W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Shocking Truth behind Forged DST....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by emoving
Opps! That link is not gonna help things! Peeling and bubling wheels! I expect that crap from MMR. Hell I had MMRs on a Lexus and they never looked like that. What is the warranty on these wheels! Lifetime may help sales because that crap is not gonna go over well.
Yep. That kudos I gave earlier has flown the coop.

Based on some of the posts the SimonLam incident seems to be a little up in the air, but one thing you can't argue with is pictures. Even if the warranty covers a refinish on the wheels, peels like that, will it happen again in 9 months or less?

Something obviously not right here, let's see how the layers get peeled back. Did I make a funny?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Yep. That kudos I gave earlier has flown the coop.

Based on some of the posts the SimonLam incident seems to be a little up in the air, but one thing you can't argue with is pictures. Even if the warranty covers a refinish on the wheels, peels like that, will it happen again in 9 months or less?

Something obviously not right here, let's see how the layers get peeled back. Did I make a funny?
+1 Just the aggravation of sending them to get refinished and being without wheels is more of a pain in the *** then it's worth. No way wheels that cost that much should ever look like that even after 5 years.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by Aviators
Can you elaborate in more detail on the current capital position with respect to the prior owner(s). Did this 'acquisition' result in them being completely removed from the business operationally? Can "Mr. Bling" decide that it looks like the ski conditions in Vegas look promising, blow a few dozen stacks and uproot your best intentions to rebuild the company or are these parties now completely out of the picture?

Good luck
Mr. Bling in now way has any % ownership whatsoever. He and Big Bird have just as much ownership interest. He is off doing another venture from what I have heard. So the answer is NO, he will not be skiing with anyone deposits, at least from a Forged Distributing product perspective.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by FORGED DST
Mr. Bling in now way has any % ownership whatsoever. He and Big Bird have just as much ownership interest. He is off doing another venture from what I have heard. So the answer is NO, he will not be skiing with anyone deposits, at least from a Forged Distributing product perspective.
Do you care to address the CLS thread referenced earlier? That CLS owner, forum member, and 360 forged customer apparently needs some care and attention. Look forward to his "Forged DST resolved all of my issues!" post/thread.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Do you care to address the CLS thread referenced earlier? That CLS owner, forum member, and 360 forged customer apparently needs some care and attention. Look forward to his "Forged DST resolved all of my issues!" post/thread.
+1

I am not interested in these wheels or this company with QC problems AND potential customer service issues on warranty replacements for bad quality coatings.

The CLS wheel issue should be resolved publicly as part of the "saving face" campaign you're on. It will only help your cause to strengthen the Forged name if the CLS owner is taken care of with wheels that actually last this time.

I love the looks of the wheels but geez...issues.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Gotta love the laws around here. You get in too deep, you simply switch names.

Maybe it wasn't Mr. Bling that was bringing the company down?