**** REMEMBER MHP? ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by LZH
Well I just spent the time to read through this thread as well as the thread on the other site and I have to say that as usual....Mikey, you are true douchebag. It's unreal the amount of time you spend trying to call Andy out. You really need to let it go man...

As to the issue at hand....I'm wondering why Rick hasn't commented on Andy's offer to return the ECU to look at the checksum ? Did Rick sign any sort of document from MHP that stipulated that he would not let any other tuner look at the ECU ??
I truly think your wrong on this one and a bit out of line with your comment about an other member.

Over the years people build up relationships with other forum members and become friends outside of MBW. So does sticking up for a friend constitute Mikey being a Dbag? I dont think so. So does anyone who sticks up for a friend that feels they were wronged make them a dbag? If thats the case then I'm one too, I will stick up for my friends all the time.

I happen to know Mikey personally and even had lunch with him today. He is far from a Dbag. He is mostly a soft spoken guy and a very friendly person. Anyone who has met him will tell you this.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I truly think your wrong on this one and a bit out of line with your comment about an other member.

Over the years people build up relationships with other forum members and become friends outside of MBW. So does sticking up for a friend constitute Mikey being a Dbag? I dont think so. So does anyone who sticks up for a friend that feels they were wronged make them a dbag? If thats the case then I'm one too, I will stick up for my friends all the time.

I happen to know Mikey personally and even had lunch with him today. He is far from a Dbag. He is mostly a soft spoken guy and a very friendly person. Anyone who has met him will tell you this.
+1......i know mikey too. he is one of the nicest guys you'll find.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
lol, no worries hooley, luke is still upset about all the a*s kissing he did to andy for so long only to find out way late in the ballgame that he had been made a fool. let him have his moment to chime in about me...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jturkel
that's a common theme around here from the mhp fans but thanks bro!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
When you sort the wheat from the chaff, a lot of good (and interesting) info to be had in this thread and the one on AD. I for one would like to thank 220S/24fps for his insights.

While I don't agree with the namecalling (it's pretty immature IMHO), LZH makes a good point that there is a refund offer on the table from MHP for RAR Financial - it requires the box be sent in so MHP can confirm their tune is still on it, if so they can then remove their product, ship it back and refund the money... a not unreasonable request; any other tuner with a "satisfaction guarantee" requires the same or similar process occur.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i don't understand how people can think andy's refund offer is valid or even ethical. it's just spin guys! andy first told rick he couldn't get a refund because of a bs 14 day clause even though the problem was on mhp's end. so rick now realizing he spent money on an ecu that was sitting worthless uses it (wisely i might add) to get a tune that works. andy knows this and in a pathetic attempt to save face posts this bogus refund offer that he knows rick can't and won't be able to accept.

mhp's track record is posted all over this board...please guys, let's try to see through the smoke and mirrors!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
who is Mikey?
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by LZH
Well I just spent the time to read through this thread as well as the thread on the other site and I have to say that as usual....Mikey, you are true douchebag. It's unreal the amount of time you spend trying to call Andy out. You really need to let it go man...

As to the issue at hand....I'm wondering why Rick hasn't commented on Andy's offer to return the ECU to look at the checksum ? Did Rick sign any sort of document from MHP that stipulated that he would not let any other tuner look at the ECU ??
Good grief your still at it
Why do you bother defending any more, how many more times do you have to be slapped with bad customer experience from MHP, before you call it quits?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i don't understand how people can think andy's refund offer is valid or even ethical. it's just spin guys! andy first told rick he couldn't get a refund because of a bs 14 day clause even though the problem was on mhp's end. so rick now realizing he spent money on an ecu that was sitting worthless uses it (wisely i might add) to get a tune that works. andy knows this and in a pathetic attempt to save face posts this bogus refund offer that he knows rick can't and won't be able to accept.

mhp's track record is posted all over this board...please guys, let's try to see through the smoke and mirrors!
Mikey - setting aside the "he said, he said" for a moment - if what you say is true in terms of what physically happened with the ECU (the box was given directly to a second tuner to "try and get a tune that works")... any customer of any tuner would have to expect they'd just thrown any chance of a refund with the first tuner out the window.

Did Rick take the ECU to any local MB dealership for a flash back to stock, so he could give tuner #2 a "clean box" or did he just send them the ECU with the MHP tune still on it?

I don't know Rick, everyone who does seems to think highly of him, so please don't misinterpret my postings - I'm just reflecting that I've never heard of a refund request honored with these steps happening in between.

Perhaps a better question - name me a tuning firm that would still honor a refund request in this fashion (seriously, because while I don't know of any, perhaps you are aware of some that do). While apparently not the case here, what would prevent customers from any tuner getting a good, fully functioning tune, and then just calling up and saying "hey, I'm not satisfied, please refund my money" and then keeping the tune?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
what i dont understand is why u guys pay so much for just a tune!!!! even the prices this guy was talking about was crazy
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
what i dont understand is why u guys pay so much for just a tune!!!! even the prices this guy was talking about was crazy
This was my initial thinking as well. Why would ANYONE spend 5K for a tune Then I started to realize that we are dealing with some very affluent people on this site that are in search of the elusive philosopher’s stone.

That and Andy promised them the world in a tune

Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
There is only ONE solution.

A race , a duel, a battle of the 63's winner gets to decide what to do.

MIR with a twist
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Mikey - setting aside the "he said, he said" for a moment - if what you say is true in terms of what physically happened with the ECU (the box was given directly to a second tuner to "try and get a tune that works")... any customer of any tuner would have to expect they'd just thrown any chance of a refund with the first tuner out the window.

Did Rick take the ECU to any local MB dealership for a flash back to stock, so he could give tuner #2 a "clean box" or did he just send them the ECU with the MHP tune still on it?

I don't know Rick, everyone who does seems to think highly of him, so please don't misinterpret my postings - I'm just reflecting that I've never heard of a refund request honored with these steps happening in between.

Perhaps a better question - name me a tuning firm that would still honor a refund request in this fashion (seriously, because while I don't know of any, perhaps you are aware of some that do). While apparently not the case here, what would prevent customers from any tuner getting a good, fully functioning tune, and then just calling up and saying "hey, I'm not satisfied, please refund my money" and then keeping the tune?
you're right, we should set aside the "he said, she said" and i can't answer anything for rick. bottom line is that this is no where near an isolated incident with mhp and hopefully we all continue to learn about the people we're dealing with in the industry.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
you're right, we should set aside the "he said, she said" and i can't answer anything for rick. bottom line is that this is no where near an isolated incident with mhp and hopefully we all continue to learn about the people we're dealing with in the industry.
as stated this is not a one off where u can brush it off...
you have sevral well respected members with bad experience.

He has not shown anything on any platform other then the C63 thats it

lots of pointing fingers blaming others and his customers, or should i say Ex..

i gave him the benifit of the doubt at the start, but there is just soo much bad info on MHP it's painfull. Go through any of the threads and you have to weed out any good info form 10+ pages of crap talk

all who went for it came back without anything positive
E55/E63
CLS63
CL65

heck even Jcrart ...who has gone missing in action... hmmm which reminds me, any info on what happened ?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I don't think anyone can really answer for anybody else here. It's an unfortunate incident and I'm sure it could have been worked out much better from the beginning if all the 'drama' wasn't all ready built-in, so to speak. Although it does have a reflection on the different way each tuner decides their own method of commerce.

The tuner world was already kind of like this from day one. Lots of ego involved especially when tied into a sport and "who's got the fastest car." It reminds me of surfing and the surfboard industry. A lot of cottage industries involved here. 'Anybody' can shape a board and 'anybody' can put up a website and sell tuning.

With the increasing complexity of tuning modern cars it's not as easy as the 'old days.' Experimenting goes on and mistakes are made and yet egos still need to be protected.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
So does sticking up for a friend constitute Mikey being a Dbag? I dont think so. So does anyone who sticks up for a friend that feels they were wronged make them a dbag? If thats the case then I'm one too, I will stick up for my friends all the time.
I haven't seen Mikey sticking up for anyone...better yet, just starting yet another thread on the AD site to bash MHP. It's his way of saying once again, "I told you so."

He is far from a Dbag. He is mostly a soft spoken guy and a very friendly person. Anyone who has met him will tell you this.
Originally Posted by jturkel
That may be true, but the jig is up for MHP...has been for a while now; yet Mikey seems to be the only person who can't let it go and continues to engage in these pointless agruments with Andy for nothing....I mean, Mikey was never even a customer of MHP, never got burned....yet goes on the offensive as if Andy stole his first born. Such a waste of bandwith...If he were such a nice soft spoken guy...he would act that way on the forums....but he dosen't which leads me to believe he's just another E-thug.

Originally Posted by Zod
Good grief your still at it
Why do you bother defending any more, how many more times do you have to be slapped with bad customer experience from MHP, before you call it quits?
Sorry, but I'm not defending anyone. I simply asked a question. Becasue as is common, there are always two sides to a story and it would seem that Rick left out certain details. Did he sign an agreement with MHP saying he would not let anyone look at his tuned ECU ? If so, and he broke that agreement then no refund. The devil is in the details....that's all I'm trying to figure out...
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by 220S
I don't think anyone can really answer for anybody else here. It's an unfortunate incident and I'm sure it could have been worked out much better from the beginning if all the 'drama' wasn't all ready built-in, so to speak. Although it does have a reflection on the different way each tuner decides their own method of commerce.

The tuner world was already kind of like this from day one. Lots of ego involved especially when tied into a sport and "who's got the fastest car." It reminds me of surfing and the surfboard industry. A lot of cottage industries involved here. 'Anybody' can shape a board and 'anybody' can put up a website and sell tuning.

With the increasing complexity of tuning modern cars it's not as easy as the 'old days.' Experimenting goes on and mistakes are made and yet egos still need to be protected.
Interesting analogy
" It reminds me of surfing and the surfboard industry. A lot of cottage industries involved here. 'Anybody' can shape a board and 'anybody' can put up a website and sell tuning."
My family has been in this business since 1967, I learned art of Airbrushing thru my dads business, seen many a shaper & glasser's come n' go over the years...
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
As car enthusiasts, encountering incidents like this is very unfortunate to us all, and even more unfortunate is watching people we know and respect get hurt by it, and ultimately the whole platform down the road. The inherent complexity in this specific incident, however, created an exceptionally sensitive scenario which indirectly distributes part of the blame onto too many people. Andy knew (along with everyone else on this board who've ever followed any of Rick's posts) that Rick worked, and still works, very closely with James and RennTech in general for all his mods. They've done an exceptional job on his car and have contributed a great deal to the advancement of the 63 platform. I would think that Andy had to have known or at least suspected that at some point in time his tune may eventually need to be read even if for nothing else than diagnosing an issue with the car. I am not saying Rick blindly gave Andy's tune away to somebody else, but maybe (and this is purely speculation at this point) while having Andy's tune in the car, an ECU file read was needed to fix the issue. On the other hand, you have Rick who paid for a tune that came with a mistake (speed limiter and maybe others) so decided to return it. But since more than 14 days have passed, Andy decided not to return it. Moreover, Andy seems to think his code was compromised by yet another tuner, which is of course being denied by Rick. At this point, I don't see a reasonable resolution happening any time soon since whether Rick sends the ECU back or not, Andy can always claim that he did indeed find his code compromised while Rick can also claim that he never compromised Andy's ECU. The only difference will be that Rick will then be out an ECU instead of just the $4k for the tune

Again, it is a difficult situation but I really do hope we get passed it.

Originally Posted by LZH

I too disagree with your comment about Mikey. I know you two have had some conflicts in the past, but disagreements on a topic does not make a person bad. Mikey has always been very helpful to me personally and to many others on the forum. I have sent him many PMs, have talked to him on the phone many times, and have met him at Famoso, and the guy has always been just first class all the way. He is very nice, very genuine person, and always willing to lend a hand.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I too disagree with your comment about Mikey. I know you two have had some conflicts in the past, but disagreements on a topic does not make a person bad. Mikey has always been very helpful to me personally and to many others on the forum. I have sent him many PMs, have talked to him on the phone many times, and have met him at Famoso, and the guy has always been just first class all the way. He is very nice, very genuine person, and always willing to lend a hand.
+1

Although, me and Mikey have had our disputes. He is a VERY trustworthy addtion to this board, and I will NEVER dispute this fact. We all have our little ticks in life, and like Mikey, mine too is MHP. I just hate to see GOOD people waste their money on snake oil. Without wasting numerous bandwidth LTH, give Mikey, me and many others, some slack when it comes to MHP. Afterall, MANY menbers here DESERVE it

Thanks MB forever for AGAIN bringing sound mind and judgement to our board

Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Thericker
Interesting analogy My family has been in this business since 1967, I learned art of Airbrushing thru my dads business, seen many a shaper & glasser's come n' go over the years...
There are some legends and some long time greats of the industry (esp here in SoCal) And a lot of hacks. Like you said, they "come n' go over the years."
Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

luke,

i just want to give you a little perspective. my original post had nothing to do with an "i told you so". i didn't even go on an offensive when posting here or on tha ad site. it was to serve as a warning to the newer members that don't haven't been around long enough to see what we've seen. just today a new member asked who can tune his e63. if i would have told him to stay clear of mhp would you have agreed or accused me another tyrade?

either way, in the beginning i was in andy's corner and discussed tuning options with him. although he later spun that and tried to use it against me i quit talking with him, not because of price, but because i quickly realized that he was full of crap. he knows i see through his game and that's the main reason his posts and pm's about me always take a personal turn. i know a few have a difficult time with all the internet fluff but if you can take it with a grain of salt, the basic message regarding mhp is still there.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Andy at MPH =
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
+1

Although, me and Mikey have had our disputes. He is a VERY trustworthy addtion to this board, and I will NEVER dispute this fact. We all have our little ticks in life, and like Mikey, mine too is MHP. I just hate to see GOOD people waste their money on snake oil. Without wasting numerous bandwidth LTH, give Mikey, me and many others, some slack when it comes to MHP. Afterall, MANY menbers here DESERVE it

Thanks MB forever for AGAIN bringing sound mind and judgement to our board

No problem......

Putting all feelings and opinions aside, and looking only at facts and numbers, the odds are definitely not favoring Andy right now. As others have said, so far he has only proven himself on the C63 platform. All his tunes on almost all other MB platforms have not yielded much success:

Jrcart ---> CLK63 BS (highly modded)
Mach5 ---> CLK63 BS
JakPro1 ---> E55 (highly modded)
MarkoCL65 ---> CL65 (highly modded)
c32AMG-DTM ---> C32
Fr33kn63 ---> E63
rarfinancial ---> CLS63

Although most of the above members were able to get a refund for their tunes and reach a resolution on their transactions with Andy, the questions still remain why the tunes did not work or at least why were they were unhappy with their tunes/results.

I do not want to be unfair to Andy, as I really liked him and respected what he was trying to accomplish for the 63s when he first joined the boards. But unfortunately, after so many heated arguments back and forth regarding with him and others, things eventually got out of hand and he got banned. So now he can't come here and post any defense. So to be fair, there has been multiple customers in the C63 section of the board who I have spoken to personally and who have been extremely happy with their tunes and are running some of the quickest and fastest numbers out there.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by juicee63
There is only ONE solution.

A race , a duel, a battle of the 63's winner gets to decide what to do.

MIR with a twist

I love the fact that with Juice, everything in life comes down to a race!

Thats the way it should be...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I'M BACK
O.K guys i've just read through the last few post..
I will say this ONE LAST TIME!

ANDY HIMSELF GAVE ME THE PHONE # TO THE GUY THAT DID THE TUNE ON MY ECU THAT WORKS FOR MHP..
Now with that said, the only tuner that EVER TOUCH this ECU to date is an MHP TUNER

ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE # NO ANDS IFS OR BUTS
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #
ANDY GAVE ME THE PHONE #

ANDY be a man dude.. quit with all the B.S
If it worked so well the why did you switch tuners?
ANY QUESTIONS?
Again I will say, " Let a rapist be the judge at his own TRIAL? " (SEND THE ECU BACK TO SIR ANDY TO LOOK AT IT?) HOLY SHIZZIT I WOULD BE MORE OF AN IDIOT TO DO THAT , THAN I WAS TO SEND THE FIRST 4K

Last edited by rarfinancial; 08-21-2009 at 02:07 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** REMEMBER MHP? ****