Aftermarket radiator?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Aftermarket radiator?

OK, so i have finally found a place that can make me a radiator identical to our OEM one except that it be slightly smaller at the air intake parts to allow a 3" pipe in on either side. I will also be fully separating my Motor from SC cooling and so I assume the radiator can handle a slight drop in capacity. Comments?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
who is making it for you? how much?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
more info pls...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Local radiator shop. Apparently it isn't thay big of a deal?

Cost will depend on the radiator used and the time to modify it. If one of his "generic" units fits my car, then I am looking at about $250 for the whole deal. I figure I have to try anything under $500, since I just could NOT find a way to get air into the compartment.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
I've been think this is the only reasonable way to bring a 3inch tube to the front. Good luck and keep us posted
Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
this seems like it should be a last/final mod after you have done everything else (intake, pulley, full exhaust, tune, heat exchanger) if you are increasing the size of the intake a little at the expense of decreasing the size of the radiator.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jturkel
this seems like it should be a last/final mod after you have done everything else (intake, pulley, full exhaust, tune, heat exchanger) if you are increasing the size of the intake a little at the expense of decreasing the size of the radiator.
So what is your point? Intake and cooling are the biggest areas for me. The smaller size of the radiator is so MINIMAL. It is just the hole is now round versus the small rectangle that we have.

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
Allowing the blower to breath ambient air is tremendously beneficial considering how hot our engine bay gets. lower temps before the blower equals lower temps after the blower.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
So what is your point? Intake and cooling are the biggest areas for me. The smaller size of the radiator is so MINIMAL. It is just the hole is now round versus the small rectangle that we have.
i'm not bashing the idea. i dont know your mods and wasnt sure if you were doing this before all the other mods i listed. thats all. i'm guessing that you've already done all of those and now you are just doing the last touches to the car. GL!

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Allowing the blower to breath ambient air is tremendously beneficial considering how hot our engine bay gets. lower temps before the blower equals lower temps after the blower.
right i understand. just hadn't seen anyone mess with the radiator yet and wasn't sure if this was being done prior to other mods or if this was a "final touches" mod.....
Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Not final touches by any means. Those that think the current stage 5 setups are even touching the true benefits are selling these platforms short. I am looking for serious gains from intake and IC cooling, coupled to exhaust and tuning.

Just to clarify, yes this kind of mod would be for those into modding their cars hard and not simply getting a boxed tune.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Not final touches by any means. Those that think the current stage 5 setups are even touching the true benefits are selling these platforms short. I am looking for serious gains from intake and IC cooling, coupled to exhaust and tuning.

Just to clarify, yes this kind of mod would be for those into modding their cars hard and not simply getting a boxed tune.
gotcha. thanks for the clarification!