Sponsored by:

**** REMEMBER MHP? ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
So we have come to this buddy huh? Vadim, People that know me on this forum know that I keep my word and keep my mouth shut when my friends ask me to, cause at the end of the day it's about my passion and the friendships I have built not about any sponsors on this board. I joined this board five years ago with a true passion for stomping the throttle to the floor and to learn from the members. I have no clue as to what you are talking about. I am far to classy to speak openly about your issues. If PC would like to start a thread and come on the board for the first time in two years and talk about what happened with pics I'm game. Frankly I'm kinda busy. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I'm very happy and blessed in my life and don't give a rats ***. All these noobies on the board deserve more.

Angela, please do not make me dig out all of the e-mails and posts from the last three years. The facts will be quiet opposite to your previous posts.

If you do not give rats a**, than please do not sh*t in other peoples nest.

Renntech used you like a rag doll to push crap against people who took care of you and your E55 for numerous years.

Is this your payback????

Think deep and hard before posting another insulting response.

You are about to loose one of your biggest supporters.............
Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Vadim,
I am disapointed by your post and will respond with a full write up if need be in the morning. How dare you say those things about RT. He is the most respected man in this business. It doesn't hurt that my forged short block was running a year ago. That shows your lack of class. You are not even in the same league. I left your name out of the post but hey, it was Vadim that called me for PC. I told him if they just called to say sorry about a blown engine I would stop posting. He said it was a fair deal and they would call. Tick tock. You were my friend and didn't have anything to do with my previous tune, but they are your current cash cow and shame on you!

Tell you what, here is a fair deal to settle this crap once and for all.. You post what ever PM and email you have on me, and I can post all of my saved emails, pm's, txt's from my previous tuner and ec tuner, and blown engine pics. My life is far to happy for me to care beyond this weekend. Let the members judge and the mods and owners stay outta this.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:01 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Whoa whoa whoa hold up! Let me go get some popcorn for this!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:07 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I see no refund in sight. There is NO WAY Sir Andy would ever have the ***** to just refund in good faith.. ( sorry, can I say *****? )

Here's a thought, if The tune worked as promised, I would have NEVER asked for a refund why would I ?

But we are clear now, RIGHT?
Andy gave me his tuners phone #
Exactly if the tune worked you would be using it right? You could always file a small claims file Rick, it's cheap and hey worse case you get your money back? Hell if I was slightly better looking with darker hair I'd go stand in for you for a small fee haha! I feel your frustration though, there just seems to be a lack of morals in people these days and it reflects in their **** poor work ethics. Hey you car is amazing and it's no thanks to them so in the end you are the winner!

Now bring the show car to Sac on Friday with my rival so I can get a rematch and lets have some fun! Oh and stand by I am making Team AMG shirts with the signature below!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I've learned a lot here on MBWorld and I appreciate the time people take to post all kinds of helpful info.

And I also appreciate the posts that folks like Rick and Angela (and others) have made about their own experiences.

Yes, it gets a little loud here sometimes, but it does give people like me some healthy food for thought.

And what it reveals is what seems to be the sorry state of the tuning industry. And the behavior of some of it's players. It has made me wonder about tuners altogether.

From where I'm sitting, it doesn't appear that there are really that many actual innovators out there. But there are plenty of tuners who are basically resellers. And way too many egos.

Like jrcart says, it's not worth the headache.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
This is now stupid.

I have never seen any vendor, ever, not get damaged by discussing any customer issue on this site.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Rick, sorry to hear you had problems very similar to mine and other MHP customers, you are one of my favorite MB World guys and you are a true enthusiast just like me. I don't come around here much anymore so I know I am a little late to this party. I finally came to the realization that all the headaches and heartaches over tunes and tuners was taking the fun out of my hobby, it just ain't worth it. I stopped asking for refunds, I stopped worrying about ECU dyno numbers and ECU dyno shootouts and just went out and enjoyed my car. I've recently reached new levels of performance both at the strip and on road courses with my car and having more fun than ever in the process.
Hi Jim, good to hear from you. I hear you man, great post. I am getting tiered of the same B.S over and over also.. Time to enjoy and drive. I jusy picked up a Big Bear Chopper sled ( soft tail ) I'll post pics later.
TODAY I SAY TO ALL THE F'ED-UP VENDORS. BEWARE!, WE WILL NOT TAKE ANY MORE SH*T Screw us and we will POST ( this B.S stops today. Let's stand together WE LOVE OUR A. M. G ' S

Last edited by rarfinancial; 08-29-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Vadim,
You were my friend and didn't have anything to do with my previous tune, but they are your current cash cow and shame on you!
+1000. It takes the smallest things to turn a customer off and Powerchip does them all at some point. It takes quite a bit to turn a friend and at some point you have to choose your loyalties.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Powerchip Feedback / Experience

Originally Posted by Vadim @ FD
Angela, please do not make me dig out all of the e-mails and posts from the last three years. The facts will be quiet opposite to your previous posts.

If you do not give rats a**, than please do not sh*t in other peoples nest.

Renntech used you like a rag doll to push crap against people who took care of you and your E55 for numerous years.

Is this your payback????

Think deep and hard before posting another insulting response.

You are about to loose one of your biggest supporters.............
Vadim, I've known you for a long time and respect you a great deal, but I'm with Angela on this one. Powerchip messed up the tune on her car and have messed up some other tunes on other members' cars who I will keep out of this for now. Unfortunately, we don't hear many of these incidents since Powerchip tends to PM members (or have somebody PM members) telling them not to post any negative feedback regarding their experiences. I've also heard that in an effort to salvage some situations, Powerchip tried offering free re-tunes to some customers but it came 3 years after the incident took place or 3 years after the car has been sold, which to me is just a little bit too late. To be fair, Powerchip did create a few "good" tunes out there, such as Alan's tune but to this day, I've heard many customers state that their customer service itself still needs a complete re-tune.

Back on point, just like everybody else, I was very impressed with Angela's car so I started following its development (in terms of mods and performance upgrades) along the way. I've asked her for updates on how the car was doing, how certain companies were handling certain issues, how was her overall experiences, and she has always been very honest and straight forward with me. More importantly, she was always very careful not to pass judgment or blame onto a company/individual/tuner until she has collected a LOT of data/evidence supporting her views, until she's given them full benefit of the doubt, and until she's given them more than enough time to resolve the issue, and in this case until she's given them more than enough time to apologize. So when she states that certain company did her wrong, I one for one believe her. It is sad that after costing her so much money, all she asked for was an apology, and she still can't get it

Last edited by MB_Forever; 08-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Vadim, I've known you for a long time and respect you a great deal, but I'm with Angela on this one. Powerchip messed up the tune on her car and have messed up some other tunes on other members' cars who I will keep out of this for now. Unfortunately, we don't hear many of these incidents since Powerchip tends to PM members (or have somebody PM members) telling them not to post any negative feedback regarding their experiences. I've also heard that in an effort to salvage some situations, Powerchip tried offering free re-tunes to some customers but it came 3 years after the incident took place or 3 years after the car has been sold, which to me is just a little bit too late. To be fair, Powerchip did create a few "good" tunes out there, such as Alan's tune but to this day, I've heard many customers state that their customer service itself still needs a complete re-tune.

Back on point, just like everybody else, I was very impressed with Angela's car so I started following its development (in terms of mods and performance upgrades) along the way. I've asked her for updates on how the car was doing, how certain companies were handling certain issues, how was her overall experiences, and she has always been very honest and straight forward with me. More importantly, she was always very careful not to pass judgment or blame onto a company/individual/tuner until she has collected a LOT of data/evidence supporting her views, until she's given them full benefit of the doubt, and until she's given them more than enough time to resolve the issue, and in this case until she's given them more than enough time to apologize. So when she states that certain company did her wrong, I one for one believe her. It is sad that after costing her so much money, all she asked for was an apology, and she still can't get it
The ONLY + to Powerchip right now is their doing Dyno tunes.

All else being = Kleemann & RENNtech are light years ahead of Powerchip, Powerchip doesn't even have a TCU solution for ANY V12 Biturbo models, while Kleemann & RENN have been offering a TCU solution for several years!

Last edited by Thericker; 08-29-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It isn't about what PC can or can't do. It is about what level of customer service do we accept from them. I for one am in the process of challenging my PC tune (credit card dispute) based on emails from Travis.

PC had the best opportunity in the world, along with Vadim. How it got this ugly, I dunno. I do know I want my money.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jangy
It isn't about what PC can or can't do. It is about what level of customer service do we accept from them. I for one am in the process of challenging my PC tune (credit card dispute) based on emails from Travis.

PC had the best opportunity in the world, along with Vadim. How it got this ugly, I dunno. I do know I want my money.
Man, Sounds like some thing is hitting the FAN... There has been alot of members posting here that have been quiet for a long time.. There is a lot going on around here behind closed doors
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Man, Sounds like some thing is hitting the FAN... There has been alot of members posting here that have been quiet for a long time.. There is a lot going on around here behind closed doors
Because some of the tuners try to keep people from posting. People should post their experiences so others can learn from them. I know I would. The forum in itself has ties to certain tuners, which IMO is a disservice to its members.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Because some of the tuners try to keep people from posting. People should post their experiences so others can learn from them. I know I would. The forum in itself has ties to certain tuners, which IMO is a disservice to its members.
So true.. I think in our small AMG world here, there will be many changes very soon. Seems that the can is opening. I for one have lost over 10k just for just being a member of this forum.. (much rather have donated that to a charity or homelles person) Some thing just doesn't seem right. Strict rules need to be in place over bad sponsors and vendors. We have laws for a reason. We as the members must have a say and should vote on vendors and sponsors. Also mods should and need to be voted in.. I have paid to be on forums before. On one of the Vette forms I paid $300 to be a life time Super Member. I fuiger this is like a night club or Bar.. Lets pay to play and have some say in what goes on around here.. Lets have some fun
Just a thought guys
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
So true.. I think in our small AMG world here, there will be many changes very soon. Seems that the can is opening. I for one have lost over 10k just for just being a member of this forum.. (much rather have donated that to a charity or homelles person) Some thing just doesn't seem right. Strict rules need to be in place over bad sponsors and vendors. We have laws for a reason. We as the members must have a say and should vote on vendors and sponsors. Also mods should and need to be voted in.. I have paid to be on forums before. On one of the Vette forms I paid $300 to be a life time Super Member. I fuiger this is like a night club or Bar.. Lets pay to play and have some say in what goes on around here.. Lets have some fun
Just a thought guys
I'm Down for this, basically we could change it to "guys that sack-up can post @ will, un-edited" & the paying members Vote IN or OUT moderators
Old 08-30-2009, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I for one am in the process of challenging my PC tune (credit card dispute) based on emails from Travis.
I for one have lost over 10k just for just being a member of this forum..
Sorry to hear about your experiences.
It seems to me that for each successful mod/tune we hear of there's an equal number of failures of which we never hear of. I hear of some but I can't speak on their behalf. And when the failures are big, they are massive... lots of money lost. Of course we would all benefit from this knowledge, but I guess people on both sides keep quiet to try and keep or get their money back. I had a few issues with my build, but all were corrected.
For "now" I am happy.

Last edited by Havoc; 08-30-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I hope my post doesn't get misconstrued in any way, as it wasn't really meant to bash/trash Powerchip or say that they're a bad company. As I've mentioned before, Powerchip has been doing great things with the 55k motor lately as seen and even proven on Alan's car many times. But I did mean to point out that they have screwed up a couple of times and not all members were happy.

+1 very well said

Last edited by MB_Forever; 08-31-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I for one have lost over 10k just for just being a member of this forum.. (much rather have donated that to a charity or homelles person)
Would like a bit of clarification on this line. I don't see how you can blame this or any forum for what vendors do or don't do. If forums dropped every sponsor that had one problem with a customer, the forum would never have sponsors as no one makes everyone happy.

And if there is going to be a rule in place where sponsors cannot make x number of customers unhappy without being removed as a sponsor, then what do you suppose the number x should be?

Just curious what the response would be on that.

Forums must remove themselves from being the police in these situations as they neither have the time or money to devote to investigating every single issue. I believe that is why they allow the actual authorities to handle this and remove sponsors that have been found to be convicted of fraud....although the sponsors are usually not paying their bills at this point I would imagine.

I do agree a ratings system for vendors would be nice, but I do not think it would have mattered in your instance (and many others) as there were NUMEROUS posts bashing MHP prior to your spending money with them.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Timeless, Thanks for the response. As I stated the members would decide I have and can write a whole book on rules and regulations but why? We are all grown ups her RIGHT? I was the first guy on the list for the V-3 by MHP, well that's what he told me? So you see at the time there was know way of knowing, yet had the vendors prior to becoming members (sellers) had to fill out a contract with references and maybe even a credit check at the least, We may not have seen such a land slide in some of these vendor/sponsors go south.
To not get into what I do for a living (AGAIN), To operate I have to first off Show a business license, sellers permit . RESALE license, even have to have a security Bond(moneys held in case of fraud or dispute) and finally I had to do a LIVE SCan ( that checks u out criminally though out the entire USA) I know it's not full proof and that there will always be crooks that can and will beat the system ,as we can see.. Why wouldn't a seller what to show all that up front in the first place as to gain much more credibility? I and many members would feel a lot more at ease if the application to sign up to Sell on this for forum had at least some regulations of the above ststed. So as you can see, doing business with a company that had to go through that whole process as my company did would be and is safer than those that did not..

TO THE MOD THAT LIKES TO SHUT ME DOWN
" I D O N O T SELL PARTS & AM NOT TRYING TO TRICK YOU "
J U S T M A K I N G A P O I N T

Last edited by rarfinancial; 08-30-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Timeless, Thanks for the response. As I stated the members would decide I have and can write a whole book on rules and regulations but why? We are all grown ups her RIGHT? I was the first guy on the list for the V-3 by MHP, well that's what he told me? So you see at the time there was know way of knowing, yet had the vendors prior to becoming members (sellers) had to fill out a contract with references and maybe even a credit check at the least, We may not have seen such a land slide in some of these vendor/sponsors go south.
To not get into what I do for a living (AGAIN), To operate I have to first off Show a business license, sellers permit . RESALE license, even have to have a security Bond(moneys held in case of fraud or dispute) and finally I had to do a LIVE SCan ( that checks u out criminally though out the entire USA) I know it's not full proof and that there will always be crooks that can and will beat the system ,as we can see.. Why wouldn't a seller what to show all that up front in the first place as to gain much more credibility? I and many members would feel a lot more at ease if the application to sign up to Sell on this for forum had at least some regulations of the above ststed. So as you can see, doing business with a company that had to go through that whole process as my company did would be and is safer than those that did not..

TO THE MOD THAT LIKES TO SHUT ME DOWN
" I D O N O T SELL PARTS & AM NOT TRYING TO TRICK YOU "
J U S T M A K I N G A P O I N T
I can agree with this that it would be a good thing to have in place.

The question is whether MHP would have qualified even with these guidelines. He had been doing services for the Mopar community for quite a while before coming on here...so he might have been able to qualify even under those guidelines you mentioned.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
He would easily have qualified. Let's not get into blaming the site and get back to watching eachother's backs. Don't forget.....if it sounds too good...blah blah blah.

Many of us called BS or asked detailed questions when Andy showed up and made his first claims, and I even said he would end up ripping off a few just because he promised things that did not exist at the time. The cloud got some of us and I hate that, but let's take the blame and move on.

MHP may get away with this stuff on Mopars, but I'll bet the word will spread. I would guess he will be operating under a different name soon enough like all that want to turn a new leaf....
Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...MHP may get away with this stuff on Mopars, but I'll bet the word will spread. I would guess he will be operating under a different name soon enough like all that want to turn a new leaf....
lmao, the word has spread and there are still newbie c63 guys thinking about buying from this guy.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Let me see if I can make any sense for all:

#1. Angela had a problem with her engine. On advice of other competing party she blamed Powerchip for it. Since I was the one who was involved with the file that she was running on her car, it is my job to defend it and take pride in my work.

Her and I have talked about this on the phone, numerous times. She had admitted to me that this was not the case and she is sorry that she posted her comments - and this over a year ago. This is why I get very upset when this whole BS starts over again.

Powerchip tune had NOTHING to do with her engine problem. PERIOD!!!!

#2. Mo - I have helped you numerous times with the questions and concerns pertaining to your car and other requests that you have made. Yet, I find you continiously bash PC and thus what I do.

#3. Jangy, my friend, if you are - please return my calls. Thanks!

#4. Havoc and thericker - thank you for your support!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Vadim @ FD
Powerchip tune had NOTHING to do with her engine problem. PERIOD!!!!
If it wasn't the tune, what caused it to blow up? Whoever took apart the motor would be able to see what caused the damage or at least have an educated guess as to what may have happened right?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

S600TT, R350
If it wasn't the tune, what caused it to blow up? Whoever took apart the motor would be able to see what caused the damage or at least have an educated guess as to what may have happened right?
Yeahhh, right.

The guess was made when her car was about to go on the transport to Florida for mega$$$$ new engine job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** REMEMBER MHP? ****