W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strangest kills (for lack of better word)???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Strangest kills (for lack of better word)???

In the past 2 weeks I've had a Maxima, Corolla (S)port that is, Dodge pickup and 6 banger Mustang all try and "test" me??? What gives??? Like gnats on a hot muggy night...

Anyone beat me in the head scratcher department when it comes to strange road kills?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
You must be driving in a high school zone or something..

Since the economy slowed down, I can hardly find anyone that wants to kick down and go. I must need louder exhaust or something.. Hit it twice hard next to a new Shelby KR500 cobra and he never budged.. WTF? Gas is still cheap..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Haha why bother? My Dad said he killed a cougar the other day in his Jeep SRT8. I was like . Cool?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
A classic (contents of the post below)...from 2005

https://mbworld.org/forums/1064567-post1.html

You guys ever get accidental kills...this was funny. Driving along in my usual work daze (talking on phone, thinking of things still to do) when I pull up a redlight next to some Pontiac....think Grand Prix or Grand Am, so no threat...not even really a thought.

Light goes green and give it the normal 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for normal acceleration for my tastes.

Get to next light and I am off the phone and Pontiac guy motions to roll down window.

"Wow man, what a car...I didn't have a chance"

me "Huh?

"Yeah dude, I thought I had you at takeoff then you just pulled away from me...nice car" Then drives away.

You just kinda chuckle and say again, what a friggin car. You get kills on accident.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
awesome...
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
A classic (contents of the post below)...from 2005

https://mbworld.org/forums/1064567-post1.html

You guys ever get accidental kills...this was funny. Driving along in my usual work daze (talking on phone, thinking of things still to do) when I pull up a redlight next to some Pontiac....think Grand Prix or Grand Am, so no threat...not even really a thought.

Light goes green and give it the normal 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for normal acceleration for my tastes.

Get to next light and I am off the phone and Pontiac guy motions to roll down window.

"Wow man, what a car...I didn't have a chance"

me "Huh?

"Yeah dude, I thought I had you at takeoff then you just pulled away from me...nice car" Then drives away.

You just kinda chuckle and say again, what a friggin car. You get kills on accident.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 PM

W203-4M W163
OK, at the risk of getting laughed off the site...

My C280 is not exactly a race car...but some university kid in a Honda started signaling me to race at a light. I could hardly believe it--is High School over?

The honda had the typical BS mods--low rider, dual exhaust, fake air scoop screwed into the trunk, etc, so I had no idea what was under the hood. I floored it, and left him in the dust. I hit 60 and took the foot off the gas (limit was 45 MPH) and he eventually caught up and passed me doing about 80MPH.

Very funny. I was immediately transported back to High School. I didn't like it there, so I transported back to the present day, where I have a good job, a life and no acne.

That is all.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Hey JD where in the East bay are you I'll go hunting with you if you need to find a car that will give you a run for your money. Luckily Mexico is an hours drive from us.

It's funny last weekend when I was visiting our neighbor country down south all I had play was a lancer, Infiniti G35, and brand new Evo. My friend was driving later on and he came across an older Vette and Lambo. Both came up on us and paced us then got on it but once we started to walk them they let off and cruised the rest of the time. Lame! I think guys with 300hp cars think they have fast cars. I have a good friend that has an STI that he tracks and it's pretty fast. He always tried to mess with E55s but none budged he said. So I let him drive mine and he was shocked at how hard she pulled. Needless to say he said he would never mess with them again on the road and I suggested (since it's my thoughts when I come across similar cars) is it's not worth my time.

I will respect those kids for a great starter car and the enthusiasm to actually use it for what it's for.

If you count a kill on the race track then I'd say I took on a four door wagon of some sort with a big floor in the rear quarter panel that ran 18 seconds against my 11.5. I actually looked in the rear view mirror when I crossed the line and was able to see them half way down the track, poor girl!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Can't get anybody here in DB to go, even with the recent rush of SRT8s all over the place. Even the damn ricers don't want to. Last guy was months ago in a Mustang Cobra and that was barely worth it.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Mikesamg, I'm in Alameda and work in the South Bay. So usually on 880 or 101, don't get our your way much. 880 is the land of no insurance, almost out of a MadMax movie and 101 you get everything from RR, F cars, Lambos etc.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 AM

2006 e55, 2008 r350, 1998 lexus es300
datsun 210.............seriously!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Datsun 210 wins the cake for now. Was he or she on crack? I hope you were in your es300.

Mikesamg, I do want to meet in mexico when we have a change. Want to compare my stock vs your mods. See what I'm missing or not.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Originally Posted by jdeastbay
In the past 2 weeks I've had a Maxima, Corolla (S)port that is, Dodge pickup and 6 banger Mustang all try and "test" me??? What gives??? Like gnats on a hot muggy night...

Anyone beat me in the head scratcher department when it comes to strange road kills?
Lately I've had no challenges since taking an M6 on CA-4 in Antioch. I usually won't bite though if it's a slow car or if safety is an issue. M3's are everywhere, I've been next to several Teslas, IS-F's are starting to be more common, yet none seem to be interested in a quick fun run. I do not try to provoke anyone into a race though so maybe that's why. A buddy of mine with an STI StgII couldn't breathe while riding shotgun with me, and now he won't bite. By the way I'm usually at the Little Caesars in Alameda for their $5.00 lg pizza - saw a nice CLS55 there just this Sunday. The roads at the naval airbase ghost town are always empty and I've been tempted to do some test and tune there but I've heard bad stories about the Alameda cops.

Last edited by cahiil55k; 09-30-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: ca-4, not ca-24
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Watch out on the base, they are out there more than you think, hiding between all those old buildings. Rule of thumb in Alameda is posted is 25, stay below 35 and your ok. Speaking of which, I inquired with the city to rent a runway for 1/4 mile fun, shot down "no side to side" racing. How about one lane, "no high speed runs..." gave up.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jdeastbay
Datsun 210 wins the cake for now. Was he or she on crack? I hope you were in your es300.

Mikesamg, I do want to meet in mexico when we have a change. Want to compare my stock vs your mods. See what I'm missing or not.
Just pm me anytime you are free, Basnn_07 might go too or video tape.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Lately I've had no challenges since taking an M6 on CA-4 in Antioch. I usually won't bite though if it's a slow car or if safety is an issue. M3's are everywhere, I've been next to several Teslas, IS-F's are starting to be more common, yet none seem to be interested in a quick fun run. I do not try to provoke anyone into a race though so maybe that's why. A buddy of mine with an STI StgII couldn't breathe while riding shotgun with me, and now he won't bite. By the way I'm usually at the Little Caesars in Alameda for their $5.00 lg pizza - saw a nice CLS55 there just this Sunday. The roads at the naval airbase ghost town are always empty and I've been tempted to do some test and tune there but I've heard bad stories about the Alameda cops.

How did the run against the m6 go?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
No high speed races? Now that's funny! Let me know if you're ever successful getting them to lend you a runway. It's just dead space out on that old base anyway. I'll pull weeds from the tarmac for a month if that helps.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
How did the run against the m6 go?
Pretty ez win, 2.5 car lengths up to 100 when I shut down and he was not gaining ground at that point. To be fair to the M, I was already stage 3. To be fair to me, it was over 90 degrees in Antioch and almost a hundred in Brentwood where I was headed.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Honda CR-V.

No lie.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
I drove an '09 Z06 a few days ago and was challenged (repeatedly) by a heavily modified, lifted, turbo diesel 4-door Ford pickup truck. It was stupid and hardly worth the energy required to push the accelerator. Obviously the Z06 & I left him behind like he was bolted to the ground. Apparently the guy thought his 500HP turbo behemoth was fast...I think he forgot that his truck weighs 9,000lbs

In So Cal there are more guys racing light to light in pickups than anything else, I don't get it. They're not fast at all, yet when floored they can accelerate past people driving "normally"...so these guys floor it everywhere to get in front of the line of traffic and then think they are blowing everyone away.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by mugatu22
I drove an '09 Z06 a few days ago and was challenged (repeatedly) by a heavily modified, lifted, turbo diesel 4-door Ford pickup truck. It was stupid and hardly worth the energy required to push the accelerator. Obviously the Z06 & I left him behind like he was bolted to the ground. Apparently the guy thought his 500HP turbo behemoth was fast...I think he forgot that his truck weighs 9,000lbs

In So Cal there are more guys racing light to light in pickups than anything else, I don't get it. They're not fast at all, yet when floored they can accelerate past people driving "normally"...so these guys floor it everywhere to get in front of the line of traffic and then think they are blowing everyone away.
Those guys who drive very fast in pickups are just IDIOTS. They think they are big and tough and punching their car but its just so dangereuse. I wonder if they care about other people life. I almost got hit couple times by some pick ups.... damn that was scary ....
Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Toyota Camry. Went out for an early sunday morning drive a few weeks back and was cruising along at around 85-90. I see a car coming up on the right and i'm like "Damn, this guy is going pretty fast". I figure he's just going to pass me by, which is fine by me - let the cops get him first LOL.

A few seconds go by and I realize he hasn't passed me but just hanging next to me. I look over and he gives me this weird look and he floors it (not exactly sure what happens when you "floor" a camry but that's what he did) and he takes off. Not sure what Vmax for a camry is but he must have been close. He slows down and I notice he puts his directional on to get off the next exit. I hadn't planned on getting off here but It's a really looong, nice big curve that also has two lanes to it so thought I'd have some fun. He was a good bit ahead of me when he got off the ramp, which has a limit of somewhere around 35 mph or so. he's on the inside lane probably doing the limit. I hit the outside lane doing about 100 and blew by him so hard his ears must have popped.

So I continue on my way and probably had a nice 2 hour drive. I'm on my way back home, on this same parkway at almost the same spot just going in the opposite direction. I look in my mirror and who do I see - Camry man!! "God Damnit it's him again" Sure enough he does a fly by at triple digit speeds. He must have been out hunting all morning.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
What a douche.

Your 997 is gorgeous, btw.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by mugatu22
What a douche.

Your 997 is gorgeous, btw.
Thank you
Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
I had some 60+ year old challenge me in a Subaru Legacy (of all things, probably 5-6 years old) just last night. On a four lane road (two in each direction) with a 35MPH speed limit. The first time he did it, I wasn't even thinking anything about it... Just on my way home... I barely press the gas pedal when the light turns green (hadn't even noticed the guy or his car at this point) and next thing I know the guy in the Subaru is actually trying to race me! I barely press the gas pedal and dust him... Come to another traffic light... He is next to me again... This time I decide to play with him... I let him get about a car length ahead before even touching the gas pedal and nail it... Dust him again.. I just give him a shoulder shrug and lay off... A Subaru and not even a WRX??? Come on!!! At least a Mustang or Camaro is almost worth it...

The morning before I got to toy around with a 1970/1980 Porsche... The guy thought he was going to be a jerk and block me from getting into the exit lane... I pass him and slow down. He gets into the next lane over and tries to pass me. I prevent him from getting over... He backs off and gets behind me... As we enter the highway he comes up behind me very quickly... He then gets in the next lane over and honks his horn a few times... I don't even look at him as I am exiting the highway already... Wouldn't have even been a competition...

Why is it that when you go out looking for people to play with you barely find them but when you are just driving along enjoying thedrive and not trying to do anything, the stupidist of challenges present themselves?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:52 AM

2006 e55, 2008 r350, 1998 lexus es300
its funny that in the last few days i have been bothered by several irritating people. some guy in a bmw 325 with one of those ugly tailpipes that stick up and makes all kind of noise starts gunning his engine between stoplights. didnt bother. then, several nights ago a guy in a 210 e55 wants to run with his young kid sitting shotgun. so i figured what the heck.......we all know what happened. again..........this is all after the datsun 210

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strangest kills (for lack of better word)???