W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's hear the positive side of our vendors!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Let's hear the positive side of our vendors!!!

Lately we've been hearing a lot of negative things about our sponsors hear on MBWorld. I just thought it would be nice for others to read and write something positive about our vendors. I'll start it off and I hope many will follow. We really need this to happen so the both newer and older members will have much more info to make a decision when deciding to spend some money with our vendors.

I've been doing a ton of business with James at Creative and he has been flawless. He has always treated me with much respect and never failed to return my call, a huge plus!!! I've always felt that James has been very fair and honest during all our transactions. At times I could be a total pest, but that's just me and James understands this..... Actually anyone who's ever dealt with me will understand this LOL!!!! I have very high expectation and I work very hard for my money, my business needs to be earned in every way....James has met these expectation to the fullest. Thanks again James for all the help and support in my most recent dealings!!!

Powerchips...Wow, a big thanks to you guys!!!! Travis, Jeremy, and Matt - thanks for all the help in achieving my goals. The last tune Jeremy gave me is unbelievable and watching him work was a true pleasure Now that I have a custom tune I could never imagine ever going back to a box tune...no way. I sat there watching Jeremy smooth out my entire power band, precisely making changes to give me the tune I now have. . At times it took them a while to return my call but that was mostly due to the fire they had. Thanks again PC and I can't wait for the 28th.

There are other vendors that I haven't directly bought parts from which makes this even more unbelievable. I have Mike from Fluid Motorsports continuously talking with me and always offering his help....thank you Mike. There's Bruce from TT Motorsports, I've only talked with him a few times but he offered his help and was willing to answer any questions I had. Remember guys, I have never purchases any products from these guys but yet these vendors were so willing to help....thank you very much. I promise, I've always appreciated the help offered by you guys.

There's a huge list and I could go on and on but I'm hoping some of you will chime in and show your appreciation for our supporting vendors. So many of us including myself seem to post more negative than positive. For me this isn't the case, I've had way more positive experiences then negative. Once again please post and show your appreciation, they deserve it.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
I agree lets throw out some credit to the hard working guys and gals that make our beasts the fastest street cars at the track, besides I never post anything negative, ever!!!

I haven't been on here long either and haven't dealt with many vedors as of yet but plan to very soon. Hint hint! My first mods were with James at ACG, by the way James I want a sticker for my car Seriously though I always had high standards especially coming from the Military. With what I do know is still life and death and I will not tolerate half *** substandard **** poor quality work. James from ACG in San Diego was not only helpful but always willing to be available to help with anything. James went above and beyond and clearly enjoys working and earning business. He worked on my car all day until it was done at around midnight! Not once did he ***** either when I was watching the installs and asking questions for educational purpose. We all know how some people get pissy if you watch them work. He did an awesome job though seriously overall and my car is running great. I definitely will drive from the bay area to SD again and if anyone needs an install shop I'd highly recommend him.

Also thanks to Renntech for an awesome box tune. That's right it's a box tune but for a stage one I'm not complaining. The AFR's are spot on and I'm running 11.56 at 123 in 86 degree weather. She has more especially when I learn to launch better. The car is just amazing now, even daily driving is more enjoyable and I can't stop but giggle when I am driving her. The car has more power across the band but it also comes on sooner. It's effortlest to get her going especially on the freeway. I feel safer knowing I have a more responsive and quicker car if needed to avoid something. Renntech get ready for my custom tune because she isn't staying stage 1 for long!

I'll even hit up Sonic MS in Mountain View, if no one knows who they are they have been around for about seven years. Great shop and always have done great work for me. If you have watched Fast and Furious, the hottie driving the white Porsche, if you want to take a look at her(the Porshce sadly) go to their shop it's sitting out front since they own it.

For any future dealers I hope you provide nothing but excellent services as the stated above and for the poor ones, stick to working on my competiton, BMW's and Audis thanks!

Ok lets give it up to the forum sponsor INET too for letting us share this info.

Last edited by Mikesamg; 08-16-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
well it does suck here for modding.
i have to get everything from the states and no local tuners
Old 08-16-2009, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by jikjak
Just makes it that more unique and original so I'm sure it has it's pay off!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
hey whats wrong with being canadian!

:P
What are you talking about Terence? Who mentioned anything about canadians...hahaha?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
What are you talking about Terence? Who mentioned anything about canadians...hahaha?
I think he's watching the movie The Hangover and took some Roofies to experience the moving in a whole new personal aspect. Maybe it still has it's effects on him?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
there's no way around it...you gotta give props to kleemann and renntech...they are the real deal and have stood the test of time with the utmost class. however, i have tested several tunes and renntech is far and away the best i've ever run!

with that said, everyone here owes chris at floored fab a pat on the back. i was extremely fortunate to have been put in his path and his work on our platform set our community up for many of the mods that several vendors now offer and we think of as common. besides the custom work he's done for many members, he was first to provide oversized h/e kits, affordable long tube headers, custom exhaust, and i/c reservoir, to name a few. i may even have him custom fab a roll bar soon!

also gotta thank people like pte that have supplied fixes for issues that no aftermarket companies care to address such as his lower temp thermostats. and then there's just his knowledge in general...what a great resource!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
with that said, everyone here owes chris at floored fab a pat on the back. i was extremely fortunate to have been put in his path and his work on our platform set our community up for many of the mods that several vendors now offer and we think of as common. besides the custom work he's done for many members, he was first to provide oversized h/e kits, affordable long tube headers, custom exhaust, and i/c reservoir, to name a few. i may even have him custom fab a roll bar soon!
+100,000

Thanks for bringing Chris up Mike because I totally forgot to mention his name. As of now I have only the rear reservoir by Chris with the LT's on its way. The quality and workmanship from Chris is the marking of great fabricator. Thanks Chris, all your hard work is appreciated and valued.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
id like to add also that cory from kleeman has provided excellent service and great products. he has always taken the time to explain things to me, answer all my questions and most importantly he always returns calls and emails.

ive also dealt briefly dealt with james at acg and he was top notch as well.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 PM

E55 AMG
id like to add also that cory from kleeman has provided excellent service and great products. he has always taken the time to explain things to me, answer all my questions and most importantly he always returns calls and emails.

ive also dealt briefly dealt with james at acg and he was top notch as well.

+1 for Kleemann product and Cory.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Ah now that's a thread I like to read!

Alright, so first on my list, in no particular order, Euroteck Motorsports. Top notch. That's all there is to it. Neal is the man and has been providing the Benz community for years with probably the undeniably best first mod you can do to a W211 55, the CF front lip. Just amazing! The rest of the CF line is equally good and sexy. I can't recommend a better company to do business with.

Second, DCT Motorsports: A late comer on this forum, but already making an impact. His sexy DTM styled steering wheels are not only super affordable in comparisons to the competition's, but also are top notch in quality. It'd be one thing to sell something cheap that was cheaper in quality, but DCT didn't do that and still provided a 1st rate product. Also the CF grill I had commissioned is awesome! Albeit a couple of unfortunate production issues, which I'm sure will be soon rectified, I have nothing but good things to say about DCT Motorsports. Be sure to support Ivan!

HMS, out in Westminster. What can I say. Getting your taillights tinted, calipers painted or HID kit installed in your fog lights (what I had done there), they're the guys to go to. A family owned business, you can't go wrong with these guys. Brothers Jon and Ed know what they're doing and they do it right!

Hyevon Motors: Attached to HMS, Hyevon Motors is the little unknown tuner in the 55K game. Pulleys, headers, tune etc, Serge and his brother (whose name I forgot, sorry!) have built some of the meanest machines as witnessed at the Famoso track event. Aside for tuning from, Serge, a former Mercedes Tech for a large SoCal Mercedes dealership (at least that's what I understood, correct me if i'm wrong!), can do your service A/B/C/D/E/F/G... ok you get the idea. And it'll get done for a fraction of the cost that you would get at a dealership, with the peace of mind that your car won't get molested.

Sonic MS, from Mountain View, in NorCal. These dudes again are out of this world. Incredible team, knowledgeable, and competent, these dudes, led by Darwin, produce some of the best work I have seen to date. I had the opoprtunity to get some stuff done and I drove about 200 miles just to see them. If you're in NorCal, that's THE place to go to. Even if you're out in SoCal, go see them, it's well worth it!

Ok so far that's all I have right of the top of my head. I'll add more when I remember
Old 08-16-2009, 06:37 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Wow, sounds like a lot of great vendors.

I have only worked with Jerry@LET and he has been great. Takes all my calls and answers text/emails quickly. Hell, he just flew into Texas last night with his familly, met me at 10pm and tuned my car.. Then flew back out a few hours later on vacation.. He has done that twice over the last year and that is service..

BTW, even in this 100 degree heat, this new tune has the 55 screaming! Drivability dramatically increased and it all helps these lightweight pistons go from 1000 to 6800 in the blink of an eye.. Rear O2 sensors are now deleted and ready for long tubes.. Again, hard to beat that kind of service.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Wow, sounds like a lot of great vendors.

I have only worked with Jerry@LET and he has been great. Takes all my calls and answers text/emails quickly. Hell, he just flew into Texas last night with his familly, met me at 10pm and tuned my car.. Then flew back out a few hours later on vacation.. He has done that twice over the last year and that is service..

BTW, even in this 100 degree heat, this new tune has the 55 screaming! Drivability dramatically increased and it all helps these lightweight pistons go from 1000 to 6800 in the blink of an eye.. Rear O2 sensors are now deleted and ready for long tubes.. Again, hard to beat that kind of service.
With me its been Code 3 and LET.

Small start ups that have brought some products at a lower price level.

While others have had issues with Code3 and a few with LET, I have nothing but great service.

2 weeks ago, I drove to Camarillo with my wife and kids... I dropped them off at the Outlets, and met up with Code3 and LET to reflash my car with their latest file. Jerry sent the file over and I was on my way back to pick up the boys and wife.

Car runs even better than before and torque has been unleashed. 2k rpms on the freeway, its just hard to keep it leashed. Feels like the ECU is not limiting the torque during take off or on the freeway.

Also other tuners like ASP, PTE has been great to do business with.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030
BIG props to Chris at Floored Fab. I have some cooling mods from him, Lt's from him going on this week , and he is fixing my pulley problems. He knows what he is doing and knows more about are cars then most of us , at a extremely reasonable price.

Props to Jerry at LET when he heard about my pulley problems he emailed and said to send it back for a new one so they could examine the pulley just to make sure that it wasnt the problem.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Victor @ VPR, Vadim @ FD, Jerry @ LET, and Sunil at Motorwerks Houston has been very helpful.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
No particular order for me, either:

Victor @ VRP: I joined the first 55k airbox Group Buy and have bought a number of other parts since. Victor has always been fair and straight with me. Returning calls and all is nothing compared to having someone who stands behind their product and all but began the trend of quality, affordable products for our rides. Without his public growth as a company, we would not have the aftermarket parts or pricing that we do today.

Steve @ MBenzNL: My early mods were mostly cosmetic or Euro part related, so i was pretty in-tune with Steve's schedule to SoCal. Again, always straight up, fair, and helpful. Major props to Mark and dean as well. Mark's hospitality is a part of it all.

Simon @ EVOSport: Even after all of my conspiracy theory which hunts, Simon stepped up when I became a customer with a concern. He had me in for a safety check and diagnosis and took care of all the details ASAP. He has always been fair with me and has separated Jangy the forum member from Jangy the enthusiast.

Neil @ Euroteck: I have only bought one item from him (the MP wheel), but he has been a huge resource to myself and other members. He has a solid business plan. Takes on realistic projects. And delivers quality at a fraction of typical CF entry points. You'll note a theme that all of my recommended vendors are straight up, and Neil is no different. When I say straight up, I don't mean ethical. I mean he / they will tell you the truth up front and throughout, good or bad.

Troy @ Group5: All business and all fun. He is a cool cat and I like the direction he has taken Group 5 in over the past few years. Definitely picking it up from a scope of work perspective. Group 5 has a stack of high end cars going through there and the work is looking CLEAN!

Jon / Ed @ HMS and Serge @ Heyvon: Friends first, so not much else to say. My only gripe is how far they are. I'd be in an SD shop like that EVERY weekend.

Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad California: May not be anything special about the group (many makes), but I have had nothing but closed deals with them for years. No BS, no games.

Heinz Geitz Mercedes Service, La Jolla, California: The only independent MB service shop in the US that is factory authorized. Enough said but their special treatment of local MB enthusiasts just puts them over the top.

Ken Rudy @ RennTech / Dyno Comp: About the only person related to RennTech or Creative that I didn't get into and argument with when I pulled the trigger on a stage 1.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
What about your best friend Vadim?

Originally Posted by jangy
No particular order for me, either:

Victor @ VRP: I joined the first 55k airbox Group Buy and have bought a number of other parts since. Victor has always been fair and straight with me. Returning calls and all is nothing compared to having someone who stands behind their product and all but began the trend of quality, affordable products for our rides. Without his public growth as a company, we would not have the aftermarket parts or pricing that we do today.

Steve @ MBenzNL: My early mods were mostly cosmetic or Euro part related, so i was pretty in-tune with Steve's schedule to SoCal. Again, always straight up, fair, and helpful. Major props to Mark and dean as well. Mark's hospitality is a part of it all.

Simon @ EVOSport: Even after all of my conspiracy theory which hunts, Simon stepped up when I became a customer with a concern. He had me in for a safety check and diagnosis and took care of all the details ASAP. He has always been fair with me and has separated Jangy the forum member from Jangy the enthusiast.

Neil @ Euroteck: I have only bought one item from him (the MP wheel), but he has been a huge resource to myself and other members. He has a solid business plan. Takes on realistic projects. And delivers quality at a fraction of typical CF entry points. You'll note a theme that all of my recommended vendors are straight up, and Neil is no different. When I say straight up, I don't mean ethical. I mean he / they will tell you the truth up front and throughout, good or bad.

Troy @ Group5: All business and all fun. He is a cool cat and I like the direction he has taken Group 5 in over the past few years. Definitely picking it up from a scope of work perspective. Group 5 has a stack of high end cars going through there and the work is looking CLEAN!

Jon / Ed @ HMS and Serge @ Heyvon: Friends first, so not much else to say. My only gripe is how far they are. I'd be in an SD shop like that EVERY weekend.

Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad California: May not be anything special about the group (many makes), but I have had nothing but closed deals with them for years. No BS, no games.

Heinz Geitz Mercedes Service, La Jolla, California: The only independent MB service shop in the US that is factory authorized. Enough said but their special treatment of local MB enthusiasts just puts them over the top.

Ken Rudy @ RennTech / Dyno Comp: About the only person related to RennTech or Creative that I didn't get into and argument with when I pulled the trigger on a stage 1.
Falling out or??
Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Thericker
Falling out or??

What's your guess? Still a friend and no falling out. Probably the main thing that pulled me out was my incident with Powerchip, so who was going to do the TCU, etc. on my car if I stayed?

I've said it before. Drag racers have it good on our platforms but there are many more parts to come that have not yet been looked at. No doubt, a crisper tranny is in there somewhere. If nothing else, I want a modded valve body and slight tuning. Point being, now that i keep it I want to mod major and I need to make a relationship with someone that can deliver all aspects. The last thing I want is to have my car down, then charged a premium for a custom tune, then told that it is a box tune that has been around since 2003. I know many here are happy with Powerchip and I hope that continues for them.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 750 Likes on 731 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
MBenzNL
Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i also forgot to mention that vadim has always been there to answer my questions and concerns. he was also there to help out all day (through several phone calls) when doing the 82mm TB install.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Ah now that's a thread I like to read!

Second, DCT Motorsports: A late comer on this forum, but already making an impact. His sexy DTM styled steering wheels are not only super affordable in comparisons to the competition's, but also are top notch in quality. It'd be one thing to sell something cheap that was cheaper in quality, but DCT didn't do that and still provided a 1st rate product. Also the CF grill I had commissioned is awesome! Albeit a couple of unfortunate production issues, which I'm sure will be soon rectified, I have nothing but good things to say about DCT Motorsports. Be sure to support Ivan!

Sonic MS, from Mountain View, in NorCal. These dudes again are out of this world. Incredible team, knowledgeable, and competent, these dudes, led by Darwin, produce some of the best work I have seen to date. I had the opoprtunity to get some stuff done and I drove about 200 miles just to see them. If you're in NorCal, that's THE place to go to. Even if you're out in SoCal, go see them, it's well worth it!

Ok so far that's all I have right of the top of my head. I'll add more when I remember
+1 to both of these.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 PM

my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Move South.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
i also forgot to mention that vadim has always been there to answer my questions and concerns. he was also there to help out all day (through several phone calls) when doing the 82mm TB install.
What mods do you have, and which vendors have you used, and if you had it to do again what would you do different? Im about to pull the trigger on everything and i have been following your progress pretty closely.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by The Godfather
They missed an opportunity to work on my car. This statement is NOT a negative on their work, but they could do a little better on office management. From posts on the other forum about storage of customers junk. Sounds like they are moving that way. I hope they do well.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
What mods do you have, and which vendors have you used, and if you had it to do again what would you do different? Im about to pull the trigger on everything and i have been following your progress pretty closely.
well so far i have kleeman pulley, headers, and ecu flash. i also have VRP CFairbox, intake tubes and x-pipe.
i just installed an 82mm TB from vadim and i also have his midsection kit (will install it soon).

other mods i still have to install are PTE thermostat, upgraded HE, CM30, and small reservoir to split the cooling circuit. (not sure yet if i want to go with a trunk one). also have DRs on the way.

im now working on getting powerchip to come down locally to do custom dyno tunes and once i lock in the date i will get a 180mm pulley (or should i go 190?).

i guess if i could do it different i may have tried long tube headers instead. i also went from stock headers to renntech shorties and now the kleeman ones (which i really like). im hesitant to change headers again but if its really proven to make a big difference over the kleemans i may just try it.

i bought the kleeman pulley before all these bigger ones came out but if i were to do it now i guess i would go straight to the big one. it depends on how far u want to go since i did not have cooling upgrades till now. if i were to stay with stock cooling id definitely keep my kleeman pulley. it has served me well the last few years!

i could have skipped a few steps along the way as i learned new things but i have no regrets at all with my mod path thus far. i just hope i can get some good 1/4 mile runs in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let's hear the positive side of our vendors!!!