W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Cadillac V-series challenge..anybody want to bring their AMG/M/RS to challenge?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Those times don't mean much to me. With the Jag and Audi so close to the CTS-V, it's pretty obvious the track they ran these tests on aren't anywhere near the Nurburgring. If the 2010 E63 can run a sub-8 minute Nordschleife time, then it's king. Until then, the CTS-V is.
I agree.... magazine numbers are not to be trusted too quickly. Certain tracks may make certain cars shine more than others. I would like to see more performance numbers from W212 E63 around Nurburgring. The car looks promising though....
Old 11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by e1000
You're kidding right??? E92 M3 is quicker around a track than a RS-4.
Not by much and throw in any moisture and the RS4 would be quicker. Landmark car for Audi, the B7 RS4.

I remember Top Gear (or Fifth Gear, one of the UK shows) tested the E92 M3 vs the C63 and RS4.

M3 was fastest, followed by the RS4 and then a bit of a gap to the C63.... iirc

-Rob
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 566 Likes on 374 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by transferred
Not by much and throw in any moisture and the RS4 would be quicker. Landmark car for Audi, the B7 RS4.

I remember Top Gear (or Fifth Gear, one of the UK shows) tested the E92 M3 vs the C63 and RS4.

-Rob
4 second gap between the cars on the 'Ring, 6-speed for 6-speed. The DCT might open up another few seconds.

But the RS4 is 10 seconds off the CTS-V's pace, which is a sizeable gap.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by transferred

-Rob
it was M3, C63 and the Audi came in last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 PM

E63
I did not look at the results. I am very surprised the RS4 was that slow. I drove an RS4 for a couple months last winter while I was looking for a new car for myself. that car was amazing. it had all season tires on it and the car felt like there was glue on the tires and so much torque. I would be afraid to find out how much it would cost to maintain with high miles though.

Back to topic. I think you guys are right. the new E63 might be a little closer I jst feel the CTS-v is so different from the Merc. The merc is so more refined and proven to be a great car. I remember when the CTS-v came out everyone was blowing rear ends in the car. I would have looked at one myself but they all seem abused. I look at the CTS-v the same way I looke at the GTO or when I was in highschool the 5.0 mustangs. unless you buy it new it is beat to crap and it will be in the shop more then you get to drive it. just my 2 cents
Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM

E63
Originally Posted by e1000
it was M3, C63 and the Audi came in last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY
you have some serious hate against the RS4. it is a great car and you will never appercaite it until you drive it.

I think the e63 is a great higway cruiser but it is a handful in the corners. at least my experience but I have only driven the e63 twice. it has a great motor with a lot of torque. reminds me of a truck motor.

Flame suit on
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Newtone63
you have some serious hate against the RS4. it is a great car and you will never appercaite it until you drive it.

I think the e63 is a great higway cruiser but it is a handful in the corners. at least my experience but I have only driven the e63 twice. it has a great motor with a lot of torque. reminds me of a truck motor.

Flame suit on
I have no hate against the RS4. Have I said anything that I can't back up with raw numbers? lol. If you're talking about emotion here, I suggest you look in the mirror.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I did not look at the results. I am very surprised the RS4 was that slow. I drove an RS4 for a couple months last winter while I was looking for a new car for myself. that car was amazing. it had all season tires on it and the car felt like there was glue on the tires and so much torque. I would be afraid to find out how much it would cost to maintain with high miles though.

Back to topic. I think you guys are right. the new E63 might be a little closer I jst feel the CTS-v is so different from the Merc. The merc is so more refined and proven to be a great car. I remember when the CTS-v came out everyone was blowing rear ends in the car. I would have looked at one myself but they all seem abused. I look at the CTS-v the same way I looke at the GTO or when I was in highschool the 5.0 mustangs. unless you buy it new it is beat to crap and it will be in the shop more then you get to drive it. just my 2 cents

Kid you have a lot to learn. First of all the Audi RS4, is a fantastic car, but torque machine it is not. You're among drivers of the mighty E55, all-time yanker of Redwood stumps.

Second of all, the new CTS-V is a completely different monster than the older model. The previous gen was meant to compete with the BMW 3-Series and Merc C-class, and it was built like a cheap imitation. The new-gen is meant to compete with the 5-Series and E-Class, and sports a detuned version of the motor from the FRIGGIN ZR-1, all time scorcher of all that is sport+car. The rear end problems you speak of? Not the same beast.

@E1000, He's a kid yet, go easy on him. The E63 is his "old man's" so he's probably maybe 20.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Kid you have a lot to learn. First of all the Audi RS4, is a fantastic car, but torque machine it is not. You're among drivers of the mighty E55, all-time yanker of Redwood stumps.

Second of all, the new CTS-V is a completely different monster than the older model. The previous gen was meant to compete with the BMW 3-Series and Merc C-class, and it was built like a cheap imitation. The new-gen is meant to compete with the 5-Series and E-Class, and sports a detuned version of the motor from the FRIGGIN ZR-1, all time scorcher of all that is sport+car. The rear end problems you speak of? Not the same beast.

@E1000, He's a kid yet, go easy on him. The E63 is his "old man's" so he's probably maybe 20.
he's gotta learn!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM

2004 E55 AMG
My "automotive knowledge" is pretty well known here over my 4,000 or so posts. Who are you?
I have well over 20,000 post on several automotive forums since the early days of the internet, owned well over 50 fine cars, mod'd over 2/3 of those, with many being first mods, fabricated by myself, or had someone else fabricate them. This along with my 16 years in the automotive industry working alongside most major automotive companies gives me just a hint of the industry. Yours? Oh yeah, you have 4000 posts.
I will take quality over quantity anytime and based on your post above, it does not add up to much substance but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that it is a quirk and that your more open than your post indicates.

Magazines numbers are beneficial if the comparison is a fair one (same day, driver,etc). This is for comparisons sake. For you to ignore this and yet only accept the Ring numbers places yourself in a very negative light. Ring numbers are very well known to be off base and in fact recent runs by a few high profile cars could not even be duplicated hinting at ringer cars, etc. I am more willing to accept information from a variety of courses and not choose what my bias leans towards.

Now, I'm willing to accept the CTS-V hit those numbers fair and square just the same as I am willing to accept the fact that the CTS-V came in fourth place in the CAR track comparison. This does not take away what the CTS-V brings to the table, but other makers are not going to sit idle-or do you believe nothing will ever or has eclipsed the Cadillac as already proven by Car?

Last edited by myntk12; 11-02-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 PM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
...The RS4 just pulls and pulls...
I dont' know why, but I get a kick out of reading this part of the statement
Old 11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by myntk12
I have well over 20,000 post on several automotive forums since the early days of the internet, owned well over 50 fine cars, mod'd over 2/3 of those, with many being first mods, fabricated by myself, or had someone else fabricate them. This along with my 16 years in the automotive industry working alongside most major automotive companies gives me just a hint of the industry. Yours? Oh yeah, you have 4000 posts.
Really? Because you only have about 20 on the forums I count, and on both, you claim to come from a "long line of built-like-a-brick lexuses and a few bimmers". Not this 20,000 post LEGACY OF AUTOMOTIVE GODLINESS.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...ml#post3674124

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6#post17393246

GTFO dude, you're not coming to my house and try to play NOTKTS.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:41 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Really? Because you only have about 20 on the forums I count, and on both, you claim to come from a "long line of built-like-a-brick lexuses and a few bimmers". Not this 20,000 post LEGACY OF AUTOMOTIVE GODLINESS.

I actually just picked up this car and since you have enough time in your life to actually pull up the post you should have seen those threads. But again, your not interested in facts, just your own fantasy. But that's fine, people like you are all over, just talk, no knowledge, and then get intimidated. It sure does appear that the both of us are going to have a lot of fun here. I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you for accepting the sinker. Your easy bait, very little automotive knowledge (proven) and so easily swayed. Now when you want to drop the ***** attitude and discuss the facts again, by all means, or are you not capable of having such a discussion.

Last edited by myntk12; 11-02-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG

its so intertaining seing you guys go at it.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Internet keyboard jockeys at it again.

Let's talk cars, eh?

Speaking of which, what ARE the Nurburgring times for the RS4 & new E63. I haven't seen MBZ post any times for the car yet.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 11-03-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Internet keyboard jockeys at it again.

Let's talk cars, eh?

Speaking of which, what ARE the Nurburgring times for the RS4 & new E63. I haven't seen MBZ post any times for the car yet.

Agreed, hey Cylinder, you want to discuss cars here? or wait until the mods step in?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I actually just picked up this car and since you have enough time in your life to actually pull up the post you should have seen those threads. But again, your not interested in facts, just your own fantasy.
How so? You're reading selectively. I never said anything about when you picked up the car. What I did say, is that ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN WORDS, you come from a long line of Lexuses, not a long line of tuner cars with 20,000 plus post counts since the dawn of time according to your own pontifications.

But that's fine, people like you are all over, just talk, no knowledge, and then get intimidated. It sure does appear that the both of us are going to have a lot of fun here. I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you for accepting the sinker. Your easy bait, very little automotive knowledge (proven) and so easily swayed.
No knowledge? As I alluded to in my previous posts, I've ESTABLISHED my depth of autumotive knowledge here from my very first posts on this forum (again, you've been selectively reading). You don't know me, these people here do. I've been building cars for over ten years, worked for several tuners and even helped start a friend's tuning business. I could talk trims on turbine wheels or the proper injector setup for a 13B, or if you like, explain the differences between DSG, CVT and SMG. I could talk about classic American Muscle or 90's Japanese Rice or Koenigseggs that run on bacon grease. Don't act like you baited me, I simply reacted to your rampant and pathetic douchebaggery by digging up YOUR OWN POSTS which work against any argument you are trying to create.

And if you have the vaunted auto background that you currently claim, in some area other than a Lexus or Acura beater, then you should know that one magazine test does not define a car's performance, as ALL auto mags are biased. I'm not some huge proponent of the CTS-V, I'm just taking the sum total of EVERY real life race and Nurburgring time I've seen, and made a calculated observation.

And by the way, it's "you'RE", not "your".

Now when you want to drop the ***** attitude and discuss the facts again, by all means, or are you not capable of having such a discussion.
First of all, I just want to point out that you said I have a "***** attitude".

If you want some better material, I'm sure someone here with a sense of irony and humor can ghost write your next attempt at insult.

You've discussed no facts here, you've only driveled on about how a SINGLE MAGAZINE TEST (from a publication that I respect greatly) somehow has credence over the established standard that automakers compare to each other with.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 11-03-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Actually you called me out on my automotive knowledge and I have answered and yet you have still to answer the very same question. In fact all you did was to lay into an attack because you obviously cannot justify your comment.

As I alluded to in my previous posts, I've ESTABLISHED my depth of autumotive knowledge here from my very first posts on this forum
Well, let's see here.

Here is one where you feel the need to discuss your relationship problems because you cannot handle a relationship in a modern world. 11 posts here.
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...uty-sleep.html

Here is one about aliens in which your posted 3 times.
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/323658-aliens.html

You have a lot more of off topic discussion here as well.

Is this the example of your established knowledge?

In fact do you even own a Mercedes? Or do you just come here because you feel AMG owners can assist you with your girlfriend?

Ring results are what EVERY AUTOMAKER OUT THERE including Mercedes
Again, absolutely incorrect. Everyone of them huh?

E63 has been documented as having been tested at the Nordschleife, and no numbers have been released, you can speculate away.
Really? Where? Prove it?

Those times don't mean much to me. With the Jag and Audi so close to the CTS-V
I never mentioned the Audi or Jag here. But yeah, you believe this is Dr Phil's forum, so nothing surprises. You chose to just completely ignore the comparison.

Did you read the thread or did you just lo0l and heheheheHEheheHe your way here to spout nonsense?
Here you are again making more friends. I am starting to see a pattern here.

The new E63 would get smoked by the CTS-V on the track.
Already proven to be incorrect.

The kid's a kid, plain and simple. His cadence, sentence structure, spelling, the SHEER NUMBER of forums he belongs to (google his photobucket name topgear66), all indicate the 16 year old son of a very rich man.

That's fine, but don't try and pass yourself off as something you're not.
No wonder your having relationship issues, with a winning attitude like that, women should be lining up-to be knocked down.

You've discussed no facts here, you've only driveled on about how a SINGLE MAGAZINE TEST (from a publication that I respect greatly)
Actually I chose not ignore one and to accept another as you have. The E63 has now won two comparisons against he CTS-V. Car and now Car & Driver where it out accelerated the V and pulled a higher skidpad. This is that car that you stated above would get smoked. These are the only direct comparisons that currently exist. When Mercedes does test he E63 on the Ring, then I would surely factor that into my opinion as well.

Yep, that is an established record you have there, of trying your best to make up for something you much lack by putting down others. And yet, here we are, on a Mercedes forum, and still......waiting for that automotive knowledge of yours.

Last edited by myntk12; 11-03-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually you called me out on my automotive knowledge and I have answered and yet you have still to answer the very same question. In fact all you did was to lay into an attack because you obviously cannot justify your comment.

Well, let's see here.

Here is one where you feel the need to discuss your relationship problems because you cannot handle a relationship in a modern world. 11 posts here.
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...uty-sleep.html
Haha. Did you see the conclusion to that one? Me buying her lapdances? Bet your wife is that much fun eh? The people in OT are my friends, I know many of them in real life, and in case you didn't notice, there's a lot of discussion of life issues in there. There's nothing in that thread I have to be embarassed about. Don't be jealous because my absolutely smokin girlfriend makes nicey nice.

Here is one about aliens in which your posted 3 times.
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/323658-aliens.html

You have a lot more of off topic discussion here as well.

Is this the example of your established knowledge?
Actually, in case you didn't notice the HEADING on that forum, it's OFF TOPIC. For conversations OTHER than relating to cars. We goof around in there. Tons of fun. Oh, and you've still done nothing to prove any of this automotive genius of yours.

Really? Where? Prove it?
Do you like your crow with relish or ketchup?

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jul09/0...d_Testing.html

Nordschleife proves the ultimate test for man and machine

The series of tests on the notorious Nürburgring Nordschleife (North Loop) – considered to be the world's toughest racing circuit – is equally extreme. Measuring 20.8 kilometres in length, the "big dipper" with its 73 bends stretches the E 63 AMG and its test drivers to the very limit. Every kilometre covered on the Nordschleife is equivalent to around seven kilometres on a normal road – the ultimate "accelerated" test for every new AMG model. This is where all the people who matter can be found: the suspension and tyre specialists, the handling dynamics experts, the transmission gurus and the team responsible for overall vehicle development. "If our 3-stage ESP® works here, it will work on any road in the world," laughs Tobias Moers, who gives his personal approval for every new AMG high-performance vehicle on the Nordschleife. Without exception.
PWNED!!!

Pic here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroenolthof/3910770698/

Are you not entertained?? Check YouTube as well. Plenty of vids of the car in camo and out of it on the North Loop.

But yeah, you believe this is Dr Phil's forum, so nothing surprises. You chose to just completely ignore the comparison.
Off topic is a great forum where many of us talk about our lives. Funny how you attempted to dig at me for looking at your post history, then you take a deep dive into mine. Hypocrite much?

No wonder your having relationship issues, with a winning attitude like that, women should be lining up-to be knocked down.

Yep, that is an established record you have there, of trying your best to make up for something you much lack by putting down others. And yet, here we are, on a Mercedes forum, and still......waiting for that automotive knowledge of yours.
This forum is much more than a Mercedes forum. If you'd been around for more than a month, you might know that. Instead you come in here stinking of pomposity and trying to take a stab at me. I'm not going to lay down for it, and NOTHING has been proven as far as this car comparison. Statistically the CTS-V has still beaten the competition multiples of times more than the inverse.

And as to your last stab at my "automotive knowledge", I have nothing to prove here. As the newbie, you do.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 11-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Haha. Did you see the conclusion to that one? Me buying her lapdances? Bet your wife is that much fun eh? The people in OT are my friends, I know many of them in real life, and in case you didn't notice, there's a lot of discussion of life issues in there. There's nothing in that thread I have to be embarassed about. Don't be jealous because my absolutely smokin girlfriend makes nicey nice.

Actually, in case you didn't notice the HEADING on that forum, it's OFF TOPIC. For conversations OTHER than relating to cars. We goof around in there. Tons of fun. Oh, and you've still done nothing to prove any of this automotive genius of yours.

Do you like your crow with relish or ketchup?

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jul09/0...d_Testing.html

The series of tests on the notorious Nürburgring Nordschleife (North Loop) – considered to be the world's toughest racing circuit – is equally extreme. Measuring 20.8 kilometres in length, the "big dipper" with its 73 bends stretches the E 63 AMG and its test drivers to the very limit. Every kilometre covered on the Nordschleife is equivalent to around seven kilometres on a normal road – the ultimate "accelerated" test for every new AMG model. This is where all the people who matter can be found: the suspension and tyre specialists, the handling dynamics experts, the transmission gurus and the team responsible for overall vehicle development. "If our 3-stage ESP® works here, it will work on any road in the world," laughs Tobias Moers, who gives his personal approval for every new AMG high-performance vehicle on the Nordschleife. Without exception.
PWNED!!!

Pic here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroenolthof/3910770698/

Are you not entertained?? Check YouTube as well. Plenty of vids of the car in camo and out of it on the North Loop.

Off topic is a great forum where many of us talk about our lives. Funny how you attempted to dig at me for looking at your post history, then you take a deep dive into mine. Hypocrite much?

This forum is much more than a Mercedes forum. If you'd been around for more than a month, you might know that. Instead you come in here stinking of pomposity and trying to take a stab at me. I'm not going to lay down for it, and NOTHING has been proven as far as this car comparison. Statistically the CTS-V has still beaten the competition multiples of times more than the inverse.

And as to your last stab at my "automotive knowledge", I have nothing to prove here. As the newbie, you do.
And through it all, you still have answered nothing. Not a single thing. Two magazine comparisons where the E63 has beaten the CTS-V yet you choose to ignore them completely. Again, still waiting for that automotive knowledge of yours. And since I am new, your correct, and I will no doubt establish it here, you have been here for years and you only excel at hiding your insecurities by demeaning other people as proven over and over.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And through it all, you still have answered nothing. Not a single thing. Two magazine comparisons where the E63 has beaten the CTS-V yet you choose to ignore them completely. Again, still waiting for that automotive knowledge of yours. And since I am new, your correct, and I will no doubt establish it here, you have been here for years and you only excel at hiding your insecurities by demeaning other people as proven over and over.

Weak. Leaning on two magazine tests. One from CAR AND DRIVER, of all places. Come on dude, do better. Once again:

That was my answer, the crux of what I the point I was trying to make, and I made it. I even used Mercedes AMG's own words to do it.

Still don't see any proof of your 20,000 posts since the ice age combined with a stint on Ferrari's F1 team.

And with that, you can bite my bag. Next time you and the wife are in the greater NY area, I'll buy her some lap dances.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 11-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM

2004 E55 AMG

And with that, you can bite my bag. Next time you and the wife are in the greater NY area, I'll buy her some lap dances.

Thank you, that pretty much sums it up right there. Good post.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM

E63
thanks for all the comments guys. I am not a kid but I appreciate it I would love to go back to college and not have to work everyday. I am 28 years old and have a had a few sports cars in my life so far. And yes the E63 is my old mans car so my knowledge is very limited of this car so far but I am trying to learn as much as I can to be able to maintain the car and to watch for any problem areas. I have learned forums are the best place to get information and to get an idea of the real value and real issues with cars. plus love to see how people are modding them. My old man always does some stuff to his cars and has had some really hot cars in his day

I do not challenge anyone's knowledge of the Merc. I have never owned one. I have driven a couple. I sold an 2001 E55 a long time ago for a business partner of my old man and I have driven the E63 a couple times (he is having some transmission issues at the moment)

Cars I have owned (please keep in mind I have paid for these cars myself, I never felt like it was mine unless I paid for it. so as I get better jobs I move up my car game)

past cars and all of them were modded is some way, 1995 SHO , 99 SVT contour (loved that car), 2 door Tahoe, 1997 BMW M3, and now I am driving a G35 coupe I don't really like it that much but it was best car bang for buck at the time and I like to have a car with some luxury or I just would have gone with an STi for just speed. 25k in miles for 18k and a warranty for the g35 seemed good. I have considered moving a Merc. I figure in another year or so I might be able to afford a used C63. love that car but have been told it drives nothing like how Merc usually do.

so that is my story. I have no reason to lie like alot of people on forums. not trying to impress anyone just enjoy sharing my love, more of a sickness, of cars
Old 11-03-2009, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you, that pretty much sums of what you are right there. Good post.

??? Times ???

??? Knowledge ???

??? Posts ???
Old 11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Ahh yes, the inevitable end to most theads on MB world, the **** (pronounced kock) fight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cadillac V-series challenge..anybody want to bring their AMG/M/RS to challenge?