Slight Problem with My E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
umi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55k AMG
Slight Problem with My E55

Randomly whilst driving today in my 03 e55k the brake fluid warning light appeared

" brake fluid visit workshop "

i checked the fluid it seemed fine, anyone got any ideas??

thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
WOW.... Whats really the deal with this car bro?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:39 PM
umi

E55k AMG
like i said the light has come on, some help would be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM

'05 E55, '69 Chevelle
Take it to the shop.. sounds like you're car has issues.
Hope you got a good deal, keep us posted so everyone can get a good learning experience of why you should check these cars thouroughly before you buy. Good Luck
Old 09-08-2009, 07:49 PM
umi

E55k AMG
Has this not ever happened to one of you guys before, need a bit of help here please
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
hopefully this is due to a faulty sensor. not sure what maintenance has been performed on your car, but MB recommends flushing your brake fluid every two years. worse case, your SBC may be at fault and will need to be replaced. good luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
when you turn the car off and then turn it on does the message go away?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG Kompressor
My mums clk320 04. went for a service at my mb dealer next day my mum was driving. The warning come on saying coolent low visit workshop. But the coolent was full took it down to the mb dealer they said it must have air in it and thats what the prob was they did not bleed it good.

maybe it has air in the brake lines's maybe the car has a sencer for that.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Originally Posted by Ohbev
My mums clk320 04. went for a service at my mb dealer next day my mum was driving. The warning come on saying coolent low visit workshop. But the coolent was full took it down to the mb dealer they said it must have air in it and thats what the prob was they did not bleed it good.

Advice on this forum...just hit rock bottom...WoW....if you cannot post anything of value please refrain.

Additonally what is a "COOLENT" and a "SENCER"?...My car came with neither of these.
Yasin
Old 09-09-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
i found this in case your SBC unit is on its way out...

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...recalls-7.html

also, call your local MB dealer and have them run your VIN to see if you need SC(s)/recall work done on your car.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
Originally Posted by Ohbev

FAIL...........

if there's air in the brake system.. there would be alot of free brake pedal plays.

check the condition of the brake fluid in the resevior.. if it clowdy and dirty..my guess is the brake resevior level channel is clogged and that can prevent the sensor from working properly..or the sensor itself had gone bad..

the best way to check is disconnect the sensor connector.. jump the two terminal togheter.. then see if the light go away..

hope that helps..
Old 09-09-2009, 07:56 AM

E55
I presume you are in the UK?

If you are in Birmingham there is a good independent called Merclands limited in Nuneaton. I have dealt with them before.

I see you have several posts here with problems regarding your car.
Sorry to break the news to you but an E55K with 100k plus is not the type of car you buy at an auction without driving or finding out any history about it. Be prepared to possibly spend some serious money on it to get it back to 100%.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:29 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Advice to the OP. You need to find someone in your area with a Star Diagnostics, The dealer is just going to rip you off, A good independent mercedes mechanic should be able to plug you car to the SDS and give you a list of porblems for you car... The guy above me has already given you some good info on where to start. maybe you should post a thread ( w211 and w211aamg forum) looking for a good recommended indy in your area. These cars are funny, mostly everything always has to be reset, once a problem is fixed. Good luck with the car man...
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
I do not know if this is any help, but my dealer(s) told me that the brake fluid should be flush about every 2 years. One of the dealers said my brake fluid was bad? IDK my car still stops. ha
Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Advice on this forum...just hit rock bottom...WoW....if you cannot post anything of value please refrain.

Additonally what is a "COOLENT" and a "SENCER"?...My car came with neither of these.
Yasin
chill man. Have you considered he might not be from the US, and english may not be his native language? At least he's trying to help, what are you offering?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
umi

E55k AMG
Drove the car around today light went of started it back up came back on, could that make it a faulty sensor
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by psk145
chill man. Have you considered he might not be from the US, and english may not be his native language? At least he's trying to help, what are you offering?

its not about language.. it's common sense stuff.. english is not my first language either (For sure most member on here english language is not their first lang either).. but his reply was way off ... coolant system and brake system is not even related..

for the post starter.. if you asking for "HELP" hopefully you go try to check out the problem yourself personally, as we advice you and report back..but if you gonna have someone look at it..

Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by umi
Drove the car around today light went of started it back up came back on, could that make it a faulty sensor

Most likely the sensor is defective..

Do you notice there's a filter in your resevior?

if that filter is clogg ... when your brake fluid is cold.. when you drive around the fluid not allow to flow efficiently it can temperary make false low-fluid warning.. untill your brake fluid is warm up..

i would take out the filter clean it.. check the condition of the fluid as i meantion the post earlier..

go buy a vacuum pump brake bleeder and suck out all the fluid in the resevior and see any gunk in the bottom of the resevior..

try that..
let us know..
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
its not about language.. it's common sense stuff.. english is not my first language either (For sure most member on here english language is not their first lang either).. but his reply was way off ... coolant system and brake system is not even related..

for the post starter.. if you asking for "HELP" hopefully you go try to check out the problem yourself personally, as we advice you and report back..but if you gonna have someone look at it..

He was only giving an experience from the other car 04 CLK320. its not hard to understand what he/she try to say. The forum is also for sharing experience.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:04 PM

05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
We may drive similar cars, but obviously (and thankfully) we don't all think or react alike. Kudos to anyone who offers advice on this forum; I cannot tell you how many times this has been a saving grace for alot of us. If it were just a case of common sense, this forum would be unnecessary.

Hope Umi got some good ideas here...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 AM

2004 E55
. but his reply was way off ... coolant system and brake system is not even related..

It's apparent your reading skills are not up to par. He never stated both systems are related. He analogized from his experience and the way the dealer resolved the situation.
At least, he attempted to provide help. It's evident his suggestion is flawed, as perhaps his english skills, but whatever. We are just simply trying to help.

Originally Posted by slownrusty

Yasin

slownrusty- who are you to tell others to refrain from posting?
Where is your bright line rule to determine when a post is valuable?
if i'm unsure whether my advice will be helpful, should i simply refrain from posting and perhaps bring valuable points to the table simply because you tell me to?
It'd be stupid to assume you couldn't figure out what he meant by "COOLENT" and a "SENCER". I give you more credit than that. Why the need to belittle others?

Last edited by Bay Area User; 09-10-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 AM

Pinto
if i'm unsure whether my advice will be helpful, should i simply refrain from posting and perhaps bring valuable points to the table simply because you tell me to?
It'd be stupid to assume you couldn't figure out what he meant by "COOLENT" and a "SENCER". I give you more credit than that. Why the need to belittle others?[/quote]

so who are you again to tell slownrusty what and what he can't post?
"bayareauser" ask yourself same question..

there's nothing wrong in trying to help, but if there's unvaluable info posted, yeah there people here that knows better will say something about it.... (don't take it the wrong way) i don't see you contribute anything to this post.... Perhaps you should do so, then after you can start bashing on other...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 AM

2004 E55
It'd be stupid to assume you couldn't figure out what he meant by "COOLENT" and a "SENCER". I give you more credit than that. Why the need to belittle others?

so who are you again to tell slownrusty what and what he can't post?
"bayareauser" ask yourself same question..

there's nothing wrong in trying to help, but if there's unvaluable info posted, yeah there people here that knows better will say something about it.... (don't take it the wrong way) i don't see you contribute anything to this post.... Perhaps you should do so, then after you can start bashing on other...[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------

PLease read my statement again. I never told the other guy what to post or not post. I'm no one to censor the content of anyone's post by my own.
My point is simple, how do we determine what is not valuable? Obviously if the guy is trying to contribute is because he thinks he might be helping out!
I'm not trying to bash. I just didn't think that criticizing him and labeling his post as the worst of the year was fair.
That is all. I've said what i needed to say. Nothing personal.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 AM

Pinto
so you basicly being a good guy trying to back up that guy..Its 2am.. go sleep man Lol ...

alright then i'll should start contribute nosense post from now.. are you going to back me up too? btw im in Bay-area too..

if the post didnt' make sense, slap some sense to the poster, then let it be.. we didn't try to bash him..