W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strangest kills (for lack of better word)???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
just lost to Acura TL! I was putting in navigation address and didn't look on the road, then saw Acura accelerating
Old 10-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes Benz E55
Good Run against Mid-Life Crisis Suburu Dude

On an atypical, cool summer night (probably the only one we experienced--LOL!) back in July in Socal, I encountered a heavily modified Suburu (pillar gauges, big exhaust can, blow-off-valve, and really, really smelly fuel...possibly methane injection) with sponsor stickers all over it...or the guy just wanted to make it look like a Paris to Dakkar rally car...either way, we were going on green! I just turned the radio off, clicked it to sport and turned traction control off. All I could hear was Turbo and exhaust next to me...for about a second----instantly----my 2004 E55 took ONE GIANT LEAP FORWARD!! I pulled him by at least 3 car lengths within 4-5 seconds I looked down and we were doing close to 100 in an industrial area. I shut it down and made a u-turn. We went again, and he turned around early because I SMOKED HIM...and of course...took off early to get the jump...again I ran him down fast this time because I switched to manual mode. By this time, the guy was amazed, he owned a Suburu tech shop and looked to be in his 50's. He asked, "So what have you done to your Benz to get it to run like that?" I said, "It's all stock man, I am going to start modding it though!" At that point you could kinda tell the guy didn't believe me, and his mid-life button was just pushed--LOL! We were getting on a huge, sweeping FWY on ramp so I went outside and believe it or not, with Vredesteins in the front and Toyo Proxis in the rear with HRE 20s, I hung with him tight in the turn...I could by no means out handle the Suburu though. Once we were on the FWY with a ton of traffic, that guy was a major jackass cutting everyone off to make sure he stayed ahead.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:32 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz E55
On a hot (95 plus Farenheit day in Socal, I was sitting at an intersection when a loud, really loud ASTON (don't know if it was a Vantage, or DB9...just don't know them well enough...sorry) went buy and accelerated through the light. I was in the left-hand turn lane and nobody was behind me and he was heading into a really quiet industrial area with wide streets. I, of course, could not resist chasing him down. He seemed shocked that this stealth black sedan just came up on him at 80 on a quiet street out of no where. He looked over for at least 5 seconds to size up his new competition. I made sure he was ready...honked 3 times, and we were gone! I must say, those cars sound wonderful, they just don't go like our AMGs!! I pulled him really, really hard. The E55 had at least 5-7+ car lengths at 140 MPH. That is when I shut it down. I wanted to do it from a dig, but the guy turned in a driveway and disappeared.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz E55
The last one I had is the best--I think--I mean I gave the prey--I mean guy the best attempt to beat me fair and square. I was heading towards the FWY in SoCal on a 80 degree Farenheit night just before dark. A young guy was clearly showing his new Charger SRT8 with paper plates to his girlfriend in the passenger seat. He was taking off hard from the stoplights aproaching the FWY. He was a few cars in front of me and he was moving on the FWY. And I make my move like the Great White does in the Ocean. I slowing and smoothly move forward gaining on him while he is really driving herky jerky to stay in front of traffic. All of the sudden...traffic comes to a clear, I pull along side, I wave and motion "nice car," because it really is for a young guy in his early 20s. We were doing 80-85, I motioned to him, "Slow-down!" So he did...we slowed to about 60MPH and I honked 3 times and were off! I left it in Sport mode, and it was really surprising how quickly the E55 left that car, I thought it would be a lot closer! My E55 instantly left him and I felt like as we approached just over a 100MPH he was really quite a ways back in my rear view mirror! I slowed down and gave him "thumbs up" for going like that! I owned a C5 Z06, but I want to say this E55 seems quicker, or perhaps it's just more efficient at getting INSTANTLY OUT OVER YOUR PREY and staying ahead has thus far, not been a problem. I am aware that the M cars are supposed to be faster over 100-120MPH. Maybe, once and a while we can get a good running AMG car to hold them at bay on the top! And honestly, I think bravado has a lot to do with it! Not too many people can really HOLD their foot in either a SRT8 Charger, a C5 or C6 Z06, an M car or an AMG car (they make so many now that are really quick: E55, E63, C63, CL63, CL65,S55, S63, S600, S65, CLK63BS(love this one), SL55, SL63, SL600, SL65, SL65BS, and of course I couldn't forget this one...SLR. Damn...you guys ever think about how many different models that is that has over 450 horsepower?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Those guys who drive very fast in pickups are just IDIOTS. They think they are big and tough and punching their car but its just so dangereuse. I wonder if they care about other people life. I almost got hit couple times by some pick ups.... damn that was scary ....
Haha...what's the difference in driving fast in either a pickup or car? Either way if you're exceeding the speed limits it still endangers other people lives. I'm no saint but I don't go around calling others idiots for doing the same exact things I might do. Do you speed or race around in your car? If you do you're the same idiot you speak of. Not to be a dick but I own a F350 diesel and I took offense to your post.

BTW...There was a Duramax diesel running better times then a stock E55 at the track yesterday.

Last edited by bassn_07; 10-04-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Haha...what's the difference in driving fast in either a pickup or car? Either way if you're exceeding the speed limits it still endangers other people lives. I'm no saint but I don't go around calling others idiots for doing the same exact things I might do. Do you speed or race around in your car?
I was thinking the same thing. I would say we all exceed the speed limit on a regular basis just to keep up with traffic.

However, I think the posts on this thread talk about 100MPH, "cruising along at around 85-90", "close to 100 in an industrial area", "5-7+ car lengths at 140 MPH", "approached just over a 100MPH". Doing this on public roads is not a smart thing to do and is just as dangerous as tromping it in a 9000lb truck.

The arguement that "we made sure it was safe" is the same arguement the truck driver would use, and just as false. Both are danagerous, your E just gives you a better chance of not killing yourself or someone else.

Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPZ-ldJD1kk

Scott Sharp had NO idea what happened until he saw the in car camera recording showing the car coming out of the pits which he tagged going up the hill. Stuff happens and you get less choices the faster you are going.

The time lapse on the video is pretty cool. The new tub was flown in.