Sponsored by:

Once again Sacramento dissapointed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Congrats on the great numbers Alan! I am sure you will get it next time.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I agree that Alan's car will LOVE the east coast or any of the faster tracks. Sac town is notorious for HORRIBLE prep. The fact that he can cut nice 60' is amazing in itself.

Alan neither runs nitrous nor was looking for a cheat.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Alan, does this mean your headers made some more power or is it too close to call? Your previous best trap was at 130.1 at 800 ft DA while yesterday you ran at 1700 ft DA and still went 1 mph higher. Your car keeps making history every time out

By the way, you need to finalize your 91 tune before chasing the 100 octane race tune.
I definitely think it's faster but not by much right now. Like you mentioned, I still need to finalize my tune and try again in similar weather. I'm hoping that PC will be able to make it up soon to get me all dialed in.

I need to see if PC could help with my 1/8 mile times. In order to get better ET's I need to improve in this area. One thing I won't do though is sacrifice my top end for more lower. I'm very happy having a well rounded car that kicks a$$ in all areas.

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Congrats on the great numbers Alan! I am sure you will get it next time.
Thanks Angela! I'll keep on hoping and trying but that last 1/2 of a tenth is a killer, at least for me. Regardless my car ran very consistent and I'm very happy with it's performance overall.

Originally Posted by jangy
I agree that Alan's car will LOVE the east coast or any of the faster tracks. Sac town is notorious for HORRIBLE prep. The fact that he can cut nice 60' is amazing in itself.

Alan neither runs nitrous nor was looking for a cheat.
Thanks Jangy! Yeah, I'm sure my car would run a little faster and quicker back East but it might be at a higher price then I'm willing to pay. It just cost so much money to take time off of work (new job...), transportation, and whatever else comes along with racing back east. Not that you're saying I should take my car there but I'm just saying. Sacramento will give me my day sooner or later and when it does hopefully my beast will be running well.

Thanks for the support on not using nitrous. I don't think Rock was directly implying that I'm using drugs but more curious how this is happening, at least that's what I got out of it. Either way, for the people who think I use nitrous...THANK YOU....
Old 10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Being bummed about 11.0x's ???

Wow... great times. Very consistent too - I bet thats due to the rear tank.

Get the right track prep, DA , hook up and your there. Just need things to come together...!

Have you fiddled with the EGS yet? Maybe sharper shift speeds where the engine timing is not momentarily retarded to allow for a smooth shift? That might be worth the 0.05x you are after... if not more.

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Sorry for the disappointment that you felt after the track. That track looks ghetto in your video!

131 trap, close to 10's and an incredible 60'............................

Better DA, a finalized tune by Jeremy and you will smash into the 10's!

The KING still reigns and that is you Alan........Lets spray that b!tch!!!

Hope you are feeling better now bro!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Great runs Alan!!! For all practical reasons you will be smashing into 10's with a better track and better da. Come out to the Right Coast and you will be be into the 10's no problem. Alan, you were so close that I would be thrilled, nothing to be disappointed with at all. Best regards, Joseph
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Sorry for the disappointment that you felt after the track. That track looks ghetto in your video!
Sacramento is more than ghetto.... LOL.... I used to get that comment a lot after we posted some videos of our runs from a few years back.

Using Mickey Thompsons are the only way to get any consistent 60' times at Sacramento..... without MT, you take a big gamble as to how the track is prepped: sometimes it's somewhat decent but most times it's not (again speaking in terms of non MT style tires).

Alan, your 10 second run will happen before the new year regardless of Sacramento's cooperation.....
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports

131 trap, close to 10's and an incredible 60'............................

Better DA, a finalized tune by Jeremy and you will smash into the 10's!

The KING still reigns and that is you Alan........Lets spray that b!tch!!!

Hope you are feeling better now bro!
Thanks Bruce but I'm definitely no king, that's for sure. The only reason why my car is getting some attention is because all the boys back east, down south, and Arizona hasn't had a chance to run yet. I just can't wait to see what all the ballers do - E55baller, Chiro, Nate's car, Benzgal, URnext, Benzboi, and all the other fast a$$ E55's. I'm not counting Ahmad's car because he's in a league of his own .

Originally Posted by stevebez
Being bummed about 11.0x's ???

Wow... great times. Very consistent too - I bet thats due to the rear tank.

Get the right track prep, DA , hook up and your there. Just need things to come together...!

Have you fiddled with the EGS yet? Maybe sharper shift speeds where the engine timing is not momentarily retarded to allow for a smooth shift? That might be worth the 0.05x you are after... if not more.

Good Luck!
Thanks Steve. Make no mistake, I'm not bummed about my cars performance but more so about being so close to 10's once again and falling short . I do believe my car ran the best it could that day and I'm very happy with how consistent my runs were. I had only 3 runs above 11.0x, actually 4 but I'm not counting my last run because I let out of it for a brief second...I thought I broke something on my 1300 RPM launch .

Originally Posted by JosephLINY-E55
Great runs Alan!!! For all practical reasons you will be smashing into 10's with a better track and better da. Come out to the Right Coast and you will be be into the 10's no problem. Alan, you were so close that I would be thrilled, nothing to be disappointed with at all. Best regards, Joseph
Thanks Joseph. Time will tell if my car has a 10 second pass in her.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Absolutely EPIC my friend! You'll be in the 10's VERY soon!

I don't stand a chance!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Absolutely EPIC my friend! You'll be in the 10's VERY soon!

I don't stand a chance!
Haha...quit down playing your beast Sun. I know you and Serge will have that sucker running just as fast if not faster than most of us.

I honestly believe we'll all be very close and I look forward to running with everyone again.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Haha...quit down playing your beast Sun. I know you and Serge will have that sucker running just as fast if not faster than most of us.

I honestly believe we'll all be very close and I look forward to running with everyone again.
Hardly downplaying my friend. Yer car is an absolute monster! I'll be lucky to be anywhere near your time!

I look forward to the day we all get to play again. It's gonna be FUN!~!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Time will tell if my car has a 10 second pass in her.
You WILL run tens my friend. Just a matter of time. I was stuck at 11.0x's for a bit too but you definitely have the mph to get you into the tens. I know you wont give up so I dont have to tell you not to lol. Good luck buddy I think at least 5 E55's will go tens this winter off nitrous. As long as they take the cars to the track!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Any given day I will see your slip that says 10'S!!!!...Just a matter of time... 10's are right around the corner.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks guys. I know it's a matter of time but it does get frustrating...LOL. My car needs to pick it up on the 1/8 mile times and I'll easily be there. I had a really good 60' time with a so so 1/8 mile time. I spoke with PC and they want to get my car back on the dyno and get my lower end tuned more precisely. I'm going to rest my car until some much cooler weather comes, I don't want to break anything before that LOL!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Thanks guys. I know it's a matter of time but it does get frustrating...LOL. My car needs to pick it up on the 1/8 mile times and I'll easily be there. I had a really good 60' time with a so so 1/8 mile time. I spoke with PC and they want to get my car back on the dyno and get my lower end tuned more precisely. I'm going to rest my car until some much cooler weather comes, I don't want to break anything before that LOL!
Switch to the MT slicks and you will run 10's! Go back and watch Derek's video. of his 10sec run he ran slicks!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Switch to the MT slicks and you will run 10's! Go back and watch Derek's video. of his 10sec run he ran slicks!
Don't run slicks if you dont have bias ply tires in the front.

Alan- are you having issues spinning the d/r's? Your 60' looks pretty good, I dont see how slicks would help if you're already launching off the stall and not getting any spin
Old 10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i'd be afraid to run slicks period with the weight and tq our cars have. we need some slippage as a safety net to protect driveline parts!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i'd be afraid to run slicks period with the weight and tq our cars have. we need some slippage as a safety net to protect driveline parts!!!!!!!!!
Slicks will actually help protect driveline parts since the sidewalls are soft and wrinkle on the launch abosorbing the sudden impact from a hard launch. Drag radials will break more stuff than slicks, I'm trying to make the switch
Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Congrats, I know the 10 second number is the goal but personally Id be more proud of that 130mph trap speed which tells me your power is well above other non nos E55's here

lets see who really is faster you or Angela--- I know where my money lies (you)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Don't run slicks if you dont have bias ply tires in the front.

Alan- are you having issues spinning the d/r's? Your 60' looks pretty good, I dont see how slicks would help if you're already launching off the stall and not getting any spin
There's no way I'm running a full slick on my car with street tires up front.

Ahmad, I feel I'm doing okay so far with my current setup and don't feel the need for full slicks. I actually need to work on my burnout so I could launch a little harder. I found myself needing to launch at 900 RPM to get better times this time around. Before the LT's I would launch at 1250....

Originally Posted by Vic55
Congrats, I know the 10 second number is the goal but personally Id be more proud of that 130mph trap speed which tells me your power is well above other non nos E55's here

lets see who really is faster you or Angela--- I know where my money lies (you)
Thanks Vic. I'm actually really happy with the all around performance of my car and wouldn't trade it in for anything. My cars third gear is fricken amazing and it really shines on the back half.

Haha...I'm sure Angela and myself is going to be a really close race. She truly has a beast on her hands and I have much respect for what Renntech has done with it. In the end, we'll both have fast a$$ cars making a huge amount of power.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
wow youre car is fast...there are 10's just around the corner man!! Id give a limb to have your back half MPH...you dont want to know what us V12's average out the back

Last edited by JAYCL600; 10-07-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
wow youre car is fast...there are 10's just around the corner man!! Id give a limb to have your back half MPH...you dont want to know what us V12's average out the back
Haha...I'd give a limb to have your front half. I have no idea why my car is picking up so much in the back half. The only thing that I'm running which most isn't is the 82mm TB, could that be the reason....
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
+1, He sure as hell out trapped this 65...
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW man , this thread title is deceptive.

Really your car seems to be running identical to prior......

11.04-11.08 129-131 ???

I am amazed at the consistancy.

Rock you certainly can pick up 30 mph in the back w/o nitrous.

CONGRATS YOU ,

funny Rick may still have a chance..LOL

looks like my 1.4X 60 ft time will never BE BROKEN hehe
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Haha...I'd give a limb to have your front half. I have no idea why my car is picking up so much in the back half. The only thing that I'm running which most isn't is the 82mm TB, could that be the reason....
It's our Northern California gas You pick up 30mph and I pick up 26.5-27mph

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Once again Sacramento dissapointed!!!