Sponsored by:

**** REMEMBER MHP? ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Why don't we just pool our money together and pay the forum owners here a little more then MHP pays to have them permanently kicked out. I mean- it seems like the forum owners are motivated by money anyway. Might as well play their game.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Pay2Play
Looks to me there are two sides to this story. The driven site has a little more of the both sides. To me, the challenge on the track would settle the accusations pretty easily. MIR or Miami? Which will it be?
FWIW, even though I am new to this site, looks to me like there are a lot of "pile onners". I like to see both sides of a story before making an opinion of my own. But, thats just me.
Andy, we know this is you. The fact is there are no two sides to this story. You owe Rick some money so why dont you pay up? Your banned for a reason. This thread just goes to show one of the reasons why you are banned.

I've noticed AD's benz section is not as active as it use to be. Thats because you, MHP are a sponsor there. Most of us normal people would like to stay far away of Andy and MPH.

Speaking of pay2play. Andy makes you pay but there is no play.

Your best bet Andy, is to refund Rick his money, Its the right thing to do.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Wtf is that suppose to mean? Where did he "advertise" anything?
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
That's what I am trying to figure out but Rick mentions his post being deleted for mentioning what he does for a living. I can only think bashing MHP is advertising for them by just mentioning them or he said what he does for a living and where since it involves selling cars. So should I not mention where I got my car from or where I service it or even ask for a place to service it? They are not sponsors and I wouldn't want to get someone in trouble for answering my question? I don't like walking on egg shells and clearly Rick has to for no reason IMO. What's a forum for if you can't openly discuss things and help each other out?
You guys dont' see the post because it was deleted
You can talk about others, but advertising your own place without being a sponsor is violating the rules
If you own your own service shop and you're advertising it without being a sponsor, then no you can't talk about it - that would be a major disservice to the sponsors who pay good money to support the forum (how else do you think these servers are paid for... thousand of users online at any given time requires beefy hardware)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I've noticed AD's benz section is not as active as it use to be. Thats because you, MHP are a sponsor there. Most of us normal people would like to stay far away of Andy and MPH.
Not just that but they also made wildly false claims on the IS-F forums too
FYI - Toyota ecu's for that car are hard to crack... it was too easy to see through their bs
Old 08-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Hey Rick I know you are ok with cutting your losses and say you are a very honorable man to just walk away. Trust me I have lost about 16k recently with some money hungry douchebag. Luckily for only $75 you can file a small claims suit against him and let a commissioner decide. He has to prove his services that were paid for were honored and if not that 14 day return policy is void. He can enjoy 10 years of judgement on his credit. The best part about small claims is they have to pay it in full within 30 days and interest starts immediately. If they want to request payments you as the winner decide yes or no and they then have a bench warrant sent to show up for court. There he would have to provide all bank account numbers, balances, current bills and expenses, to all income and proof no large amounts of money was moved prior to the judgement to prove to the court why he can't afford it. It's a pretty easy process especially if you are ok with the loss. But if you win and he doesn't pay in full you get to be the one with the smile on your face while you go through all his personal records and that in itself is sweet victory. Trust me I did it three seperate times in the last two years in Santa Clara County Courthouse, sad thing it was the same person that owed me the money

Maybe we should drive down to your dealership Rick, throw a BBQ/car wash with some cuties from Hooters or something to raise money for your loses haha and hey it couldn't hurt your business or our eyes!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by vraa
Not just that but they also made wildly false claims on the IS-F forums too
FYI - Toyota ecu's for that car are hard to crack... it was too easy to see through their bs
I seen that, I'm a member of club lexus from back in the my Lexus days. It seems like he's the kind of guy who would still uses his fake ID to by booze.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 PM

08 CLS63
Sorry to hear man.... It seems that's a risk we always take when trying to modify cars. I know I've definately had my fair share of being ripped off. I was hoping MHP would clean up their act because I REALLY wanted throttle blipped downshifts.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
These situations are never fun to be in...

In any event, there appears to be a positive development - MHP offered Rick a full refund on the AD site. He has to send the ECU in to MHP and the checksum has to match what MHP put on it, but that seems to be "industry-standard" to get a refund from MB software tuners that offer them.

Best wishes to all parties involved to resolve this matter.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Why don't we just pool our money together and pay the forum owners here a little more then MHP pays to have them permanently kicked out. I mean- it seems like the forum owners are motivated by money anyway. Might as well play their game.
MHP is not a sponsor on MBWorld - in fact, they're banned here. So it wouldn't take much "pooling" of dollars to exceed what MHP currently pays IB.

Consequently, your post doesn't make much sense...?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by itsmeek
..I mean- it seems like the forum owners are motivated by money anyway..
Internet Brands (NASDAQ: INET) is ‘our’ forum’s owner.
They’re a publically traded company. Not unexpected that they’ll (perhaps unknowingly) ***** themselves out for additional revenue.

Although IB is approaching its 52-week high, it’s the content, interaction of their knowledgeable participating members, and unfettered exchange of technical information that ultimately drives traffic and makes the site worthwhile IMHO. Disclosure: I’m also a shareholder.

rarfinancial- appreciate you sharing your experience.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Its brewing on AD now. with believe it or not Andy at MHP as himself.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Its brewing on AD now. with believe it or not Andy at MHP as himself.
Ok unlike pay2play I am a rookie to this site what is AD I wanna see the Jerry Springer show too!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
www.absolutelydriven.com

its under the Benz section. I'm Mikeaz over there.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Rick,

Sorry man I hope you can work it out whether in the forums or outside.

We all have a lot of respect for what you have tried to do with the vellano show car.

I do not think you can be a part of this forum until you jave received a probation.

I disagree completely with the infraction in regards to the context presented but it matters not my opinion.

Let's move on, let's get to the task at hand and chalk this up as water on the track.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Wow funny how Pay2Play hasn't shown up lately. rarfinacnial, I hope this gets sorted out, MHP has screwed so many people over here it's ridiculous. It's about time he gets what's coming. I just feel bad that people on other sites don't seem to know the extent of his douchery. And btw, I disagree with the infraction too. So, honest to god, I can't talk about where I work? That's just not advertising. Sponsors put up huge featured-product threads with pictures and price lists. They get to put up banners and stuff like that. They have their names everywhere. That is advertising. Telling someone what you do for a living when they ask just out of curiosity is not advertising. If he had started saying how everybody here should start buying from him, and gave out prices and things like that, than it's advertising. I realize you don't want to step on the toes of the sponsors, but let's just be real about it.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 PM

E55
Wow-Some of you guys are real screwed up...Sounds like some conspiracy plot. I'm someone else, I dont "show up"? It is called a life. I do not live on forums.

Not that I really give a screw what anyone here thinks of me, but I will be more careful of who I associate with here. And, as far as my name, it references the insurance program Houston has with its contractors...As I sell insurance.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Wow-Some of you guys are real screwed up...Sounds like some conspiracy plot. I'm someone else, I dont "show up"? It is called a life. I do not live on forums.

Not that I really give a screw what anyone here thinks of me, but I will be more careful of who I associate with here. And, as far as my name, it references the insurance program Houston has with its contractors...As I sell insurance.
no offense but you should have done a search before posting your poorly assumed opinions about members that have been around here long enough to know what's up. you set yourself up for the backlash with your initial post in this thread by not doing your homework before commenting.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63

If your not Andy than its all good in the hood. Why did you reference MIR or Miami in one of your past posts in this thread. then on AD Andy makes reference to racing in MIR and Miami too. coincidence? IDK. seems kinda, as Obama who say "Fishy."
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Looks to me there are two sides to this story. The driven site has a little more of the both sides. To me, the challenge on the track would settle the accusations pretty easily. MIR or Miami? Which will it be?
FWIW, even though I am new to this site, looks to me like there are a lot of "pile onners". I like to see both sides of a story before making an opinion of my own. But, thats just me.
Originally Posted by MHP
As for smoking my car, let's go MIR this Nov., Miami mile this Nov.
HMMMMM????
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM

E55
Mikey-Reread my post-I do not agree/disagree with either party. But, I am looking to tune my car. So,I investigate heavily, all sides. Even if there is info on another site.

Hooley-I simply repeated a good idea from another site. Best tune wins. Logical to me. I do not want to spend monies on a lesser tune. Also, aren't you a sponser here? Would any other tuner ,theretically, be competition? And, again, I dont care who YOU think I am. Maybe you should have a tuned car show up. I know if I had a tune company, I would.

I did a search on MHP...some good, some not. I searched in other places than just here. So far, even though this board has good info, is in no way the end all to Benz Hi-Po.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
This will be the third time i post this. I post about a bad vendor and I'm on probation? WTF is this forum coming to? Hey VIC what's up.. I posted what I do for a living and probation? BS... Those of you that know what i do can you remind me? you guys asked what I did and I posted it twice and twice I was deleted... WOW what a joke...
Josh, Mo, Allan, Mike, The list goes on there is something not right here...:
That's funny. They put you on probation for something that doesn't harm anyone but they allowed that crook to completely rip off half the board before they banned him. Pure genius.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 08-14-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Sorry about all your MHP drama Rick!
I knew MHP was a fraud from the beginning and shared that with a few of you. Nothing worse that spending money on a bogus mod! Jerk!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Mikey-Reread my post-I do not agree/disagree with either party. But, I am looking to tune my car. So,I investigate heavily, all sides. Even if there is info on another site.

Hooley-I simply repeated a good idea from another site. Best tune wins. Logical to me. I do not want to spend monies on a lesser tune. Also, aren't you a sponser here? Would any other tuner ,theretically, be competition? And, again, I dont care who YOU think I am. Maybe you should have a tuned car show up. I know if I had a tune company, I would.

I did a search on MHP...some good, some not. I searched in other places than just here. So far, even though this board has good info, is in no way the end all to Benz Hi-Po.
I started out as a normal member of this site: asking questions reading post and taking in info. After the MHP crap that went down I felt members including myself had a bad taste in their mouths about vendors on the site. Clearly and mostly caused my some drama of a wheel company and MHP.

I then felt like i just needed to start making my own parts for my car and doing my own thing. In short I got the ball rolling on some ideas and I made them happen.

I became a sponsor if the site to try and restore some credibility and honesty MHP had taken away. I look at most of the people on this site as my friends. They have helped me though some situations and were there to answer my questions at 2AM. In return I wanted to give some cool things back to MBW.

I always look at myself as a member first and a sponsor second. I hardly ever post under MBH Motorsports usless its for product development or the release of new stuff. I want people to know me as Mike AKA "hooleyboy" first and then as MHB motorsports.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Bro, pack it up and move on. You are really driving that stake in deeper. Go ahead and get your info from MHP's site for all I'd care. But, I can promise you one thing. You will never find a better site for technical and everyday help on an E55 and now E63.

You are fitting the profile of a Troll. Do some searching and see what we do to trolls before you stick your leg in too deep...
Old 08-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Hey Rick I know you are ok with cutting your losses and say you are a very honorable man to just walk away. Trust me I have lost about 16k recently with some money hungry douchebag. Luckily for only $75 you can file a small claims suit against him and let a commissioner decide. He has to prove his services that were paid for were honored and if not that 14 day return policy is void. He can enjoy 10 years of judgement on his credit. The best part about small claims is they have to pay it in full within 30 days and interest starts immediately. If they want to request payments you as the winner decide yes or no and they then have a bench warrant sent to show up for court. There he would have to provide all bank account numbers, balances, current bills and expenses, to all income and proof no large amounts of money was moved prior to the judgement to prove to the court why he can't afford it. It's a pretty easy process especially if you are ok with the loss. But if you win and he doesn't pay in full you get to be the one with the smile on your face while you go through all his personal records and that in itself is sweet victory.
Good advice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** REMEMBER MHP? ****