W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EUROCHARGED (L.E.T.) TUNES MY S65......MASSIVE GAINS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
EUROCHARGED (L.E.T.) TUNES MY S65......MASSIVE GAINS!

https://mbworld.org/forums/3714885-post1.html
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Busa196
As many of you have read on this forum I've had some difficulty with a couple of different tuners being able to tune my car and actually produce what they claim.....or even close. I basically had 2 tuners that yielded me zero hp/trq. After my last post on here making reference to my bad luck and my frustration with the situation, Jerry Thornton from Eurocharged (LET) sent me a PM and asked me if I would give him a shot at tuning my ECU.....and assured me that he would, without a doubt, produce some impressive results. I was hesitant and skeptical to say the least. And, to top it off Jerry informs me he's going to tune it "remotely" . "Suuuuureeee", was my response.

I had my serious doubts but eventually agreed and immediately Jerry over-nighted me a laptop and a hand held tuning programming device that allows you to upload the flashes via the OBD port- your ECU never moves from the car. He then walked me through various steps in order to flash the ECU back to stock (it still had a previous tuners program in it). It took some time and a lot of effort on Jerry's part....we had a couple of minor issues (none his fault) that we had to get through.....which required him talking to Italy at crazy hours of the morning, making changes to the program, etc.....but, in the end he got it right and the car was back to stock.

The next day I drove 180miles to a Mustang Dyno that Kurt Decker (Decker Guerra Motorsports) owns and is actually at his house.....on several acres in the middle of no-where, but it's perfect for tuning as we had all the time in the world with nobody "waiting" to use the dyno. We put the car on the rollers with the stock tune....and guess what??......it made 532rwhp/669rwtq.....just as I had posted on here several times as "stock numbers" from previous dyno pulls at 2 different dyno's. So, for you non-believers, for you doubters and the people that continually questioned my car as being stock.....there you go. 3 different dynos, 3 factory flashes (2 from my dealer and one from Jerry) to my ECU and it dynos a consistent 525-535rwhp......I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that?

After the baseline stock pull Jerry does his magic remotely.....he literally takes control the laptop that I'm looking at 1500 miles from him with the handheld programmer attached to it and uploads a flash to it.....I walk to the car and he guides me through a short process to upload the program through the OBD port. 2 min later the flash is done and we dyno the car and it picks up about 30rwhp and 30-40rwtq. We email the dyno graph to Jerry with the A/F and he makes some changes, he reflashes the hand-held remotely via the laptop, I flash the car via the OBD and we repeat this process through the day making minor changes everytime. After some serious patience and effort on Jerry's part the net result at the end of the day was 583rwhp/842rwtq with A/F about 12.2-12.5 below 3500rpm and 11-11.4 from 3500-6k and boost never exceeded 24-25psi. That's not a typo.....842rwtq folks. We made 3 pulls to be sure we had it right and they all resulted in similar numbers.

Just so we're clear, that's a 51rwhp increase and a 173rwtq increase over the stock tune in my car.....or as some of you would say my "already tuned" car.

I can't thank Jerry and "Eurocharged" enough for what they've done.....he made me an offer, kept his word, and worked diligently with me until it was done, and done right. He did all of this on a Saturday, on his personal time, while on vacation 7hrs from his house at a family event. This took us the better part of 6-7hrs and 10-15 pulls and he wasn't happy until I was happy.......he was always contactable, did everything he said he would, and produced some killer results. He told me "this is going to work, I won't let it not work." He was right. Jerry and Eurocharged are the real deal, make no mistake about it.

I would also like to extend a personal thanks to "Exotic-metal55" (Brook) on this forum as he's the one who helped piece all of this together and he was also a huge help on the dyno offering suggestions/comments on the results, A/F, etc.....I'm sure he'll chime in eventually. The other key component was the dyno owner/operator Kurt Decker......a first class southern guy (big as hell btw) who allowed me to stay on his dyno all day, emailed dyno graphs to Jerry, allowed me to use his wireless service, etc. all for a minimal cost. It took a lot of people to make this happen, but it's finally done, it's done right, and my car is brutally fast.

A couple of comments:

- 65's can dyno 530rwhp stock....I've proved it for a 3rd time.
- S65's can go 11.5x's at 122.85 stock on DR's.....I've proved that as well.
- There is still a tuner who is willing to go above and beyond to prove it can be done and wouldn't give up until it was.....Jerry & Eurocharged proved that.....from halfway across the country while at a birthday party

Thanks Jerry, Brooke and Kurt for making all of this possible.

-Busa196-
Busa196, S65 tuned HP/TQ numbers left a lot of heads spinning. Nice work, especially after all the tuners he went through and never gained on the track or dyno..

Hmmmm, I wonder if there other V-12`s or 65`s out there that put down the 2-4K and may not have gained any power? I bet a lot of people never dyno or track test their 4K tune but 4K will sure make you think you have power..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-14-2009, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Those are some impressive gains!! Torque is massive and not to mention intoxicating. I will miss my 65 when it's gone. Lord that's a lot of torque. Congrats on those great dyno figures.

Any plan on taking her to the track?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 PM

Viper GTS
WOW
Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
im glad you chose jerry. i hope in some way i helped!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
As I mentioned in the primary thread for this topic, amazing results for both Busa and LET/EC... this particular 65 makes ridiculous power, can't wait to see track results.

The only part of the story that isn't overtly obvious is the following quote, Busa referring to Jerry from LET:
Originally Posted by Busa196
.....which required him talking to Italy at crazy hours of the morning.....
Last I checked, Affalterbach is in Germany What's up with Italy? Guesses?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Last I checked, Affalterbach is in Germany What's up with Italy? Guesses?
Pasta, & curvy beehawtches
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Just a little more proof that Jerry and LET/Eurocharged are top notch tuners!

Last edited by nick 55; 09-14-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Banned

AMGs
Wow...