Sponsored by:

Custom Suspension parts with pics....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Wow looks brilliant... but hate to say it with the Airmatic you are not going to see their full potential...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by stevebez
Wow looks brilliant... but hate to say it with the Airmatic you are not going to see their full potential...
I don't disagree, but I expect the ride to have a dramatic difference. I don't think that either Sun nor I want a daily race car to drive. I bought a Benz and am just having fun with it...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Alrighty everyone. I will definitely make it up to HMS this weekend to get the links installed. I have confirmation that the rear camber arms will be ready next week, so i will be getting them and going in for a real alignment (I will do a quick one when I drop in the toe links to see baseline and toe link adjustability).
As everyone can see, this is now a hot topic and many sponsors are starting to pop up with AMG suspension upgrades. As everyone here knows, I love the topic and would love to have our heated debates but I want to keep the sponsorship rules, etc. on the up and up.

For the record, neither Sun nor I have any financial "horse" in this race. I have been after camber arms for the W211 for a while now. I was about set to have some OEM ones bent to my liking when a friend at a body shop reminded me that metal bending is not always a good thing. So, I became determined to find anyone that would do it. In the meantime, I met someone on myMB that was being very open and sharing his designs on a W204 strut tower brace. I approached him about W211 stuff and we have been on it for almost 6 months. He henestly had never thought much of the W211 market and was more into the W204, etc.
Anyhow, while we have been working on these parts, he has run into some issues with accusations of design spy, etc. To me, the e55 guys are much pickier about design and materials than we are about price. I don't know that we mind paying for premium at times, but just want it to be justified. In short, a strut brace that isn't rigid wouldn't likely sell to many in this room, whereas cosmetic add-ons like that would do great in others.

Having said that (was it long enough?) I am in the process of looking for a sponsor on here to host a GB for us. I am asking the maker to sell us 10 sets at an introductory price to take care of my OG homeys here. That will also allow time for him to get all of his distribution channels addressed. That is kind of how we did the MP design wheels and it worked out well.

Sponsors please hit me up if you are interested and we can talk. I will post up when we have any more info. I may pm some mods to see what is the appropriate way for me to go about this since I don't want to screw our paying sponsors either.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Suns car is gonna be e BEAST!
You speak too highly of my car good sir!

Originally Posted by stevebez
True...I guess we'll have to find a solution to that issue too

Originally Posted by jangy
I don't disagree, but I expect the ride to have a dramatic difference. I don't think that either Sun nor I want a daily race car to drive. I bought a Benz and am just having fun with it...
+1
Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Originally Posted by jangy
he has run into some issues with accusations of design spy, etc. To me, the e55 guys are much pickier about design and materials than we are about price.
Wow - while its a really nice piece of work its hardly rocket science to copy... and I am not saying he did ... its just wierd someone would get bent out of shape about an adjustable strut ...?

The value to me here is in the manufacturing quality and reliability - the design is fairly obvious I would think. Give me some steel and a welder and Ill make one up - wont look nearly as pretty, will be much heavier, will more than likely fail and be out of tollerance... - hell I can't weld!!!

I always appreciate good workmanship/engineering ... something beautifull about it.... why is that?

Anyhow Jangy let us know how it goes and enjoy!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Curious, what is the purpose of the part called the spring link arm?