntech box tune, HE, CM30, and ASP 180 pulley his car simply amazed everyone. We had several passes together and for the most part my car played catch-up. My reaction times weren't very good because I was highly concentrating on my launch technique. Most of the time he was beating me by .3-.4 of the line....

Again, I want to thanks everyone for all the support in trying to get me into the 10's. I had my chance in the end and blew it by trying to launch too hard. I went outside my RPM range during my launch which caused me to roll forward at the tree . Either way I had 2 11.0xx passes with a bunch of 11.1x's and a couple of 11.2's. My trap speed stayed above high 127's for a good portion of the day.

Enrique, thanks for helping out with backing me up in the box…it made a world of difference.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Congrars on the runs
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
nice runs guys

I just got a e55 and ordered a 172mm pulley,let tune and HE,what do you think I will be able to run with those mods?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Good morning all, Alan it was great to finally meet you in person after like 20 phone call convo's Josh and Mo it was great seeing you guys again. Mike it nice meeting you and sorry for cutting you off at the end of the track Josh 1.47 I still can't believe it. Alan your 130 run was AHmazing!

I think my new goal/ ongoing goal is to get into the 11's but it would be great to do it @ 119 I could be but we will see. Now that I FINALLY figured out where to launch my car.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Congrats Alan for beating your best time and I believe you are now the fastest E55 without NOS on dragtimes. Correct? I think you just passed up Eballer for that spot. You also just beat JrCart's CLK63 BS time as well.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
WAY TO GO ALLAN
Great runs man
Enjoy the flag until Famosa
Now I have something to work for
YOU ARE MINE AT FAMOSA!
With that said , Don't eat, Don't sleep, Don't even leave you car alone FOR A MINUTE BEWARE
All I will do from now to Famosa is find a nice place to hang the AMG FLAG

All kidding aside, you guys kicked some SAC AZZ
Old 08-08-2009, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
WAY TO GO ALLAN
Great runs man
Enjoy the flag until Famosa
Now I have something to work for
YOU ARE MINE AT FAMOSA!
With that said , Don't eat, Don't sleep, Don't even leave you car alone FOR A MINUTE BEWARE
All I will do from now to Famosa is find a nice place to hang the AMG FLAG

All kidding aside, you guys kicked some SAC AZZ
Thanks Rick, I was really dissapointed that you couldn't make it. I was totally looking forward to our heads up competition but I'm sure you had more important things to take care of.

Trust me, by the time Famosa comes I'll be ready. I'm starting to get my launch technique down and a lot more consistent on my times. I cut several 1.6's yesterday with the 2 best at 1.659 and 1.666.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Great job allan!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
nice time allan !!!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:16 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Josh, Ali, Johnny, Jerry, Arcady, Mike, Andrew, Jack it was great running side by side with you guys. You guys all have amazing cars and I glad everyone had a blast. I think Ali had the most runs in with his time improving dramatically throughout the day. Johnny showed huge improvements with consistency, he started off with 12.8's in the beginning and ended up running into the 12.4s..... Jerry also showed great improvement with his both his times and launches, great job Jerry and I'm sure you'll be in the 11's after your next mod. MikesAMG was by far the most impressive car of the day. With only a stage I, Renntech box tune, HE, CM30, and ASP 180 pulley his car simply amazed everyone. We had several passes together and for the most part my car played catch-up. My reaction times weren't very good because I was highly concentrating on my launch technique. Most of the time he was beating me by .3-.4 of the line....
Ok Mr. Humble stop trying to draw off the attention. You were the most amazing car last night, we all were amazing in are own ways (Juices 60' time was fast) with what level we each were running in but nothing beats a car almost making 10s off nos! Upload any videos yet?

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Good morning all, Alan it was great to finally meet you in person after like 20 phone call convo's Josh and Mo it was great seeing you guys again. Mike it nice meeting you and sorry for cutting you off at the end of the track Josh 1.47 I still can't believe it. Alan your 130 run was AHmazing!

I think my new goal/ ongoing goal is to get into the 11's but it would be great to do it @ 119 I could be but we will see. Now that I FINALLY figured out where to launch my car.
Don't even worry about it I was in your blind spot and was slowing down so you could make that turn off too. ***** happens haha maybe I'll see you around in Tracy! I only seen one other 55 and an E63 but the owner sold that. He's the guy that works at the auction and helps run or co owns the Autobahn shop. Other than that just a lot of AMG badged packages! Look out for a black Subaru STI though, he has it fixed up and likes to run so I'm told.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
What a great time, boy was that ever worth the drive.

All new personal bests aside from r/t..

Got to witness a 130 mph trap and an 11.0 run from an E55.

Also watched Mike go from 12.40's to 11.50's and make dramatic improvement on the tree.

To the new AMG MB runners, you guys made it fun and I hope you learned something, LOL.

It is not easy that is for certain.

After 900 passes I finally learned how to launch my car on the slicks, I hope I can REMEMBER.

I was also sad not to hit the ever so illusive 11's but I left my car with full interior minus a spare, and those 66 lb front bricks. Also trhat rock of a stock battery.

I suppose , I should have ripped the seat out but after hitting 12.07 on my first pass I figured 11's were a given, not so fast.........

It was great to be back in the mix, back running 12's at 116.

I missed Rick alot, I hope the captain can join us next time.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Here's one of the videos I have up right now. It's between MikesAMG and myself. Sorry Mike my brother didn't get your time on this video. More will come and if Juicee wants me to post his 1.47 60' time I will.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bassnmb#.../0/jvE18QIOqY8
Old 08-08-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Here's one of the videos I have up right now. It's between MikesAMG and myself. Sorry Mike my brother didn't get your time on this video. More will come and if Juicee wants me to post his 1.47 60' time I will.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bassnmb#.../0/jvE18QIOqY8

Your car and Mike's car scream.

You know he is getting a tad closer.

WOW!!!!! 11.06? @130 holy crap

Yeah if you have my runs feel free to post em.
1.47 is definately as hard to believe as 130 from just bolt ons. 11.0 just seems brutally quick from the silent but whiney 55. Funny your car sounds nearly electric.

There are still some goals, some records to capture, and winter is coming..
Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Congrats to all for incredible times!

Especially to KING ALAN!

Josh's 60' was incredible too! "Finally learned to launch the car".....That is funny *****, Josh!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Your car and Mike's car scream.

You know he is getting a tad closer.

WOW!!!!! 11.06? @130 holy crap

Yeah if you have my runs feel free to post em.
1.47 is definately as hard to believe as 130 from just bolt ons. 11.0 just seems brutally quick from the silent but whiney 55. Funny your car sounds nearly electric.

There are still some goals, some records to capture, and winter is coming..
Yeah, he's getting closer but I think on that run he ran a 11.7xx to my 11.06. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong...Mo has my slips. Post them up Mo.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Yeah, he's getting closer but I think on that run he ran a 11.7xx to my 11.06. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong...Mo has my slips. Post them up Mo.
Mike was chopping down the tree, had you not been attempting tens it is likely a different race but you guys made it fun to watch.

A few of the "dragster" pilots were wondering why you were sitting at the light, I told em you were trying to make it more fun, LOL...

I gained .9 in ET from Fontana and 8 mph. Seems the altitude and weather impact the cars as much as previously predicted
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Mike was chopping down the tree, had you not been attempting tens it is likely a different race but you guys made it fun to watch.

A few of the "dragster" pilots were wondering why you were sitting at the light, I told em you were trying to make it more fun, LOL...

I gained .9 in ET from Fontana and 8 mph. Seems the altitude and weather impact the cars as much as previously predicted
Haha...the reason why I mentioned this is because after reviewing the video it looks does indeed look really close, you would think .7 would look a different than that. Either way great run Mike and look forward to witnessing you take down the stage I record. It will fall when the weather cools down.

Josh, your video will be posted shortly so everyone could witness pure greatness . I needed your 60' in order to achieve my goal...LOL!
I'm also glad you made it home safely, it must have been one hella brutal ride.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
My corrections using dragtimes "Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines" were within a couple of hundredths of a second when compared to Fontana. DA does make a difference for the SC cars....proven fact for myself.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:12 PM

Yea it was an 11.7 on that run. The best is the video I have and just watched. It's when I did my first 11.58 and you ran an 11.22. I think your brother has that on video, pretty sure since in my video it captures him video taping, it's what the FBI calls a clue! But on that one yea I jumped .3 on you in the beginning and I was just past the half way point and you were closing in the gap. I'd say just short of a car length is left but you fly past me in that last half of the track! It's ridiculous how much it smokes me at the end wait not enough Upload that video it's the day run!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Yea it was an 11.7 on that run. The best is the video I have and just watched. It's when I did my first 11.58 and you ran an 11.22. I think your brother has that on video, pretty sure since in my video it captures him video taping, it's what the FBI calls a clue! But on that one yea I jumped .3 on you in the beginning and I was just past the half way point and you were closing in the gap. I'd say just short of a car length is left but you fly past me in that last half of the track! It's ridiculous how much it smokes me at the end wait not enough Upload that video it's the day run!
I'm getting to it. My brother video taped about 25 different runs and I'm just sorting through them.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Congrats to all for incredible times!

Especially to KING ALAN!

Josh's 60' was incredible too! "Finally learned to launch the car".....That is funny *****, Josh!
Thanks Bruce! I'm getting so close each time but seem to fall short in the end.... From here on out I'll wait for some better weather in hopes of hitting my 10's. LT's will be going on the August 27th and re-tuned on the 28th. Hopefull I'll have some good results.

prodigymb nice time allan !!!
sergs99m3 Great job allan!
Thanks Mark, I'm sure you'll be there once you get your issue figured out

Thanks Serge, I cant' wait to see you guys run again at Famosa. I'm sure Bluemonster and Benzboi will be laying it down.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sorry for taking your slips Alan, it's just that there was so much at stake with those slips that I didn't want anything happening to them but no worries, I will mail them back to you now that I have scanned all of them in high resolution

Without further ado, I present to you the time slip of:

!!!!!!The FASTEST E55 In The Country (non NOS Record)!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sorry for taking your slips Alan, it's just that there was so much at stake with those slips that I didn't want anything happening to them but no worries, I will mail them back to you now that I have scanned all of them in high resolution

Without further ado, I present to you the time slip of:

!!!!!!The FASTEST E55 In The Country (non NOS Record)!!!!!!

Funny story is I jumped on Alan earlier and he was like wtf! No of course he wasn't focused on racing and watching the tree just his launch. He told me on this run he was thinking wtf again since I jumped on him pretty good. As you can see I redlighted and I have video from the line to show both launchs, but my camera isn't compatible with Vista, gotta love Windows Back to my point is he clearly got distracted but was still focused on running he kicked major a Now that I think of it maybe that distraction cost you your 10s, let me pack my bags I'm going on a guilt trip! At least it wasn't a bad run though against you!

Alan Current AMG Flag owner!

West Coast AMG Cafe daily special............East Coast
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Congrats to all on the PBs and records. Alan, your beast is in good company - or better.

2009 ZR1: 0-100mph 7.0 / quarter mile 11.3 @131
Murcielago LP640: 0-100mph 7.5 / quarter mile 11.4 @127
Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Funny story is I jumped on Alan earlier and he was like wtf! No of course he wasn't focused on racing and watching the tree just his launch. He told me on this run he was thinking wtf again since I jumped on him pretty good. As you can see I redlighted and I have video from the line to show both launchs, but my camera isn't compatible with Vista, gotta love Windows Back to my point is he clearly got distracted but was still focused on running he kicked major a Now that I think of it maybe that distraction cost you your 10s, let me pack my bags I'm going on a guilt trip! At least it wasn't a bad run though against you!

Alan Current AMG Flag owner!

West Coast AMG Cafe daily special............East Coast
Stirring the pot...haha. It's all good and hopefully some of E55's will meet up at MIR this winter. We should prolly get a list of people who might or is interested in going. I believe Chiro will be organizing the transport.

Here's your run Mike.

http://vimeo.com/6013733

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento track results!!!