W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 06 E55! I have some dumb questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Got my 06 E55! I have some dumb questions.

Hey guys I just got my 06 black on black E55!... I'm really exicited bc this is not only my first AMG car this my first Benz... So that been said I do have some dumb questions... Specially since my car didn't come with an owner manual.

I have been driving Lexus for a long time so the German way of laying out things is quite diferent. And I bought the car from Lexus dealership so they didn't know how anything worked on the car.

1) how do you set the memory seats?(haha..I know I couldn't figure it out)

2) i'm guessing this car has Bluetooth.. How do I set that up?

3) there is a picture on the console with "shock". I know this is to adjust the stiffness of the ride.. Does no lights on mean soft and both lights on mean the stiffest?

4) when I drive at night I notice that the lights in the interior stay slightly on. Is that how it supose to be? Can I turn them all the off?

If there anything that you can think off anything else please let me know.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Go to the MBUSA website, click on service and parts, then manuals on the left side, and download a pdf of the full owner's manual.......
Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM

2006 E55
Awsome! Didn't know we could do that
Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 PM

W203-4M W163
MB USA

The only site better than MBUSA is MBWORLD!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Hey guys I just got my 06 black on black E55!... I'm really exicited bc this is not only my first AMG car this my first Benz... So that been said I do have some dumb questions... Specially since my car didn't come with an owner manual.

I have been driving Lexus for a long time so the German way of laying out things is quite diferent. And I bought the car from Lexus dealership so they didn't know how anything worked on the car.

Set the seat position to what you want. Press M, and then press the number to which memory bank you want to save it too. If you pressed #1, then whenever you press #1 by itself it will recall the seat back to that position.

I have no idea.
3) there is a picture on the console with "shock". I know this is to adjust the stiffness of the ride.. Does no lights on mean soft and both lights on mean the stiffest?
No lights means soft. One bar is sport 1 and two bars is sport-2, which
is the stiffest.

4) when I drive at night I notice that the lights in the interior stay slightly on. Is that how it supose to be? Can I turn them all the off?
That is the ambiance lighting. The orange glow helps with seeing
inside for the car and is good for the rods in your eyes. It helps
you keep your night vision from being interrupted. You can adjust
the intensity from 1-5 through the dash.

yes there is plenty. Read the manual and you'll see how much more
stuff you can do.

ENJOY!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Have you done the infamous wonder button as I call it? The silver horizontal tab that is in the center console just below the emergency flasher button. Hit that and discovery a 6 disc in dash cd changer, which I'm not sure who ever uses those now a days, or a convenient storage compartment like I got. It works wonders for all those secret numbers you don't want the wifey or whatever you got to find out haha kidding!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 AM

2006 E55
No I didn't know there was a cd changer there... Haha... Thanks for the info!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Originally Posted by 220S
Go to the MBUSA website, click on service and parts, then manuals on the left side, and download a pdf of the full owner's manual.......
Thanks for sharing that
Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 PM

2006 E55
Question Newbie E55 owner

I also just got my 2006 E55 this past Monday...boy am I loving this thing!

I have a few newbie questions myself...

Keep in mind my car did not come with any of the manuals or records so I'm downloading maintenance manuals and the such now. I also bought a full set of manuals from Ebay.

How do you know if you have the W210 or W211 engine? Are there major differences?

Thoughts on extended warranty? yes, no, maybe

I know about the button to select sport 1, sport 2, etc. What are the major differences, if any?

I did just discover that magic CD changer button...nicccce!

I'm guessing this car did not come equipped with the phone since I see no cradle.

Thanks! This is my first Benz...just getting out of a Lexus which I loved but damn, this is the real deal!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:14 PM

2014 E350 Sport,1999 ML430,X cars 2008 Z06,2006 E55,2002 Z06,95 M3
Originally Posted by 220S
Thanks,you just saved me $60
Old 03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by brettmf
I also just got my 2006 E55 this past Monday...boy am I loving this thing!

I have a few newbie questions myself...

Keep in mind my car did not come with any of the manuals or records so I'm downloading maintenance manuals and the such now. I also bought a full set of manuals from Ebay.

How do you know if you have the W210 or W211 engine? Are there major differences?

Thoughts on extended warranty? yes, no, maybe

I know about the button to select sport 1, sport 2, etc. What are the major differences, if any?

I did just discover that magic CD changer button...nicccce!

I'm guessing this car did not come equipped with the phone since I see no cradle.

Thanks! This is my first Benz...just getting out of a Lexus which I loved but damn, this is the real deal!

Haaaa! If you have a w210 engine in your car, you got robbed! By the way, W210 and W211 is the body style. W210 is the N/A E55 that was built until 2002. W211 the 03-06 body which is the SC engine I would hope you have!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by iceman-kimster

Being an '06 it probably doesn't have bluetooth. If you open the console, you'll see the bluetooth puck at the back if you have it. Otherwise, it'll have a connector near the top rear edge where it plugs in.